Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Tell Her ❯ Rukia's Turn To Cry ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Author's note: I know a lot of you didn't expect what happened at the end of last chapter, so I want to elaborate.
 
I know that everyone is wondering when Ichigo is just going to spit it out and confess to Rukia, but I wanted to make it more interesting brining in the love triangle. I also wanted to put Ichigo in another light: In the series he's a strong character, never backing down and saying what needs to be said when necessary. But having the pervious knowledge of being a teen, expression was never easy. He's running the gamut of emotions that every teenager feels when he they're in love. I'm not saying he's weak in my story… just scared of his feelings, and what Rukia would say if she knew. So I'll reiterate once more that this is NOT a Rukia/Renji story. For all the ones who stuck it out to see what's going to happen next, I do thank you all. You will not be disappointed.
 
And to all the other wonderful people who left me reviews… THANK YOU! Have a safe Thanksgiving Holiday!!!
 
Author's Note #2: The IshiHime portion of this chapter is dedicated to debbiechan. Deb, you rock.
 
A special thanks to my new beta reader Bio-Electric Anemone (revisions will be made over the next two weeks).
 
 
Tell Her
Chapter Four
Rukia's Turn to Cry
 
She tried to keep silent, she really did. But Uryu was really on top his game this morning. Orihime Inoue simply loved having sex in the morning, once telling her boyfriend that sex in the morning was just like having breakfast: You wake up starving for it, it's filling, satisfying and gets you alert and ready for your day, and when you've had too much of it you tumble into a blissful slumber. Uryu loved her little antidote; even if was a bit on the vulgar side.
 
Biting her lip, she gazed up her lover pounding into her; the sweat dripping off his slender body that give him such a wondrous glow. His cheeks were flushed and red from their excretions, and Orihime loved it. She loved how he moaned and shivered when he was with her like this; adoring how he would always go the extra mile to please her oversexed libido. Just watching how his body connected so well to hers was making her shudder with her climax, and no matter how hard she tried to stay quiet, Orihime was very vocal when she had an orgasm.
 
“Mmmm… Uryu! Yesss!” Orihime exclaimed, gripping his shoulders so hard she left scratches. “You're making me come Uryu! I'm cominnnggg!”
 
Uryu cheeks grew a shade redder; mostly in mixed embarrassment that she would scream something so lewd like that …but he enjoyed knowing he made her come immensely. Burying his head in her shoulder, he gave a few more quick thrusts into her as he came, sucking in deep mouthfuls of air as his arms embraced her tightly. Her muscles still gripped him as he finally came to a stop, his body relaxing gently on top of hers, and then he pushed himself off to lay beside her.
 
He felt lightheaded. He always did after making love to Orihime. It was a taxing but intense coupling with the nymph, and it boosted Ishida's ego that he was sleeping with the hottest girl in Karakura High School. Sometimes he felt so undeserving of her; even to this day he still can't believe he won her heart. Closing his eyes, Ishida was on the fringes of sleep when he felt her play with nose. Opening one eye slightly, he gazed up at Orihime who was now sitting on top of him, her moist naked body rocking gently against his in all the right places.
 
“That was so good Ishida!” Orihime exclaimed, leaning down to give him a deep kiss on the mouth. “Let's try it with me on top this time!”
 
“Orihime let's take a quick nap first,” Uryu told her wearily, rubbing the sides of her hips. “And remember that we have to be quieter here… Rukia is in the next room.”
 
“Oh I forgot about that, you make me feel so good Uryu that I forget to be quiet sometimes!” Orihime chimed happily, laying her head down on his shoulder.
 
Uryu felt his body tingle when she said that, and he cleared his throat. “Well you make me feel good too, Orihime.”
 
They laid there silently for minutes until Orihime raised her head up, whisking her long hair out of her face.
 
“So Rukia's dating Renji now?” She asked.
 
With his eyes drooping with sleep, Ishida sighed lightly. “Apparently so.”
 
“I heard them the night before,” Orihime whispered, like she telling a dirty secret. “Well at least I heard Renji… I didn't expect Rukia to go for someone like him.” Uryu gave a small grunt, his eyes sliding shut again. “But what about Ichigo?”
 
Uryu`s eyes snapped open again, and he turned his head to face hers. “Hime, that is none of our concern.”
 
