.hack//SIGN Fan Fiction ❯ BROKEN GATE ❯ BROKEN GATE ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

I watched the darkness cover the field as Toshio stepped back. Realizing what a fool he was for touching the book. A green computer grid covered the sky, and I starred into each box. Thunder and lightning sent chills up my spin. I kept telling myself, "It's only a video game."Toshio turned toward me and starred at me the same way he did when he broke Mom's crystal vase, she had gotten it from Grand pop just before he died. Of course that was a minor accident, so I took the blame. But what was happening now is far from minor. I looked back at him..."Dam it!" I cried. He quivered at the sound of my voice. We were standing here in a level twenty area and I am only a level fifteen! He was a Newbie...that's what we call people when they first become a member in the game. This would have never happened if he didn't touch the book like I told him. I shouldn't be scared right? I mean you're probably thinking that if it's only a video game then y worry? After all, the only thing that will happen is you will get a Game Over and it's all done...But I don't believe that anymore. "Toshio! grab my hand!" I called. His small hands slid into my palm, and a pulled him away from the shining book. Lifting him over my shoulders I yelled, "GATE OUT!" The area had a spark and a few discoloring fits just before we teleported back to a Root Town. During the travel I kept thinking to myself, "Why did I hesitate? It was my little brother and I hesitated to save him." The irony of the whole thing is that I'm a HeavyBlader, and everyone always told me that they were BRAVE,STRONG,TRUST WORTHY characters. Maybe they were wrong.
 
To be continued...