Fan Fiction ❯ "Along came the Spider" ❯ The Terrible Trio ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Teen Titans and/or Marvel…but I bet they would hire me for the way I'm writing.
Author's Note: This chapter is a rough draft and will be replaced once CloudsHalo is done checking on it.
 
The Terrible Trio
On the streets of Jump City, the Pizza Parlor is one of the most popular restaurants and hangouts in the entire city. It is built at the intersection of two streets at an acute angle, with a second-story patio that takes advantage of its detail. The structure of the building is triangular that is shaped like a pizza-slice, which truly earned the name for the building; plus, the floor's coloring and the placement of tables makes this entire affair look just like it. The Titans and their new friend, Peter Parker, were sitting around the table holding up menus to decide what toppings to get for their pizza. They had arrived at the Pizza Parlor not too long ago, Beast Boy decided to fly towards the city since Cyborg's T-Car was designed to have room for only five Titans. When they arrived, the Parlor was filled with lots of teenagers, and some adults, inside the building. The place was packed and it appears to be very busy. Cyborg had told Peter that the restaurant makes one of the best pizzas in the whole world, but Peter thinks he is being over exaggerated a little. He also told Peter that the reason the pizza is so great here is because it has something to do with the water that goes into the dough, and Peter might believe him in that theory.
The best hangouts is always a good place to kick back and chill, but right now, Cyborg and Beast Boy are, at this moment, arguing about which choice of topping to get for their pizza.
 
Cyborg: No way, BB! We are NOT getting veggies on our PIZZA!
 
Beast Boy: (Making an angry look and glancing at Cyborg) Well, there is NO WAY that I'm having meat on the PIZZA!
 
Cyborg: (Leaning close to Beast Boy to face him) Well, you don't have to eat if you don't want to. You can just sit there and watch while the rest of us eat!
 
Beast Boy: (Irritated and came face to face with Cyborg) DUDE! That's not fair! Who died and made you decide what to order!
 
Cyborg: I think I like MY meat on MY pizza!
 
Beast Boy: Well, I like MY veggies on MY pizza!
 
 
While the two immature teens are bickering over a choice of toppings, Peter, who was consternate of seeing the two fighting over what to order, sat next to Robin, who was rubbing his forehead in annoyance. Raven is trying to ignore their pointless arguments by reading her book, but the vein on her forehead states that it is starting to get to her, and that is bad sign. Starfire, on the other hand, was trying to make Cyborg and Beast Boy make peace with each other, but soon gave up after a few seconds.
 
Peter: (Glanced at Robin with a questioning look) Do they do this very often?
 
Robin: (Looked up at Peter and responded with a frustrated tone) Most likely, all the time. They argue everyday for the past two years at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I have no idea how it all started, but they can't seem to agree with each other's choice of food.
 
Peter: But, why?
 
Starfire: Well, as you can witness, Beast Boy is a vegetarian which he only desires to eat vegetables, salad, or tofu, but Cyborg prefers to eat meat instead. Then Beast Boy appears to be disgusted of what Cyborg eats and the same for Cyborg, who was also disgusted of what Beast Boy eats. Since then, they have been constantly fighting over what to prepare for the morning of breakfast, the afternoon of lunch, and the night of dinner.
 
Peter: (Surprised) Wait a sec…you mean to tell me that they've been at it for the past two years over something so STUPID that they could easily resolve it in a peaceful manner?
 
Robin and Starfire: (Nodded)
 
Raven: (Intrigued by the comment looked up from her book and took a glance at Peter) Well, looks like I'm not the only one who has the same problem with those two idiots.
 
 
Peter smiled as he just made his first impression on the Goth girl, and then, as he gazed back at the two Titans fighting over something so pointless, this argument was now starting to annoy the rest of the Titans and especially Peter.
As Robin just couldn't take it anymore, he had one thing to do to stop this argument once and for all. It's risky, but it might just work.
 
Robin: Hey, Guys. (Cyborg and Beast Boy still arguing) Hello! (Still arguing) Yo, dudes! (Still arguing) Ok, here it goes. (Whistles loud enough to get their attention)
 
 
The two Titans stopped arguing as they turned their heads to look at Robin with confusing looks on their faces. But they are not the only ones; the rest of the Titans looked up at Robin with confusing looks on their faces also. All of the Titans sit still in silence waiting for their team leader to say something.
 