“What do you mean it's none of our concern?” Orihime replied, her tone sounding a little defensive. “Ichigo-kun is our friend, and Rukia is our friend also.”
 
“It still doesn't make it right for us to pry,” Uryu told her as his fingers danced along her shoulders. “They are grown enough to handle their own problems.”
 
“But it isn't fair,” Orihime whined, closing her eyes. “Ichigo loves her.”
 
Sitting up, Uryu looked at his girlfriend inquisitively. “And how do you know that?”
 
“You can tell silly! Every girl knows what to look for,” Orihime giggled, scooting off him to sit Indian style on the bed beside him. “He may act tough and cool around his friends in school, but I see how he just stares at her sometimes in class… and then at lunch! He watched Rukia and Renji from the rooftop and he was clutching his chest… he didn't eat lunch that day and he walked around holding his head and stomach until Rukia came back, and he put on his tough guy act so she wouldn't notice.”
 
Uryu just stared at her darkly, folding his arms in front of his bare chest. “You are awfully observant of Kurosaki, Orihime.” She could hear a slight twinge of jealously in his voice, and she smiled as she threw her arms around his broad shoulders.
 
“I'm observant of everyone Uryu,” Orihime chided as she gave him a kiss. “But there's only one man I want.” They kissed again, and for the life of him Uryu couldn't resist as he pushed her down on her back, climbing on top of her and with one fluid motion he was inside of her again, making her back arch. He leaned down to her beautiful breasts, snaking his tongue out to tease the sensitive areolas. Orihime's legs locked tightly around his waist in response, a sound between panting and giggling coming out of her mouth. God, how he loved hearing that sound. It made him work fast against her; eager to feel the rhythmic grasps of her pussy until he was pushed over the edge of ecstasy. Their lovemaking wasn't gentle and tender this time; it was hard, fast and utterly mind-blowing. They came simultaneously, both of them moaning loudly in the aftermath. Uryu had his forehead pressed against hers, his breathing shaky and erratic.
 
“Stay inside me Uryu,” Orihime begged him as she felt his flaccid member slip out of her.
 
“Hime I have to rest now,” Uryu breathed out firmly, but he still tenderly pulled her close to his side. They were sweaty, hot and drenched in each other fluids. This was the only time Uryu allowed himself to be in this condition- in the after throes of passion with Orihime was the only reason he would stand it. She snuggled closer to him and he could hear the content in her sigh as she smoothed a flat palm across his chest and abdomen. “Can you keep a secret?” Uryu asked her suddenly.
 
Lifting her head, she pulled the wet strains of hair off her forehead as she looked at him. “You have a secret, Uryu-kun?”
 
“But you must swear to me that you won't tell it,” Uryu warned her.
 
“I swear… what is it?”
 
His eyes drifted away from hers, fixing them on a unicorn poster on her wall. “Your intuition on Ichigo is correct. He does love Rukia.”
 
Standing up on the bed, Orihime jumped and down excitedly, her huge breasts swinging wildly with each jump. “OH MY GOSH!! I KNEW IT!!”
 
“Calm down Hime,” Uryu pleaded lightly, sorry that he mentioned it all.
 
“How did you find this out?” Orihime asked as she knelt down on the bed in front of her boyfriend, a joyous expression on her face.
 
“He didn't just come right out and say it,” Uryu began as he searched for his glasses on the nightstand. Slipping them on his face, he ran a hand through his wet hair. “But he did suggest that he had to tell someone he loved them… and Rukia was in a restaurant nearby and he left to see her in quite a hurry.”
 
“So did he tell her?” Orihime drilled him, pulling on his arm.
 
“There are only two true answers to that question,” Uryu told her as he rubbed his chin. “He did tell her; and she rebuked his offer. Or he didn't tell her at all and that's why she's still with Renji.”
 
Exhaling sadly, Orihime laid down next to her lover, her eyes fixated on the ceiling fan blades that spun slowly. “Then he didn't tell her.”
 
“We really don't know that Hime…” Uryu began, but Orihime shot up, looking serious with her response.
 
“If Ichigo had told Rukia he loved her, she wouldn't be with Renji. I know that you may think differently; it's that simple.”
 
Pausing for only a moment, Uryu shook his head with disappointment. “So he didn't tell her after all,” He sucked his teeth, pitying Ichigo for loosing his nerve. “I told him it would be regrettable if he didn't do it.”
 
