+Anima Fan Fiction ❯ PIRATE THING OKAY W.E ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

1
I never liked the opening sentence of a book. They are so important in the judging of the rest of the book. People put so much pressure on the opening sentence to be good. You always see on signs in libraries tell you to read the first sentence or the first paragraph. That's a lot of pressure on some words to be good. Keep in mind this is not a cliché book about a nerd who will be picked on then become popular and get the guy you have the wrong book. Don't judge by the this paragraph read on and learn about pirates and what it likes when being a girl and ruling the sea don't go hand in hand.
Trezlana struggled to get all one-hundred and twenty-one of her compass collection into her bag. She still hadn't told her dad and four brothers of her plans to leave and she didn't see why she should it would just make everyone sad. She figured one late night in the next little while she would just slip out. What harm would be done. BLANG! She got her bag shut and fell onto her bed with force. She struggled to get up and kicked her ugly bag under her bed. Just as expected her father rushed in with a musket.
“Father I'm fine I just took a tumble.” Trezlana said faking rising from the floor. She whipped invisible dust off her pants. That's when the beautiful idiot her dad called a wife walked in.
“Dear! Are you hurting?” She asked.
“No” Trezlana snapped. Her father looked at her shocked.
“My apologies, I'm just angry because I hurt my self I need some air.” Trezlana brushed briskly past her father and his wife out of her chamber into the main room. Her brothers were all there to watch the final showdown.
“Trezzzlana, my daughter come back.” Her mother shouted.
“Tre…la…na do you have that MOTHER!” Trezlana nearly exploded she was so sick of people calling her by the incorrect name.
“Trezlana maybe you should go out for a while.” Her oldest brother suggested getting Trezlana her jacket. Her father's wife had not said anything she was in shock from Trezlana calling her mother. Trezlana rushed out of old door it creaked loudly as it shut.
“Another thing I won't miss.” Trezlana muttered. She was almost at the end of her homes dirt and rocks path when she turned around to see her house. The paint was peeling away and the door was falling apart at the hinges. Every window had a piece of wood covering a hole in the glass. Her little garden she tried to make when she was 10 was still there. It was just a big circle of dirt in front of the house. Trezlana looked around at all the houses that all looked like her paint chipped and old. She was just about to walk away when her father's wife boomed out of the house with lipstick and a dress in her arms.
“Darling! Daring! Tomorrow night is the big ball the whole town will be there I picked up this dress for you!” Her father's wife showed her the most revolting pink dress. It looked like a giant flower with many frills and lace. Trezlana shook her head her hair whipped at her face.
“I don't want to attend a ball I know I'm not the girl you want me to be and I never will be.” Trezlana turned her back and walked farther away.
“I know your leaving.” Her mother shouted. Trezlana turned around. Her mother was looking at her as if she had won.
“I am not!” Trezlana lied.
“I saw your bag and you weren't hurt you look fine and your walking fine.” Her mother looked almost sad. Trezlana how ever was nothing but angry. She wanted to slip out unnoticed now her plan was ruined.
“Okay mother you got me I'm leaving in two nights now are you going to go tell father?” Trezlana stared questionable at her mother.
“Come to the ball and I won't” Her mother smiled.
“Why do you want me to come to the ball so bad?” Trezlana asked putting her hands on her hips.
“Because you may not like me and you aren't the daughter I wanted either but I at least want you to come to this ball.”
“Fine!” Trezlana growled and she stormed back into the house slamming the rickety door at the hinges so hard they never squeaked again. Her mother followed in after her a smiled pasted on her hideous face.

