+Anima Fan Fiction ❯ Stop Pretending to Sleep ❯ Empty Corridor ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Stop Pretending to Sleep*part 1*
 
Justice? Justice, wake up. You fell asleep in the common room again.”
Justice Gibson opened her eyes slowly taking a moment to remember everything that had happened that night. Science, Dwyer, detention, 3a.m… it was a jumbled mess in her sleepy state.
Justice felt strong arms reach under her back and head and lift her off the couch but she was too tired to comprehend what was going on around her. She was being carried up a flight of stairs and gently set down on a bed that wasn't her own but was just as familiar. She grabbed a pillow and wrapped her arms around it as someone pulled the comforter up and crawled into bed next to her. Justice slept soundlessly for the rest of the night with the same strong arms wrapped protectively around her.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~
Justice woke the next morning in a circular room with two windows and twelve beds coming out from the walls. At the foot of each bed was a small, three-drawer dresser and against the wall was a night table. Most had picture frames and alarm clocks. Some had books or magazines but they were all kept nice and neat.
The bed that Justice woke up in was on the right side of the far window. There was nothing to be seen except rolling green hills and a small lake but Justice had seen it a hundred times before. She rolled over and nudged the boy that lay beside her.
“Kev” she whispered. “Kevin, wake up.”
Kevin rolled over and grunted incoherently. Justice got out of bed and walked over to the dresser at the foot of Kevin's bed, opened the bottom drawer and pulled out a pair of jeans and a black t-shirt sporting a red hexagon with an intricate H design below the right shoulder. It fit perfectly.
There was no one else in the room so she took off the clothes she had worn the day before and changed into the clean ones from Kevin's dresser. She walked over to the nightstand and set a five minute snooze on his alarm clock then quietly tiptoed out of the room and downstairs.
Downstairs in the common room there were students sitting in chairs by the cold fireplace, at the table on the east wall and standing all around. They were all wearing the same t-shirt as Justice. It was the Raven uniform.
Kevin's brother, Jason was reading the bulletin board on the far wall next to the door outside. Jason turned and looked at Justice.
“Hey Jas! Heard you fell asleep on the couch again. You have to stop staying up so damn late!”
“Shut up Jay!” Justice laughed. Jason always called her Jas, ever since she starred in the third grade rendition of Aladdin. I had detention. Apparently Dwyer has a problem with condom balloons on the computer mice. What's on the board today?”
Jason grinned and turned back to the bulletin board. “Well… Erwin Longbottom's looking for his pet toad again… Pricilla George is expressing her love for Tyrone Linington and Percy Weaslet wants to remind everyone to stay on Dwyer's good side until he gets over his bad mood.”
The clock on the wall over Jason's head chimed nine times and everybody rushed for the door so they wouldn't be late for first class. Justice walked out the door and down the hall to the staircase. She walked about two flights down when a hand reached out and pulled her into a hallway full of empty, un-used classrooms.
Hello. Justice right? she turned around and saw a boy with jet-black hair, crystal blue eyes and fair skin. He was wearing jeans and the same shirt as everyone in the Raven common room but his had a green hexagon.
What the hell, Ty? You've known me for ten years! Where are we?”
A place you've never been before, right? Tyrone Linington paused to look around the corridor before looking back at Justice. Follow me, I wanna show you something.” Tyrone reached out for Justice's hand and she stubbornly refused.
“I have to get to class, Ty and so do you. Now come on.” She walked towards the stairs but Tyrone stopped her.
“You know, Justice, most girls would be falling over their own feet if I offered them what I'm offering you.”
Jasmine stopped and without so much as glancing over her shoulder said, Yes well, I'm not most girls am I Ty?” and with that she walked away; down to the second floor for first period English.