.hack//LIMINALITY Fan Fiction / .hack//SIGN Fan Fiction ❯ .hack//CHECK ❯ Shadow ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 15 // Shadow

"What the hell is he talking about?", asked Stan.

Naomi turned her head to look at Stan who was standing next to her. "In the Bible, Naomi had two daughters-in-law. One named Ruth, the other Orpah. Their husbands, Naomi's sons, had died.", she began to stare at Swan in the corner of her eye, "Naomi was devastated by the loss of her sons, and told Ruth and Orpah to leave, find new husbands, and make new lives. Orpah left, but Ruth stayed, and refused to leave."

"You've lost me. None of that relates to what's going on here.", said Stan.

"My sister. Her name in RL is Orpah. She plays WIII as well."

"So?"

"I don't know how, but this guy, he really does know who we are."

"Yeah, well, to you, that may be disturbing.", said Stan, "But, I live in the public eye. Nothing this guy says can surprise me. I'm freakin' famous."

"Your point?"

"Let's just kick his ass!" Stan pointed his spear at Swan.

Naomi looked at Stan in surprise for a brief moment. She, then, fixed her gaze on Swan.

"Right on! Ready?"

"Steady?"

"Go!"

They both began to rush Swan. "Heh, heh, heh... Well, this is new...", commented Swan, "Data Drain: Resurrection!" He raised his arms, and two white wireframes shot from the ground, and began to fill with color. The character models looked familiar. They were the character models of Deacon and the head GM. The GM was wearing a heavy looking, deep purple robe. His eyes were a cold, gray color, and he had no hair. In one hand, he held a golden scepter. In the other, a rapier. They started to move forwards...

#Slash, slash, slash#

Without stopping, Naomi and Stan had slashed through the two character models, and were moving to attack Swan.

"Phoenix Barrage!", shouted Naomi as her blades began to glow.

"Satsu no Hou!", roared Stan as his spear's blade began to rend the ground below.

A red streak went right through Swan, launching him into the air, as a giant red 4000 rose from where he was previously standing. Immediately afterwards another red streak shot from the ground and pierced through Swan. A red 5000 rose from his being as Stan appeared above him.

"Double Entente Excelsior!" They both yelled.

Swan grinned as he began to fall to the ground, he then somersaulted, and landed on both feet. "Not bad. But, I've exhausted all of the fun here. It's time for me to go." #Whoosh!# Swan, disappeared again. The two assumed defensive positions.

Two minutes passed.

"Whew...", said Naomi as she plopped down, and sat in the tall grass. Stan slung his spear over his shoulder. "So, like who's gonna win this competition? I think we're the only two contestants left...", said Stan.

#Thuck, Thuck, Thuck, Thuck, Thuck#

Several small daggers surrounded Stan. "What the-?!", Began Stan.

#BA-BOOM!#

Stan went flying skywards from the large explosion. He tumbled for a bit before his ghost hit the ground, and vanished.

"STAN!?!", Naomi sprang up, and assumed a defensive position.

From the dense forest nearby, a shadow sprang. "One down, one to go! What an easy win.", bragged the voice.

"Show yourself!", shouted Naomi.

"I already have...", said the voice. Suddenly, the voice was sounding behind Naomi.

"What are you? Who are you?", inquired Naomi.

"I am called Fang. I am just a shadow.", said the voice.

A Shadow?, she thought.