Robin: (In a serious expression but with a slight smile) How about we let Peter decide what to order? After all, he is our guest. Please let it be something that we all agree on.
 
 
Everyone was now staring at Peter in a long silence that seems like forever, and waiting for him to respond. All of Titan's stares were starting to make Peter very uncomfortable; he knew what Robin was trying to do to make Cyborg and Beast Boy to shut up, but he was too nervous to make a response when he is being placed in a tight spot. Peter finally regained his cool and told them what he likes on the choice of topping.
 
 
Peter: (Clearing his throat and made a nervous chuckle) Uh…how…about…cheese?
 
 
At first, Cyborg and Beast Boy looked at him like he was crazy, but then they started to think about his choice of topping. When's the last time they had regular cheese-pizza to eat. It maybe common, but at least is something they both agree on.
 
 
Cyborg: You know what? Now that I think about it, having cheese is not such a bad idea.
 
Beast Boy: (Rubbing his chin making it seem like he is thinking) Kind of plain, but I agree with Cyborg. Cheese does sound good. (Smiles)
 
 
Peter sigh in relief, he never knew that they would actually agree on Peter's choice of topping. Heck, he never even knew that it would actually work. But, Peter was glad that he can put this ongoing, pointless argument to an end.
Robin, who was also relieved of the outcome, patted Peter on his shoulders as if he was thankful for Peter for making the right choice for everyone to enjoy. As the Titans have decided what to order, Raven turn her head slowly towards Peter, giving him a surprised look. Peter noticed Raven, while placing her hood down, looking at him with that expression and he raised his eyebrow, giving her a curious look.
 
 
Peter: What?
 
Raven: (Still gazing at him with a surprised look) I can't believe it. You actually found a pizza topping that these two idiots can both agree on.
 
Peter: (Laughed a little in shyness while rubbing the backside of his head) Aw, it was nothing. To tell you the truth, I never expected it to actually work.
 
Robin: So, Pete? Tell us about yourself.
 
Peter: (Uncertain) I'm not sure. What can I say about myself?
 
Robin: Anything that pops in your head.
 
Peter: (Rubbing his chin as he is thinking) Well, my name is Peter Benjamin Parker, but I guess you guys already knew that when I first introduced myself. I go to Jump City High School; my favorite subject is science that I have found so fascinated by it ever since my Uncle took me to the first monster movie. So, I studied hard the best I can to have a keen scientific knowledge and be able to conduct my own experiments.
 
Raven: (Made small smile) Let me guess, you want to become a scientist.
 
Peter: (Grinned from her comment) Gee, what gave that away? Anyway, I'm also an honor student; my hobbies are reading, writing, and photography; I definitely LOVE pizza; and I live at Forest Hills with my Aunt and Uncle.
 
Robin: Wow, your Aunt and Uncle must be very proud of you for being an honor student.
 
Peter: Yeah, they are. They're very ecstatic.
 
Robin: So, what about your parents? Are they proud of you also?
 
Peter: (Peter's smile faded into sadness) My…parents died when I was very young.
 
Robin: (Robin winced at that response) I'm truly sorry.
 
Peter: It's okay. You didn't know.
 
Cyborg: (Concerned) How did it happen?
 
Peter: (Sigh) They died in an airplane crash; they say it was an accident. I felt so depressed ever since. I miss them so much.
 
Beast Boy: (Felt sympathy for Peter) Dude, I know what it's like.
 
Peter: (Curious, but still saddened) You do?
 
Beast Boy: (Nodded and feeling depress) My parents died in a boat accident when I was a little kid. I felt the exact same thing. They were `great' parents and I also miss them a lot.
 
Cyborg: (Surprised and concerned) You never told us about that.
 
Beast Boy: (Looked up at Cyborg) I didn't want to bring it up. It was too depressing just thinking about it.
 
Peter: I'm sorry for your loss.
 
Beast Boy: It's okay. Besides, these guys (Referring to the Titans) are as close to a family I'll ever have. (Made a slight smile)
 
Cyborg: Aw, come here, little buddy! (Gave Beast Boy a big, but not so tight, hug)
 
Beast Boy: (Chuckling while being embraced) Okay, Cyborg. Hehe…you can quit now.
 
