Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Sacrifice ❯ Chapter 1

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Title: Sacrifice

Inspired by shinchansgirl's FMA drabbles:

Edward looked over at the unoccupied bed next to his. The room was growing dark with the fading glow of evening falling over the little inn. He didn't bother to get up and turn on a light. He was pretty sure Al wouldn't be coming back tonight.

He's probably in Winry's room right now, telling her what a jerk I am.

Ed stared up at the ceiling, his automail arm resting above his head on the pillow.

He always pushed their arguments too far and ended up saying things he didn't mean and quickly regretted. He wasn't mad at his brother. Al didn't deserve those harsh words. The anger tearing him up inside was aimed at himself, not his brother. Al just got too close sometimes, and Edward couldn't restrain himself in time.

Now he felt even worse. Al was the last person he wanted to hurt, but he seemed to be doing it a lot lately.

"Who asked you to tag along on this? And you dragged Winry with us as well! All you two did was get in the way. I can do my missions on my own! Do you think putting yourself at risk helps me?"

"… I was just trying to protect you…"

"Well that's MY job! I'm the older brother, and you're the younger brother. I'm supposed to protect you! So stop hovering over me and acting like you're my mother!"

He should get up and go look for Al. Leaving it like this was…

"Ed?"

A beam of light from the hallway crept into the room from the open door, vanishing as soon as she closed it behind her. He sat up in bed, his bare chest exposed, as the sheet pooled in his lap. The mix of metal and flesh drew an appraising gaze. He watched her approach.

"Winry," he uttered, slightly surprised. Maybe he should have expected this. She never could stand it when they fought.

"You're all alone," she whispered, taking a seat on the edge of his bed. "Even when he's with you, you feel that way, don't you? Is that why you pushed him away? Because he's a constant reminder of what you lost?"

Edward didn't know how to respond to the question. He wasn't sure what she was asking, because she couldn't possibly know how he felt. He'd misinterpreted or…

"It must be very lonely," she softly deemed, reaching out to place a cool hand on his chest, "in here."

A twinge of pain welled up inside him beneath her palm. He shrank back enough to avoid her touch, but his heart still ached anyway.

"Look, I don't need any lectures, okay? I'll go apologize to Al and…"

Her hand was back again, pushing him down. "We're not through," she declared, sounding more like the pushy, tenacious blonde he was used to.

"You were hard with him."

He frowned at that, rubbing his hand over his head as he stared up at her. "Yeah, I guess I was," he agreed.

Winry placed her hands on his shoulders, peering down at his rueful expression. "I want you to be hard with me now."

It took him a moment to fully grasp what she'd said. It didn't register. But when one of her hands slipped down his body and under the covers, raking fingernails lightly against the crotch of his pants, he caught on. He didn't understand it, but he bit his lip and let out a moan nonetheless.

"Winry," he groaned, attempting to roll out of her reach. His shoulder was still pinned though, and she stopped teasing him long enough to pull back the covers and straddle his prone body.

"Do you want me to leave? Would you rather be alone? All alone with only that constant weight of guilt to keep you company. Is that what you want?"
Her hand was back, slipping into his trousers now, making him shiver as her cool fingers ran over his warm flesh. The sensation aroused him. Winry aroused him. He'd never given into his feelings for her like this before, though.

His fingers wrapped around the wrist at his shoulder, still focused on her other hand in his pants. "I don't want you to go," he breathed. It might have sounded desperate and pathetic, like he was on the verge of tears, but he didn't care. "I want…" He wasn't sure what to ask for. A fingertip brushed the head of his swelling organ. He didn't have the right to ask for anything, but… "I want this."

She smiled, drawing her arm from his grip. "I can tell."

He was breathing a bit faster now, his blood pounding, making him twitch against the fabric of his pants. She moved off the bed, helping him sit up, and knelt on the floor to strip him of the rest of his clothing.

He watched in surreal awe as she dipped her head between his thighs, and licked at the tip of his erection. His shock blended with pleasure. Winry’s tongue on him was beyond anything he had imagined before. Ed was fairly sure he'd never made a sound like that before, but he repeated it when her moist lips slipped around him.

"Nng… you… ahh… don't have to… nmm…" he sputtered, gripping the edge of the mattress with his natural hand, afraid he'd cause too much damage with the automail.

Somewhere in his head, he knew this was all a dream. He'd wake up in the morning with an embarrassing wet spot soaked through his pants, and probably into the sheets as well. But right now he didn't care.

His fingers uncurled from the mattress and twirled into the silky blonde hair rising and falling over his lap. The dangling strands tickled his flesh leg, adding to the tingling sensations already pulsing through him. He'd never felt such heat and wetness around him, never knew it could feel so good. Any pleasure he'd allowed himself in the past had never come close to this. But then he'd always been alone.

