You're Under Arrest Fan Fiction / Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ An Enemy of Women is my Enemy ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2

Once again, the moon lowered its rays upon the brightly glittered streets where pubs and disco clubs dominated. These were the places where people from all walks of life come to drown their earthly burdens in heavy liquors and unrepentant delights of the flesh. A night black coloured van parked opposite the ZanGUN pub, where Takahashi and his team prepared to catch their wanted man.

“All right, people. Let's get our monster and we all can go home early tonight.”


“It's already two a.m. Takahashi.”

“So, what does it have to do with you, Tomo? You ain't got a wife to come home to.”

“But you do.” Chuckles were heard. “And she is not going be happy if you continue to do this.”


“At least I let her know where I am.” Teasing noises echoed behind. “Okay, that's enough! One more word about my wife and you can kiss your weekends goodbye.” He turned to look at Natsumi, Miyuko and Toukairin, who were sitting right at the back of the van. “You kids fine back there?”

“Yes,” replied Natsumi cheerfully, comfortably nestled in Toukairin's arms. Miyuki's fingers flew constantly over the keys of the laptop. Takahashi frowned at her.

“And may I know what are you doing?” His eyes widen in surprise, as he leaned over her shoulder. “That's the inside of the pub. How did you do…”

“Shh!!” hissed Miyuki. “Aoi has caught his attention.” She handed him an earplug. Takahashi quickly put it inside his ear and listened attentively.

“I haven't seen you around here before,” said a smooth business like voice. “May I know the fair name of the lovely maiden that sits before me?”

A feminine giggle was heard. “My name is Aki Fujisawa.”

“A pleasure to meet you, I'm Ishimaru.”
 

Takahashi gave a smile, almost opening his mouth to speak when Miyuki covered it. She shook her head in warning. He bit his lip while he continued to listen. Aoi pretended to `lament his sorrows' to Ishimaru - pouring out his sorrows about university fees, rents, and peer pressure and so on while boosting Ishimaru's ego bit by bit. The conversation went on smoothly like well-scripted soap opera. Aoi was the leading actress in her role as the damsel in distress. As for Ishimaru, he played the role of a gentleman, paying every single attention to Aoi, nodding his head every now and then. He even lent his handkerchief to Aoi to let him dry the tears that were gathering at the corners of his eyes. Finally, he said, “I think I could help you Aki.”
 

“How?” Aoi questioned.

Ishimaru placed his hand over Aoi's hand. He felt the cold metal of the key under his soft skin.

“Meet me in Room 176 in about half an hour.”

“But…”

“It's okay, I'm just going to give you some money. That's all. You don't have to do anything.”

“But…”

“You may not recognize me but I'm a well-known businessman around here and it will look bad if people sees me giving you money. They might think that you are a prostitute or something and I don't like that. So, trust me, alright?”

Aoi hesitated for a moment, and then he gave a soft answer. “Okay.”

Takahashi pulled the earplug out and grinned at Miyuki. Turning around, he sees his team members all crowding over his shoulder. Some of them were munching chocolate bars or sipping coffee. Enchi glared at them in his what- the-heck-are you-people-looking-at manner. Spontaneously, each of them returned to their individual seats. Takahashi bent over to Miyuki and repeated his question.

“Tell me what did you do just now?”

“Nothing much,” Miyuki adjusted her hair. “I just installed a mini camera into one of her earrings. That's all.”

Takahashi stared at her, mouth wide-opened in total disbelief. Natsumi winked at him while Toukairin shrug his shoulders in a don't-look-at-me attitude.

”I think I'll need a vacation pretty soon.” He said to himself.
 
 
 
 
 
Half an hour later…



“Hawk to nest. Hawk to nest. This is Hawk speaking. Aki is proceeding to meet suspect.”

“Copy that, Hawk,” Takahashi replied. “Stay where you are and watch for my signals. I want him to protect at all times, you heard me?”

“Copy that nest.” The man grumbled to his pals. “Protect the suspect? From what?”

“I was talking about Aki. Protect him, you nitwit,” snapped Takahashi.

“Aki? Him? Huh?”

“Aki is a man. His name is Aoi Futaba but I'm not sure whether he can handle a lunatic like Ishimaru. I want no harm coming to him. Is that understood, Hawk?”

“Yes sir.” The man stumbled over his words.

“Good birdie. Over and out.”



The door creaked opened, a womanly figured shadow cast over the drape carpet floor. Aoi entered the room and switched on the light. Nobody was there. He cautiously walked to the bathroom. “Ishimaru-san?” Knocking on the bathroom door a few times before he turned the knob. There was no one side. He closed the door. The moment the door clicked, pitch black enveloped him. Obeying his immediate instincts, Aoi dodged sideways.

The heavy sound of something smashed into the wooden door. Cursing. Aoi forced his eyes to focus on the attacking figure. He seemed to be forcing something out of the wooden door. A sharp curved-shaped something attached to a stick-like figure. Aoi gasped. The figure turned towards her.

“You surprised me, Aki. Most of my victims would be dead by now.”


“Dead?”

“Yes, my dear, dead. Didn't you see the yesterday's news? About a body being found in a canal? I was the one who killed not only her but also the other bitches like herself that you read in the papers. I must confess that it was the most extravaganza experience I ever have. The way they begged for their life, their screams. Oh, the sensation of my baby.” He tapped his weapon. “Sinking into their soft soft body. Usually, I torment them slowly. Waiting to see how long would it take them to die, slowly, second by second. “

“You should be grateful, you know. For yours will be quick. For I can't wait to feel your body after you are dead.”