 
As Beast Boy was struggling to get his mechanical friend off of him, Peter smiled and thinking that his heroes were no different from him. They're just like ordinary teenagers just like Peter, aside from fighting crime and saving people's lives; they have the exact, same problems as every other teenager experienced. Peter was happy that he gets to have a chance to spend the time with his heroes and learn more about them. Peter felt more confident of himself than he ever had before; he was able to opened up to people that consider him a friend. But, why the sudden change? He has never opened up to anyone before, except for his friend, Harry. Peter was always considered an outcast and too shy to talk to anyone, but here he is, telling the Titans about himself and his life. It is not like he doesn't enjoy it, it's just…different.
Suddenly, the struggling embrace between Cyborg and Beast Boy had caused the Green Titan to wave his arms wildly and accidentally knocked Raven's book from her hands. The book soared over the other tables, landed on the floor, and slid under the plastic trash receptacles. The Titans, who witnessed the entire event, turned their heads slowly to gaze at Raven with frighten expression on their faces. Raven, who is now infuriated, made Cyborg and Beast Boy stopped what they were doing and looked at her in fear from her death glare. Even Peter was now afraid of her look.
 
Raven: BEAST BOY! CYBORG!
 
Cyborg and Beast Boy: (Holding up their hands in innocence while showing fear) IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!
 
Peter: (Cautiously getting up from his seat) I'll…get it…for you, if you don't mind?
 
Raven: (Not turning her Death glare off of the two frightened Titans) Thanks, at least one person is polite. (Narrowing her eyes) As for you two…
 
 
Peter needed to get out of there before things get messy. Peter walked towards the rectangular-prism-shaped trash receptacle, but his mind was somewhere else as he got closer to it. Peter never realized how elegant Raven looked; she seems so beautiful in her dark, mysterious ways. Well, she is not as beautiful as Starfire, but still a looker. Her short, violet hair shines so beautifully when a sun light hits it, but her hair is not as exquisite as her violet eyes. And her skin-pale face also seems stunning for Peter; even if Raven is scary looking and seems a little creepy, but Peter has found the beautiful side of the Gothic girl. I guess the reason is that Raven always hides her face under her hooded cloak. Oh great…now Peter has got the hots for the lady of darkness; there's definitely something different about him.
As Peter was still thinking about the sudden change of himself, he kneeled down next to the receptacle and placed his hand in the gap under it. While Peter moved his arms around under the receptacle trying to reach for the book, his mind was still on Raven and why she is being so attractive to him. Trying to find Raven's book, Peter was now getting impatient. Maybe if he could use his other hand to lift up the receptacle slightly so Peter could be able to reach for the book. Peter placed his fingertips on the edge under the receptacle and inch by inch he lifted the receptacle so he can reach deeper under it. Then, Peter's concentration was interrupted when Robin called over to him.
 
 
Robin: Yo, Pete! Our Pizza's here! Get over here before Cyborg and Beast Boy eat them all!
 
Peter: (Startled a little, Peter glance over his shoulder to look at his friends who are about to devour their slices of pizza) Alright! I just need to…AH HA! Got it! Hey, Raven! I got…your…book?
 
 
Peter saw the Titans holding up their slices of pizza closer to their mouths, but they aren't eating any of it. Instead, they just stood still at their tables, mouths gaping open, and staring at Peter with their eyes widened with amazement and fear. Peter gave them a curious look.
 
Peter: Why are you guys staring at me like that?
 
Beast Boy: (Eyes widened with shock) D-Dude. How…how are you…d-doing that?
 
Peter: (Confused) What are you talking about?
 
Starfire: (Pointing her finger at Peter) That!
 
 
Peter gave a questioning look to them and slowly turned his head to the right to see what Starfire was pointing at. Suddenly, Peter's eyes widened in horror as he gaze what he is seeing. On his right hand, he is holding the entire trash receptacle, but the shocking thing about it, is that he is holding it with ease without breaking a sweat. The Titans could not believe what they're seeing; the small size teenage boy that they thought they knew is balancing the receptacle, which may look like it weighs about 80 pounds, without any sign of struggle or even trying. Peter was still gazing at the receptacle with a shocking expression; it felt like he is holding a giant, lightweight Styrofoam with one hand. He turned his gaze toward the Titans as he was standing up and made a nervous chuckle while coming up with a lame, unbelievable excuse.
 
 
Peter: Hehe…well, what you know. This thing is lighter than I thought. Hehe!
 
