.hack//SIGN Fan Fiction ❯ Of Friendship ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Of Friendship Chapter 1

~*~

Summary: When more characters enter the .hack//Sign picture, things go less than according to plan.

~*~

A/N: I finally decided to write a story for this section. This is based around the events of the show, but I've mixed in my own characters. This should turn out interesting. Oh, and where I got the name for this story: It just popped into my head. It might have something to do with it later. Also, I do have some grudges against CERTAIN people in the show (Like Sora), and I'll try to portray their `annoyingness' in this.

Anyways, enjoy!

~*~

Disclaimer: I only own the original characters. Bandai owns everything else.

~*~

A fourteen-year-old walked down the long store shelves. She saw several other games that she was sure kids were into. But no, she was here for one purpose.

The place, her hometown. The capital of Montana. Who is she? A going-into-freshman kid with a love for RPG games. What's her life like? To put it simply, EVERYTHING in her life was perfect. A loving mom and dad, great friends at school, and plenty of extra money. What does she look like? A perfect physic, golden blonde hair that flows down barely past her shoulders, eyes the color of a clear blue sky, all in a 5'6" tall body.

This girl, she was on a mission in this store. What store? The ever-popular Wal-Mart. At the moment, she was walking down the aisle of Computer Games, looking for one in particular.

She clicked her tongue twice, looking for the cover. A friend had showed it to her, and had also agreed to come with her. This friend had gone to look at the new stock of PS2 Games for a minute. Her parents were off looking for school supplies a month too early.

"Oy! Haven't you found it yet?"

"I know you showed it to me, but I can't remember, Reyla!"

A 5'3" girl walked up beside her friend. She had waist-long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes were the color of rubies that have been shined over and over.

"Teria, it's right here, for heaven's sake!" Reyla sighed, pulling the game off of the shelf.

At that moment, her parents chose to join them. After going to check out the computer made especially for this game, they proceeded to the checkout.

"Another one? Do you have the virtual reality helmet?" the checker asked.

"Oh, oops, let me grab it real..." Reyla started.

"No matter, it's right here," the checker stated, grabbed the box for the helmet.

Teria's parents payed for the game, and they left the store. She couldn't wait to get this set up in her room. After she had finally finished redecorating, her parents had rewired the phone cord hooks in her room. After a quick call to one of her other friends, saying that she finally got it, she took it out of the box.

While Reyla worked on hooking up the computer on Teria's desk, Teria opened up the game and grabbed the manual. She started flipping through it, finding hardly anything interesting in it.

"Make sure you read the section about character job selection, and the look. I didn't and it took forever to figure out what the heck was going on!"

Teria laughed as a doorbell rang through the two-story house. "Probably just some person selling candy," Teria figured, but got up to investigate anyway, bringing the manual with her.

"I'm sorry, but we aren't interesting," came her mother's crystal-clear voice from the entranceway.

"Mom, what's going on?" Teria asked, finally reaching the hallway.

After her mom shrugged her off, Teria went back to her room to find Reyla STILL working with it.

"I'll try and help you as much as I can, but it won't be easy. Maybe I should head home after you set up your character?"

"What, so you can meet me there?"

"That's what I was hoping on. Besides, I promised someone I'd meet them in Mac Anu and introduce you to them."

Teria pulled out an extra chair and sat on it. Finally reaching the section about character development, she started reading on the classes.

"Hey Reyla, what class are you?"

"I'm a Heavy Blade."

Teria looked at the section marked `Heavy Blade' and examined the designs. Figuring that she didn't want to be that, Teria flipped to the Heavy Axeman section for the fun of it. When she saw the design for the female, she gasped.

"What?"

"The Heavy Axeman female class is... is... beautiful. That's definitely what I'm going to be!"

"Suit yourself," Reyla shrugged, going back to the computer.

After another thirty minutes passed, the computer was finally put together. Reyla sighed, putting down the tools that they had been provided with.

"Make sure you call Sheina before you log in. She'll want to see your character as well!"

"Got it, see ya online then!" Teria exclaimed, letting Reyla out of her room.

When Reyla had left, Teria picked up the phone and punched in Sheina's number.

"Hello?" came a voice on the other side.

"Is Sheina there?" Teria asked, carrying the phone back to the kitchen.

Teria opened the refrigerator as she waited for Sheina to get on the line. After finding that she had gone through their supply of snacks again, she went back to her room. Picking up her phone, she turned off the other one, and took it back to where it belonged.

"I'm so sorry Teria, but Sheina's playing right now. Should I leave a message for her?"

"If you could, could you tell her to go to Mac Anu and wait for myself to get there. Tell her that Reyla will be there a bit later. Online, of course."

"Whatever that means, I'll tell her. Goodbye."

Teria hung up her phone and dashed back to her room, barely avoiding a head-on collision with her dad. Putting the phone on the hook, she grabbed the CD for the game.

`The World' was written in bold letters across it, just as it was on the box. Walking over to her new computer, she popped the CD in and slipped on the virtual reality helmet.

`Voice recognition, this is just perfect! Now only I can play with this helmet!'

"Please state your player ID and Character name."

`Hmm...' Teria thought, thinking hard on what she should put.

"Player ID is Teria," she replied, watching as what she said appeared on the screen.

`Forget the keyboard!' she grinned, now thinking hard on her character name.

"Character Name, Reisa."

The letters `R-e-i-s-a' appeared on the screen. Next came the character type selection. Instantly saying `Heavy Axeman', she started to browse.

For her outfit, she choose a top that showed a perfectly fit stomach, seeing as that was mainly the only choice she had. Next, she choose a plain white skirt to match the top. Choosing a medium-sized pair of wings, as was required for all Heavy Axe Females; she next turned to the headpiece.

Instead of a jewel, she choose a spiral paint on her forehead. For her hair color, golden blonde was her definite choice. When the game asked if she wished for a halo or not, it took her a while to decide. Finally opting not to, she watched as the game logged in to show her desktop.

`Sweet!'

A information e-mail was there from CC Corporation, USA. After briefly skimming through it, she found the names of the servers, which she placed in the storage part of her mind.

Looking at the news was too boring, not finding anything worthwhile. She quickly saved the game as a just-in-case so that she didn't have to do all that again.

Finally choosing the option that said `The World', she was brought to another screen. This one had the message board on it. After looking through them all, and once again, finding nothing of interest, she decided to make her first log in.

~*~

A/N: Well, did you enjoy it? If so, please do review! And, what does everything think of Teria so far? And Reyla? Also, I've seen all the episodes shown in the states so far (up to 19), so I have a good idea of what's going on. I also have up to Episode 14 on DVD.

Also, this story is partly based on me, but mainly not. The most major change in here was the name (I ALWAYS used Erin in the past). A lot of it is the same, expect for certain parts (like the fact of a two-story house. That's totally false). And the fact that she has more friends than me. Also, yes, the show characters are appearing next chapter, plus I haven't figured out Sheina's class yet. Probably Wavemaster (figure the BT style, okay?).

Anyways, please review!