InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To Bind a Soul ❯ The Aftermath of a Day ( Chapter 16 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Hey guys! I'm glad y'all are enjoying the story so much. I've had some questions about if there was going to be a lemon and just to set the record straight, yes, there will be a lemon, but it will be in a separate chapter where no one will miss any important story lines or the such if they choose not to read it. I realize not everyone likes to read that kind of stuff, but I'm not one of those people, so there will be a lemon. Now, on with the story.

Chapter 16- The Aftermath of a Day

"How was the shopping trip?" Ms. Higurashi asked when Inuyasha and Kagome walked into the kitchen.

"Awful," said Inuyasha.

"I had fun," replied Kagome.

"Will you two be saying here for the next few days?"

"No," said Inuyasha.

"Till the end of the week," answered Kagome, eyeing the hanyou. "A few more days of school, then we'll get back to shard hunting."

"Feh," muttered Inuyasha.

Ms. Higurashi bit back a laugh. They were acting just like a married couple. "Well, dinner will be ready in a bit," she said and turned back to the stove.

"We're going back to my time for dinner," stated Inuyasha as he walked out of the kitchen to put the shopping bags away.

"We are?" asked Kagome.

"Yes. We are. You owe me that much. I want to go back for a little while."

"Why?"

"Because I want to."

Kagome huffed but didn't say no. "Alright. We'll go as soon as you change. I assume you don't want to wear the uniform. Shippou and Miroku will tease you till kingdom come."

Inuyasha grimaced and nodded, making his way up the stairs. The first thing he noticed was that Kagome's room looked different. Then he remembered. He and Kagome would be sharing a larger room now. Still, he had left his fire rat robes in Kagome's old room, but they weren't there.

"If you're looking for your robes," Ms. Higurashi yelled from the kitchen, "They are in the wash. You'll have to wear something else."

"What!" Inuyasha yelled back.

"Calm down Inuyasha," muttered Kagome as she walked up the stairs. "You can just wear some of your new clothes."

"Some of my new clothes?" he repeated.

"Yes, here we are," replied Kagome, digging out a pair of jeans and the red T-shirt Inuyasha had tried on at the store. "Wear these."

"I'll still get teased," replied Inuyasha as he stared at the clothes in her hand.

"They'll regret it," said Kagome.

Inuyasha raised an eyebrow but took the clothes and went into the bathroom to change. Kagome waited patiently for Inuyasha in the kitchen, and when Inuyasha appeared in the doorway, Kagome had to control the urge to throw herself at him. Where the hell did that come from? Kagome asked herself before she found herself being pulled outside and towards the well house by Inuyasha.

The hanyou could smell her desire. At first it had surprised him, really, really surprised him. He had to hide a smile when Kagome wouldn't take her eyes off of him. Maybe a little teasing from Shippou and Miroku was worth it if it made Kagome act the way she was.

Kagome snapped out of her little daze when she felt Inuyasha picking her up bridal style and jumping into the well. She felt the familiar floating sensation that happened every time they traveled, and then smelt the fresh air of feudal Japan.

Inuyasha jumped out of the well and set Kagome down, putting an arm around her waist to steady her. He didn't remove his arm as they started walking towards the village though.

The couple were met halfway by an over hyper kitsune and a monk that was sporting more than a few bumps on his head. "Good day Kagome-sama, Inuyasha," greeted Miroku as he slowed his pace to match the newcomers.

"Sango's not talking to him," Shippou informed them as he settled on Inuyasha's shoulder.

"What did you do this time monk?" asked Inuyasha.

"I was merely complimenting her female form," Miroku informed the pair.

"You groped her," stated Kagome.

"It wasn't so much-"

"You groped her," repeated Kagome.

"Hai, hai I did," admitted Miroku.

Inuyasha shook his head. "When are you going to learn?" he asked.

"Well since my tactics fail to attract any women, why don't you inform me how it is done Inuyasha?" prodded Miroku teasingly. He was not expecting the hanyou to answer.