Robin: (Looking at Peter suspiciously) Peter? Is there something you're not telling us?
 
Peter: (Now being a lot nervous than before and making an upsetting look) Well, you see I…
 
 
Suddenly, the same tingle feeling from the back of his head, which happened earlier during Raven's incident, started to buzz again. It felt like he was sensing something, sensing…danger? Peter turned his head left and right to see what caused his head to buzz like that but couldn't find anything particular. Yet, there was something dangerous close-by and Peter can sense it.
Then, at that moment, a loud explosion can be heard from outside the Pizza Parlor; the Titans turned around to see what caused the explosion. A thick, black smoke can be seen emitting to the air and from the streets below. The Young heroes stood up from their chairs and scurried towards the edge of the building and observed what was happening: two cars were destroyed; one car was flipped over upside down, and the other was a total wreck and catching on fire; plus, the buildings' windows were shattered all over the street. Citizens were running in panic on the streets trying to get away from the chaos, which is a really a smart thing to do. Then, standing near the wreckage and the destruction of the vehicles, were none other than the terrible trio. Robin glared at them as the former students of the HIVE academy continued to make mischief on the streets.
 
 
Robin: (Making an upsetting look and speaking in low cold voice) It's them.
 
Beast Boy: (Made a confused look) But I thought the HIVE academy was shut down for good.
 
Raven: (Placed her hood back over her head) It wouldn't matter for them; they will destroy anything for the fun of it.
 
 
Peter was now curious of who the Titans were talking about as he placed the receptacle, which he was holding, back on the floor where it belongs, and walked towards the edge of the building to see what they were looking at. There, near the wreckage, Peter can see three rather odd-looking individuals that look like they're about Peter's age. The first one that Peter sees is a little, bald-looking kid wearing a green jumpsuit with goggles on his head. Then, standing right next to the little bald kid, there is a creepy-looking girl wearing black and violet clothes; she has pink hair and light skin on her face with two pink blushes on her cheeks. Finally, the last and tallest of the so-called group, is a big, muscular guy wearing black and yellow body suit with red hair and a goatee on his chin. Peter never actually seen these people before and never even heard about them either, but they're probably the enemies of the Titans when Peter saw the way Robin looked at them.
 
 
Peter: (Made a questioning look) So, who're they?
 
Cyborg: (Made a serious look) They were former students of the Hive Academy, which is a school for training super-powered students to become criminals or for world-wide take over, but we shut down their operation along with their Head-Master. After that, we haven't heard from them since then, until now. The small-size punk on the left is Gizmo, the big guy on the right is Mammoth, and the creepy-looking chick in the middle is Jinx. These guys make schoolyard bullies look like chumps.
 
Peter: What are they up to? I doubt that they're here for a slice of pizza with the works, super-size, for only four dollars and ninety-nine cents.
 
Robin: (Still glaring at the terrible trio) I'm not sure what they're up to, but I attend to find out. (Turned to his teammates) Alright Titans, we got to stop them before they cause any more trouble. And Peter, (Turned his attention on Peter) after this is over, we're going to have a talk about your condition that we were SUPPOSE to know about.
 
Peter: (Made a scared look) Gulp!
 
Robin: (Turned around to face their enemies) Lets go!
 
 
Robin, Cyborg, and Beast Boy jumped from the Pizza Parlor building and landed on the streets in front of their enemies while Raven and Starfire flew over their teammates and landed next to them. The Titans stood near the wreckage in front of their assailants and glaring at them for their destructive ways.
The three ex-Hive students looked at them with a bit of satisfaction on their faces. They loved it; every time these three troublemakers start making a racket everywhere they go, they always seem to tick the Titans off. It was priceless.
 
 
Jinx: (Made an evil smirk on her face and placing her hands on her hips) Well it's about time you do-gooders showed up. We were starting to get bored.
 
Robin: (Stepped up from his group) What are you three up to this time?
 
Gizmo: (Made a huge grin while crossing his arms over his chest) That's for us to know and you all not to find out, barf-brains!
 
Jinx: Actually, we're just passing by to see if you Titans are up for the challenge and a fight.
 
Cyborg: (Made a confusing expression) I don't understand we have shut down the Hive Academy and freed you from Brother Blood's power. Why do guys still want to pick a fight with us?
 