“Maybe we could…” Orihime began slowly; knowing what Uryu's response would be.
 
“NO,” Uryu told her firmly, pushing his glasses up on his nose. “I'm not going to get involved into their business.”
 
Orihime lowered her head down, kissing Uryu's chest, leading them down to his naval. She raised her head up, looking at him with mischief in her eyes. But Uryu knew all too well that it was manipulation written in them as she darted her tongue out, licking his navel very deliberately, keeping her eyes on his. Uryu's stomach quivered with excitement; loving how much pleasure she simply gave him by just using her velvety tongue.
 
“If we help Rukia and Ichigo… I'll suck your cock.” Orihime said with a small purr.
 
Uryu shook with her words, feeling his renewed erection jump with the sheer nastiness of her voice. He narrowed his eyes at her, his mouth into a tight with a scowl. “D-don't say that word,” Uryu warned her, his voice breaking.
 
Orihime smiled. She knew that Uryu wanted everyone to believe he was some prissy boy-nerd. But she knew better. He flew the freak flag very proudly around her. It was an absolute turn on to know the kind of things he was into to. And even now he still wanted to deny himself of his carnal needs. Orihime had pulled out her trump card, knowing that saying this word would make him loose all his control.
 
“Don't say what?” Orihime asked, batting her eyes. “Cock?”
 
He stifled out a small moan, and he shut his eyes. “Don't- say that!” He scolded her in a clipped voice.
 
“But that's what it is… a cock. A big… fat…” Orihime lowered her head towards his now throbbing erection that laid on his abdomen. “…cock. I love your cock, Uryu.” She put her hand around his shaft, kissing the head before taking in her mouth.
 
“Ahh- Orihime… we just-“ Uryu stuttered, gripping the bed sheets tightly. She plopped him out of her mouth, propping herself up on one elbow. He let out a ragged breath, disappointed that the warmth of her mouth was gone.
 
“We just did it?” Orihime said with a laugh. “It's just my juices and yours there, Uryu… now do you want me to suck your cock some more now?” She asked sweetly, still placing much emphasis on the word.
 
“Don't,” Uryu managed to say, his breathing becoming labored.
 
“Cock,” Orihime whispered seductively, her mouth only centimeters from his hardness. “Cock, cock, cock!”
 
Throwing his head back, Uryu groaned. “Please Orihime…”
 
“Say it Uryu…I want to hear you say it.” Orihime said in a low soft voice, her hot breath beading across the sensitive flesh. He convulsed, twitching violently against his will until he just couldn't anymore.
 
“…Cock,” Uryu ground out deeply, his head falling back down, strains of his dark hair falling around his slender face. He stared at her like he was another person now; his cobalt eyes were dark with desire. “Suck my cock… suck it hard Orihime.”
 
“With pleasure, my love.” Orihime purred, and she kindly obliged him.
 
@@@@@
 
Plucking his fingers across the guitar strings, Ichigo sighed as he tried to remember the musical notes he made almost three years ago. He never written them down; it was tune that bobbed around in his head when he was deep in thought. One evening he made the small melody on his guitar, a few chords that Yuzu and Karin simply loved. He had intended on adding more to it, but between school and getting drawn into the Shinigami world prevented him from ever finishing it. Now in dismal reflection of his personal life, he concluded he had lots of time to complete it now, among other things.
 
He awoke late that afternoon after spending the early morning hours frantically jerking himself off to images of Rukia. Both of his wrists were tired and his cock was sore from his brutality. He hated himself for doing it, but he wanted to state himself from this longing for her; to drain himself dry for even loving her. Unfortunately after he was finally done he sadly realized it only intensified his need. For the first time in Ichigo Kurosaki's life, he knew what it felt to feel absolutely alone. The world was huge grey blob of nothingness, and life had no meaning.
 
He decided to give up. Renji had beaten him to the prize, and there was nothing else he could do. It hurt like hell losing her. His heart ached with sadness and his stomach bubbled with regret. He couldn't remember the last time he ate anything, so he made his way downstairs to fix him a bite to eat. His father gave him the regular family greeting by placing him in headlock. Yuzu was happy to see her big brother, so she heated him up some of the leftover nikujyaga she fixed for dinner the pervious night. Karin wasn't that keen on open displays of affection so they just talked briefly about her softball game championship.
 