"You could not grope her for starters."

"But simply ignoring her will not inform Sango of my attentions for her."

"Well you don't have to grope her to let her know you're interested," argued Inuyasha.

Kagome stifled a laugh. Miroku was asked Inuyasha for love advice! She knew Miroku had started the conversation for entertainment purposes and the excuse for small talk, but the discussion was rapidly changing into a serious topic.

"So you're saying that I shouldn't compliment her form?" asked Miroku skeptically.

"No, I'm not saying that. Just don't be so . . . so up front about it," Inuyasha tried to explain.

"Why don't you tell me how you succeeded Kagome-sama, then maybe I'll understand a bit more."

Inuyasha sputtered for a second before his face went completely red.

"Miroku-sama!" shouted Kagome, shocked.

"So you two are not romantically involved yet? Well I suppose it's only a matter of time."

"What are you implying monk?" shouted Inuyasha.

"Please, there is no reason to raise your voice my friend. I was simply making a casual observation. I'm not the only one who drew such conclusions though," replied Miroku calmly.

"Who else thinks . . . what you think?" Kagome finished, her blush had reached the tip of her ears.

"Most of the villagers actually. They have a bet going as to when your first child will be born," he informed the couple.

"First child?" repeated Inuyasha. "A bet?"

"Why yes. I do realize it's a bit crude-"

"What are you talking about Miroku?" asked Shippou as he moved from Inuyasha's shoulder to Kagome's arms, "You were one of the first to place a bet."

"You were, were you?" Kagome said through clenched teeth.

"Really Kagome-sama, would I lower myself to such standards?"

"Yes," Inuyasha and Kagome said together.

"Well, just for the sake of curiosity, when do you think your first child will be born?"

Inuyasha moved to hit the monk over the head, but Kagome beat him to it.

"Kagome?" Inuyasha said questionably.

Kagome, realizing what she had done, looked down at her fist like it belonged to somebody else. I didn't even know what I was doing. It was like the most casual thing in the world to simply strike him.

"I believe your punch has strengthened since last time," muttered Miroku as he pulled himself from the ground and shook the dirt from his robes.

"Opps," Kagome said in a very small voice. "I didn't mean too . . . that is I . . ." Kagome didn't know how to continue.

Inuyasha couldn't take it anymore. It was just too hilarious. The hanyou's entire body shook with laughter as he made an effort to control it.

Miroku looked over at the shaking dog-demon, and for the first time noticed his strange attire. "I must say Inuyasha," said the monk, "That has to be one of the strangest outfits I have ever seen."

Inuyasha stopped laughing and growled in warning. Before Shippou could add his opinion and agree with the monk, Kagome stepped in and spoke her opinion. "I rather like it," she said.

"Is that type of attire common in your time?" asked Miroku.

"Yes, it is. But I have to say, Inuyasha looks better in the clothing than any other guy in my time." Kagome froze in shock when she realized what had just slipped through her mouth. Oh, shit, she was never going to hear the end of this.

Miroku also froze to stare at the young miko. Were those clothes really that appealing to her? Had he just heard what he think he did? Maybe he had hit his head too many times.

"Man, Kagome. You are getting weirder by the day," muttered Shippou as he jumped off the young miko and led the rest of the way to Kaede's hut.

The rest of the journey was made is an amused silence. Well, Miroku and Inuyasha thought it was funny. Kagome couldn't get over what she had said. She hadn't even been thinking it. Well, maybe she had had a couple of dozen thoughts about jumping Inuyasha, but she never would have said anything like that out loud!

"Oi, Kagome," said Inuyasha as the group settled themselves into Kaede's hut, Miroku moving near Sango, Shippou across the fire from Kaede, Kagome and himself near the door, "You don't need to be so tense. Relax a bit."

Kagome bit back a sit that was at the tip of her tongue. She couldn't use that threat anymore, not without a sore ass to show for it. But Kagome did take a deep breath and try to relieve the tension that had built up inside her.

