You're Under Arrest Fan Fiction / Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ An Enemy of Women is my Enemy ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4


Night swept its darkness upon the attractive lit up pubs and discos clubs. Music of all sorts was starting to play in its notorious manner. Yoji drove his green sport-car into the main lane where he passed the keys to an attendant. He was in slick black leather pants and an almost transparent silk shirt, covered by a glittering vest. The sunglasses twinkled at its owner's energy. Aoi chose leather pants, a white shirt covered by a thin coat that flows down like a dress. His hair was pined up with a few locks tangling down at the sides of his cheeks. To conceal his pined up hair, Aoi wore a slanting curved purple hat, shadowing half of his face. Despite the man clothes that he wore, there was still a faint feminine style in his posture.

“Not bad, seem like that you'll be able to mingle here without much fuss,” Yoji commented, surveying his eyes all over Aoi. “Welcome to Ancre disco club. Stay close to me, you wouldn't want to get lost in this crowd.” The door attendant opened the glass door where noise and sensuous dancing greeted them. The familiar smell of passionate sweat and colourful liquors lingered in the air while the already noisy environment was further enhanced with the slurred voices of the drunken and purring of the bar girls over their clients.

Aoi kept his best following Yoji to the bar area, where tons of girls pouched on them immediately. Aoi felt uncomfortable at the callous teasing of the bar girls about his feminine appearance. Meanwhile, Yoji indulged himself in their soft arms and allowed them to fuss all over him. Afterwards, as a regular customer, he deserved the best service that this establishment has to offer. Throughout the night, Yoji danced with his girls leaving Aoi behind to watch. Somehow, Aoi didn't understand the purpose of being here. Was it just one of Yoji's idea of making him be a man for one night? Then, why did he in the world attempt to kiss him in the afternoon? Another one of his jokes, Aoi assumed. Still, it felt kind of good. To be noticed by another individual rather than looked upon as a weirdo. Although Aoi was used to the funny looks at that people give him when they discovered his true identify and that sometimes one would feel rather lonely.
 
There was a myth that Aoi always believed in that the souls were originally in one form until the gods decided to cruelly separate the soul into two and shattered them all over the world. Thus, the two separate souls would have to travel near and far until they are unit as one once more. Thus, Aoi believed that there was a soul mate somewhere in this world, waiting for him. But what kind of soul mate would it be? Although homosexuality had become more tolerant in this modern world, it was still a problem.

Hours past and Aoi sat cross-legged on his seat, his cheek leaning against his palm, almost drifting off to dreamland despite all the attention that the bar girls showered over him. Then, one of them leaned towards to him and licked his cheek, alarming him. The bar girl gave a devilish grin and leaned even closer to him, in a half-slurred voice, she said, “I've got something to tell you.”

“Please, you are drunk…” He pushing her away but she resisted and pulled him towards her.

“I'm serious, pretty boy.” Her head nodded ups and down. “It's about some business man… Ko…. Koi…” she laughed drunkenly.

“Who? What? What did you say?” Aoi held her tightly. “Speak up…”

“Koi… Koi… wa…i… Koiwai….”

“Koiwai? Tsutomu Koiwai?”

The bargirl smiled and hugged Aoi, whispering into his ear. “You got it. I know something about him that the cops don't.”

“You know something?”

“Yeah, sure do…” Her full body weight was on him. “But I don't tell anybody for free…”

Aoi took out some cash and slipped it into the back pocket of extremely short shirt of the bargirl. She chuckled. “Let's go to a room. Then, we can talk.”

Aoi panted as he half carried, half dragged the drunken bar girl into a room. Inside, he literally dumped her onto the bed. The bargirl lay sprawled across the bed. He panted for the last time and headed for the bathroom. The tap was turned on and the splashing of water was heard. Aoi took off his hat and pin, spilling the brown hair down his fair skin. Scooping up a cupful of cold water, Aoi splashed his face once again. Breathing lightly, he lifted his face and looked at the mirror. His reflection displayed what was on his mind right now. He was tired. Simply tired. It was four in the morning and nothing was accomplished. He felt like a complete simpleton who idiotically fell for Yoji's prank. Grabbing a towel, he dried his face and left the bathroom.
 

