InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Taming Blood ❯ Machiavellian Machinations ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

AN and Story Summary:
 
First, a very clear idea as to the origin and future of this little fic. To begin with, it was first conceived at 2:45am after an earlier evening whose dinner consisted of a tall boy Rockstar energy drink and roughly 10 chocolate chip cookies (meal of champions I know). I basically woke up and thought, hmm, I should explore this possibility. The `this possibility' being the fic you are about to read if you are still interested in such after hearing a bit more about it. I lay in bed for about 20 min thinking about the damn thing, resisting the urge to get out of bed to do write for several reasons. First, I had work the next day and getting up at that hour to write was going to make me a very tired and cranky person the next day. Second, I was in the midst of writing two other stories at the moment and getting into another didn't sound like a good idea in the least. And finally, it was 2:45am for crying out loud! When your Jack Russell's don't get out of bed because it's too early, then you have a pretty good idea that you shouldn't either.
 
But obviously, as evidenced by the words you are reading right now, I did not listen to any of those all fantastic reasons to stay in bed and foolishly got out to do just what I oughtn't to do. So, on to a discussion of the plot for this story (or lack thereof). Naraku, in all his villainous glory, thinks of another diabolical, if not very effective demise for the Inuyasha gang. He goes about this by `somehow', never mind the ridiculousness of his methods, turning Kagome into a temporary, full blooded youkai and lets her go to run amuck. Since she's just a human, she has no idea how to control herself, goes all red eyed, and starts killing everything in sight. A lot like when Inuyasha loses himself to his youkai blood that Tetsaiga keeps under control in the series.
 
Now, none of the Inuyasha gang has the ability to control her so that's where Sesshoumaru comes in. He's helped Inuyasha with his similar outbursts before, albeit a little heavy handed, so I'm going to use that as my excuse to introduce him into the story. After all, you can't have a Sess/Kag story without a Sess component.
 
Now, just a couple more points and I'll let you get to the story if you choose to accept it. This will be a PWP so don't expect one of my epics with well thought out and complicated plot lines (the `well' part of that statement is fully debatable). If I go more than one chapter without a pointless but fun to write lemon, let me know and I'll go back and add one in. Also, this is my first attempt at something of a comedy, though mainly from a parody standpoint. I'm no comedian so bear with me in this almost assuredly failed attempt at a humorous story. Another thing to take into account, the farthest I've gotten in watching the series is the beginning of the seven man group, so anything that has happened after that, I don't know about. Also, since this is a Sess/Kag fic, if I get a review from Megan Consoer, I challenge that person to say anything but “I really liked this a lot, could you write more chapters please.” I have seen that statement a thousand times on a thousand different fics and I want to know if that person can do anything except punch Ctrl C when writing a review. I mean, is this person not good with the English language and that's all they learned to type while still being able to read the language or what. And finally, (I promise) this is also a bit of a spoof on the aspects of the Inuyasha series that you just take with a spoonful of sugar because getting all worked up on the how's and why's of the ridiculous parts of the series would just defeat the purpose of getting caught up in the delightful fantasy world that Rumiko Takahashi artfully devised. I also poke fun at the cliché and overused plot devices of many a fanfic that I will keep reading because I just enjoy doing so. So to writers who don't want to come up with wholly original ideas, keep it up and don't let anyone tell you that you're unoriginal or lazy. It is fan fiction, a genera of writing based on those that can't come up with original ideas for crying out loud. I'm just as guilty as anyone else of that and damned proud of it. The only aspect of my writing that I'm going to try and keep to is I want the characters to be believably themselves. I don't want it to be a stretch for the reader to believe that the character I assign the name of Kagome to actually be a close approximation of Rumiko's Kagome in manner and action. If I didn't, then what would be the point? I might as well go back to wringing OC stories like I'm used to.
 
Alright, enough blubbery on the why's of the story, let's get on with the damn thing already before I get sleepy and give up.
 
