Gintama Fan Fiction ❯ salarymen go to heaven ❯ part 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Kagura and Okita together make me happy. Kagura is one of the very rare female characters in anime that don't piss me off and Okita… is god.
 
In any case, time frame set somewhere in the random months after the story of Okita's sister. If you don't know what happened then, you'll be only slightly spoiled. If you didn't know Okita had a sister in the first place… sorry about just now.
 
I don't own Gintama. I don't own Kintama either. But one of those is attached to me at all times albeit not biologically.
 
 
* * Part One: In Which the Scene is Set for Disaster * *
 
 
“I'm off to walk Sadaharu,” she screamed at the top of her lungs, already half way out the door. Gintoki, lying on the couch, mumbled something along the lines of `whatever, fuck me if I care' and Kagura, as always, took it for a sign of cherishment and worry. It was a chilly autumn day but the sun was shining and the treetops were on fire. Walking happily from the Freelancer's headquarters, waving at three boys she knew, running past the flower shop in fear and then going after the three sillies who thought they could escape her by climbing up rooftops, all in all she would be in the public park just in time.
 
Almost a block behind her now, Shinpachi threw a plastic bag on the coffee table. His dragged out “Good morning,” was left without response seeing how Gintoki was immersed in his Jump, literally, with the latest copy folded over his face. It wasn't until Shinpachi started taking out strawberry flavoured milk, chocolates, beef jerky and all the other lethal groceries that the Freelancer less conscious duo lived off, that he deigned to sit up and acknowledge Shinpachi's arrival. Well, acknowledgment is not really what it was. It was slight surprise that Shinpachi left in the first place and slight bewilderment that he appeared again. Which was precisely as it should be and as it has been every morning since the day they started working together.
 
Shinpachi settled himself finally with a cup of tea opposite his impossibly incapable employer and asked: “Where is Kagura?”
 
“Unt ff to uak Sndha,” said Gintoki reaching for the strawberry milk carton. The sour, heavy smell of alcohol was still buzzing around him which told Shinpachi that Gintoki had a good night right up to the point he could still remember it.
 
“She did what?”
 
“Went to walk the dog,” tried Gintoki again, this time washing his mouth out with the sweet milk.
 
Already used to playing the part of Buzz-killer and the Noticer of Obvious, Shinpachi took his merry time to slurp another mouthful of hot tea before saying benignly: “If by `the dog' you mean Sadaharu, then he is still here.”
 
“…”said Gintoki, raising his head and pulling his sticky, hung-over gaze about the room, careful not to look around too fast because his eyes might lag behind and explode in midair or so it felt at least. True enough, Sadaharu's enormous head looked at him from the kitchenette as his giant jaws chewed on a piece of equipment still only faintly recognisable as a toaster.
 
Shinpachi sipped his tea, internally congratulating himself on patience while wondering at the same time where he had gone wrong in life.
 
“Wait, what day is it?” mumbled Gintoki.
 
“Thursday,” answered Shinpachi, making the connection in his mind while the words still hung onto his lips. Oh, shit.
 
“Oh, shit,” said Gintoki out loud. Shinpachi nodded and sipped from his warm cup again.
 
 
* *
 
 
This time around it was easier to separate chapters then in any other of my writings. But still I was left with some insanely short and some stupidly long scenes. Bear with me. Usually I write for myself and not other people…
 
As a side note, the significance of Thursdays: Thursdays are when new Gintama RAWs are usually available on Tokyo Toshokan. So think of it as a tribute…