Samurai Deeper Kyo Fan Fiction ❯ Tricks of the Trade ❯ Chapter One - A Poorly Contrived Excuse to See Kyo Tied Up ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Tricks of the Trade
By Hitomi Brighteyes
Part 1 of 3, Lime
Summary: As a bounty huntress, Yuya knows how to use her assets to get what she wants. And after a mishap has Kyo experiencing her skills first hand, he decides he no longer approves of her profession.

*Warning: Contains scenes of a touchy feely nature, bondage (kinda), and Kyo being himself*

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Chapter One - A Poorly Contrived Excuse to See Kyo Tied Up

Peeking lazily through her lashes at the midday sun, Yuya sighed and hitched up her kimono a little higher.

True there were some disadvantages to being a female bounty hunter, but she considered her feminism to be one of her strong points. As disparaging as certain foul-mouthed, red-eyed hitokiri could be about a girl's looks Yuya had no doubt that her young, spry, and, as she thought personally, downright sexy bod was appealing to the greater proportion of the male population. Hell, her profession had come to depend on it.

Despite what the other travelers of their little hoopla may have assumed, she wasn’t nearly as naive as they thought she was. Because of Yuya’s newfound affinity with a certain medicine chest, they had a tendency to forget that she had been a bounty huntress first and foremost. Flaunting one’s sex appeal was just another trick of the trade.

And it was with that seasoned attitude of professionalism that the bounty huntress had set out that morning. Leaving the sake swilling slackers back at the inn while she took care of a little business. She had it one good authority that there was a bandit stalking the western roads, preying on hapless women in the area, and one thousand shiny ryo said his ass was hers.

Time and experience in her career had helped Yuya hammer out the complexities of bounty hunting into a simple equation - a little bit of leg here, plus a hint of cleavage there, and, voila, an instant lure for catching the unwary male criminal.

Trick number two in Yuya’s arsenal was the helpless maiden routine. A little ‘woe is me’ act did wonders for maneuvering a mark into position, and, on a day as lovely as this one, it was her preferred method of baiting a trap.

To the random observer the bounty huntress would be the perfect victim; a helpless female traveler seated in the shade of a pine, all alone by the roadside, suffering from some poor, maidenly trifle.

Of course, in truth, this female was anything but helpless.

Under the innocent surface lurked the dangerously devious nature of a vixen, all claws, tooth, and cunning. Her trademark tri-barrel pistol was locked and loaded; tucked in its usual spot in her obi. Extra ammo and a set of thin throwing knives formed her backup, and were hidden in numerous easy access spot on her body. Even the seemingly random location had been a deliberate move on Yuya’s part as she skillfully positioned herself several feet off of the road, dictating the path her chosen prey was going to have to travel to try and get to her.

And, as was the mark of any good hunter, the bait came equipped with a particularly nasty trap.

Crisscrossing under the mast and dirt of the road before her was a series of spring traps guaranteed to sweep her target off his feet and have him gift wrapped for her convenience. It was a method of capture so tried and true that Yuya had nothing but the utmost confidence that she’d be able to subdue the perverted highway stalker.

...This was assuming that her target sauntered by sometime in the next century.

Another sigh snuck past her carefully sculpted facade.

The downside of using this method of hunting was it had a tendency to be completely hit or miss. She'd either haul in a bounty or come back empty handed. What choice she had in the matter, however, was void. With this region as peaceful as it was, there were really no other serious bounties to be had; and, thanks to her oh so considerate compatriots, Yuya was currently hurting for the money.

An angry huff.

Seriously, it was only dumb luck that Kyo had decided to stay an extra day at the inn in the first place. With the whole lot of them freeloading off of her purse! Contrary to popular belief the bounty huntress was not made of money. Honestly! Rooms, board, and sake. How did they expect her to continue paying for all their expenses?!

And to make things worse, every time she did make a little bit of extra cash, that selfish, pigheaded, bastard of a hitokiri had made it a habit to pilfer her wallet!

Realizing that her current 'scowl of intended doom' was bad for business, Yuya had to forcefully stop her train of thought and focus on more pleasant things.

Happy thoughts, like giving Kyo a more intimate knowledge of the business end of her flintlock.