And now he was back in his room, gently strumming the guitar strings of his guitar, disparately trying to remember the sweet melody he created. Then he realized that he couldn't think of anything else but Rukia once she entered his life. Gritting his teeth in frustration, he gave the stings a flaying stroke, dropping his head. I can't shake this feeling…Ichigo thought to himself. But he had to let it go somehow.
 
Returning his guitar next to his desk, Ichigo flipped face first on his bed. His depressed state was taking its toll, and he felt tired. Rolling over to his side, Ichigo tucked his pillow between his head and neck. He figured a little rest should help jog his memory on that elusive melody.
 
It felt like he just dozed off when he felt someone shaking him. He gripped his pillow tighter, curling up as he refused to open his eyes. Then he heard her voice.
 
“Ichigo!” Rukia shouted loudly, and his eyes snapped open, looking at her standing over him.
 
Groggily, Ichigo sat up, rubbing his eyes. He looked around his room, noticing that it was now night time. Had he slept that long? “…Rukia? What are you - “
 
“What were you going to tell me that night at the restaurant?” Rukia asked quickly, her eyes looking glassy.
 
Ichigo blinked. Was he dreaming? Shaking his head slowly, he drew his knees up towards him. “I already told you… Kon-“
 
Bullshit!” Rukia snapped loudly. She looked ready to smack him across the face. “You're lying. You were never good at it. So tell me what it is you were tying to tell me!”
 
Ichigo felt like he was going to be sick. She was here… in his room, demanding to know the truth. Scooting forward, he threw his legs over the edge of the bed, his eyes glued to the hole in the thigh of his ratty sweatpants. He could hear how perplexed and desperate Rukia sounded… and for the life of him he couldn't bring himself to say what needed to be said. Letting out an exasperated sigh, Rukia sat down next to him. He looked at her from out the corner of his eye, and noticed she was wearing a long nightgown and a jean jacket. She swung her feet, silently for a while as she just seemed to be in deep thought.
 
“So you just left him there, huh?” Ichigo finally asked, referring to Renji.
 
“You know Renji's perfect for me,” Rukia told Ichigo softly, a sad smile on her face. “He knows me better than anyone. But you and me, Ichigo… you me, we… we…” She paused, and placed her face in her hands, her black hair covering her face. He heard her let out a small sob, and her shoulders shook.
 
Ichigo was dumbfounded. Was Rukia… crying? He never EVER saw Rukia like this. She was so vulnerable and exposed with her feelings… even the crying was an unseen rarity. It was awkward but somehow comforting that she would drop her hard-core façade and reveal this soft, insecure person that she was right now. But He didn't know what to do. Should he comfort her, or let her cry it out?
 
Rukia whipped her head up, wiping her tear stained face as she glowered at him with red and puffy eyes. “You're just going to sit there and let me cry, aren't you?”
 
Placing his arm around her, he pulled her close to him, and Rukia laid her head on his chest, letting out a few more sobs before calming herself down.
 
“Don't get any snot on my tee shirt, okay?” Ichigo joked as he rubbed her arm.
 
Rukia sniffled, letting out a small laugh. She could always count on him to say the wrong thing at the right time. “I hate you Ichigo Kurosaki.”
 
Ichigo smirked, knowing it was of a term of endearment rather an insult. He hugged her tightly. “I hate you too, Rukia Kuchiki.”
 
Rukia snorted, raising her head up to meet his gaze. Ichigo reached out and pushed some stray hair out of her face and rested his hand on her cheek, marveling at her flushed face and teary eyes. Even now she still looked so beautiful. His hand slowly slid around to the back of her neck, and he pulled her face closer to his little by little. Their lips barely touched each other at first; and Ichigo drew back for a mere second, swearing he felt a jolt of electricity flutter between them.
 
“Whoa,” Ichigo whispered, his eyes widening with amazement.
 
“I-I know,” Rukia answered softly, flabbergasted at what she felt also.
 
He stared at Rukia as she closed her eyes, slightly puckering her lips in anticipation. He closed in, this time taking full assertiveness as he pressed his lips firmly against hers. Rukia let out a small moan, literally melting into his arms as her hands drew up to cup his face.
 
