.hack//LIMINALITY Fan Fiction / .hack//SIGN Fan Fiction ❯ .hack//CHECK ❯ Left ( Chapter 32 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 32 // Left
 
. . .
 
“*Sigh*. No matter how hard you try, or what you do, this always happens. You fight for what you believe in, sell your soul, put a price on your friends... ARRGH! Dammit! Darling, something terrible has happened. There are at least two individuals out there who know too much, and now several of the top brass are on their way here to pull the plug.”
 
*Click*
 
“But, I'm not about to let that happen.”
 
. . .
 
“NASH!”, shouted Deacon Blue as he cut through a character.
 
The woman fell to the ground, and began to pixilate.
 
“DAMMIT!”, shouted Fang as he extended his hand towards Swan, and closed his fist, “DOMINO IMPLOSION!!”
 
Swan still smiled as the daggers that permeated his body began to glow. The air around Swan began to crackle and hiss. The daggers began to sink into his person even more. Swan began to crack, and in an instant, erupted in a large fiery blaze.
 
1050696.
 
Suddenly, all of the unmanned avatars froze. The landscape began to distort. Bits and pieces of code began to fly through the air.
 
Naomi, looking puzzled, said, “Huh?”
Deacon Blue walked towards the center of the field, “What's going on...”
“I don't have a good feeling about this...”, said Stan as he knocked one of the paused avatars down.
Fang, standing in front of the blaze said, “Is it over?”
 
Swan's giggle could be heard.
 
Instantly, several beams shot from the sky and pierced the ground. The sky became white, and the ground began to crumble into white nothingness. From nowhere, a strange looking creature, dragon-like in appearance, shot into the blaze.
 
The beams became multicolored parallel lines that orbited and encased the entire area like a sphere. Small pieces of the ground remained, and revolved around the implosion point.
 
“Wha-?!”, said Fang.
 
Before they could even react to what was happening, a figure shot from the blaze, and body checked Fang. Fang flew through several pieces of land, shattering them, and hit one of the rings of parallel lines defining the sphere.
 
“YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!”, shouted Fang in a painful manner.
 
. . .
 
Ian began to scream as he released the controls, grabbed his goggles, and threw them onto the second level of the sphere.
 
Shelley ran over to him. “Are you all right?”, she asked.
 
Ian looked to her, and said, “Aaovieur, avoierhoiuve wouaefhraofu?”
 
Shelley yelled, “He's okay!”
 
. . .
 
Stan, Deacon Blue, and Naomi, standing on small pieces of ground cautiously stared at the figure that floated in the center of the sphere.
 
“Hmph. Pity.”, said the familiar-sounding voice. Before them stood a white-haired man draped in a heavy-looking red leather that flowed in the windless area. His red leather shoulder pads had horns that jutted out, and his armor appeared to have the same, odd orange symbols. His sword, now a bluish-white beam.
 
“Well,” said Swan. “A deal's a deal.” He snapped, and a small sphere of light appeared. “Your sister.” He threw the sphere of light to Naomi, “catch.”
 
Naomi hopped to catch the sphere. It disappeared in her hands.
 
“She should be conscious now...”, Swan said as he floated over to a piece of land, and sat on its edge. “Now... I'm supposing that you're wondering what I've been up to for all of this time...”
 
“Well, that had crossed my mind.”, said Deacon Blue.
 
A holographic screen appeared in front of Stan, Deacon Blue, and Naomi. “What's this?”, asked Stan. The screen showed missiles that were seemingly being moved for use.
 
“Warheads. Hundreds of them.”
 
“WHAT?!”, shot Deacon Blue.
 
“Well, that's the only reason I'm not trying to kill you now. You'll be dead anyway, soon enough.”, said Swan. “Just like the rest of the world.”
 
“I suppose we don't have to ask why.”, said Naomi.
“Mad at the world, eh?”, said Stan.
 
“No and yes.”, replied Swan, “You see they've brought this upon themselves, and they've done so on so many levels I don't think any of us have the time to hear the explanation. There is something funny about this, though...”
 
Naomi, Deacon Blue, and Stan stared at him in silence.
 
“All of these weapons... They are capable of destroying the world ten or twenty-times over. The kicker is that they only have to do the job once.”, continued Swan.
 
Swan stood up. “Bonus round.”, he said as he swung his blade, “But, I don't have much time. If you can defeat me, the sequences will stop. Of course, you can refuse. Tiffany over there could go home to see her sister one last time. Our friend Danny might be able to pick up a couple of women. And, you, Jack... Well, you can probably listen to a couple of those tracks you like so much... ”
 
Deacon Blue readied his stance, and said, “Looks like we don't have much of a choice.” Naomi and Stan readied their stances as well.