Quickly hiding the smirk fueled by the fantasy, Yuya shifted her attention back towards her surroundings. Emerald eyes made a quick survey of the breadth of the roadway before turning upwards. Tipping her face towards the sky to catch a few more warming rays of sunshine which filtered through the treetops, she resettled herself for the inescapable wait.

Unfortunately for the bounty huntress, her luck appeared to have hit rock bottom.

Hours passed and the road remained as devoid of life as ever. The sun moved seamlessly from zenith to evening horizon without even the genuine traveler to break up the monotony. A yawn of boredom escaped the bounty huntress and, unable to help herself, Yuya broke her position. Covering her gaping mouth politely in an ingrained act of femininity while the other arm reached skyward waving about in a haphazard stretch.

...damn it...

Eyes closing in exasperation, Yuya slouched back against the tree. It was only what remained of her professionalism that kept her from beating her head in abstract rhythm against the wooden surface. So much for that ‘insider information’ bull the local authorities had fed her. At this rate she doubted that the bounty was even still haunting this road. With the lack of travelers, he’d probably relocated to a more lucrative location, damn bastard.

No bounty, meant no cash. Which meant she not going to be able to afford anything in the near future. Which in turn meant that unless she wanted to have completely wasted her day here, she was going to have to give last ditch attempt and go out actively hunting the guy down before it got dark.

The whole skull against tree thing was looking better by the second.

Enwrapped the throes of her failing patience, it took the bounty huntress a couple movements to register the subtle shift in her surroundings. Her skin abruptly pickling at some unknown foreboding as the hum of wildlife shushed to an unnatural silence. In the lull the bounty huntress’ straining hearing fixated on a most welcome sound.

Footsteps. It was the quiet scuffing sound made by sandals against dirt. Volume softly increasing as the steps slowly approached from down the road.

Habits ingrained through long hours of practice kicked in. Freezing her position, Yuya remained as she was, slumped against the tree. Feigning sleep as she kept her breathing deep and slow, her face free from expression.

Just under the surface, bounty huntress was poised. Mentally retracing over the locations and stock of her weaponry as she calculated the quickest way to her flintlock. Her muscles held tensed, readying for the moment she would need to strike. Closed eyes made for a more attentive ear, heightening her audile perception, and enabled her to pinpoint her guest’s location

Moving just around the upper bend, the target turned to walk down her stretch of road. A slight pause, a break in the rhythm of the footsteps, and she knew she’d been spotted. With increasing speed, they neared.

50 feet

30.

10.

As the target slowed, walking unknowingly deeper into the bounty huntress’ elaborate trap, Yuya allowed herself a brief moment of sadistic satisfaction. Her eyes slit open ever so slowly while she prepared herself, ready to fire three subduing bullets on particularly painful locations of the mark's body.

That is, until her ‘victim’ spoke.

“Woman, what in all the layers of Hell do you think you’re doing.”

Snapping to attention, Yuya’s head whipped up to see all too familiar crimson eyes and accompanying sneer. Senses flaring in alarm, hands that had been poised for weapons moved to warn "Wait don’t-"

Snap.

Even as she began to ward off the hitokiri, it was all ready too late. The ‘twang’ of taut rope sounded in a precise series of snaps as her trap sprang into action. The coils of rope moved at an impressive speed as physics and female ingenuity came together flawlessly.

It was all over in a matter of seconds.

Kyo, the Demon-Eyed killer of a thousand men and general all around bad ass, hung upside down, trussed up from his ankles to his abdomen. His body still swinging slightly back and forth from the momentum of the rope.

"Damn..." Momentarily stunned, the bounty huntress blinked once, twice at the sight before her.

Well, what do you know, there was such a thing as karma.

While his abnormal speed had enabled Kyo to pull one of his arms up and out of the way away; the instinctive lunge for his sword had worked against him as Yuya’s ropes wound around his middle trapping his hand, blade and all. Without his beloved muramasa, the hitokiri was stuck, unable to cut himself free from the encompassing ropes. His mouth, however, was a completely different story as Kyo let loose a stream of curses that would have had Yuya impressed with his creativity were they not aimed at her person.

Her capture summed his feelings up in three simple words. "What. The. Hell."

Yuya bit her lip, firmly reminding herself that it was wrong to laugh at another person's misfortune. Her conviction unfortunately did nothing to hide the blatant amusement creeping around the edges of her lips.