What started out as a chaste, innocent first kiss began to get aggressive and eager each passing moment. Rukia was raking her fingers through Ichigo's soft hair, and Ichigo was rubbing her shoulders and back vigorously, occasional wrapping his strong arms around her as he embraced her tightly against him. Ichigo growled low in his throat as he leaned his body forward so she would follow suit and lay back against the mattress. He almost succeeded until he heard that small beeping noise in her jacket.
 
Pushing herself up, Rukia reached into her pocket and flipped open her communicator. Grabbing a handful of Ichigo shirt, her eyes widened with what she read.
 
Ichigo wanted to snap that little communicator in half. Yet again fate had reared its ugly head and denied him. He laid his head down her shoulder in defeat, letting out an infuriated sigh.
 
“We got orders,” Rukia told him quickly as she pulled herself out of his grasp. “Hollows, four of them a few blocks from here.”
 
Ichigo sulked for a moment, hating that out of all the times he had to go fight a damn hollow he could have been getting laid. “Well then, what are we waiting for?”
 
@@@@@
 
It had been glorious.
 
The hollows had given chase all over town, but Ichigo killed three of the four hollows within the span four hours tops, and Rukia destroyed the fourth one on her own before sunrise. Ichigo was full of spirit and empowerment as he attacked each hollow, first taunting with them as he cut off their limbs and then finally finishing them off by running his zanpakuto through their masks.
 
Rukia noticed his over zealous attitude, and found it simply irresistible. Sheathing her sword, she smiled broadly at her partner, wondering about the possibilities of having something a little more that just a Shinigami partnership with him. “How do you feel?” Rukia asked in a spirited tone as they walked through the city park.
 
“I feel great. Better than great actually,” Ichigo told her happily, holding his hands up towards the sky. “I feel… fantastic!” He turned, beaming at her with a smile she never seen on his face before, his eyes twinkling with cheerfulness. “I'm so hungry; let's go get something to eat.”
 
Rukia rubbed her empty stomach, her eyes widening with the mention of food. “Oh… I'm hungry too. Oh! Let's go to that all-you-can-eat breakfast bar.”
 
“I could eat some blueberry pancakes, a tower of them,” Ichigo mused, imagining what he could eat next. “I want bacon, a plateful of those little sausage links, and a huge cup of…” He glanced over at Rukia, and realized she wasn't walking along side him anymore. As he turned around, he noticed that she was now behind him, staring at him with a dreadful look on her face.
 
Frowning slightly, Ichigo asked, “What's the matter?”
 
Rukia bit her lip. Exhaling intensely, she guiltily replied, “Renji.”
 
@@@@@
 
Unlocking the front door, Rukia pushed it open, walking in very softly. She turned around, closing the door just as quietly as she did opening it. Letting out a relieving sigh, she turned to walk upstairs until she caught glimpse of Renji's red hair.
 
“Welcome home.” Renji told her as he leaned in the doorway of the kitchen. His tone was not threatening or angry… but it was creepily void of emotion and his face was stoic. Startled, Rukia jumped, her eyes widening for moment like a child with their hand caught in the cookie jar.
 
“You scared me!” Rukia gushed out, holding a hand to her chest.
 
“Didn't mean to,” Renji replied, his tone still sounding staid.
 
Not knowing what else to say, Rukia sat down at the bottom of the stairs, brushing a stray hair out of her face and then wrapping her arms around her knees. She gave him a fake smile. “Morning.”
 
“Sure is,” Renji informed her flatly.
 
“I guess you're probably wondering.” Rukia asked softly.
 
“I guess you're probably right.” Renji said tightly, narrowing his eyes.
 
“Hollows.” Rukia told him. But her mind screamed I kissed Ichigo. She saw how his eyebrows furrowed.
 
“Hollows?” Renji repeated back at her, raising one eyebrow.
 
“I got a call on the communicator, four hollows.” Rukia began, but her mind was recalling the moment her lips touched Ichigo's.
 
Ichigo kissed me back.
 
“It came in during the middle of the night… and I didn't want to wake you so I just left. I got orders… I had to go. I know I should have left a note… but it was so unexpected.” Rukia finished with her hastily explanation, hoping Renji didn't see the truth written all over her face.
 
I kissed Ichigo Kurosaki. I kissed him I kissed him I kissed him.
 
I liked it.
 
Renji smirked at her remark. Pushing himself off the doorway, he slowly rubbed his hands together as he slowly asked the next question. “So… when you went out to kill these hollows you didn't do it alone, by any chance?”
 