"How long will you two be staying?" asked Sango, beginning the conversation.

"Only for dinner," replied Inuyasha. "We have to go to school for a few more days before we can go on any shard hunts."

Sango's head jerked up at the hanyou's voice, which was devoid of his usual gruffness. The demon exterminator looked over to Kagome and notice a slight tension in the young miko's jaw, but nothing close to how tense it had been when she had entered the hut.

Kaede sighed from her place by the fire. "Well then," said the aged miko, "Miroku-sama, will you please collect the bowls for us."

~_^

The rest of dinner proved uneventful and Inuyasha and Kagome returned to the future just as the sun was beginning to set.

"Kagome, dear," Ms. Higurashi called from upstairs when they entered the house. "Could you come help me move your bed?"

Kagome walked into her bedroom to discover most of her stuff had already been moved. "How did you get everything done so quickly?" she asked awed.

"As soon as you two left she put us on `move' mode," Souta said as he exited from Kagome and Inuyasha's new bedroom.

Kagome sighed and shook her head. Her mother was the strangest person alive. The miko could sense Inuyasha laughing from behind her. "I'll help you move the bed," Inuyasha announced as he past by Kagome to Ms. Higurashi's side.

"Thank you dear," Ms. Higurashi said as Inuyasha effortlessly lifted the bed and moved it into the new room.

Kagome shook her head again. Was she the only sane one in the house?

~_^

Kagome had to admit, the room wasn't that bad when they finished it up. It wasn't cramped with the two beds like Kagome had assumed it would be, and there was still room for her desk. Kagome had been completely settled in to her new room by the time it was ready to go to bed.

"Oi, Kagome," Inuyasha said as the hanyou slid under the covers of his new bed.

"Yes, Inuyasha?" replied the tired miko.

"What's a boyfriend?"

Kagome sputtered momentarily before trying to answer. "Well, you see . . . that is . . . I mean to say . . ."

"Just spit it out wench."

"A boyfriend is a guy that, um," Kagome trailed off for a second, "That a girl spends time with to try and figure out if she likes the guy's company."

"Why don't they just be friends instead?" Inuyasha asked.

"Well, it's sort of more intimate than that. When you date a person, it's to see if you want to spend the rest of your life with that person. A sort of life-mate if you see what I mean. Of course most of the time it's not as serious as that. Most people my age do it just for fun."

"Have you dated before, Kagome?"

Kagome glanced up at Inuyasha at the gruffness in his voice and answered carefully. "No, not really. There was Hojo, that guy you met today at the mall, but those weren't really dates. I didn't show up for one, and ran out on the other because I was too worried about you."

"Worried about me?"

"You remember after the second battle with your brother? When you locked me out?" At his nod Kagome continued. "I went out with him for lunch, but I got worried before we even received the food and ran out on him. I was afraid you would come to get me and I wouldn't be there."

"You implied to those friends of yours that I was your boyfriend," Inuyasha stated, trying to stick to his first question.

"I did. I thought they would leave us alone a bit more if they assumed that." It would also keep other girls away from what's mine!

"Whatever. I don't care what you tell them as long as they don't bother me."

"So you wouldn't care if I told everyone that you were my boyfriend?"

"Not really. What's the difference really from the way we're acting now. We spend all our time together after all."

Kagome nodded at bit. Thinking back on it all, it was actually a shock to realize how much time she spent with the hanyou. They were never without one another's presence for maybe an hour at the most.

"So, if I'm your boyfriend," Inuyasha continued, oblivous to the way Kagome's face turned red, "Would that make you my girlfriend?" he guessed.

"Uh, yeah, it would," replied Kagome.

"Okay then," he replied and closed his eyes to annouce the conversation was over.

"Does that mean you're offically my boyfriend?" Kagome asked for confirmation.

"Feh. Sure, whatever woman, just go to sleep."

Kagome smiled and turned off the light. Maybe the day hadn't been so bad after all.

^_^