Mammoth: (Made a smirk while cracking his knuckles) Because it's fun.
 
Jinx: And besides, our new employer wants to see what you punks are made of.
 
Robin: (Raising an eyebrow with a curious look) New employer? Who is he and what does he want from us!? (Demanding)
 
Jinx: Please, like I'm going to tell you that easily, but you could say he's like a `father' to me. As for what he wants from you, he wants to see if you're all tough enough for whatever his reason. So, basically, this is just a test, nothing personal. Attack pattern, Omega!
 
 
With a purple glow of her eyes and a wave of her hand, Jinx unleashed a gigantic hex-wave to the ground near a foot away from the Titans, causing it to rupture the street to split open under the superpower-team. Before the ground could split any further, Robin was already on full alert.
 
 
Robin: Titans, GO!
 
 
As if on cue, the Titans were able to jump out of the way after the ground was ripped open in half and they began to launch an attack of their own while Gizmo, Mammoth, and Jinx split-up in different directions also, ready to attack. This fight has become a three way battle: Cyborg and Beast Boy faces off against Gizmo, Robin and Starfire will team up against Mammoth, and Raven takes on Jinx, alone. With Peter having front row seats, he gets to see his friends in action once more, but he's going to be in so much trouble with Robin after this battle is over.
 
Peter: (Made a hopeful smile) Hey! Maybe if Robin gets a serious workout, he'll probably forget the whole thing! I hope.
 
Gizmo pressed a button on his chest controller and four mechanical spider-legs sprung up from his backpack that allows him to be carried six feet from the ground and balancing him while towering over Cyborg and Beast Boy. Gizmo took off his controller from his chest and started pushing some buttons as if he was playing a video game so he could be able to control the spider-legs. Using one of his razor-sharp mechanical legs, Gizmo attempted to swipe at the two young heroes, but Cyborg was able to roll out of the way barely dodging it before it took his head off and Beast Boy, transformed into a woodpecker, dodged the attack and flew up towards Gizmo. Beast Boy, as a woodpecker, flew around Gizmo's face.
 
 
Gizmo: (Trying to swat the woodpecker away from his face) Hey! Get away from me, you scrunch-munching bird-brain!
 
 
Beast Boy dodges Gizmo's every attempt to swat him away; after one final swing from Gizmo, Beast Boy flew up and landed on the bald-kid's head. Then, after landing on the top of Gizmo's head, Beast Boy started to peck on it with its beak.
 
 
Gizmo: (Wincing in pain) OW! OW! OW! OW!
 
 
Now being annoyed, Gizmo activated a mechanical claw from his backpack. It, then, lunged toward the green bird and snatched it by its throat. Beast Boy made a small yelp as the mechanical claw started to squeeze hard on his little body trying to suffocate him. Gizmo grinned as he attempted to squeeze the life out of Beast Boy, but it was forced to let go when a blue, energy beam ripped through the joint of the mechanical claw making the claw lose its grip and letting Beast Boy fly away from Gizmo. Gizmo was now getting frustrated and looked down over the direction of where the beam came from. Cyborg, with his Sonic Cannon equipped on his right arm, charged up his Cannon for another round while aiming straight at him.
 
 
Cyborg: (Making a smirk on his face) Hey, Gizmo! Can you say, “Uh-oh?
 
Gizmo: (Eyes widened in fear) Uh-oh.
 
Cyborg: That's what I thought.
 
 
Cyborg fired his Sonic Cannon and another blue, energy beam shot out going straight at Gizmo trying to hit him. Gizmo uses his new, modified spider-legs to jump to the side of the nearby building and clinging to it to dodge the energy beams. Cyborg, with a question mark over his head, kept firing his Sonic Cannon at him repeatedly thinking that Gizmo won't be fast enough to dodge six shots of energy beams; unfortunately, his attempts failed as Gizmo dodge each shot with the spider-leg's great maneuverability and quicken-speed. Gizmo jumped, crawled, and flipped on each side of the building to avoid the energy beams as Cyborg couldn't believe how fast the little twerp can be. Gizmo, whose making an evil smirk, jumped down from the side of the building and landed in front of Cyborg while towering over him.
 
 
Gizmo: (Making an evil grin) Thanks to the new equipment I got from my new boss, I've upgraded my Spider-legs so that they can act on reflex. (A laser weapon appeared on his right shoulder from his backpack) That means you can't hit me, but I can hit you.
 