When he stepped out of the bathroom, he was surprised to find the bargirl sitting up on the bed, smoking. She narrowed her eyes as she puffed out thick smoke into the air.
 

“You are different from the rest. They usually be on top of me by now.”

“You said that you know something about Tsutomu Koiwai. What is it?”

“Oh him, yeah. In case you don't know, he's a regular customer except that he meets his girls in private and….” The bar girl continued to ramble on and on about the money he gave, this and that. For somebody who needed at least eight hours of beauty sleep, there was a high risk of getting pissed off. Aoi didn't care a damn thing about Koiwai but as a policeman, information was vital.

“The strangest thing is that the girls he chooses are those new to the business. I only see them once and never again. It went on a couple of times then it stopped altogether.”

“Can you recognize the girls?”

“Easy as ABC. Hey, I'm been using make-up thousands of times. I know how a girl looks no matter how many layers she uses.”

“And?” he asked wearily.

“I believe that the newcomers are those high school kids.” She crushed the cigarette into a rusty ashtray. “Ask the owner, he always bring them in his office and that's where you'll never see them again.”

“Oh I see,” Aoi walked towards the door.

“Hey, pretty boy!” Aoi turned around.

“What?” he said crossly.

“Thanks for listening to me… You do believe me, don't you?”
 
 
 
 

Aoi merely nodded his head and left. Now, he wanted to go home, get a nice warm bath and sleep like the dead. There was no reason, no reason at all should he listen to what that bargirl had said. She was drunk, definitely on drugs and talking a whole lot of crap. He barely made his way to the stairs when he heard a gunshot echoing throughout the dim hallway. Aoi instantly turned back and run back into the room where a gruesome sight awaits him. Lines of blood slashed the walls that were stuck with pieces of gummy-like substances. The entire bed was soaked in bright red. In the midst of the blood-soaked bed was a headless body.

He fainted.
 
 
Hours later…


A cool breeze spread across Aoi's face as his eyes slowly opened. Realizing that he was not in his own room, he jerked upwards and looked about around him. He was in simple room with walls that were coated in gentle colours, a cupboard, a small table, a bed and windows with curtains. He felt a sudden chill on his back and discovered that he was half-naked. He immediately covered his bare chest with the blanket. Then, he felt silly. You are a man for goodness sake! That's there to be shy about? Still, it had been a long while since he slept like this. The door clicked and opened, Yoji appeared, holding a bundle of clothes in his hands.
 

“About time, you are awake. You slept for twelve hours straight, you know that?”

“Where am I?”

“At my place, you fainted remember?”

“I did?” Aoi slowly recalled the horrible scene that he witnessed. The odour of blood and shattered brain tissues made him felt like puking.

Yoji tossed him the bundle of clothes, “Now that you are awake, get yourself clean up. We are going somewhere in an hour.”

Aoi examined the bundle cautiously and pulled out tuxedo. He gave a questioning look.

“Tonight you and I are attending Koiwai's party. And I'll believe that his next victim will be there. So, you want more details. Get your butt moving.”

“Humm…. Do you have a phone here or something? I've to call somebody…”

Yoji tossed him a handphone. “Here. Call anybody you like except Takahashi. Understood? We'll do so later.”
 

Aoi bluntly nodded his head while Yoji left the room. What was that all about? Darn, Yoji, always leaving certain things unanswered. And was he so involved in this case? It's entirely none of his business. He could just be an unknown florist and stop sticking his nose in this and let Takahashi do the rest. Besides, he was no longer involved in this after the shot incident. Most importantly, why was he always listening to Yoji? Biting his lip in irritation, he dialed a number.

