.hack//LIMINALITY Fan Fiction / .hack//SIGN Fan Fiction ❯ .hack//CHECK ❯ Find ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 22 // Find

. . .

"So, you're cutting the funding?"

"Look at him! He's a vegetable. This project was a failure!"

"NO!"

"What?"

"I said 'no'!"

"Who do you think you are, little lady?"

"This project doesn't fail until the subject dies!"

"Let's get one thing clear. I don't care who you are. If you interfere with the way my business is run, I'll kill you."

"Well... That was pleasant..."

. . .

Naomi leaned towards Deacon, and whispered, "This is World III, and they still haven't been able to get around his foul language filter hack?"

Mastah Pimp walked over to where they stood. "Deacon Blue. 'Tis been a long time. What are ye up to these days?", inquired Mastah Pimp.

"Like always, we're after a bounty.", said Deacon, "You cruise the boards, right? You had to have heard of these 'incidents'."

"Yeah, yeah, I know what yer talking about. So-called 'mysterious disappearances' at the hand of some figure in red."

"So, you know...", said Stan.

"Of course I know, fool.", said Mastah Pimp, "That bastard got Irene, one of my best cyber #$&s. Now, I can't even get me favorite pimp cane back."

Deacon's eyes averted themselves as he pushed up his sunglasses. "Well, Irene's player is dead. As well as a heap of other players."

"How do ye know this?"

"Well, the thing is, you can know, too.", said Deacon Blue, "That's why we were about to search for you."

Mastah Pimp clapped his hands, and the two female characters next to him seemed to become alert. "Go drum up some business.", he said. The two female characters left his side, and ran off to mingle with the crowd.

"Ye need me to search for some info, correct?", said Mastah Pimp.

"Yeah.", said Deacon Blue. "I seem to have hit a dead-end in my searches. I'll transfer some files to you, as well as what I need done. Will you do it?"

Mastah Pimp touched the brim of his hat. "As ye know, I'm constantly searching for new talent.", he said as he walked over to Naomi. He leaned down a bit to look her in the face. "What a fine, young woman.", he continued, "On one condition; she joins with me"

"It's -!", began Naomi.

"HEY!", said a familiar voice, "You leave her alone!" Fang appeared from thin air. "Naomi doesn't want to be involved in that kind of thing!"

Mastah Pimp looked surprised for a second, and quickly regained his composure. "Oh. It's her.", he said. "Okay, Deacon, send yer files."

"Thanks.", replied Deacon Blue. Deacon, Stan, and Naomi turned to walk in the other direction.

"So, Fang,"said Mastah Pimp, "I gather ye came here to ask something as well?"

"Yeah, Is Karen logged on?", asked Fang as he tapped his knuckle with his finger.

"Follow me."

. . .

JackSprat: OK! I sent the files. We'll just have to see what develops.

SexyTiff2509: So, now we wait...

JackSprat: And, you, Danny...

STANspark: Yes, I'm Danny Carter.

JackSprat: You didn't tell us. though it explains a lot...

STANspark: Well, now you know.

JackSprat: You do know that your last movie sucked, right?

JackSprat: What were you thinking? Your other movies were so great...

STANspark: FOR THE LAST TIME! IT WAS THE WRITERS' FAULT!

SexyTiff2509: I don't think the writers can be blamed for unusually bad, stiff, unnatural acting...

JackSprat: True.

STANspark: touche`. . .

SexyTiff2509: The only thing that made me not demand my money back was that nude scene...

SexyTiff2509: Nice butt, btw.

STANspark: . . .

STANspark: on a different subject, we've wrapped up shooting in NY.

STANspark: Guess where we'll be shooting next?

JackSprat: ???

STANspark: Chicago!

SexyTiff2509: Wow! You'll be shooting here?!

STANspark: Yeah! I'll be there tomorrow!

SexyTiff2509: . . .

STANspark: Um, can you pick me up from the airport?

SexyTiff2509: Doesn't the studio pay for those things?!

STANspark: Well, that's kinda the thing... In order to stay in budget,

STANspark: They kinda stopped paying for my expenses.

SexyTiff2509: So they caught on to you, eh?

STANspark: Yeah...

SexyTiff2509: You're trying to keep from hiring a chauffeur, aren't you!?

STANspark: (>_>;)

JackSprat: Well, now that I think about it, I'm kinda overdue for a vacation...

JackSprat: It might be just what the doctor ordered...

SexyTiff2509: Huh?

JackSprat: Well, I haven't taken a vacation since I started working at the FBI. As a matter of fact, today was my first sick day... Ever.

JackSprat: I may need a vacation "doctor's orders"...

JackSprat: Paid, of course...

SexyTiff2509: You want to be picked up from the airport, too, don't you?

JackSprat: Yes, please... (^_^;)