Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny's Path ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

This is a story of two people, people who decided to stop accepting the life others chose for them and instead seek their own ...

Destiny's Path
By Archangel Nightshade Bloodraven

"Ranma! Quit flirting with those floozies!"

"This one's gonna cost you Saotome."

"Ranchan sugar!"

"Airen take Shampoo on date, yes?"

"Saotome, you will never take my Shampoo!"

"Release the beauteous Akane Tendo and pigtailed goddess, vile sorcerer, or face the divine wrath of Tatewake Kuno, Aged 17..."

"Ranma prepare to die!"

"SWEETO!"

"Ranma Sama!"

"The houses must be joined!"

"Worthless boy! You must marry Akane!"

A normal day, but today it all proved overwhelming for Ranma Saotome.

"Enough!" Ranma roared pushing his battle aura to the max scattering the mob to the winds before bouncing from the floor off the wall by the stairs and over the railing. Moments later he appeared again, this time with his backpack. "I have had enough of all of this shit! I'm not a trophy, or a prize, or a meal ticket! I'm a fucking human being, and I'm leaving!"

"Sure. When times get hard run like your father." Nabiki said. A moment later she held her hand to her burning cheek as Ranma glared at her hard.

"Don't ever compare me to that worthless piece of genetic filth. The only reason he married my mother was for her money." Ranma grabbed his pack and started towards the door only to be intercepted by Akane.

"A real martial artist-"

"You don't know shit about being a real martial artist! You treat the art as though it were a game or a plaything, and then get mad when someone better than you steals your thunder! Welcome to reality Princess. There will always be someone better, and there's a hell of a lot more to training than breaking bricks and dummies. When you figure out what it truly means to be a martial artist, then you will have earned the right to lecture me. Now, I'm leaving." He walked coldly past his fiancée before raising his arm to deflect a kick to his head. "Martial arts is about discipline Akane. Master your rage before it masters you."

"Fine! See if I care!" She screamed dropping to her knees sobbing. Ranma didn't even turn as he walked out the door and his father lunged for him.

"You think you can stop me?" Ranma snarled dropping his pack and grabbing his father's gi before shooting off the ground to pivot and slam him into the ground hard. "It's over, Genma! I'm doing what I should have done when you threw me in the pit of cats!"

"Worthless, selfish boy! Everything I did-"

"Was for your own good. Couldn't let Genma Saotome have to find a real job could we?" Ranma slammed a punch into his collarbone shattering it.

"I found you the perfect fiancée!"

"No you didn't! You got me a violent maniac who will never by any stretch of the imagination be compatible with me and a childhood friend who's been through such an emotional roller coaster because of us the only thing she knows for sure is that she's afraid to let me go. And don't think I've forgotten about the OTHERS!" Ranma snarled bashing the back of Genma's head off the stone walkway where the blood pooled disturbingly.

"It was all for your dream of being the greatest martial artist of your generation."

"Your dream old man, not mine." Ranma delivered a single swift punch to the chest. "I just stopped your heart. I suggest you get it restarted." Ranma paused and looked at where Genma had just lost control of his bladder. "And you won't need these anymore." Ranma said cupping his hands as he gathered his ki,

"MOKO TAKABISHA!" The ki blast hit the old master of Anything goes point blank range and 150% on target. The fat lazy practioner screamed in agony as Ranma stood and two others applauded.

"Well spoken my son, but a little extreme." Nodaka said from the gate as Genma clutched at his injuries.

"Ranma I'm so proud of you." Kasumi said stomping down hard on Genma's chest restarting his heart before pressing her foot into his throat. "I suffered quietly for two years watching you be abused and slighted. You reminded me so much of myself, it made me want to cry. No one ever asked either of us what we wanted." She kicked Genma viciously in his side. "Leave this place Genma Saotome, and never return. You've ruined Ranma's life for the last time."

"You have no right-"

"I have every right! Since my mother died, and father has become unable to think clearly I have become head of this household, and now I'm going to do something I should have done long ago. Begone Genma. You are a blight on this house and I will not tolerate you here one moment longer."

"And before you get any bright ideas about taking your frustration out on her, know that if you lay one hand on her," He turned and took one of two cloth wrapped bundles from his mother. "Kami sama help me, I will kill you. Now leave."

"Yes..." Genma said. "Come Nodaka, my beloved wife. Let's go home."

"You are not welcome in my home." Nodaka said stonily. "You are an outcast Genma, stripped of the Saotome name, and all privileges that come with it. Leave or die." Genma glared and, realizing he couldn't weasel his way through the wall of emotional steel formed by Nodaka, Ranma, and Kasumi moved toward the house.

In a blur of motion twin bundles of cloth were unrolled and Nodaka and Ranma each produced a sword. "No pack old man." Ranma said.

"You will survive with what you have. Go." Nodaka said.

"And Genma?" Kasumi said. "If you, or anyone else, goes after Ranma -and I will know if you do, make no mistake- I will leave this house."

A collective gasp tore through the house. "Kasumi you can't leave!" Akane gasped.

"Why not? I've brought you and Nabiki up the best I know how. There's nothing left for me here."

"Why?" Nabiki asked.

"Isn't it obvious?" Kasumi asked looking fondly at Ranma as Genma edged out the gate.

"Too obvious." Nabiki said sadly. "I ask again why?"

"Because we care about each other... as people."

The light bulb finally went on in Akane's head. "But- you can't love him! He's my fiancée!"

