InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fade and Flare ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Fade and Flare

Chapter 10

Inuyasha is the property of Rumiko Takahashi, Shonen Sunday, and more companies I’m too lazy to look up. D:


This takes place immediately after Chapter 9.

It's got sexual content. This is your warning.


On a whim she decided to go to bed as well, following Inuyasha as he padded down the hallway to his guest room next to her bedroom. Walking in tow she stopped when he stopped, giving the slightly bemused hanyou a wide smile when he turned around to raise an eyebrow at her. Shaking his head, he turned back around to resume the short trek to his room. Once he entered, he turned to close the door behind him.

"Good night, Kagome." With a soft laugh the door clicked shut.

"Good night," she called back from the hallway. Pouting a little she continued onward.

"Whoops." Just as the black-haired pop star entered her bedroom she realized she didn't remember her schedule for the coming day. Without pause Kagome went to see Inuyasha.

She didn't feel a need to knock, but later she would wonder why. With a sudden and loud twist of the doorknob she entered Inuyasha's room.

"Hey, Inuyasha. What time do I need to be awak-- oh!" A blush spread across her cheeks as she gasped, covering her mouth.

In front of her stood Inuyasha, shirtless, without pants, and about to shed his boxer shorts. His ears had raised and tilted forward as soon as the door burst open and the hanyou stood frozen in his tracks, wide-eyed at the woman staring.

They stayed like that longer than either had realized. Kagome's breathing quickened as she registered the sight before her, slowly appreciating the view. Though she had seen him in a swimsuit, this was different. Her eyes ran along the various crevices in his body; in particular they traced below his navel, trying their best to dart beneath the boundaries of his shorts. She wasn't supposed to see him like this. She couldn’t suppress her smile.

Finally recovering Inuyasha straightened, pulling his shorts back up. "I need you up at around nine." He decided to ignore the smile on her face.

"Nine..." Unconsciously, Kagome brought one finger to her lips, biting it as she examined him a little more.

"Anything else?" Inuyasha was starting to glare, hoping to ultimately distract from his blushing.

"You... you sleep naked?"

"S-sometimes, but I was just changing my clothes... hey, none of your business! Learn to knock, damn you!" Flailing for a second Inuyasha finally grabbed his discarded pair of pants-- the first object he could get his hands on-- and threw them at Kagome as she narrowly escaped, slamming the door shut.

"I gotta try this," she murmured in the hallway, sure that Inuyasha could hear. She headed back to her room, breathing quickly as his image came back to mind. The nervous breathing was soon eclipsed by her thoughts.

It was known: Kagome was attracted to him. Recent encounters reinforced these feelings, and she went to no trouble hiding the fact that she liked what she saw. The only thing of his left to the imagination was a scant few centimeters of flesh and hair that remained covered under the fabric of Inuyasha's shorts. As Kagome sat on her bed with his image swimming through her mind she smiled, picturing what it would be like to touch his skin again.

It came naturally: as she thought of him her hands unbuttoned her shirt, unhooked her bra, and finally released the button on her skirt. She shed these clothes where she sat, eventually rising to turn off the light. As she stood at the edge of her room locating a switch near the door, she flipped it off. A series of small lights underneath her large bed lit in turn, softly illuminating it with a soft glow. Before she moved to return to her bed she glanced at her bedroom door. She pushed it gently, leaving only a crack in the doorway. Sauntering back to her bed slowly, she flopped onto the mattress, blinking down at her panties for a second before staring at the ceiling. Kagome lay there, only listening, studying the shapes of shadows in the dark to pass the time.

What felt like an hour had finally passed and she thought she heard a click next door, followed by soft footsteps. This was affirmed by another soft click further down the hallway where the washroom was.

A smile spread across the young woman's face. She wasn't sure what came over her, and she wasn't sure why such a thing would come to mind at all tonight, but she knew that too much thought would only bring inhibitions. Once she heard the sink run and an eventual opening door she slipped one hand up to her breast, pinching a nipple. Picturing a certain white-haired hanyou with her she teased herself, softly whispering his name when she thought she heard footsteps.

"Inuyasha..." she knew he would hear. Would he stop?

What the hell? Was he being called? Inuyasha was doubtful. But the door was slightly open. About to answer, he made a quiet approach to her bedroom. He halted when a particular scent collided with him hard. Frozen in his steps, his golden eyes widened once they fixated on the sight before him.

There was no way she was calling him. Alone in the middle of her bed lay Kagome, massaging her own breasts. Each time her palm brushed across her nipples her head tipped back just slightly, and a sigh escaped her lips.