“Good afternoon. This is Yoriko from Bokuto Station, how may I help you?”

“Yoriko. This is Aoi.”

“Aoi? Where have you been the whole day? You didn't call? Are you sick?”

“Yeah, I've a bad headache today.”

“So ka. Anyway, you should have called. Takahashi was trying to get through you all day.”

“What does he want?”

“How should I know? He was so edgy today. Ne, Aoi-chan. Where are you anyway?”

“Just a friend's place. Look, Yoriko. I don't feel so good right now so I'll just hang up now and get some rest, ok?”
 

Not letting Yoriko say another word, he switched off the handphone. He pondered over what he did just now. A reflected light caught his eye. He looked across and sees a small wall mirror in front of him. He gave a slight smile. He would need some make-up now and especially a comb to straighten out that wild lion mane he had now. Pulling up a lock of hair, his eyes stared into the reflection. That bargirl died. Right after, she told him some information, whether it was relevant or not, it cost her life. This was the second time that Aoi witnessed a dead body. He felt a lump in his throat. Once again, he failed to see that coming.
 
Then, he thought of his parents. They never approved of him being a policeman, even more when he decided to be a woman. The poor girl did not deserve to die horribly. Nobody had the right to take another person's life away. Wasn't why he becomes a policeman? Wasn't this why he decided to be like a woman? So that he could protect the female civilians from such monsters known as male. Wasn't it the reason?
 

Looking at the tuxedo in his hands, maybe… maybe… he could be able to end this if he were dressed up as a man. Nevertheless, inside, who did he want to be? The feminine Aoi in Bokuto Station or the masculine Aoi that he used to be? His fingers crushed the lock of hair. Was it this that his parents had warned him about? He never knew that he would come to such a dilemma. At a time like this. He walked towards the cupboard and pulled out a drawer, and explored the contents. Then, he touched a cold metal thing - a pair of scissors. Taking it out, he examined its sharp edges, its gleam beckoning to him, calling out to him, encouraging him…

Bokuto Police Station…

“What do you mean that you don't know where Aoi is?” yelled Takahashi.

“He hung up before I could ask him that,” answered Yoriko, scared by his fierce looks.

“Damn it. He wasn't home last night. I left a dozen phone messages!” He rubbed his forehead.

Toukairin, the peacemaker, stepped in and said, ”Yoriko, do you remember Aoi seeing anyone yesterday? Or he mentioned somebody?”

“Hmmm… Ah! I remember it was a florist.”

“Florist?” snapped Takahashi. “How did he look like?”

“Hmmm… blonde hair, sunglasses. HEY, where are you going?”

“NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!” Takahashi rushed out, fumbling with his handphone, he cursed loudly.
 
“Aoi. You dim nitwit!”

 
Somewhere…


Yoji sat in his seat and whistled a tune. Tapping his fingers on the steering wheel, he looked at the figure walking towards him. He blinked a couple of times as he took off his sunglasses. The figure was dressed in a neat tuxedo but his hair…

“Aoi???” Yoji stared at him in surprise. “What did you do with your hair?”

The once long waist-length hair was now reduced to shoulder-length. It was skillfully combed back into neat rows of wavy strands, pushed behind the ears. With the tuxedo that he was wearing, his new hairstyle made him look more like man. Yoji laughed.

“What's so funny?” Aoi snapped

“Sorrie,” Yoji fixed a smile on his face. “I never thought I never see the day that Aoi had decided to look like a man. I was getting used to you being as a woman. Here, bought you something to bite on the way, get in, will you? We haven't got all day.”


“Yoji. Can I ask you something?” asked Aoi after finishing his sandwich.

“Sure. What is it?” Yoji kept his eyes on the oncoming heavy traffic.

“How did you know where I was last night?”

“Simple. My girls told me where you were. So, did you had fun with her?”

“Yoji!” Aoi was astounded. “She was killed!”