 
A laser beam shot out from its weapon and exploded on the asphalt of the street almost hitting Cyborg's leg if he had not lifted it up from where the area of the asphalt was hit leaving a small crater. Cyborg looked up at the towering Gizmo with a frightening look on his face.
 
 
Gizmo: Hey, Tin-man! Can you say, “Oh-crud”?
 
Cyborg: (Eyes widened in fear) Oh-boy.
 
Gizmo: Ah, close enough.
 
 
Gizmo fired another round of laser beams repeatedly at Cyborg, who's now running away like crazy trying to dodge the laser blasts that keeps hitting the asphalt an inch away from Cyborg's heel. Cyborg was now being chased by the pint-size runt while almost getting shot at the same time. Gizmo laughed hysterically, but was interrupted by a sticky-liquid substance that splattered all over his face that forced him to halt for a moment to wipe it off of his face.
 
 
Gizmo: (Wiping off the spit-like substance from his face) Hey!
 
 
Gizmo looked at the direction where the spit came from and saw Beast Boy, as a llama, with his lips covered in drool. Then, Beast Boy transformed into a Velociraptor and charged at Gizmo with its ferocious eyes and sharp, chomping teeth. Unfortunately, Gizmo didn't runaway like a scared little baby just like last time; instead, another weapon appeared on his left shoulder and fired a grappling net at the charging Beast Boy. The net connected to Beast Boy and wrapped around all over him in a tight lock.
 
 
Gizmo: (Grinning at his work of art) Not this time, grass-stain!
 
 
Beast Boy tried his effort to get himself free from the net by chewing on it, but to no avail; plus, the net, somehow, prevented Beast Boy to shape-shift anymore or reverting back into his human form. Gizmo looked down at the helpless shape-shifter and started taunting him by pointing his finger and laughing at him. In that moment, Gizmo looked over his shoulder to see Cyborg charging towards him ready to tackle Gizmo down. But Gizmo knew that the metal-head would do something that stupid as he was ready to set his plan into motion. Gizmo's backpack, with a `G' insignia marked on it, slid open and shot out a small circular disk that flew towards Cyborg. The Mechanical-Teen stopped dead in his tracks, but that mistake will cost him dearly. Before realizing his dumb mistake, the disk had already connected to Cyborg's chest and sticks there.
 
 
Cyborg: (Looking at his chest and realized what it is while his eyes widened in fear) Oh no!
 
Gizmo: (Making his usual evil grin) Oh yes! Say goodnight, Chrome Dome.
 
 
Gizmo pressed one of the buttons on his controller that activated an electrical charge from the disk which sends an electrical shock to Cyborg's entire body causing it to systematically shutdown. After the shock treatment that he received, Cyborg fell forward face-flat on the asphalt. Without any sign of movement, Cyborg lay still on the floor while Gizmo contemplates himself on his victory.
On the other side of the battlefield, Robin and Starfire are not fairing well against the genetically enhanced giant. Robin extended his Bo-Staff while charging towards Mammoth. As he leaps up in the air, Robin lifted up his Staff; holding it with both hands as he was ready to strike at his opponent. As he descends towards Mammoth, Robin swung down his Staff with great force in an attempted to hit the giant brute's head to knock him out. But Mammoth got ready for an attack and lifted up his arms to use them as his defense to shield his face as Robin's Staff connected to them. Robin could not believe what just happen, normally his Staff would have hurt Mammoth's arm; even if they are big and muscular, but now his arms felt like they were made out of stone. After the impact, Mammoth pushed Robin away from him by using his defense-arms with great force that made the boy-wonder stumble back on the pavement of the street a little. Robin regained his composer and tried once more to strike Mammoth multiple times with his Staff, but they were only met with Mammoth's huge arms. Robin attempted to thrust his Staff to Mammoth's gut, but the over-sized bully grabbed the Staff before it could make any impact. Robin tried his effort to grasp his Staff away from Mammoth, unfortunately, his weapon wont budge off of the bully's fingers. With a huge smirk, Mammoth swung the Bo-Staff around along with Robin, who's grasping the thing for dear life, and threw him over the other side of the street. Robin landed hard on top of a car causing the roof to dent; Robin got up slowly while groaning in pain. Starfire witness this turn of event with both frightful and worry expressions, then it quickly became anger as she soared straight towards the behemoth as fast as the speeding bullet. As Mammoth brushes the dust off of his hands mockingly, he turned around slightly only to be tackled by an orange blur before he could even decipher who it was. The orange blur tackled Mammoth to a nearby building causing them both to crashing into it as a huge cloud of dust started to erupt. After a few seconds of silence, the same orange blur flew out from the cloud of dust and revealed to be the Tamaranian Princess, Starfire as she hovered over the dust and unleashed her barrage of Star-Bolts repeatedly towards it where she left Mammoth that resulted more explosions causing more dust to erupt. After causing the entire area to be covered in smoke and debris, Starfire stopped her attack and let her powers wind down. As she calmed down a little, Starfire realized what she has done and hopeful that Mammoth didn't suffer any serious damage. But as the dust cleared, Mammoth stepped out from it while holding a huge chunk of debris over his head. Starfire couldn't believe what she is seeing, she was relieved that Mammoth was okay, but her attacks didn't even phased him.
 