The next day came faster than a lightening and didn't intend on leaving fast. Trezlana slept in till noon because she was up all night packing her mother was not pleased.
“Trezlana sleeping in till 1:00 in the after noon is not a good way to start your one night of beauty queen.” Her mother squealed as she rushed to Trezlana with some juice in her hand. Trezlana looked around with a daze.
“Where's everyone?” She asked bitterly.
“There gone.” Her mother rushed her to the bathroom. “So...Why are you leaving?”
Trezlana glared at her. “If you must know I'm leaving to be a…..pirate” Trezlana whispered the last words.
“A pirate” Her mother gasped.
“Yes! I mean seriously it would be so cool and I am leaving soon.” Trezlana smiled.
Her mother asked “When?”
“Yah like I'm going to tell you” Trezlana laughed. Her mother looked angry but didn't push Trezlana for answers as she vigorously scrubbed Trezlana's face with a rag. Trezlana's skinned turned from a deep tan appearance to a very pale look.
“Gosh! You're filthy!” Her mother gasped scrubbing harder. Trezlana pushed her hand away.
“STOP!” She huffed trying to brush out her hair Trezlana sat there and went threw her plan again in her mind.

Tonight after I make an appearance at this ball I will just go in slip out come here change and make a run for the bar not to far away.

“Okay now we need to get you to eat some healthy food before we get you into dress and such” Her mother had taken some time to prepare omelets. Trezlana bitterly took bites. To really make her mother bad she chewed like a cave man with her mouth wide open. Her mother glared at her so she stuffed more food in her mouth.
“So I pirate that sounds fun” Her mother said trying to make conversation.
Trezlana chocked a little and coughed “Yah it will be I can't wait to leave.”
“When are you planning on leaving us?” Her mother pressed on for answers.
“Tonight and I don't seek to return.” Trezlana bitterly sipped her tea.
Her mother didn't take the bait but, she did end the conversation.

2
The rest of the day passed as slowly as if it were a thousand years. Trezlana just bit her lip and bared it knowing that in hour's time she would be out of this place and never returning. The hour creped by slow as a snail. Trezlana finally got sick and tired of this useless dance. She rose from her seat and trotted out of the dance she was very unhappy about this night. She was at least a kilometer from the dance when she could see the vague light of a few men smoking cigars. The smoke surrounded them in the most disturbing way. Trezlana got an uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach of the men looked her way. They made their way towards her.

Trezlana turned and ran toward the direction on the pub. She ran for her life these men frightened her. As she arrived at the gates that surrounded houses jumping the fence ripped her dress. Trezlana landed in a small yard that was dark and had multiple crates in one corner she ran for that corner hoping to again hop the fence. The sound of the boys made her speed up she was about to get to the fence when one grabbed her foot and pulled her into one of the crates. Before she could scream a hand was on her mouth. A voice whispered “It's okay I'm not going to hurt you I saw you running from those men and I'm helping you.” The stranger removed their hand and Trezlana didn't speak. She could here the men approach and stop. The argued about being to slow and then left. Trezlana finally breathed a loud sigh. The girl with her in the crate lit a small match and held it up.

The face of the women no older then Trezlana starred about the small crate. Her face was smudged in mud and she wore clothes like a pirate. Her body was masculine though her face so feminine.
“Those guys always chase after you girls” she said.
Trezlana snorted. “I could be on a ship at open sea dressed as a man if it wasn't for my evil mom.”
“When are you leaving?” The stranger quizzed.
“Tonight and I have no intention to return” Trezlana sighed.
“I'm Annie and I to am going to be a pirate” Annie explained.
“Would you like to join me?”
“Would I ever!”
“I'll meet you at the dock by sunrise.”


Trezlana's walk home was cold and long but she didn't see those men again. Her family was fast asleep when she arrived so she snuck in the front door. The floor creaked in the main chamber as she stepped. Once in her room she ripped off the once was pink dress it was brown and now looked much better then at first. She tied up her hair not bothering to try to get the mess out of it and hid it in a pirate's hat. She used bandage to flatten her chest as much as possible and put on a large shirt. She used to vest to make herself look bigger. Once she was ready in full men looking pirates clothing she packed good clothing for when she found Keiza's ship.

Keiza was a legend in this time. They say she jumped from ship to ship as a fake man trying to find a place to be accepted as a girl. Only when she got so fed up with that life did she slay the captain and the crew and command the ship with girls only. Trezlana wanted to get to her ship so bad.