“I know that and I couldn't believe that you fainted just like that. Didn't you have experience about that in your last job or something?”

“No!” Aoi felt the urge to hit him. “ How can be you remain so calm about this?”

“I have seen enough dead bodies to last me a lifetime. Afterwards, you'll get immune to it.”

Aoi eyed at him curiously, deciding to change the topic, he asked, “So, where are we going exactly?”

“To Tsutomu Koiwai's party. Also, to stop another murder from happening.”

“How do you know?”

“Contacts, my dear boy. Why do you think I let those girls throw themselves over me? They know every dark secret of the underworld that the police know nothing of. All it takes is a litte money to loosen their tongues. So, let me fill in the holes of the whole story.”

“That disco club that we went, well, some of the bar girls are hired by their owner to trick high school girls into working for them. In return, they get some real good money to spend as well as their identifies enclosed. The owner would then bring the high school girl into his office. The fun part is that he has installed a hidden door, which leads to the back door. A car will be waiting for her. She will be then brought to the place where the business functions or parties are held. Afterwards, the poor girl is bought to a secret room where Ishimaru or Koiwai awaits her. Then you know what happened.”

“Hold on a minute, how did you know the hidden door and all that?”

“The bar girls told me, well, indirectly, of course. So, I explore his office, found the hidden door and went looking for you.”

“And you didn't have any trouble finding the hidden door?”

Yoji grinned cheekily. “Okay… okay… so I ruffled up the owner a bit. He's spineless coward anyway so he spilled everything to me. In case, you didn't know, Ishimaru and Koiwai owned a couple of disco clubs around this area. Thus, explain the easy access to their victims. After they have been killed, Ishimaru or Koiwai would have their men dump the body far away from the function was held.”


“So, let's go down to the video cameras that taped him down. Using the theory of actors to replace him while he had his pleasure. Ishimaru and Koiwai would probably use someone who has similar height and build, someone who knows everything about him in total perfection and acts as him so well that everybody perceives him as the real Ishimaru or Kowai. It is not impossible, you know. Around a certain time, Ishimaru or Koiwai must have left the room, probably the excuse to the bathroom that's when the switch happens. For a period of time, after the victim is dead, he switches back and resumed his position once more.”


“So, we are going to Koiwai's place to prove this theory of yours?” Aoi shook his head. “Then explain to me why the real Ishimaru appears at the ZanGUN pub.”


Yoji made a turn. “He got too bold and thinks that he could get away from it since somebody is helping him to do so. But that day was his last. It's the common thing with murderers, sooner or later they will make a mistake.”

“The somebody who is helping him, could he be a police officer?” He pressed his lips.

“Most likely, and Takahashi knows about it. Think about it, the Ishimaru's DNA was found on the victims. That's enough to have him have the chair. But oh no, they were tampered with. Such a coincident, isn't it?” Yoji's tone became harsher. Seeing the quite frightened look on Aoi's face, Yoji blew out a deep breath. “Sorry, I didn't mean to sound this way. It's just that I hate men who harm women.”

“Me too,” agreed Aoi. “Me too.”

“Ne, Aoi. What makes you cut your hair today?”

Aoi leaned his arm against the window screen and pressed his cheek onto it. “Yoji, do you think I'm strange?”

“Huh?”

“Do you think I'm strange? Me dressing up as a woman? Do you think I'm strange?”

“Nope. It's only a great surprise to know how much man can look like a woman when he wants to.” “Does that bother you?”

“No… but… sometimes… I get a mixed identify or something. It's…”

`Look, I don't really like to get into your personal affairs. The thing is that you are Aoi whether you dress up as a man or a woman. And that's what enables me to trust you on this.”

Aoi turned to look at him. “So, you ARE involved in this case. Guess being a florist is too boring for you. What makes you think you can trust me?”