"Not anymore Akane." Ranma said. "The engagements are over."

"Guess you're all mine then Ran chan."

"All of them." Kasumi said calmly.

"No! Ranma is Shampoo Airen!"

"Don't even think of it." Ranma said. "Seven digits is all it takes to get you deported. By the time you get back there'll be nothing left of Saotome Ranma but dusty footprints.

"But Ranchan... why?"

"It's my life Ukyo. And I'm going to live it on my terms."

"And what better time to start than on your birthday." Nodaka beamed sheathing the sword she held tossing it to Ranma. "For you my son."

"My... birthday." Ranma paused to turn the sheathed sword over. It was a simple design, straight blade with a cord wrapped hilt and a sheath with twin straps that could be slung over the shoulders like a backpack. "I didn't even realize..."

"Where will you go?" Kasumi asked.

"I- I don't know." Ranma said strapping the sword to his back and tightening the straps on the sword before slinging his pack on over top it. "But I'm leaving here."

"Running away like the coward you are! Ranma Saotome, prepare to die!" Ryoga screamed charging his hated foe. His charge was arrested when Kasumi produced a bo staff, hidden weapons style. A three hit combo and leg sweep later Ryoga was sucking dirt.

"Your life is your own responsibility." She said glaring at the wheezing lost boy. "Just because you cross paths with someone once in your life doesn't give you the right to make them your personal scapegoat."

"But Ranma-"

"Ranma waited THREE DAYS! Most people would have left after a few hours. Every challenge you gave he answered. You didn't have to follow him to Jusenkyo, just like he never had to keep the secret that you're P chan." Akane gasped in shock and Ryoga lunged at Ranma only to be batted back down by Kasumi's staff. "Don't even try it! You played Ranma's honor when you have no honor yourself!"

"Ranma broke his honor vow! He told-"

"I told no one, Ryoga. You really think Kasumi's that clueless? You forget one the first rules of martial arts: Never underestimate an opponent. Kasumi knew about your curse the first time she saw you. All because of your bandanna."

"Feh. The vile sorcerer Saotome hides behind another of his helpless thralls." Kuno said raising his bokken and charging at Ranma. Kasumi started to raise her staff when Ranma raised a hand to pause her and draw his sword in a single fluid motion.

Kuno may have had the training with the sword, but Ranma had live steel and chestnut fist speed. The contest was over in a matter of seconds as Kuno was staring at a pile of wood shavings and Ranma was sheathing his sword. "I count myself lucky to have someone who cares about me enough to come to my defense. I doubt you could claim the same. And I thank you for it."

Kasumi stared at Ranma for a long moment before she did something totally out of character for her, but she quickly realized she liked her new character. With that she wrapped her arms around Ranma and pressed her lips to his in a tender kiss. "A new memory for a new life."

"Thank you, Kasumi." Ranma said, adjusting first sword and then pack. "Don't bother looking for me, because as far as I'm concerned," He slipped through the fence and started down the street. "Saotome Ranma just died."

"I saw you slip him the envelope." Nodaka said quietly to Kasumi. "Thank you."

"I'll not have the man I love become his father. He won't be stealing to survive. Not on this trip."

***

Juban Ward

"Haruka! Hotaru's gone!" Michiru cried.

"What!?" Haruka sprang to her feet and grabbed her lover by the shirt. "Gone where?!"

"She's gone to find her place in the world." Setsuna said calmly.

"You knew?" Michiru snarled. "No, of course you knew. You always know."

"Why is she doing this?" Haruka asked.

"She wants a life she can call her own."

"She has one! She's Sailor Saturn!" Michiru exclaimed.

"A job she neither asked for or accepted. She never asked for her healing gifts. She never asked for anything that happened to her. And now, she's finally had enough. She's gone to find a life she chooses to live."

"She can't hide for long. When we find her we'll just bring her back." Michiru stated firmly.

"And have her resent you for the rest of your life." Setsuna said.

"She's too young to be gallivanting around by herself!"

"She's 16, the most powerful senshi alive, and she should be meeting someone on the same path she travels," Setsuna sipped her tea and looked at her watch. "now."

***

Hotaru trekked steadily along satisfied that she was far enough from Juban that she could cut her breakneck jog to a brisk stride. She had just turned off the main road into the woods when she spotted him.

He had just entered the clearing from the opposite side as her. As soon as their eyes met he took a relaxed martial arts stance. "Hello." He said casually. "Are you lost?"

"Actually, I'm running away from home." She said.

"No you're not." He approached her slowly, never taking his indigo eyes from her violet ones. "You're running from choices you have no say in, responsibilities you never asked for, the sins of the father returned to the son, debts you can't pay. A life you can't live."

"How..."

He gave her a warm smile and a gentle hug, "Because I can see it in your eyes. Because I've been trapped in that life for the last 12 years."

"Who are you?"

"Once I was Ranma Saotome. Now... I guess that's what I'm trying to find out. How about yourself?"

"Once I was Tomoe Hotaru, now... I'm a wanderer like you. Ranma, can I... Can I stay with you, until I find my own path?"

"Of course." He smiled as they set off again at a more sedate pace.

"Then I suppose this is a happy accident."

"Hotaru, after what I've seen, there are no accidents."

***

Sailor Pluto grinned as she watched the pair through the Gates of Time. "You're right Ranma. There are no accidents." She murmured as the they passed a sign. "No accidents at all."

The sign read Domino City 500 miles.