Rukia gulped. Tearing her eyes from his scrutinizing gaze, she rocked gently on the step as she gave her reply. “No… no, I wouldn't go out and kill hollows all by myself. There was somebody else there… other than me.” She sucked her bottom lip into her mouth, knowing she was miserably vague at saying who was with her. But Renji already knew who that person was.
 
Rukia expected him to go completely out his mind. He would yell and scream at her, then swear to kill Ichigo and his entire family. But he stood there for what seemed like an eternity, staring her down with that somber expression on his face. Rukia grasped her hands tightly around her knees. Her heart was racing so fast as she waited for his reaction. Suddenly, Renji's appearance changed; he forced a smile on his face as he placed his hands on his hips.
 
“Okay. Are you hungry?” Renji asked her.
 
Rukia blinked, mouth agape. “Hungry?”
 
Renji walked over, extending his hand out to help her up off the step. She slowly took his hand and he walked her into the kitchen. “I'm not too good a chef, but I can make a mean bowl of corn flakes.” On the table was sliced fruit, bacon, eggs, sausage and a pitcher of apple juice. Centering the table was a small vase with a single pink rose.
 
“Do you want breakfast?” Renji asked, standing in front of the table as she looked at huge array of food, speechless.
 
“Breakfast? You did all this?” Rukia asked him, dumbfounded at his culinary talent.
 
Renji rolled his eyes slightly, and gave a sigh as he walked around the table, placing his hand around her waist. He turned her around to the kitchen door. “Let's go.”
 
“Go? Go where?” Rukia asked numbly, following his lead.
 
“Bed.” Renji replied, never looking her direction.
 
“Renji, I don't think…” Rukia began, shaking her head in protest.
 
“Not us, you,” Renji cut her off. “You've been up all night and you need a little rest before you go to school today.”
 
“But we have a lot to talk about…” Rukia objected slowly.
 
“Rest now… we can talk later.” Renji told her with a squeeze of her hand.
 
He guided her up to her room, sat her down on the edge of the bed and removed her shoes. He took off her jacket and then pulled the sheets down. Rukia obliged by clawing up to the pillows, and Renji covered her up, making sure to tuck her in. Rukia was still a bit uneasy; Renji was taking this way better than she expected, and it wasn't a good sign. He was calm. Way too calm.
 
The telephone that sat on Rukia's nightstand began to ring. Renji looked at her, wondering when she was going to answer it. Rukia stared off, pretending to not hear it. Renji narrowed his eyes suspiciously, stood and walked away from the bed, and Rukia then reached over to pick the telephone up. Before he could walk out of the bedroom, Rukia covered the lower end of receiver with her hand as she called out to him.
 
“Renji, wait.” Rukia asked him quickly before speaking into the phone. He stood patiently at the door, his hand grasping the doorknob tightly.
 
“Moshi moshi,” Rukia spoke into the phone, and her eyes lit up. “Oh… hello Momo! I'm doing fine. I worked late last night, just got in. I'm going to get some rest before school. No… nothing's going on. Nothing new to report. Just the same old routine. Well tell everyone I said hello, I'll be home soon. Alright. Bye.” Hanging up, she paused briefly before looking up at Renji. “Renji, I don't want you to think I haven't thought about it, about what you asked me last night. I don't want you to think I took it… casually.”
 
Renji gave her a tight smile as he shook his head. “I understand. Get some sleep.” He walked out, closing the door softly behind him. He leaned his back against the door, sighing as he swallowed thickly, his eyes narrowing down as the red-hot anger burned in his chest.
 
@@@@@
 
 
He laid tangled between his bed sheets, one leg peeking out as he slept on his side. Ichigo was exhausted when he got home; so he decided to sleep in a few more hours and come to school later in the day. Stretching, he rolled onto his back, opening his eyes slowly. He stilled; sensing a presence in the room with him his eyes snapped wide open as he observed the red-headed man stilling in his window sill, looking at him with hatred in his eyes. Ichigo sprung up, irritated that he was woken up by him, but he knew his reasons for being there.
 
“Kinda a familiar sight, seeing you flat on your back,” Renji said lightly, but his face told him he was far from being humorous. “I think It's time you and me talked.”
 
Frowning, Ichigo sat up straight, folding his arms in front of him defensively. Ichigo set his eyes on the alarm clock that sat on his desk, his silence giving Renji the impression to continue, so he did.
 