Dawn came fast and cold fo
rcing Trezlana to send off earlier then she had been hoping. When she arrived at the dock Annie was there with a small bag hanging low off her broad shoulders.
“Good you're here.” Annie sighed pushing more hair up into her pirate hat. “I have been here for quite some time awaiting your arrival.”
Trezlana ignored this comment. “Let's get onto…that ship.” She pointed out a ship was dark wood and very black sails.
“Are you sure about this?”
“Please, pirates except anyone on their crew everyone knows that.” They climbed aboard the ship and eyed the sleeping crew that had passed out on the deck rum bottles rolled around the deck with the rock of the boat.
“Come on.” Trezlana whisper shouted to Annie. The two of them slowly climbed onto the ship and tip toed down the stairs. Their were a couple empty cots amongst the cots that carried drunken pirates. Trezlana creped to the closest cot and slowly got on. She watched Annie get on the cot beside her and shut her eyes. It was only a few minutes until Trezlana angrily opened her eyes again. She couldn't sleep she was wide awake with a mixture of fear and excitement. She listened to the sound of the waves crashing against the sides of the ship and watched the light spread over the land as the sun rose for the day.
“GET UP MEN!” Some one shouted. Trezlana jumped out of her cot and ran up onto the deck. “This is a disgrace. Clean up this mess and then we must set out to open sea.” Once on deck you could see the Captain plain as day. He had a dirty hat the was possibly once white and a nose that looked like it had been broken to many times. His eyes didn't seem to have pupils. They quickly cleaned up throwing the bottles over the edge onto the docks. Trezlana kept stopping to see if anyone was looking at her. No one ever was. Finally they set out onto the ocean and began their voyage to somewhere.
“We need to find Keiza.” The captain shouted angrily. Trezlana heart leaped. “That wench best be killed as soon as possible.”
“Why!” Trezlana shouted.
The captain glared at her. “There isn't enough room on the open sea for women. No women not be welcome on any sea a sail on.”
Trezlana curled in her fists, but felt Annie touch her shoulder. She tried to calm down. She knew not all men were like him and she just waited patiently for the hope of meeting Keiza. It took only ten minutes at the most before the land was floating away and they were quite a ways out and that's when it happened.
“Trezlana!” Some one screamed. Trezlana looked around and saw her brothers flowing out onto the docks screaming her name. She ducked down and pretended to be looking for something.
“Are those your brothers?” Annie asked walking up beside her.
“Yes. They can't see me I love them, but if they see me.” Trezlana let a tear run down her face. She watched as her brothers slowly left the docks. “Oh god what have I done I can't be a pirate.”
“ALRIGHT MEN!” The captain shouted. “We be needing to find that Keiza women. Her sea life be ending soon.”
As they rode out onto open sea Trezlana noticed a ship floating sadly in the middle of the ocean.
“Attack!” Some one shouted and the ship picked up speed. Trezlana ran down the stairs and to a cannon that she began to load up. She looked out the small square hole to see the men on the ship running about frantically. They were approaching when there was a boom and the ship space beside Trezlana blew open. She suppressed the urge to scream like a girl. She fired off a cannon and watched as it tore a hole in the ship. The rampage and terror went on for at least a whole two minutes. It died down slowly. Trezlana was so unaware of how scary it was on a ship. The man text to her looked out and small crack and his eyes went wide seconds later his face was blasted with a cannon ball and he was ripped out of ship. There was silence then the captain spoke.
“Okay people get the plank we have to board their ship.” He cried.
They threw down the plank and shimmied across the waves blew made Trezlana feel sick. Finally she landed and found Annie.
“Thank god I'm going crazy this is so harsh I can't do this.” She cried.
“I'm scared to, but you need to get control her you are not leaving me.” Annie grabbed her shoulders and shook Trezlana till she was near dead.
“It's too much I had no idea how hard this was.” Trezlana started running over the plank, but slipped. There was a bloody curdling scream as Trezlana free fell into the water flat on her back. She didn't surface instantly and some one beside Annie dove in. Under the water Trezlana was panicking she was kicking her feet, but the surface was going further away. She felt weak scared and her lungs were growing tight. The glassy surface smashed open when something entered the water. Her arm was harshly grabbed and she was pulled to the surface. It was very blurry and people words were far apart. Something landed in the water next to her. She grabbed a wooden board and was pulled to the back of ship where some how and climbed up and over the starboard side coughed up a good bit of sea water before falling down.
“See why we don't panic at sea.” A tall handsome man said to her as she whipped her face.
“I didn't panic…,” Trezlana became defensive.
“I know seeing all those dead bodies can be shocking at first to think of how they had family's and lives is scary, but most of them had nothing to lose.” He smiled as if that was helpful. “I'm Robert.” He offered his hand. It was rough and callused which made Trezlana shiver. She looked at her small fragile hands.
“I can't do this.” She whispered to quiet for anyone to hear.
“Stay strong!” The captain grabbed her shoulder harshly. “Come with me to my office.”
Trezlana sat down in a molded chair and starred at the moth eaten curtains and dusty parchments with maps on them.
“You have a good will for piracy your clearly a driven man. You just are in culture shock.” The captain explained. Trezlana shook her head yes she supposed he was right.
“That's why I'm trusting you with some very important information.” The captain picked up a small box no bigger than a mug.
“If I die you have to protect this and keep it safe.” He said darkly.
Trezlana went to open it, but his hand covered the lid.
“Don't look unless I die.” Trezlana excited quickly wanting to get the hell out of that place. Annie approached quickly.
“Oh my god fix your chest!” Annie whispered quickly.
“What?” Sure enough one side of Trezlana's bandage chest flattener had came loose and it looked like she had a breast growth problem. “Cover me.”
Trezlana adjusted it and then went down to her bunk placing the box into her bag.
“What's that?” A crackling voice asked. Trezlana jumped out of her skin and whipped around.
“Who's there?” She drew her sword and looked ready to battle.
“Put that down. We be on the same crew ain't we.” The voice said again.
Trezlana looked at the dark shadow and ran up the stairs not looking back scared of what she may see. Already men were hard at work to fix the ship. Extra wood was being carried off the lost ship to patch holes as other men carried their gold and valuable's to them. Barrels of rum were rolled across the plank as well. Trezlana was told to sit down until she felt okay.
When she finally crawled onto her cot she was to tired to think about how scared she was.
 
