InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Far Away Eye's Fairytales: A Drabble Collection ❯ What He Found In Her Eyes ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Title: What He Found In Her Eyes
Author: Far Away Eyes
Word Count: 249
Rating: G
Pairing: Inuyasha/Kagome
Written for iy_fic contest Week 88: Eyes
Summary: What Inuyasha sees when he looks into Kagome's eyes.
 
Inuyasha had only seen it in his mother's eyes. It was how he knew what it looked like. He was more familiar with the other emotions in people's eyes. Inuyasha saw disdain in his brother's piercing stare. He remembered Kikyo's detached gaze. He realized that in the depths of her eyes he hadn't seen sympathy, but contempt and self-pity. Fear and hatred reflected back to him from most humans. His friends were different. He found in Shippo's eyes boyish admiration. In Miroku's warm eyes, Inuyasha saw encouragement. He appreciated the kindred spirit Sango's guarded gaze provided. He knew she viewed him as a comrade-in-arms. Then there was Kagome.
 
The young girl from the future looked at him in the same way his mother had. Inuyasha saw in Kagome's trusting gaze acceptance. Most of all, he saw something when he looked into her eyes he never thought he'd see again. Love. It gave him strength when he thought his own might fail. Inuyasha found courage to enter countless villages because of the love that shined in Kagome's eyes. The villager's harsh scrutiny seemed to bother him less when she was around. As long as Kagome continued to look upon him with love, Inuyasha felt he could become impervious to their dark looks and cruel whispers. It didn't matter what they thought. No matter what they did or where they were, Inuyasha found all he needed in Kagome's loving eyes. In them, he had finally found his home.