“You stepped into my trap.” Her voice held more than a touch of incredulity.

“Just get me the fuck down this instant.” Kyo was not happy. After a momentary struggle, the hitokiri discovered that, even with one of his arms free, the rope was too strong for him to break himself. And, upon the realization that Yuya was not immediately heeding his order to cut him down, crimson eyes turned to glare threateningly at the woman from behind bangs made all the more unruly by his gravity defying position. Watching her shoulders shake slightly with pent up laughter, the glare deepened further. An angry growl rising in his chest at the blatant sign of disrespect, he barked out. “Why the Hell did you build this damn thing in the first place?”

Laughter quickly fading, the bounty huntress frowned. With the way that complex things like weight ratio and rope tension worked out, Kyo hung with his eyes only a little bit higher with her own. But damn if Yuya didn’t once again find herself under that condescending sneer.

Gritting her teeth at his bad attitude, she returned the red eyed glare evenly. Stepping forward, she absently pat herself down for a knife or other such sharp, pointy object so she could cut the ropes and hopefully dump the stupid ass on his head. Dumb jerk had no right to get all pissy with her because he'd managed to walk into her trap.

“I don’t know. Why do you think I built-” The bounty huntress’ scathingly sarcastic reply was cut short when she hastily realized where his eyes were trailing. "Argh! Stop looking down my kimono, you bastard!"

Only too late in remembering the alterations she’d made to her kimono in order to suit her hunting, Yuya hid her embarrassment under righteous anger. She hastily shoved the haphazard garment back into its proper position before retraining her glare on the dangling hitokiri.

"You look like a fucking whore."

"I'm supposed to!" She shot back, feeling vaguely smug when the assuredness of her response actually made her captive pause. Exasperation fueled her tongue as she asked, "were you listening to me at all this morning when I said I was going out to see if there were any bounties up for grabs?"

"Was I supposed to listen?“ His tone was curt and dismissive. “I simply assumed you were spouting off, as usual."

Perhaps if she hadn’t been so irritated, the bounty huntress may have seen the other emotion lurking just behind the hitokiri’s eyes. One that took his words and coated them with a more intense displeasure than his position alone could account for. As it was, the bounty huntress mistook the increasing surliness as a by product of all the extra blood rushing to the man’s atrophied brain.

“Then, why did you even bother to come find me?”

“I keep track of my property.” Though the arrogant tilt to Kyo’s head was really better suited to one standing on the ground it got the message across well enough.

“Property?!” Yuya’s voice was a pitch higher than necessary, strained, and disbelieving. Even upside down Kyo retained that apathetic, arrogant air that set her temper on edge. Her gun hand twitched and it took all of her willpower not to shoot the immobilized hitokiri.

Kyo gave a snort of contempt. “The last thing I want to do is have to save your sorry ass from whatever mess you bring upon yourself.“

Thank the gods she had known better than to actually believe he’d been worried about anyone other than himself. Her exhale transformed into an irritated hiss between clenched teeth.

“Now look here, jackass,” the words were spoken with slow enunciation, signifying the nearing explosion of Yuya’s lethal temper. It wasn't everyday Kyo was in a position where he had to listen to her rants. And she’d be damned if she wasn’t going to take the chance while she had it. ”I had everything completely under control before you came along. I’m a bounty hunter, remember? This,” she waved a hand around, gesturing to the road and trap, “is what I do to make a living. Or did you forget who pays all the expenses?!“

Of course she’d apparently forgotten to add the ‘caring’ factor in the complex anomaly that was Kyo. Unmoved by her speech, he sneered, speaking with a disdainful venom. “Even a useless woman can pander by the side of the road.“

Useless. The maliciousness of the hitokiri’s comeback was unexpected and hurt more than Yuya would admit. She was the first to acknowledge that she wasn’t the strongest of their group, but she was not useless. Anger formed a dangerous fizz along the edges of her senses burning hot and leaving her extremities fairly trembling with pent up emotion. The expected outburst, however, never came. Instead, taking a deep, if shaky, breath to calm her nerves, Yuya met his gaze flatly. “Screw you.”

And then, she turned away, fully intending to leave Kyo’s ass hanging in the middle of nowhere until she found it in her good graces to let him down.

“Don’t you dare.”

