Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Italian Amore ❯ Vol. One/Chap. Seven: Triangle ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Usagi lied back on her bed stressed. The dance show was tomorrow night. Rei was going to be singing a solo in the show. But that wasn't the problem. You see, Usagi had a little conflict. She was dating two people at the same time. Rei and Mamoru were the loves of her life. She loved them both the same. But that was just it. She had been playing them both for a long time. It was just wrong, but she just couldn't choose. However, the poor girl knew that she had to soon.
Usagi shut her eyes and breathed out annoyed. How did it get so difficult? It all started with Rei's singing. She was singing a sad song about love and lost innocence. Her voice was like an angel's. Usagi was coming back from classes when she heard her. She listened to her girlfriend singing. At first, Usagi was moved by her lover's song. But as she listened to the lyrics, her heart sank badly. Rei was singing about love being betrayed. That was an eye-opened to her. She realized that she couldn't keep up with the cheating for long. So, Usagi went to her bedroom to hide and think about it.
A knock came on the door. Usagi looked up quickly.
“Hm?” she asked. “Who's there?”
“It's me, sweetie!” Rei called. Usagi quickly sat up.
“Come in,” she said. The door opened wide. Rei stood on the other side smiling at her.
 
Triangle
 
Usagi just felt bad all over again. Rei was such an angel to her. She deserved better. The rabbit was a crap girlfriend. Rei smiled at her cheerfully.
“My show is tomorrow,” she said. Usagi perked up.
“I know,” she said.
“I got you a backstage pass,” Rei went on. Usagi looked blown away.
“R-Really?” she asked. Her girlfriend nodded.
“Yes,” Rei said. “Anything for you, my love.” She hugged and kissed her on the lips. Usagi was now mixed with surprise, love, and guilt. This was getting worse. She felt like a traitor now. Rei was giving her a backstage pass and she was cheating on her with Mamoru. She felt like a crap girlfriend all over again.
It wasn't that easy. Usagi and Mamoru had been dating since she was in junior high. They made a cute couple. Everyone in Tokyo knew that well. Mamoru was nothing but good to her. He was a pure gentleman. The man was also faithful to her. Mamoru was everything a girl wanted in a boy. But… why did she love him? Security? He was a safe bet? She loved him back? He understood her well? Well, it was all of those. The same reasons applied to Rei as well. Thus, the choice being so hard. She didn't know what to do.
“Usagi,” a voice spoke up. The blonde's attention returned to Earth. Rei was staring right at her. She looked really concerned.
“Usagi,” the fire maiden said. “Is something wrong?” Usagi couldn't speak at first. Her problems were staring to show on her face. This was slowly starting to get out of hand. Well, it was time for some damage control. Usagi pressed her lips together.
“Nothing,” she said. “Nothing much. I'll be happy to see you on stage singing.” Rei smiled at her kindly.
“Thanks Usagi-chan!” she called. Then, she nuzzled her forehead up against her girlfriend's forehead. The fire princess gave her a light kiss on the lips. Usagi kissed back. Then, they slowly parted. Rei went back to the main part of the dorm to practice her singing. Usagi lied back on the bed again and listened. She had long battle to decide. And now would not be the time to do so. Not yet anyway. But when? It would have to be after the dance show. It would be cruel to tell her before the show. Okay, then. Confession would come after the show. Then, a worried thought came over her. “Will I be able to tell Rei and Mamoru the truth?” Usagi thought in deep worry. The blonde rabbit shut her eyes in distress. Just when the problem was fixed, the whole thing would just unravel again back to square one. Oi, why did this always happen to her? Usagi was in another BIG mess this time.
Love Will Tear Us Apart