.hack//LIMINALITY Fan Fiction / .hack//SIGN Fan Fiction ❯ .hack//CHECK ❯ Epilogue 1 ( Chapter 34 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Epilogue 1 // So...
 
*Sigh*... It's been two weeks since the whole fiasco... Life's too short, you know...
 
A lot has changed since then... Cyber Connect was able to use the info we obtained. Problem was, they were dealing with over a million corpses. Supreme Court is still trying to figure out who's liable. Despite the evidence, it looks like CC is going to take most of the brunt. The funny thing is that even if they aren't primarily liable, they've lost most of their customers. The only ones who'll play after something like that are the insane, or hardcore... Like Ian.
 
We still can't figure out what brought Bonner “back to life”. I mean, once you're dead, you're dead, right? Sure, there were cases of people reviving long after they've been pronounced dead... Well, now that I think about it, maybe that's what happened... It's the only logical explanation... I guess. Hmph. Lucky guy.
 
The elite hacker Mastah Pimp aka Vino has “disappeared”. Lots of sources say that he's been leaving a trail in Africa, but if I know how he works, he's probably in Russia.
 
When I picked Khan up from my sister's place, he was covered in Play-Dough and spaghetti. She tells me that he refused to eat... Her and her husband had to hold him down, and force feed him. I guess he hated the tofu dog food that much... Who the hell would make such a product? Scratch that, who the hell would buy such a product?!
 
Senator Christine Williams died in a plane crash on the same day that Jason Saint died in his coma... Yeah. I don't buy it either.
 
So now, there's nothing to play, really... I could always try to dig up the old console, but they stopped making fun games long ago...
 
I'm on my way to quit my job working at the FBI. Nice people, crappy job, worse pay. What am I going to do now? This may sound crazy, but I'm going to make games... Maybe the next big Massively Multiplayer Online Game. I've saved enough to try something like this, independent game development is on the rise again, and I won't have to compete with The World, so why not? I'm gonna make the kind of game that I want to play - bigger and better than anything before. I can't draw to save my life, though... So I guess that means I'll be needing a graphic designer or something... And, I guess I'll have to keep the probability of player death to a minimum as well.
 
That woman on the bus, the one with the bag lunch, I finally spoke to her not long ago... She's gotten married since I left... Crap. It takes a near-death experience to get me to talk to her, and she goes and marries some guy... Probably the same guy who makes her bag lunch everyday. . . So, I guess that means that they've been dating for a while... I never had a shot.
 
I wonder if Danny can hook me up? Then again, do I really want to meet the women that Danny would introduce me to?
 
Hmmm... Maybe I'll meet someone sometime... `Til then, I'll keep my headphones on.
 
Jack Willows.