“From how I see it, the situation is…we have something in common… someone in common,” Renji began lowly as he nodded his head. “You follow me so far? It's a shame it had to come to this; because I like you, Ichigo. And you're hard not to like. But the fact remains we still have a problem. You see, she's real confused. And that's kinda funny…I really don't see what she's so confused about- I mean, look at you. Look at this place. Look at how you live. It's a mess. Now don't get me wrong; I find it kind of endearing and I know you like it, but I think she deserves better.”
 
“You do, huh?” Ichigo growled lowly, shooting him a disapproving glare.
 
“Yeah… I do.” Renji replied with a scoff. “You see I've known her for a long time. I know what she wants, I know what she needs… you're not even close.” Renji paused, sensing Ichigo's spiritual pressure rising, and he smiled cruelly. “Last night, I made Rukia a proposition. A real promising proposition. One I know under any circumstance she would have jumped on. But like I said… she's real confused. So what I'm trying to say to you Ichigo is this: if you don't care about Rukia, you need to tell her. And if you do care about her, well she needs to know that too… it's just real obvious who and what's best for.”
 
As Renji turned to exit out of the window, he looked over his shoulder at Ichigo one last time. “It's real simple boy… why don't you do everybody a favor and just back off?” Renji leaped off the sill and out of sight, leaving Ichigo to simmer in his anger silently.
 
@@@@@
 
“Hi, Rukia!” Orihime exclaimed happily as she waved. She was holding her large knapsack containing her lunch, and Ishida was holding her books as they walked upstairs to the roof to eat.
 
As Rukia she walked towards them, she smiled warmly. It was nice to see Ishida and Orihime together. They were exact opposites but they made a handsome couple nonetheless. “Why hello Orihime, Uryu.”
 
“I made leek soup with rice balls stuffed with pork for lunch... do you want some?” Orihime asked her.
 
“I brought my own lunch today, thanks.” Rukia told her, her stomach twisting with the mention of leek soup.
 
“You are awfully tardy for school today, Rukia… is everything alright?” Uryu asked her briskly, like he didn't really want to ask. Rukia furrowed her eyes in confusion, a bit surprised he would even care if she came to school at all.
 
“Ah- everything is fine, thanks for asking Ishida.” Rukia replied with her uncertainty.
 
“Well I just want to tell you that if you ever need to talk to me about anything Rukia I'm here for you,” Orihime informed her in her sing-song voice. “And that goes for Uryu too. Isn't that right Uryu-kun?”
 
“Oh yes,” Uryu stuttered, his cheeks flushing red. He had sold his soul to devil that morning when he agreed to help Orihime with Rukia and Ichigo. And Orihime carefully reminded him of it with the cryptic sound of her voice. “We're here for you, Rukia-san.”
 
“Have you seen Ichigo today?” Orihime asked her suddenly, making Rukia raise a curious eyebrow.
 
“No…I haven't,” Rukia slowly said, not sure where she was going with this conversation.
 
“He's been under the weather lately, hasn't he Uryu?” Orihime said with a nudge in his side.
 
“Oh yes, he looks quite ill.” Uryu said with faked concern.
 
“He's always walking around grasping his stomach and head like he's sick… You know what I think? I think he needs to get out more, that's what I think. Why I just telling Uryu the other day that it would be super if we all went out on a double date -not a date date of course but a friendly… platonic kinda date, you know?” Orihime rattled.
 
Rukia found it odd at Orihime's and Uyru's concern for her and Ichigo, but she managed to put on a pleasant facade as she backed away slowly. “I'll have to think about that Orihime…Well I got to get my lunch bag; left it in the classroom. I'll catch up with you guys.”
 
“Okay Rukia, see you upstairs!” Orihime chimed out, grabbing her boyfriend's hand and dragging him off hastily.
 
As Rukia turned and walked away, she made a mental note not to eat lunch on the roof today. The last thing she needed was someone prying into her personal life. It was way too much drama going on with it already.
 
Reaching the darkened classroom, she walked in towards her desk until she noticed someone sitting there in the dark. She walked back and flipped on the light, and to her surprise there sat Ichigo, his feet propped up on the desk in front of him. He stared darkly at her, making her cheeks grow hot with the memory of their first kiss, and how incredibly soft his lips felt.
 
