Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Not Everyday ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Angel: ^^ I realized that there aren't that many Jou/Bakura's out there! *sniff* Makes me wanna cry!!! T-T But, I'll be a big girl and get over it! I admit it- I was listening to my CD's when I thought this up. -.-

Let me get the ages down.

Bakura=21


yeah. Bakura and Ryou are brothers. ^^ Of course Ryou is the little brother.
_____________________________________________________________________
< br>
A snowy-haired man yawned softly as another man that sat on the other side of the white plastic table continued to blab on.

"All right, Ryou." The man interrupted, poking his aired-out sandwich.

"I don't think you're hearing me, Bakura. Mother is coming soon and I need you to keep the house up. If you can't do that, then I have one question for you- WHAT TYPE OF BROTHER ARE YOU?!"

"Geez, I'll keep the stupid house clean." Bakura replied, pulling his ear.

Ryou grinned evilly, "Awe, Bakura, you sweetie-face!"

Bakura glared, "Don't call me that. I hate that name. I am not sweet."

Ryou grinned wider, "Sure you aren't. Now, come on! I don't want to be late for Mother's arrival- you know how she can get."

Bakura groaned, "Oh, for sake of Ra."

"Who's Ra again?"

"Forget it." Bakura replied, stuffing his hands in his leather jacket pocket and following after his younger brother.

"Hey! Watch it!" He shouted when a blonde bumped into him. Bakura suddenly shut up as the blonde turned to him and gestured he was sorry, honey eyes glittering in the sunlight and golden blonde hair ruffled across his head. Bakura watched the blonde turn and continue running in the same direction he had been going.

"BAKURA!"

Bakura was shaken from his reverie by his brother's antics and when he made the effort to move his foot, that's when he noticed the book on that had been dropped at his feet. Picking it up, he watched a plastic card on string fall before picking it up also and scanning over it.

'Jounouchi Katsuya, ne?'

"BAKURA!!!!"

"I'M COMIN'!" Bakura shouted back, glancing in his brother's direction.

*Else where*

On the other side of town, Jounouchi Katsuya was not having a good day. He had been stopped by one of the college's security guards had stopped him and asked for his id badge.

"I'm wearin' it! Wait WHERE IS IT?!" Jounouchi growled and a string of curses escaped his mouth, causing the security guard to tip his hat up and look at Jou with beady squinted eyes.

"I swear I'm a student here! I even have da- Ah, hot sauce!" Jou cried, searching through his dull green duffle bag for his book.

"Ya gotta believe me!"

"And why is that?"

Jou sighed, a much longer and louder string of curses flying into the air, causing a few other students to look up at him. He turned and left the building, stopped and ran pass the security guard as fast as he could.

"HEY! STOP, YOU!"

Jou laughed before he suddenly bumped into someone.

"Excuse me, young sir. Do you know where Domino Park (1) is?"

Jou sighed at the woman, "Yer not from around here, are ya?"

"No, I'm afraid I'm not. Maybe if my good for nothing sons were here, I could actually find a place to eat!!!" The woman pouted, "They don't care for me. Well, there's Ryou- him and his sweet little self. But, it's Bakura. Such a trouble maker!"

Jou raised an eyebrow; frankly, he wasn't interested in hearing about this lady's family issues. He already had his own; what was the point of wasting time, feeling sorry for others?!

"The park's somewhere around-"

"OH, MOTHER!!!"

Jou cringed and peaked at the source to see a boy not much older than him grinning and hugging the woman, who returned the hug with the same amount of hugging force and noise.

"RYOU! I haven't seen you in ages!!"

"It's actually been 2 months. If you call that ages, you must really be old."

"Bakura!! That's no way to talk to Mother!"

Bakura snorted as the woman pouted and held her hands.

"Well, Bakura, if that's just how you feel, it leaves me with one choice."

"And that is?"

Bakura's eyes widened as a giant mallet appeared from his mother's purse.

"COME BACK HERE YOU INGRATE!!!!!"

Ryou chuckled, "Awe, talk about some tough love."

Jou, shocked that that could be called love, tapped the shorter snowy-haired boy on the shoulder, "Are you all related?"

Ryou smiled, "A little obvious, isn't it?"

"Oh."

"Why don't you join us for dinner?"

Jou raised an eyebrow, "Who? Me?"

"Yes, you, silly. We don't care if you were a murderer; we believe that everyone deserves a good snack!"

"SPEAK FOR YOURSELF!!"

Ryou growled, "Ignore my brother, if you can. He has some attitude problems. Serious problems."

Jou nodded; Why these people were being so nice to him was a mystery itself!

Later at a fancy restaurant

Ryou frowned, "That poor duck. Do you have anything that's strictly non-carnivore?"

The waiter bit back a snort, "There's the salads, sir."

Bakura snorted for the waiter, "Now, Ryou. Mum's going to say your starving yourself. I'll have two steaks. Well done."

Ryou snorted and muttered under his breath, "Carnivore."

"I heard that."

"You were supposed to."

"Now, now, boys! We have a guest! You still haven't told us your name, stranger!" Mother, we shall call her that, said, turning to Jou who was gently poking at the onion ring on his plate.

"Huh? Oh, um... it's Jounouchi, but my friends call me Jou." He replied, becoming more and more interested in the onion ring.