"Don't want… to be… alone…" he whispered.

She smiled up at him, her mouth full. There was a look in her eyes, something he assumed was empathy, but his perception changed as he lingered on it.

A knock at the door made him jolt, but hands on the skin of his thighs kept him from moving. The gaze peering up at him remained fixed, and warning now. A tongue slid roughly up the underside of his cock and he held back a grunt.

Of all the times for Al to come back!

And then he heard it, on the other side of the door, the soft, inquiring, sweet voice he knew so well. "Ed? Are you asleep?"

Gold eyes went wide, staring at the girl between his legs, his cock still buried in her mouth. The smile on those lips was a bit more sinister now as they withdrew, leaving him still throbbing with need.

He swallowed hard, his stomach churning.

Outside his room, Winry gave another knock on the door. Ed turned to it warily, but a hand on his chin drew his attention back to the Winry standing over him.

"It's okay," she whispered close to his ear. "I locked it when I came in. We just need to be…"

Edward was tipped back onto the bed, his natural leg hauled up against her shoulder.

"… very quiet," she finished, leaning into him.

He wanted to cry out as he felt the sudden intrusion. He reached up, trying to push Winry away. But this wasn't his Winry. He was pretty sure his Winry didn't have a penis, and wasn't taking sadistic joy in fucking his ass with it at the moment.

"Shh," she whispered, catching hold of his arms and holding him down. He let her, while something like a sob made his chest heave. "Be good, and I'll give you a reward…"

The penetrating pressure continued inside of him, each thrust less painful than the last. As the dream turned into a nightmare, he surrendered to it, clinging to the shifting charade as a hand wound around his soft cock, bringing it back to full aching arousal.

He could hear footsteps retreating outside, and a tear slipped from the corner of his eye as he turned his head to stare at the door. Hot breath over his ear made him tremble.

Between the thrusting and panting, and that hand jerking him harder and faster, he heard her voice, reassuring him. "You're not alone, Fullmetal. I'm here. I'll never leave you alone."

He came at that sick promise, spilling his seed over those soft fingers, his body clenching around the homunculus inside him, bringing the sin off as well.

She collapsed on top of him, blonde hair splaying over his face. For a little while they remained together like that, catching their breath, still indulging in the physical high of release.

Ed finally moved first, pulling himself away and out from under her… him. "Get out," he growled in a heavy breath, both fury and nausea overtaking him.

Her lips spread into a cocky grin. "But I haven't given you your reward yet."

With a quick movement, Edward's automail arm became a skewering weapon, the sharp point swinging at his foe, causing the creature to leap from the bed. Ed followed, legs a bit wobbly. His arm shot out, striking a mere inch from her face. "I don't want anything from you… Envy," he snarled.

Winry's form wavered, shrinking, changing, until the figure standing before him shifted into one he hadn't seen in years, one he would never truly see again.

"Are you sure, brother?"

Al's voice echoed through the room. Not the hollow metallic pitch Ed was used to, but the faint, soothing pitch of his flesh and blood little brother. He looked a bit younger than the last time Ed had seen him this... alive. It tore at his heart. Through watery eyes he studied the boy in front of him with meticulous care, remembering features he'd nearly forgotten himself.

His automail arm dropped back into its original form and he reached out with his own hand, tenderly petting the side of the child's head. "How…" he whispered, amazement and agony in his tone.

"Winry had pictures. I thought you might enjoy something a little more real, for once. Something you can wrap your arms around…"

Edward stepped back, withdrawing from the boy as if he'd been burned. He brought his hands together to create an array. "You disgusting…"

"Brother wait!" he quickly spoke up. "I didn't mean it like that," he assured, "I swear! I just thought you might want me to stay and keep you company. Wouldn't that be better than being all by yourself?"

Ed wasn't sure what to believe. Envy liked to torture him. But seeing Al like this again could be worth whatever torture Envy dished out. "Maybe… just for a little while…"

Al smiled, his eyes shining the way they used to whenever he got his way when they were younger. He wandered over to the clean, unoccupied bed, and once Ed had redressed in his discarded pants, he crawled into it as well, wrapping an arm around his little brother in a protective, loving gesture.

It didn't seem to matter that this wasn't the original, that it wasn't really Alphonse curled up beside him. For the first time in a long time, Edward Elric didn't feel so lonely. Tired, dirty, sore, and dangerously close to losing his sanity, but not lonely.

"I'll never leave you alone, brother," Envy whispered that promise again.

The sentiment sounded less ominous and threatening in Al's tender, boyish tone.

Edward drifted off with those words swirling around in his head, still wondering what in the hell he was getting himself into.