 
3
She awoke the next morning in chaos. The captain was shouting at the top of his lungs a stream of words she had once been struck for using and told never to speak with the devil's tongue again. She flipped off her cot and struggled to pull on her shoes as she hopped up stairs. There was chaos everyone was running about in a panic even Annie.
“What's going on?” She shouted to no one in particular.
“Doldrums!” Some one replied.
“It's where there is no current…and no wind flow which means your ship is going-,” A skinny man started, but the captain cut him off.
“No where.” He started to shout. “IF THIS SHIP DOESN'T START MOVING NOW I WILL START KILLING PEOPLE FOR FOOD!” The captain drew his musket.
“There is no way to get going!” Annie howled as she threw something over board.
“Do we die?” Trezlana asked Annie the fear cracking her voice.
“If we don't have enough food…yes we die.” Annie looked at the floor.
“My good lord. I can't die. I'm not ready for this what did I think I was doing. I should have stayed like everyone told me to.” Trezlana was deep into crazy mode.
“Your going to live we will make some oars or try to get to the ship and find some.” Robert smiled.
“Oars?” Trezlana tilted her head to the side.
“Yes, Ones big enough to put out the cannon holes and row the ship.”
Trezlana nodded, but she still didn't fully understand. She was helping a few men carry and nail together large planks to get to the ship that had moved at least thirty feet away. They placed it on the edges of each ship and slowly one man moved across the wood cracked and whined under his weight under it started to give way. He ran and jumped to the other side just making it.
“I'll find the oars…you guys find a way for me to make it back.” He went down the stairs and out of sight. There was a moment of silence before he returned with long oars for men to use. He passed them across and looked at us all blankly.
“Well how do I get back.” He said. The captain pulled out his gun.
“You don't.”
“NO!” Trezlana jumped on the captain's arm so his gun shot straight down into the water. “Go grab that rope climb up their and swing across.”
He did as he was told and was soon standing on the ship with the rest of them.
“I can't believe you were going to shoot me!” He said angrily to the captain.
The captain glared and everyone and stormed off to his quarters slamming the door behind him self. No one could believe it. The man was going to kill him just like that as if taking his life was a price to pay. They quickly went to work getting the cannons secured against the walls and pushing the oars out. Two men to an oar they began to row. In two ours in seemed they had barely moved. Trezlana was sweating buckets when she finally dropped that oar to the ground and went down to the bottom of the ship and rolled a barrel of rum up the stairs she cracked it open and took a big swig gasping for air. The other men pulled out cups and mugs and began to drink.
“Annie…maybe we should get off at the next stop and go…home.” Trezlana sighed starring at the locket from her mother that hung around her neck.
“Never. I came here for a reason and that was to be a pirate and just because you don't feel like a pirate now doesn't mean you never will or never can. You are a pirate!” Annie tried to say her voice cracking with shaky breathes.
 