"Is that onion ring interesting or are we boring?" Bakura bluntly asked, leaning back in his seat.

Jou blushed; he didn't even know these people! Well, he knew their names were Ryou, Bakura and... Mother. Jou found it odd that she wanted everyone to call her Mother. But, then again, that had nothing to do with him. Except-

"I don't see what's so interesting about an onion ring," Bakura interrupted Jou's thoughts; he had started poking at an onion, "Nope, nothing interesting. Is it that onion ring?"

"Bakura! Stop badgering Jou!" Mother scowled, popping Bakura on the hand.

Jou laughed under his breath, causing Bakura to glare at him.

"What's so funny?" Bakura barked, eyes boring a hole in Jou's forehead.

Jou suddenly burst out in a flame of laughter, "You all are so funny!"

The three shared odd looks, signalling they didn't understand what he meant, before Ryou turned to him with a grin.

"So, do you have a way to get home?"

Jou stopped laughing, "Actually, I walk to my apartment."

Mother gasped loudly and jumped from her seat, scarring Jou senseless, "We can't have that happen! Bakura, drive him home."

Bakura began whining, "Why me?"

"Yes. You." A glare following.

"Ah, all right. Come on, you." Bakura stomped out the resturaunt, keys in hand and a bad attitude in mind.

Jou followed, running a little to catch up, and leaned against the car, before there was a tuck on his shirt.

"Are you getting in or not?"

Jou nodded and hopped into the car, greeted by silence. And the silence was killing him too. He began fedling with his fingers and tapping his foot and humming when Bakura turned to him.

"Help yourself."

Jou grinned, his face lit up like a thousands Christmases, as he began pushing the many buttons. First there was the radio with it's many varieties and then came the CD's.

"Hey, I love this song!" Jou cried, taking a CD' out of it's case and pushing it into the CD drive. The CD automatically began playing, music filling the car.

"...Listen as I speak cos I'm careful as I creep
You got me going crazy and you know I can't sleep
No fortune your moves and you hypnotise me..."

Bakura shook his head and turned back to the road, but he couldn't stop turning back towards Jou and watching him dance, or atleast the best he could in a seat.

"Oh, right here!" Jou grinned and pointed at the building across the street.

'A college student with an apartment like this can make a person suspicious!'

Bakura followed Jou up the stairs and to his door, feeling he had might as well. Jou gestured Bakura in.

"You can sit down if you want."

Bakura nodded, and instantly began raiding Jou's refridgerator. So what? Neither Mother nor Ryou was here, so what was stopping him? Sitting down, Bakura took the time to observe the apartment. It had nice blue colored walls and a fan hanging from the ceiling. There was a tall plant in one corner, a set of drums in another and a TV in another. The couchs were black, soft, and comfy; comfy enough to put you to sleep. A coffee table sat in front the couch Bakura was sitting on and another, smaller, plant sat to his left. The sound of running water flew by Bakura's ears.

'I'm still here, ya know!! ... Then again. '

Bakura slid across the wall and crawled on the floor; like a little child playing spy and ran over the corner.

"I must be as sleak as water!" (>.>;)

Bakura reached out to turn the knob on the bathroom door, when... it turned itself and the door opened, revealing a towel-clad Jou, rubber duckie in hand and another towel around his neck.

"Can I help you, or are you just being a nosy pervert?" Jou asked, an eyebrow raised.

"Is that a rubber duck?" Bakura asked, pointing.

Jou blushed and threw the duck over his shoulder, "No!"

"Awe," Bakura cried sarcastically, "Little Jou plays with his little rubber duckie!!"

Jou's nose strunched up as Bakura pinched his cheeks before attempting to bite on of them off.

"Fiesty." Bakura snickered, turning on his heel.

Jou growled, "I'll show you fiesty!"

Bakura's eyes widened as he was snatched around and trapped between the wall and Jou. He grinned as Jou panted slightly.

"Awe, you used up all the hot water." Bakura snickered again, flipping them over to where Jou was now trapped between the wall and Bakura.

Holding Jou's hands above his head, Bakura began nibbling from Jou's jawline to his collarbone and back, teasing Jou.

"I .... don't even ....know you." Jou choked out, slowly losing his will to speak.

"Yes, you do," Bakura grinned evilly, "What's my name?"

Jou, flushed from head to toe, groaned, "....."

"What's my name, Jou?" Bakura asked again, one hand trailing down and undoing the loose towel around Jou's waist.

"Bakura!!"

Other side of town...

Ryou sighed, "Shouldn't he be back now?"

"I know, Ryou, I know. He probably got caught up in traffic or... or..."

Ryou raised an eyebrow, "Or what?"

Mother grinned and waved her hand, "Oh, nothing!!"

Later that night on the other side of town...

Jou groaned as he turned over in the cream colored sheets and rested his head on his arm, hand laying on the pillow next to him.

'I'll see you again, Bakura. I'll find you, next time.'
___________________________________________________________________________ ________

Angel: ^^ Teehee... and that concludes the chapter of Not Everyday! Tune in next time for... I can't think up a title. *sweat* In one part of the story, I made a little face that looked like this: >.>; I worte the sentence, and then I realized the repundent stupidity. I was too lazy to take it out. ;p