You're Under Arrest Fan Fiction / Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ An Enemy of Women is my Enemy ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5
 


“Aoi Futaba”

“Hai, Chief,” said Aoi, standing at the Chief's desk. Everybody was standing behind, keeping his or her fingers crossed, praying that Chief would be lenient and let Aoi off the hook.

“Aoi Futaba. Yesterday, you went undercover to the suspect's place unauthorized. Do you deny this?”

“No.”

“Do you understand the consequences that you will be facing?”

“Yes, I'll accept them.”

Yoriko held her breath and clung on to Natsumi's arm. Nakajima bit his lips. Miyuki stood as calm as possible with her arms crossed. Toukairin stood still, his face stern.

The chief gave a deep sigh and opened a file that he has tapping on throughout the whole time. Holding the file up to his face, he read.

“Though Aoi Futaba is found guilty for going undercover unauthorized, he will not be charged due to the outstanding record that he has. However, he is warned not to do so in the future.”

He closed the file and looked at Aoi's surprised face. Then, he tilted his head a little and saw everybody's delighted expression. He smiled and resumed his speech in a serious tone.

“Well, Aoi. You heard what the people at the headquarters have said. Next time don't get into trouble. Understood?”

“Yes sir!” Aoi saluted.

“Yokatta!!!” cried everybody in chorus, each one congratulating him. In the midst of the excitement, Aoi spotted Takahashi standing at the end. He slightly waved his hand and walked away. Aoi quickly excused himself from the bubbling group and chased after him.

“Takahashi.” He called.

Takahashi turned around.
“You called me?”

“Thank you, Takahashi.” Thanked Aoi, bowing his head.

“What for? I didn't do anything.”

“But the people at headquarters wouldn't have let me off if it wasn't for you.”

“Just take it as a payment for punching at you for no reason.” He fidgeted. “Say, do you know where Yoji is at the moment, now? I have to thank him for solving the case for us though…”

“Though?”

“Though Koiwai has been found dead like Ishimaru.”

“WHAT???”

“Let's go for a ride, shall we?”

Somewhere on the road…


“Okay, so let's go through the whole entire story that has been giving us sleepless nights,” Takahashi speeded just before the traffic light turns red. “Though Ishimaru and Koiwai are rivalries in business, they shared a sick thing - which is killing women together. Later on, they hit the jackpot in the market, set up their disco pubs under another name, which one of them gets their own supply of women. Somehow, they swore an oath of secrecy to each other. It's an amazing thing that they managed to keep the oath. However, it wasn't enough for either one of them. The blood thirst in them increased and their desire grows. At the same time, these bastards went cocky since we were not able to obtain concrete evidence to nail them to the stake. But we are patient and we waited until either one of them make a mistake. Ishimaru was the first because he was often seen at the same disco pubs. So, I asked you to help us with this since you have experience in this area. However, Ishimaru was killed. Naturally, I thought that Koiwai sent an assassin to do so. Maybe, he was afraid of Ishimaru's boldness. The thing that bothers me the most is how Ishimaru and Koiwai managed to be at his function the same time when the murder happens. Thus, leads to the actor theory, which you and Yoji solved for us. At around two a.m., the asshole would leave, go to the bathroom - very nicely done because it's a public place and this sets me off the track - and does his little switch. Have his despicable fun, have his men dump the body some where else.”

“Though the case is now closed, an unexplained pain in my neck has not been settled. And that is who killed Ishimaru and Koiwai? What does he gain from all of this? This is really puzzling because Ishimaru confessed his crimes to you and you also blow the Koiwai impersonator's cover. This leads to only one person, I can think of. Yoji”

“No way!” disagreed Aoi, shaking his head. “There's no way he could do it.”

“Just think about it, Aoi. He was at Ishimaru's party. You saw the photo that the cameras took. After Ishimaru shot you, he appeared, including that pathetic undercover that Natsumi, Toukairin and I did at Koiwai's second last party. Then, he brought you to the disco, which so coincidentally belongs to Koiwai. The owner and bargirl were killed. Then, he brought you to Koiwai's party last night where he followed the real Koiwai leaving you to tackle the fake. I bust in. The fake reveals everything including the hidden room where the last victim was found. Thank goodness, she's alive but Koiwai is dead. Strangled to death, like Ishimaru and the owner of the disco club. Three identical deaths and all of these three unnatural deaths were done by the same person.”

“That doesn't mean that Yoji is the one, you know.”

“That leads to the earlier question that I post - What does he gain from all of this? Remember, I said that we had DNA sample of Ishimaru and Koiwai but they were tampered. Nobody else has excess to these except those involved in the case. Now, the people at the headquarters have checked us and cleared us. The kind of person that is able to excess into the files would have to somebody with the movements of a shadow, coming in and out, unnoticed. And since Yoji was a detective, he is therefore familiar with the organizations of police security systems, including sneaking into parties with a forged pass. Remember that how you two got in?”