“Why didn't you tell me?” Ichigo asked her quietly.
 
She immediately turned around and walked out without a word. Ichigo got out of his seat, following her heatedly.
 
“Oi… he asked you, didn't he?” Ichigo inquired harshly, right on her heels.
 
“I don't want to talk about it.” Rukia replied, never stopping as she stormed down the hallway.
 
“You see I find this really interesting, that's all,” Ichigo explained. “According to him, he asked you last night, after you came to by house and went running all over town killing those hollows. I don't recall you mentioning that.”
 
“You're right I didn't mention it,” Rukia snapped. “I didn't mention it because it's none of your damned business!”
 
Ichigo's jaw slacked. “None of my damned business?”
 
None your damned business!” Rukia repeated back at him loudly, making her way up another corridor to avoid him.
 
Ichigo paused, considering what she said. Nodding, he continued behind her. “Alright… maybe it's none of my damned business. But I still have a right to know.”
 
Rukia stopped walking. Ichigo nearly ran right into her as she turned around, and he saw the fury flashing across her face. “A right to know? You don't have a have to know.”
 
“Oh, no?” Ichigo asked her, scowling deeply.
 
“NO!” Rukia said standing on her tip toes to look him square in the face. She then turned back around, continuing down the hallway with Ichigo literally right on her tail.
 
“So what did you say?” Ichigo pressed.
 
“I want to be alone.” Rukia growled.
 
“You said that?”
 
“I'm saying that!”
 
“Are you saying you said that or you're saying that?”
 
Rukia groaned. “I want to die.”
 
“Whoa, whoa, whoa… who did you say that to?” Ichigo asked with alarm.
 
Rukia nearly kicked open the classroom door that she had her next class in. It was vacant and the lights were out like all the other classrooms due to the lunch period. Ichigo walked in behind her, closing the door behind swiftly. Rukia stood at her desk, her back still turned to him. Ichigo leaned against the door, watching her and wondering why was she so angry.
 
“Can we just talk about this?” Ichigo asked simply, his tone candid and soft.
 
Rukia turned around to face him, a disapproving look on her face. “Why?”
 
Ichigo frowned, walking up to her slowly. “Why? Because Rukia-“
 
“Ichigo I asked you a question. Why should I talk to you about it? What difference would it make?” Rukia asked him sternly.
 
“It would make a difference, I can't believe what you're saying-“ Ichigo tried to explain, but Rukia cut him off again.
 
“The two of you act like you're competing for me!” Rukia shouted, gaining Ichigo full attention. “Orihime and Uryu give me speeches on how your walking around failing apart; you walk around like some jilted lover like the world is coming to an end but you're not the jilted anything, Ichigo. You won't even put yourself in the game! It's not fair! You want me to tell you everything, but you tell me nothing! I don't know how you feel. Am I supposed to think because you chased me down the hall that you do care about me and don't want me to marry Renji? How about we do it all again… only this time I'll chase you!” Rukia walked towards Ichigo, making him take steps backwards.
 
“How do you feel about me Ichigo? How do you feel about all this Ichigo? I have a right to know, don't I? Don't I?” Rukia paused as her eyes lowered, fixing them on the school emblem stitched on his jacket. “Yes… he asked me to marry him. No - I haven't said yes yet; but yes… I'm thinking about it. He's willing to make a commitment to me… how about you?”
 
Rukia looked up at Ichigo's sullen face, searching his eyes as she paused. “If you want to say something, then now's the time to say it. If you want to talk… talk.” Rukia told him softly. Giving him a small pleading smile, she added, “Come on Ichigo… speak now or forever hold your peace.”
 
Ichigo swallowed thickly, his ears peaking at the word commitment. It scared the hell out of him. He stared back at her silently, not knowing what to say. He watched as her smile faded into a disappointing glare, and she shook her head, exhaling deeply with the frustration Ichigo had always placed her in.
 
“Right,” Rukia scoffed, turning around as she walked away from him. Why did I think it would be that easy? She thought dejectedly. Turning back around, she had to ask him one more question. “Are we through?”
 
“Sure sounds like it.” Ichigo muttered lowly, and he turned around to walk out.
 
“Sure does.” Rukia spoke painfully, a small pout on her face.
 
::To be continued::
 
 
 
 
Nikujyaga - Simmered beef and potato.