“An enemy of women is an enemy of mine. You and I have this same opinion about this. Isn't it how you become what you are today? Listen, Aoi, you are one of the best police officer I have ever meet. And that's something you should be proud of.”

“Thank you…” replied Aoi, wiping the corner of his eyes. “There's another thing I want to ask you. Why did you try to kiss me yesterday?”

“Oh that, that was for fun. I was wondering what your response would be like and … OUCH !!!! What was that for???”
 

Somewhere… At another place…


“So, let me get this straight, Tomo. You found a hidden door in the owner's office. The bargirls have all confessed that the victims were sent to Ishimaru or Koiwai whenever one of them has a function or party. So, the murder took place where the function is. That would solve the distance problem. The only thing is to break the question of how Koiwai remain present in front of his associates. What? He is having a party tonight… where? Ok. I want you to come down ASAP. Bring the team along. Why? Don't ask why! My gut instinct is telling me something is going to happen tonight! And one more thing, ask the bargirls whether they have talked anyone who has blonde hair and sunglasses and is accompanied by a guy who looked like a girl.” Takahashi dumped his handphone aside. Never trust a florist.

At a hotel…

The green sports car parked itself in front of the marble steps of a cream - coloured hotel, where the rich people gathered once more to dine and wine. An attendant in smart uniform opened the door. Yoji stepped out, tossed the keys to him and nimbly dived into the crowd. Aoi followed suit.

In the ballroom, Yoji and Aoi quietly led themselves to a corner. Yoji helped himself to a glass of champagne and gave Aoi a glass as well. Yoji glanced about in the room. Among a group of dark suited men, stood a particular character. He has sunken eyes and bony cheeks fixed on his pointed face. Overall, he was like scarecrow in a suit. Yoji held his glass in the direction of the scarecrow.

“That's him. Tsutomu Koiwai.”

“Are you sure?”

“Positive. The accurate of the information that my contacts give me is one hundred percent.”

“How many contacts do you have?”

Yoji pressed his finger to his lips. “As a pro, I never give them away.”

The clock chimed two o'clock in the morning. Yoji and Aoi sat calmly on their seats while they watched Koiwai enjoying himself. The group was laughing continuously, and then Koiwai stood up and said something. His associates laughed once more while Koiwai excused himself. Yoji stood up as well. Aoi was about to get up as well but Yoji placed his hand upon his shoulder. He shook his head and slipped something beneath the collar. Aoi took it, unfolded the paper and read.

If I'm not back in ten minutes, the Koiwai that you see later is a fake.

Yoji tailed Koiwai down the hallway, keeping a safe distance. Koiwai went straight into the men's restroom Yoji frowned. Following behind, he saw Koiwai entering into one of the last cubicles. Yoji did the same. The door of every cubicle was so well covered but you can't even see the feet! Maybe, that's why he was able to switch. But how?

The sound of flushing came. The door opened. Yoji nearly had a shock. The man who came out looked like Koiwai. Same sunken eyes and bony cheeks. Could he be the Koiwai or someone else? He wasn't sure at all. Koiwai walked past him calmly. Yoji quickly entered the cubicle. Bending down, he checked for any thing, under the toilet bowl, behind it. But nothing was found. He flipped up the edge of his collar and whispered.

“Omi… you there? I need help…”

“Yup, Yoji-kun,” answered a voice. “My sensors detect an electrical signal near your right hand. Check there.”

“My right hand?” He looked a roll of toilet paper near his hand. “Toilet paper?” He removed it. “Nothing here. No, wait.” He pulled the metal thing that previously held the toilet paper, it moved, revealing an extreme thin control panel. “Bingo.” Pulling out a wire, he plugged it to the control panel. “Your turn, Omi.”

The buttons begin to flash in a spiral manner before ending it in a vertical pattern - 258. The toilet automatically flushed and the floor beneath Yoji sunk down to the darkness. Yoji looked up and saw the light vanishing.

“Omi, can you hear me?”