 
Taming Blood
Chapter One - Machiavellian Machinations
 
Naraku sat on the floor of his deserted castle, evilly narrowing his eyes and coming up with his next brilliant and convoluted plot whose primary goal was to piss off the Inuyasha troupe and generally cause them undue stress and worry. It would undoubtedly not work but that wasn't the point. If he wanted to defeat them, he could easily do so at almost any time. He didn't for a couple of reasons. First, he liked the false sense of security they had covered themselves in. It would make them much easier to dispatch when he really felt the need to do so. After all, he had all the resources needed to accomplish such a feat at his disposal. He had Kanna who could conveniently show him all he wanted to know about what they were doing and where they were doing it, at all times. He knew that Inuyasha occasionally ran off to talk to Kikyou and left his little humans completely at the mercy of whatever evil was lurking in the woods at night while they slept. He could easily slip into their camp and pierce each of their hearts with a well placed miasmic tentacle. That would be the end of that. Dispatching a lone Inuyasha who would be in the throws of devastating guilt after he realized what he'd done would be all too easy, almost not worth the effort. There in came the second reason why he didn't do so.
 
He'd spent a great deal of time developing and honing his reputation for villainous, overly complicated and often backfiring plots against his enemies. The fact that they never seemed to work was all apart of his greater plan, one he had no intention of divulging anytime in the near future. He was having too much fun at the moment to change anything except maybe the number of shards he now carried.
 
That brings us back to him sitting alone in his huge, empty castle. He finally came up with yet another plan that would fit all the aspects he often worked so hard to accomplish. It was complicated beyond reason and would undoubtedly fail miserably. To say that he was happy with the idea would have been an understatement and with that, he called upon Kanna to show him just what he would want to see, an alone and entirely too easily stolen Kagome.
 
 
 
Kagome sighed once more, fully enjoying the completely relaxing hot spring that Japan just seemed to be chalk full of. She didn't have to go much more than a day or two without getting a hot bath. She didn't bother to wonder where they had all gone in the future or why the island she called home was no longer as hydro thermally active in its future as it seemed to be in its past. Probably global warming, they were somewhere near modern day Kyoto after all. However, all she really cared about was that she benefited from it and it allowed her to get away from the ever exasperating hanyou that she both loved and hated at the moment. Well, maybe hate was a bit strong. She was Kagome after all and she really didn't have a truly mean bone in her body. She could get the shit kicked out her emotionally by just about anyone and still find a reason to call them her friend or help them out. It was just her nature, as unusual as it was for any human to be that good.
 
She heard a twig snap and twisted immediately in the direction the sound had come from while simultaneously submerging herself lower beneath the surface of the water. She was a pretty innocent girl still, even after all the monstrous things she had seen and experienced during her travels in the warring states era of medieval Japan.
 
“Which one of you hentai's is spying on me this time.” Kagome was used to the commonplace activities of the perverted monk and of Inuyasha trying to conveniently `stop' his monk friend's socially unacceptable behavior. When she didn't get a response right away, she tried a different tactic.
 
“SIT!” she shouted into the cool early morning air. When nothing happened after her little exclamation, she quickly became more concerned about her situation than the usual threat of a peeping Tom.
 
“Miroku?” She hoped that maybe it was just him and that Inuyasha hadn't noticed the monk's exit from the campsite during her bath time. Something he was strictly forbidden to do for just this reason. “Come on, you're starting to scare me.” When she still got no response, she got really concerned. Even a lecherous Miroku would let his presence be known if it alleviated her growing fears for her safety. She was just a lone young woman, naked in a hot spring, in the middle of no where. If it wasn't someone from her group hidden among the trees then she was probably not in a very good position at the moment.
 
She wasn't kept in suspense for too long though, as a figure clothed in a familiar baboon pelt emerged eerily from the shadows. Naraku had always favored this manner of appearing. He felt it fully accomplished his aim of appearing truly ominous. After all, what fills a person with more dread than a man wearing the skinned remains of an albino primate whose natural habitat was no where even near Japan? Not only did it look strange but it filled the viewer with the question of where the hell did he find a baboon pelt in Japan and a white one at that. If he spent that much time traveling to the far reaches of the earth just to procure one for the sole reason of sneaking up on people so he could scare them, then this guy must really be up to no good.
 