Soon three days past and there was no more food left. Trezlana sit at the crows nest drinking the last of the rum it burned on its way down. She cringed and tried to enjoy it anyways. Annie sat across from her starring at the box the captain had given Trezlana. Of course she had told any.
“Why do you think he trusted you?” Annie looked at it closely. They had chosen not to open it mostly to respect the captains wishes and mostly because they truly feared what was inside.
“I find it funny he trusts me and I'm the thing he hates the most in the world.” Trezlana smirked.
Annie peeked over the edge of the crows nest and noticed the whole crew had gone down stairs.
“We need to get out of here.” She said grabbing the rope and swinging down. Trezlana quickly followed a confused look on her face. “The food supply is running low and now we drank the last of the rum we need to get out of here now. We will take this tiny boat.”
Annie pulled on a rope and a small ship dropped down into the water. She grabbed a few bottles of rum and her bag. Trezlana quickly grabbed her bag and climbed into the ship.
“We need to be out of site by the time they get tired of rowing. They will shoot at us if they can see us.”
“Okay…,” They started to row and made it out into the sunset before they started flowing onto the deck.
“Hurry up.” Annie whispered they struggled to try to get out of sight just a little farther. That's when the gun shots started. Luckily they didn't have good long distance aim. Eventually the girls were out of sight and safe to stop rowing. The waves crashed against the side of the boat as they drifted farther out to sea.
Trezlana set out her compasses and a map.
“Okay is that was is north and we are going east we will arrive at…I'm not sure.” Trezlana sighed. Annie looked at the map and rolled her eyes.
“Hopefully we come across a ship…or an island.” Annie and Trezlana drank rum in their tiny ship until they lay passed out empty bottles rolling back and forth at a faster pace they crashed against each other when their was the sound of distant thunder that awoke the girls hastily.
“Wha's going on?” Trezlana rolled onto her stomach looking into the sky.
Thick black clouds were closing in on their tiny escape ship. They started to row in the other direction when rain began to poor on their heads.
“WHAT NOW?” Annie screamed over the roar of the thunder. The waves grew bigger and crashed against the boat. The pair rowed with all their strength until they saw a high tall wave go high in the sky and crash down on their heads. Trezlana let out on last scream before she saw a blur of water rush into her face. She resurfaced and called for Annie who shouted back again she was swept under and pulled in many different directions. She came up for more air and heard Annie calling for her. The sky was black and Trezlana couldn't see a thing. Other splash took her under water. She inhaled a large amount of water and came up chocking. There was a rumble and a flash of light. Trezlana was sure she was dead.