“Of course, except the signal is a bit weak. You are now at the underground basement of the hotel. When you reached the bottom, go straight down. It will lead you to a room.”

“Ok. Where are Ken and Aya?”

“They are dealing with the security now. Shouldn't take that long. After you are done, leave.”

“I know that.”

Yoji run down the dark hallway and sees a room ahead. He slowly turned the knob and let open a small gap. He heard a girl crying and another witch- like male voice.

“Yes… Cry… cry some more… I love it when women cry… it excites me… so much that I can't stop myself from killing you.”


Minutes later…

Aoi looked at his watch. It was fifteen minutes already. Koiwai had returned and resumed in his enjoyment. It was extremely difficult to determine if that man was the real Koiwai. He looked like him, talked him, and moved in the same gestures as him. How was he going to prove that he's a fake? His eyes scanned for anything that he could use. Then, he noticed the glasses of freshly poured alcohol. Walking swiftly towards them, Aoi quickly took a glass. He surveyed the table and spotted the decorative lit candles on the silver candlesticks. Taking one of them, he placed the flame into the alcohol, causing a tiny fire to burn within the glass barrier. Aoi smiled. Show time.

Taking brisk steps, Aoi made his way to the group. In a spilt second, he threw the burning alcohol onto Koiwai's face. The scarecrow screamed in pain. The bodyguards rushed in and pined Aoi to the ground. Koiwai kept on pulling his face and hair. Aoi struggled to free himself but the crushing weight of the bodyguards was too much for him. Koiwai continued to pull his face, which was mysteriously lengthened each time he pulled. With one final pull, Koiwai pulled something off his face. A thin floppy of plastic burnt in the flames. The Koiwai rubbed his face with his slightly burned hands. His body shook with his sudden escape of death. Everybody in the ballroom stared at the Koiwai impostor. His eyes were not sunken and his cheeks were rounder. He stood there, his lips quivering.

“I knew it! I knew it!” boomed a familiar voice. “Arrest this man immediately. And you goons better released him. He's one of us. Listen here, people. I want you to leave this place now. This place is declared as a crime scene. You heard me, get going!”

“Takahashi…”

Takahashi turned and pulled Aoi onto his feet. He stared at Aoi for a moment before he said.

“Nice haircut. Where's Koiwai?”

“I don't know.” A stinging heat slapped across his face.

“Aoi, you'll be in hell if you don't tell me the truth. In fact, you are already in trouble, coming here unauthorized.”

“I told you, I don't know. Yoji went after him …”

“Yoji?” Takahashi held his breath. “Hey, you. The Koiwai impersonator. Where's the real Koiwai? Tell me and maybe you could get a lighter sentence than your boss!!”

“Please… I'll take him to you where he kills all those girls,” the impersonator begged.

“Then start moving!!!” Takahashi pushed him roughly.

Meanwhile, Natsumi, Yoriko and Miyuki showed up after Takahashi and his team left the ballroom. Yoriko run towards Aoi.

“Aoi-chan, you are alright!!!” she hugged him.

“Yoriko? Natsumi? Miyuki? What are you doing here?”

“The same we want to ask you,” answered Natsumi, wrapping her arm on Aoi's neck. “And what have you done to your hair? It's short and you are wearing a tuxedo!”

“It's a long story. Tell you about it later. I'm really worn out.”

Takahashi kicked down the door of the secret room. The wicked odour of blood welcomed his nostrils. In a corner, was girl tied and blindfolded. Tomo went forward to her.

“She's fine. Just scared.” He untied her.

“Where's Koiwai?” demanded Takahashi, stumbling upon something on the ground. He flashed his torchlight down and saw a dead body. Placing his hands on the shoulder, he turned the body aside. The sunken eyes bulged out of their sockets. The tongue stuck out of the mouth. A wrathful red line bleeded across the neck.

“He's taken out like Ishimaru. Just as well.”
 
 
To be continued