.hack//LIMINALITY Fan Fiction / .hack//SIGN Fan Fiction ❯ .hack//CHECK ❯ Epilogue 3 ( Chapter 36 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Epilogue 3 // Okay...
 
It's been two years, but it seems like just yesterday.
 
A couple of weeks ago, some surveillance videos have surfaced showing what really happened to Saint and Williams. Jack said that the timing was a little odd, and that according to an old coworker, the feds were about to bust a hacker they've been tracking for the last two years. Now, it seems that Uncle Sam is scrambling for an explanation for such a discrepancy.
 
My little sister just started college. Mom freaked out and began crying. Every time I speak to her on the phone, I hear her tearing up... I sure hope this doesn't worry Orpah...
 
Ian and Shelley got married... And, I'm still single. I thought I'd be married long before that pathetic wuss.
 
Danny was jilted out of an Oscar. His last movie was a hit, and he didn't do a bad job, either. But, how the heck can he lose best actor to a freaking comedian who was in a COMEDY?! Comedies aren't even supposed to be considered for that kind of thing. He was robbed.
 
Last year, around this time Jack, Danny and I all got together and participated in some kind of race across Europe. It was fun, but I'm never gonna do it again. Lockups suck.
 
The Scramble Arcade went under. Which isn't much of a surprise to me. The place was a ghost town when I was working there. As a matter of fact, the Grand Prix was the only time more than twenty bodies were in the place at one time. Arcades in this country have been practically dead since the turn of the millennium. It was a novel idea, but it just couldn't work. Which makes me wonder who in CC was smoking what when they decided to run such an event?
 
I saw that Starbucks employee not too long ago (it's funny how you can never forget abrasive jerks). Looks like he's working at a music store. I'm just glad I don't play any instruments. He still keeps demanding that people buy things. His picture is on a plaque above the counter. He's the Employee of All Time. Not of the month, not of the year, but of ALL TIME. It's a shame.
 
Now, I'm with Jack and Danny at the International Game Developer's Confrence. It turns out that the game Jack and I were working on has sold a ridiculous amount of units (some 30 million units sold through on the first day.). We've made more money than we care to count (too bad that the other programmers and sound guys wanted payment up front. NOT. Dividing such a sum by two is a lot better than fifty.). They weren't kidding; independent game development is on the rise again... In a couple of minutes, I'm gonna conduct a workshop on Graphic Design and Game Integration. Right now, Jack's running a workshop, and Danny is chatting up some woman he met on the floor.
 
A lot's happened, but nothing's really changed.
 
Tiffany Izen