InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Far Away Eye's Fairytales: A Drabble Collection ❯ The Colorful Thank-You ( Chapter 22 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Title: The Colorful Thank-You
Author: Far Away Eyes
Genre: WAFF
Rating: G
Word Count: 250
Summary: Jaken pays a visit to an ill Rin. What is his real reason, and what does he bring?
 
He'd never paid much attention. Glancing around the open field near the half-breed's village, Jaken wasn't sure where to start. It was peppered with so many different wildflowers, and he wondered how Rin kept them all straight. Jaken wished he could remember her favorite color. He felt that he owed Rin for her concern after he'd been poisoned.
 
He spotted a cluster of bright yellow flowers. In Jaken's opinion, Rin picked those a lot. Next, a beautiful lavender drew him. Soon after followed blues, reds, pinks, and whites. Then he spotted it. An elegant silver fern. He picked a few, adding them. Satisfied, Jaken headed back.
 
To his relief, Sesshomaru was busy with the miko. Jaken snuck past, into the hut Rin resided. She laid on a pallet, her bleary eyes lighting up. Rin croaked, “Jaken-sama.”
 
Jaken thrust his bouquet towards her, muttering, “Foolish girl.”
 
Rin lip trembled, and tears brimmed in her eyes. “Thank-you, Jaken-sama. You shouldn't have.”
“Nonsense.”
 
“The silver fern's beautiful.” Rin sniffed the colorful blossoms. “Just like Sesshomaru-sama's hair.”
 
Jaken scuffed his foot into the floor, uncomfortable. He said, his words rushed, “I just wanted to repay you, you silly girl, after---”
 
“Rin knows. You're welcome.”
 
Jaken blinked. His expression softened, but said his voice still gruff, “Not that it matters, you foolish mortal. Now get better and stop burdening Sesshomaru-sama.”
 
Rin giggled. “Yes, Jaken-sama.”
 
Jaken chuckled, unable to help himself. He had missed her.