“Are you saying…”

“Yes! Yes!” His voice went higher and higher. “I love the feel of dead skin. It gets me so excited!” Striking down, Aoi moved away. A sting stung his ear. He felt blood flowing down on the side of his powdered cheek. Not wasting a moment, he grabbed an object out of his pocket and sprayed into the darkness. A repulsive howl shook the hairs at the back of his neck. The weapon made a loud thud sound onto the carpet floor. Aoi made a dash to the door.

Was it a mistake he did not know, for an acute pain raced across his entire back. His legs crumbled to the ground. The smell of blood tingled with gunpowder mingled in the air. His heart was throbbing, veins cried out in agony. Eyes gaped endlessly at the door. So near yet so far…


“You bitch, I won't let you get away so fast. I used to be a sharpshooter in the army, you know,” He smirked for a second before swearing at the stinging pain. “What the heck did you spray my eyes with? It hurts so much. When I'm done with you…”

“You'll do what?” uttered a voice from nowhere, icily with a touch of hostility. “Dump her body somewhere like you did with the rest.” A choking cry answered him. “Let me tell you something before I dumped you in hell, any enemy of women is an enemy of mine.” He released his hand and the villain's body fell onto the floor like a huge wooden puppet. The stranger walked over to Aoi and placed his fingers on his neck.

“Thank god. She's alive.” He heard poundings onto door and a woman's voice shouting.

“Aoi! Aoi! Get your butts here! We have a man down there!”

“Aoi?” echoed the stranger.

“ONE! TWO! THREE!'

The door swung opened. Natsumi and Toukairin rushed in. Natsumi switched on the lights. Toukarin sees Aoi, knelt beside him and instantly took his pulse.

“He's alive,” He sighed with relief. “But we have to bring him to the hospital now.”

Takahashi appeared, huffing and puffing. He saw Ishimaru lying on the floor. Half hoping for the worst and half hoping for the best, he brushed aside Toukairin and Natsumi and turned the body over. The hideous distorted face of Ishimaru greeted him. Takahashi lifted his neck, revealing a thin red line circling his coarse neck.

“Damn!” He cursed. “Someone got here before us.”
 
 

<Flash back>

The morning scent of the Sakura flowers drifted into the sleepy buildings. Petals and bits of leaves moved with rhythmical steps, swinging up and down and around until it reaches onto the outstretched hand of a young lady. She folded her fingers and held her fist tightly to her heart and closed her eyes. Devilish anguish invaded her tender mind as she took a whiff of fresh air. She covered her ears to shut out the tormenting voices but she couldn't. They just keep on coming and coming. “Shut up! Shut up!” she shrieked. But they won't keep silent. Tears of suffering fell to the tiles. Drop by drops then trickles...

“Please don't cry,” said a kindhearted voice…
<Flash back>
 
 
 
 
In the hospital…


“Aoi… Aoi… Thank god. He's alive!”

“Of course he's alive. Yoriko, you moron.”

“He would have if it wasn't for Miyuki's special bullet-proof vest.”

“You traffic police really scared the hell out of me sometimes. Have you ever considered changing departments or your jobs?”

“NO!”

“Okay okay… don't have to sound so fierce, ladies. How do you deal with them, mountain boy? Especially your woman.”

“What did you say?”

“Just kidding… just kidding… light up, will you?”

Aoi blinked his eyes a couple of times until he received a clear view of the faces that looking at him. Moaning, he mumbled. “Where am I?”

“You are all right and alive!” burst out Yoriko, hugging him. “We were so worried about you. You were shot in the back and out cold for three weeks straight! We even have to do night shift to make sure that you are safe and sound…”
“STOP blabbering and get the facts right!” Natsumi annoyingly knocked Yoriko on the head. “He's only knocked out for a week.”

“But he was shot in the back!” protested Yoriko, rubbing the bump on her head.

“True but Miyuki's bullet proof vest saved her, remember?”

“Natsumi, lower down your voice. We are at a hospital…” Miyuki gently reprimanded.

Aoi rolled his eyes away from the racket and looked at Takahashi. Tiredness chained on to his face yet a strong passion of energy gleamed in his hazel brown eyes.

“What about Ishimaru…”

Takahashi shook his head, fingering the cigarette packet.

“Gomen, I let him get away…”

“He's dead.”

“Dead? How?”

“Someone take him out after he shot you. Obviously, it's either someone released the cat out of the bag or he's very perceptive in figuring out that you are an undercover.”

“He's dead?”

“Yeah, strangled. I'm not going into further details of his corpse, mind you.”

“Sorry. If I had been more alert, he would be…”

“Nope,” He threw the packet up and down into the air. “I should be the one apologizing to you. You were almost killed on my account. I was careless.”

“You were not!” Emphasized Aoi, trying to get up. “Everything you did went well…”

“Look,” Takahashi put his hands on Aoi's shoulders. “You did your best. So did everyone. It's just fate that Ishimaru died that way. Now I want you to get some rest. This is what we all need now.”

“Then, what's going to happen next?” asked Toukairin.

”No worries,” said Takahashi, taking out his sunglasses from his breast pocket. “We have already targeted another suspect, an accomplice of Ishimaru.” He walked towards the door.

“Are you going back to the station now?”

Takahashi turned his face and gave a grin. “You kidding, mountain boy? I'm deadbeat now. I'm going home to sleep. See you later.”

”Takahashi.”

“What is it, Aoi?”
 
“Tell me, what did he use to kill his victims?”
Takahashi grunted. “A pick axe. For further references, ask mountain boy. He uses it all the time.” Closing the door behind him.
 
 
 
To be continued