Mammoth: Nice try. Now, it's my turn!
 
Mammoth made a small smirk before throwing the debris at Starfire with great force that soared straight at her in a quick speed. Fortunately, Starfire manage to dodge out of the way in time before it could hit her, but that gave Mammoth enough time to jump high over her and delivered a double axe on her head that sent her plummeting straight down to the street and crash-landed hard on the pavement creating a small crater. Inside the crater, Starfire is laying flat on her back and was knocked out unconscious as Mammoth landed a few feet from her and looked down upon her with an evil grin on his face.
As the battle is almost come to an end, Peter is both surprised and worried that his friends are being beaten senseless and thrown around like rag dolls. Who ever these three are, they seem a lot more skilled and powerful than the Titans. Cyborg and Beast Boy are down from the count, and Robin and Starfire are getting thrash. Peter took his gaze at the other side of the battle field and sees Raven fighting against the pink headed girl named Jinx as she unleashed one of her hexes at Raven, which she blocked it with her projected force field. Raven then uses her telekinetic powers to pick up several car parts that were destroyed and threw them at Jinx. But she out maneuvered each one by back flipping and side stepping out of the way and launched herself at Raven with a flying kick. Raven quickly retaliates by forming a small barrier in front of herself as she took a step backward. Then Jinx comes at her with a spinning kick with great force, which connected to Raven's face that hurls her down the street. She skidded to a stop and quickly got up before Jinx could land her foot on Raven's face. Realizing that she missed, Jinx quickly made an attempt to backhand her opponent, but found Raven levitating above her. Raven launches herself downward for a flying kick as Jinx throws up her arms to block and is driven backward by Raven's flurry of attacks. Finally, Jinx gets clear by back-flipping away from Raven's rapid kicks, then stops and fixes a glowing stare on her to summon her hex magic. On the sidewalk, where Raven is hovering over, a fire hydrant is surrounded by a ring of pink fire that flares up briefly before disappearing; suddenly, the nozzle starts to turn by itself that causes the cap to break off releasing a large torrent of water that shoots straight up towards Raven. Before Raven could realize what was coming at her, she was engulfed by heavy water that hurls her to the side of a building. She stopped being forced to be driven back as she hit the wall of a nearby building and fell face flat on the floor, then the water disappears. Raven laid on the floor trying to get up while groaning in pain, but to no avail. Over on the other side of the street, Jinx was laughing and contemplating herself on her victory as she walked over towards Raven.
 
 
Jinx: Looks like it isn't your lucky day, is it?
 
 
On the balcony of the Pizza Parlor, Peter is seeing what is happening to Raven and he needs to do something to help, but what could he do? His friends are skilled and have superpowers, and he is just an ordinary boy; Peter doesn't have any superpowers of his own, except… Peter looked at the place on his hand where the Spider had bitten him, and remembered the things that happened to him in the earlier events; his eyesight coming back, his body now muscular, his fingers sticking on a blanket, the webbing, his new discovered senses, his increased speed, and his increased strength. They're not just freaky changes or signs of sickness, they were his new…gifts. Maybe he can help them, but how? He wasn't trained for this and he can't fight; Peter doesn't even know how to fight, but he has to try, for his friends' sake.
 
 
Peter: (Narrowing his eyes) Well, Pete, I guess you have to make it up as you go.