“I'm afraid that you were wrong in your assumption of my identity little miko.” He drawled out in that sinister baritone.
 
“Naraku!” Kagome hissed out, wishing that she had her bow for protection. Why she left it twenty yards away lying next to her discarded uniform she couldn't really say. In retrospect, that had been a bad move on her part. She was utterly defenseless and now in the company of her most despised enemy. Well, despised might be a bit strong a word. She was, after all, too kind and innocent to truly despise anyone. She was always capable of finding at least one redeeming aspect about someone and if she couldn't, she still believed that redemption was a possibility, no matter how foolish it was to think like that. At the moment, she couldn't think of anything redeeming about Naraku but she knew there had to be something. Later on, after Inuyasha had come to her rescue, she'd have to devote some serious mental energy into just that very issue. At the moment, she had other more important things to think about. Like just what the hell she was going to do to get out of this mess.
 
“Keen observation.” He mocked the trembling and nude female.
 
“What are you doing here?” She asked, mustering as much strength to her voice as she could. She looked around frantically for anything she could use to her defense or for modest cover but found nothing. She also looked for any sign of her hanyou protector but again found the same. Nothing.
 
“Inuyasha will not be coming for you tonight.” Naraku took pleasure in telling her. Kanna had proved ever useful yet again. She showed him of Kagome's vulnerable occupation at the moment as well as the fact that the hanyou had left his little group yet again to chase after the walking dead Kikyou. Naraku ignored the ridiculously and overwhelmingly convenient circumstances that played in his favor and just went with it.
 
“What did you do to him?” Kagome spat, showing her proclivity to worry more about the well being of others at the detriment to her own. This was her second wrong guess for the evening.
 
“I'm hurt Kagome, I have done nothing to harm him. Tonight anyway.” He took pleasure in correcting her. “He has taken his leave of your silly little group to give his company to your predecessor.” He was pleased with the pain he saw flit across her eyes. That was something he would never tire of, another's emotional distress. What kind of stereotypical villain would he be if he didn't? He wondered just how many times the hanyou could hurt her before she might actually begin to lose some faith in him. What he didn't know was that Kagome was most likely a masochist and Inuyasha's treatment of her probably only strengthened her bond with the foolish hanyou.
 
“Then why are you here Naraku?” She angrily asked after pulling herself back together.
 
“Tsk, tsk, tsk. Impatient this evening, aren't we?” He moved closer to her and delighted in the way she attempted to shrink further into the warm embrace of the spring, its steamy surface doing little to hide her from him. If he were closer to his human time, her appearance might appeal to the lust of Onigumo, the part of himself he'd been unable to dispatch thus far. As it was, her nakedness did little to him except allow him to delight in her further discomfort. “I've come to give you a gift.” He finally answered.
 
“I don't want anything from you Naraku, just leave.” Kagome was getting a little desperate. She doubted that she was going to like anything that he wanted to give her. Besides, it wasn't anywhere near her birthday.
 
“Now why would I leave when I've come all this way already?” He stopped at the waters edge. He really was loath to get his pelt wet. Nothing smelled worse than wet baboon. He allowed the mask to slide off his form and to the ground at his feet. With that, he stepped into the warm water and prepared to give Kagome just what he'd come here to give her.
 
~~Fade to black and cue ominous, bad things are about to happen to our heroine, music.~~
 
Second and much shorter AN: Well that's my first attempt at a humorous fic. Hopefully it wasn't completely awful, just mostly. Also, since I am being bad and posting yet another story when having two others still in work, don't expect very frequent posts. Until then, good luck finding fics that suit your tastes. And to Lamb, if you're reading, now you're really not going to forgive me, are you? *laughs sheepishly and feels reallly guilty*