She countered his threat with an even stare over her shoulder. Slowly, deliberately, she placed her hands on her hips in an act of open defiance of his unspoken demand. "Why? Give me one, damn good reason I should let you down."

“Here’s your damn reason,” Kyo growled, his eyes flashing darkly. “If you don’t let me down I’m going to-”

“You arrogant bastard!” While a distantly Yuya realized that she should have predicted his reaction, for the most part she was utterly flabbergasted that the man couldn’t say one polite thing to her. Flat out ignoring Kyo’s scare tactics, she flippantly cut the man off with a rather rude hand gesture. Then, having properly succeeded in getting the hitokiri to stuff it, she gave him her haughtiest look. "You just can’t stand the fact that this ‘useless’ woman has you completely her mercy, can you Onime no Kyo?"

Only in hindsight would she realize the dangers of saying such things while within arms reach of the trappee.

Almost instantly, Kyo’s free arm snaked out, wrapping around her shoulders as he jerked her back towards him. Stumbling, and nearly losing her balance in the process, Yuya opened her mouth to protest only to stop as Kyo’s hand slid loosely over her neck. Strong fingers wrapped around her chin, tilting her head back and forcing her up to the tips of her toes. The motion narrowed the margin between them until they were a mere hairbreadth apart, the angered heaviness of his breathing came as repetitious puffs against her lips.

Kyo’s expression fully succeeded in wiping the cocky look off of the bounty huntress’ face as his voice dropped to a low rumble. "Just who is at the mercy of whom?"

And with that, her lips were pulled up to meet his in a harsh kiss.

At the unexpected direction of his attack, Yuya’s temper, and a large portion of her other mental facilities, abruptly failed. The seething protest she’d readied for the rough treatment died a muffled, wordless gasp of confusion. Her mind only distantly registering the insistent press of Kyo’s mouth over her yet rigid form.

It didn’t take long though before her fighting instinct came back to her tenfold. Rocking on the balls of her feet, she attempted to pull away. Her arms came up with the intent to knock the bastard hitokiri’s hand away.

Or, at least that was what she attempted to do.

Her moment of defiance was cut short as Kyo put a quick end to her struggling. His hand tightened around the curve of her jaw, and he sharply tipped her face higher. In the ensuing lurch that followed, Kyo took advantage of her skewed equilibrium. Thrusting his tongue past her unconsciously parted lips, he made a slow, sensuous sweep of her mouth.

As Kyo forcefully deepened the kiss, surprise made Yuya’s newly regained balance threaten to slip again. And, when his tactics changed to include a teasingly slide of his tongue over hers, the bounty huntress’ legs threatened to give out for an all together different reason.

She should have slapped him, bit him, done something. The sting from being called useless was still fresh in the bounty huntress’ mind. However, as the rhythmic motions of Kyo’s upside down kiss led a contradictory zing of pleasure to curl around her senses, Yuya found herself hard pressed to hold onto her anger.

Kyo’s thumb moved in a partial caress against the side of her cheek, and it was only a matter of time before the bounty huntress became a lost cause.

When he felt Yuya finally begin relax under the press of his mouth, Kyo’s attentions shifted. Confident that he would no longer need to hold her in position against him, Kyo loosened his tight hold on her chin. Calloused fingers, roughened by years of swordplay, brushed down the length of her neck, tracing the line were fabric met skin with cocky assuredness.

Even the simplest touch of the hitokiri’s hand was seemingly able to induce a level of sensitivity in Yuya’s skin that she hadn’t known she was possible. Suddenly, she felt everything. Hyper-aware of the hand on her body, the bounty huntress was awash in the abrupt thrill of anticipation, intently following the path of heat lingering over her skin.

His fingers dipped in the hollow of her throat, flattened out along her collar bone, and continued down purposefully between her covered breasts. Until his hand came to rest over her chest, hoovering just long enough to draw an involuntary shiver from the woman below him.

Whether she was aware of it or not, it was Yuya who closed the distance. Leaning closer into Kyo's touch as her eyes fluttered closed. Her mouth moved of its own accord as her tongue hesitantly met his earlier taunts stroke for stroke.

