.hack//LIMINALITY Fan Fiction / .hack//SIGN Fan Fiction ❯ .hack//CHECK ❯ Death ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4 // Death

"Prepare yourselves!", quipped the man. #Whoosh# He suddenly disappeared. "Huh?"said Stan. From the corner of Stan's eye, he saw something. He slowly turned his head to see the man standing right next to him. "Oh, $#-!", he exclaimed. The man calmly reconnected the two blades, and his sword was formed once again...

Deacon, Naomi, and Stan fell off of their feet as green hexagons flew off of their persons. Big, green letters appeared: PROTECT BREAK.

"Protect break?", said Deacon, "What the hell is that?" Naomi used potions on the party as they all picked themselves off of the floor.

#Whoosh#! "Crap!", yelled Deacon, "He disappeared again!" "DEACON! LOOK OUT!", screamed Naomi! It was already too late. The man had slashed deacon in the back. A big, red 2301 had appeared above Deacon's head. Deacon stumbled forwards just a little bit, but he hadn't been KO'd. Stan had used a full recovery potion on Deacon before the attack hit.

"Enough!", yelled the man in red as he extended his right hand in Deacon's direction. His wrist began to glow, "Data Drain!" "What the-?", blurted Deacon, but before he could finish his sentence, a multi-colored spiral of parallel lines shot from his arm and pierced Deacon's body. His form then pixilated and began to disintegrate into thin air. By the time his body was to hit the ground, Deacon wasn't there.

"You're next!", taunted the man while he aimed his arm at Stan. "OH $-!", shouted Stan. The spiral of lines hit him as his body began to pixilate and disintegrate.

"Good bye.", he aimed his arm at Naomi. She saw the lines approach her...

. . .

Tiffany screamed as she tossed the VR goggles across her room. She sat, breathing heavily as she stared at the screen, blankly. GAME OVER. Tiffany glanced at the goggles as they lay in the corner. Shaking, she turned off her computer, and walked out of the room. She put on her coat, and left her apartment.

. . .

10 p.m. Tiffany walked back into her apartment and placed her coat onto the rack the way she always does. She then plopped onto the couch, grabbed the remote, and turned the television on.

...

"ABC 7 News. Chicago's number 1 news."

"Good evening, I'm Trent Kengo.", said the man "Today, in Seattle, a man in his twenties was found dead in front of his computer. Investigators say that he was playing 'The World III' when he died...."

...

Seattle? thought Tiffany But, that's where Deac lives...

Oh my...