He knew he should have left. There was no way he couldn't call himself a lecher if he stayed any longer but the consequences of being caught could not permeate in the same way that the scent of Kagome's arousal had done. God, this was not okay.

She could feel him near. She did not hear any other doors close, and through the crack of her bedroom door an occasional glance registered a soft white shape there; it was surely his hair. Throwing her head to one side as her breathing intensified the young woman thought she caught a glint in his eyes.

"Mm, Inuyasha..." she gasped once more.

...Fuck. She had to have been toying with him. He almost felt inclined to walk away until he noticed more movement. Kagome had risen to her knees now, bowing her head as her thumbs hooked the edges of her panties. The sight was nearly too much to take in as he tried to decide between fixating on her smooth movements and appreciating her breasts at this angle. Taking deeper breaths she slid the panties down to her knees before lying down once more. One leg rose high into the air, allowing the small strip of fabric to snap back around her other leg as her toe escaped. As slowly as it raised it sunk back down to the bed, now bent as Kagome rest her heel on the mattress.

With a dry mouth Inuyasha swallowed, throbbing for her beneath his bathrobe as he fixated on the view between Kagome's thighs. He noticed one hand resuming its place at her breast while her second one brushed down past her abdomen, finally settling at the crux of her legs. He held his breath in anticipation of her next move, jaw frozen open until she acted again.

A slender finger made a swipe between her legs; with an open mouth she exhaled in short breaths and soon she was sliding her fingertip in time along sensitive, moist flesh. The hanyou's name escaped from her lips again, a soft whisper echoing in the room as she looked at the doorway.

Damn her for this! Inuyasha gripped the doorframe tightly, transfixed as Kagome writhed on the bed. His name repeated in the dark as she squirmed, toes seeking leverage in the sheets while her movements became bolder. Finally the need to be filled overtook her and in a fit of sighs two fingers disappeared inside her body. His eyebrows creased as he stared. Everything primal that stirred inside of him urged that he go in there, hold her down, and finish the job. Now she had rolled onto her stomach. Moving onto her knees as her face and shoulders remained pressed into the pillows, the young woman continued. The hanyou, feeling hotter and more frustrated by the minute, was treated to an unobstructed view of Kagome's act. He could hear his own heart pounding, watching her pleasure herself while he remained engrossed behind the door. Her olive skin practically glowed as she shook, moving in a sea of unruly black hair as her scent teased him relentlessly.

She had to know he was there! Was this some kind of lewd invitation? He was shocked at how dirty this was. Kagome moaning for him on her knees appealed to his canine heritage on the basest of levels. To take her from behind as she was right now would be the apex of such carnal desires and for a moment he could practically feel his hands gripping her hips as he crashed into her, biting her shoulders or licking that perfect crease in her back. He'd give her a reason to call his name.

Kagome's cries grew louder, distracting him from his thoughts. Whatever restraints she had on her voice were fading quickly, and her movements increased. Collapsing on her side the young woman finished; her legs tightened and she screamed as she climaxed. She hadn't taken any time to recover when she raised her head and sat up, now looking clearly at Inuyasha. His most pressing question had been answered.

He met her gaze, unsure of what to do. Reality slowly trickled down around them while they tried to recover from this encounter. Soon Kagome realized the extent of what she had done and began trembling, fearful of what it meant and afraid of the kind of woman she was becoming. Though she was almost too ashamed to move she managed to pull a blanket over her chest.

"This," Inuyasha ventured. "This is really what you and I come down to, isn't it? This is... this is the fucking truth about us. Is that what you want me to say? Is that why you put on this little show for me?"

"I'm sorry."

"What do we even fucking do after this?"

"I don't know. I didn't think that far ahead." Suddenly she felt terrible about having to speak to the door. "I just wanted to--"

"To what? Drive me fucking insane?"

"No!" Why wouldn't he come in? It was terrible speaking to him without being able to see his face. "Things are hard right now... I've just been a little tired of lies lately."

At first he replied with a loud sigh. With watery eyes he gripped Kagome's doorknob, taking one step into her room. "Honey. You picked the wrong line of work for that."

She looked at him, slowly lowering the hand that held her blanket close as she studied his troubled face. No wonder why he stayed behind the door. Oh God... I did that to him. She held back her tears-- she had absolutely no right to cry right now! Inuyasha had endured so much while all she ever did was cry, as if things were the roughest for her. "Inuyasha. I'm so sorry..."

"There are some truths that even I'm supposed to ignore, Kagome." With that he left, closing her door behind him.


Notes:

"Wait, what about that preview you posted?"

Oh, that. That's now a Chapter 11 preview. Sorry this chapter's particularly short but I felt like causing some trouble.