At her tentative response, Kyo’s actions turned predatory. Grinning triumphantly into their kiss, his hand moved abruptly under the folds of her kimono. Taking pleasure when the flesh under his hand jumped at the suddenly intrusive touch, Kyo had no qualms about cupping the bare curves of her breasts. While his hand made a quick exploration the inner sanctum of skin hidden under her clothes

It was that blatant groping that triggered enough warning to the bounty huntress' over-stimulated brain to send her eyes snapping open.

Breaking their kiss with a gasp Yuya jerked away, and would have taken a step back had it not been for the sudden grasp Kyo had on her kimono front. Pulling her sharply back towards him, his tongue flicked in a deliberate tease over her kiss swollen lips before dropping her so abruptly that the bounty huntress very nearly fell on her rear end.

With the new perspective, she could see a wide, satisfied smirk curling at the edge of his lips. Smug superiority practically oozed from the man's pores as he twirled a familiar bit of metal in his fingers for her to see. Realization dawned with all the subtlety of a bullet to the brain.

He’d felt her up...all so he could get at one of her throwing knives?!

Her intellect returned with growing mortification as she watched the hitokiri purposefully twist around, and calmly fling the collected knife upwards to slice his tether in one precise movement. The rope slacked instantly and despite the awkward weight of his lingering restraints, Kyo was able to right himself mid-fall landing solidly, if gracelessly, onto the ground.

The hitokiri brushed himself off nonchalantly. His eyes turned to lock with hers, and in the red gaze there was a viciously, victorious gleam that Yuya doubted would bode well for her. Particularly when his smirk gained a wicked curve as he found whatever he'd been looking for in her eyes.

“Useless wench.”

It was the repetition of that damn word that was the last straw in braking Yuya from her stasis. A furious flurry of cuss words signified the return of her voice. While she stumbled backwards in a hasty attempt to put some much needed space between her and the hitokiri.

“What the hell was that?!” Yuya half-screeched, scrubbing her mouth vigorously with the back of her hand as if the gesture could remove the intoxicating headiness induced by the hitokiri’s touch. The bright red staining her cheeks may have blunted the vehemence of her indignant shriek, but she was pissed, no doubt about it.

“Your guard is terrible.” It was the work of a few seconds for Kyo to dispense with the knots of ropes that still loosely looped around his ankles. The remnants of Yuya's trap were kicked out of his way with an expression of disdain that Kyo usually reserved for soon to be inanimate objects. Transferring his full attention back to the woman, Kyo's lip curled up in a sneer. “Pathetic, especially for someone who likes to play at bounty hunting.”

“Ooh, I hate you.” Yuya’s seethed, hands fisting angrily. Feeling violated, for more reasons than she could count, she crossed her arms protectively of herself. Tipping her chin up in an attempt to regain lost pride, she flipped her hair back contemptuously before making every effort to ignore the bastard hitokiri's smug attitude. “I should have expected you’d be a pervert just like Kyoshiro.”

Without thinking she let the insult roll off her tongue in a venomous mutter. But as soon as the words had left her mouth, she wished to the gods she could take them back.

There was a tangible chill in the air as all traces of Kyo's moderate amiability vanished. The eyes that had been famed as demonic, bled a violent crimson that had him looking every inch the killer that he was. His hand clenched over the hilt of his muramasa and it took no stretch of the imagination to imagine him putting that sword to use. "I know I've warned you about ever referring to me in the same terms as that bastard."

Yuya forced herself to meet his rage face on. She had yet to run from the hitokiri and, despite any misgivings her palpitating heart may have led her to believe, she was not make a habit of it now.

I'm the pervert? And just how far were you planning to go to go for the sake of catching a bounty, hmm?” While the words were said almost casually, the stiff hold of Kyo’s body spoke differently - retribution. Intimidation was a technic Kyo had long since mastered and he used it now, rounding on the bounty huntress with an expression so vicious that she stumbled, legs giving out beneath her and landing her hard on the ground as he leaned threateningly over her. "How many have you fucked into submission? Go on, explain it to me."

"How dare you even suggest such a thing." Yuya turned white with rage, blood welling up from her palms from were she clenched her fists too hard. "I am not some kind of prostitute!"

His eyes narrowed and she could feel him analyzing her, checking the validity of her claim; the height he had on her made all the more imposing, due to her position. He gave a derisive snort. “We’ll have to see, now won't we.”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Coming up Next - Kyo's brooding, Yuya's proof, and enough sexual tension to wipe out a small nunnery

Read, review, enjoy