“I don't believe this, Takahashi. He help us solved this case and now you are accusing him of being the insider? It is unbelievable.”

“That answers the other question - what does he gains from all of this? I bet he's the kind who can smooth talk women, you know, the romantic man that high school girls fancy. So he wriggles his words into the hearts of those innocent girls and tricked them into meeting him at the pub. What benefits does he make? Well, definitely money! When he sees Ishimaru is getting out of hand, he decides to get rid of them to save his skin.”

Aoi ignored the last sentence. He simply refused to believe that Yoji is capable to doing that. Yet, Takahashi did made a few points. Yoji did disappeared after Takahashi and his team appeared. His car was gone too. From the report, he read that that some of Koiwai's bodyguards were killed as well. Plus, he did see the owner of the disco club. Could it be possible that he killed the bargirl? No, Yoji would never do that. He hated men who cause harm to women. He would never do a thing like that.

Any enemy of women is an enemy of mine. That is what he believes in and this is what I believe in too. Because of him, I was able to gain confidence in myself again. Takahashi is wrong, We'll straightened this out when we meet Yoji.”



“WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE FLORIST SHOP CLOSED DOWN?” yelled Takahashi at the owner of the neighbouring video game shop.

“Its true, officer. They closed down the shop the day before yesterday.”

“The day before yesterday… that was the day you disappeared,” He rubbed his chin. “Oh well,” he surrendered his hands to the air. “I give up. That creep better not let me catch him.”

“So, he's off your list?”

“Listen, pretty boy, I don't have the time to catch brats like him. So, let's go back, shall we?”

“So much for your theory,” Aoi smiled.

“Yeah yeah yeah, we'll let the people at headquarters do the dirt. Hey, you are really happy about this.”

“Of course, he's a good friend.”

“Good friend, whoa, hold on a minute,” Takahashi looked into Aoi's eyes. “Your definition of good isn't what I'm thinking of…”

“OF COURSE NOT!” Aoi pushed him aside and walked away. “See you at the party tonight.”



A joyous occasion rang throughout the late night, the work has paid off and now it is time to relax. Two dark shadowy figures sat at the back door of the pub, there were Takahashi and Toukairin.

“I have to thank you, mountain boy,” said Takahashi, gulping down a can of beer. “If it isn't for your help, I wouldn't be drinking beer tonight.”

“Your welcome,” replied Toukairin. “Takahashi…”

“What?”

“ ;You know about the insider who tampered with the DNA files.”

“Yeah, what about him?”

“Aoi told me that you thought that it was the florist.”

“So?”

“I think that you might be right. He's disappeared after Ishimaru and Koiwai are both killed…”

“Listen to me, mountain boy,” He playfully pulled Toukairin's collar. “Whether he did it or not, it's not my damn business. Besides, I don't think that he did anyway. He's just of those people who want to make the police look stupid. Leave the whole alone, will you? I really tired of this.” He cut the air with the can. “It's over! Done and gone! Got that?”

“Yeah, ok.”

“I better get going. Go home to my family. I miss sleeping with my wife, you know that?” Takahashi stood up, staggering a little.

“Want a lift?”

“No no no,” His pitch slurred a bit. “You better go inside and take care of your woman. She's a good drinker, you know.”

“Yeah, see you soon.” Toukairin stepped in then he stepped out again. “You sure you don't want a lift?”

“Will you get going, you scout boy!” shouted Takahashi. “I'm fine. Fine as can be.” He grinned sheepishly while Toukairin returned back into the pub.

Takahashi staggered towards the car park, leaning his whole body onto his car. He fumbled his pockets for the key for some time before he got in and started the engine. The silver BMW moved into the main road and raced off. Half- sleepy half drunk, he drove the car until it reached a traffic light. A bright light from behind glared into his front screen. Takahashi cursed and turned around. He sees a green sports car.

Who the hell does the guy think he is? Never mind I'll give him a punch or two.

Takahashi stopped the engine, unlocked the door and stepped out. The driver of the green sports car did the same. From the drunken state of Takahashi, the driver appeared to be wearing a purple suit with a white strip down in the middle. Blonde hair and sunglasses.

“Who are you?” demanded Takahashi.

Thin silver glowed in the dark.

“Who are you?” Takahashi trembled at the sight. “What do you want?”

“An enemy of women is an enemy of mine. Kazumi Takahashi. And you are my enemy.”

The End
 
 
 
 
 
Continuing....
'Grey'
4 months after Kazumi Takahashi's death, the Police headquarters had decided to approval Bokuto Station's petition in opening an investigation in Takahashi's mysterious death. Following the clues of the previous crime scenes, Aoi Fubata had yet to learn about Yoji's true identity as Weiß Kreuz. Meanwhile, Yoji had his own troubles in hiding the truth from Aoi while dealing with his quest for redemption...
The world we live in is not black or white, just Grey...