.hack//SIGN Fan Fiction ❯ Tales of a Fangirl ❯ For the Love of Bishonen ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
All right, this is the disclaimer:
I DO NOT OWN ANYTHING! Don't try to sue me, cuz I'd have to borrow money and well, I'm not exactly in a postion to do just that. Just don't copy the underlying idea of this story, cuz the words and the main character are mine. (Actually, I'm the main character, so if you steal her traits [which are like that of any fangirl... so there'd be no point, but anyway...], you'd be stealing my very soul... [not really, but I think you get the whole idea]) So, enjoy this story, review and any flames, ideas, thoughts or opinions are sent to me at sidderhickey@yahoo.ca All right, so enjoy and try not to get too caught up in this here story....

Chapter One- For the Love of Bishonen (a suiting title might I add)

The bus rolled down the Brackley Point road , stopping occasionally to let off some kids. Sitting on a "wheel seat" near the back, sat me, the protagonist of this fanfic, hoping desperately that the bratty grade sevener behind me would just hurry up and get his sorry rump off. Jen T and Brenda sat in the seat in front of me, gabbing away happily about the anime Rurouni Kenshin. I sighed. I absolutely hate the bus and wished that the dumb 50 minutes of torture would soon come to an end.
Brenda suddenly caught my eye and smiled. "Right, Sidder?" she asked.
I leaned forward and squinted my eyes. "Right what?" I asked.
Brenda and Jen T started to giggle. "You'd do anything to get into the land of Kenshin right? To see Saitou?"
I perked up at that. "Yep I would," I agreed. You see, I wasn't hesitant at all because of all the bishonen out there, I have an absolute fav from every series and occasionally get an obsession in one and then next in another. But my love for the "bishonen for me" never wavers. In other words, Saitou is my main man. (Not my mane man... but that's something else.)
"But what are you talking about exactly?" I intrigued.
"Well," Jen T started, "we were just thinking that if there was a way to get into an anime land, Kenshin's would be the best to go to-"
"Because of the bishonen!" Brenda added.
"Yeah, Soujiro!" cried Jen T. They started giggling again.
"Wait. I'm not sure I understand..." I said.
"Oh, we were walking down the halls at school and Jen O was looking at all the classroom doors and said, 'wouldn't it be just great if these doors led us into an anime world?'" replied Jen T, "and now we're discussing which world would be the best to go to."
"Yeah, okay then. Kenshin's world wins," I agreed.
"What about Fushigi Yuugi?" Brenda was just getting hyper. "There's a ton of bishonen there!"
"And Escaflowne too!"
"Inu Yasha!"
I entered my own world around that time. "I'd love to meet Saitou, and Hotohori, and Lantis, and Van--"
"Sidder," Jen T tried to be serious, but she couldn't control her smile, "we know who your favorites are."
"I can't help it!"
"We'd probably scare them," Brenda said.
"What can you do when you live in a shoe?" I asked. "I mean, we can't help but be fangirls!"
"So true," Jen T said.
"Truth is sad," replied Brenda automatically.
"Not always," I finished and we all let out a big guffaw.
The topic of bishonen always occupied the time on stupid long bus rides, so today was no exception. We talked until it was Brenda and my's stop (does that make sense?) and then we waved good-bye to our friend for the weekend and walked off the bus. We kept chatting and as we entered the cramped little house in which we dwell, we let Carolyn in on the conversation. She liked the idea right away and was just about to suggest the fact that we could go to Japan to meet the members of L'Arc~en~Ciel when we heard Mom's voice come up from downstairs.
"WHAT?!" Brenda called down to her.
"I'm really tired and Tommy wants to go outside and the boys are out there playing with the Hinks'. Can one of you take him?!"
"Oh, but Mom, he's really annoying!"
"Please!"
"I'll do it," I sighed and then added, "but I'll only bring him to the boys to take care of him."
"Okay Tommy, get your sneakers!" Mom exclaimed in fake excitedness (?) and ran up the stairs. "Thank you," she added.
"You're welcome," I grumbled.
I put my kitbag in my room and then helped the three year old brat into his sneakers. Then we headed along the usual route-up the subdivision road to the end and then along the tree-line to the woods. You'd think he'd get tired of the same old thing, but noooooooo.... he just jumps along happily along the way.
Of course he's sooo slow and poked at everything along the way, with his little, "Sidda! Sidda! Look-a catapila!" and "You coming now, Sidda?" and then eventually "No! I wanna go outside!" (Even tho he already is outside...)
And to top it all off, the boys weren't even in view. I couldn't even hear Teresa's scream anywhere. (She's not a "boy" just to tell ya... but she pretty well is part of them... long story I guess...) So I just gave up and let him play around the trees as I sat on a piece of wood stump that was left near a clearing.
That's when that odd giddy feeling crept inside of my chest and gripped it with un-understandable hyperness. (Okay, maybe I exaggerate, but I can't really explain this feeling. Any fangirls reading this tho would probably know the feeling too, so there's not much to explain really. And all you guys, think "bishojo" I guess...) This feeling was the same as the one that popped up whenever the song The Fourth Avene Café was being played or when I thought of Saitou. Either way, I became really happy. I guess the antidepressants were working (aka Chocolate, my fav food...). Anyway, my thoughts trailed back in time to the bus conversation and I smiled stupidly at the sky and closed my eyes.
"It would be so nice to meet all my favorite bishonen..." (All the fangirls nod in total and absolute agreement! i.e. Sarah thinking of Dilandu...)
Well, I looked up into the sky at the forming clouds. One of them looked like Mokona. Then again, any could cuz she's just a marshmallow type thing. Man, anime is always on my mind isn't it? Gee, I'm pathetic... I know I'm stuck on a guy from Japan in my class, just cuz he's so cool and I'm so shallow because I never even talked to him before and this sentence is getting too long to be real enough to try to read it out loud without stumbling, but I'm getting off topic. (His name's Kouji :>... now I'm way off topic-) Where was I even? Oh yeah, Mokona in the clouds...
Right... what brought me back to the real world (am I ever there?) was the sound of Tommy's laughter. I glanced around to make sure he wasn't up to anything rotten and then I spotted him off by a tree, flying in the air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"TOMMY!" I cried as he headed to the ground because of the gravitational pull that.... okay, I won't get into it (like I can explain any better than whatzhisface did to everyone during the scientific revolution). Anyway, the kid was falling to the earth and I cared about his well being, being his older sister and his Godmother and all that, so that's why I shouted his name out. But I didn't really have to worry so much because he bounced back up again and did a somersault and then down again, up again. "Tommy...?" I asked incredibly confuséd. (Yes that's how I say it. Shakespeare does and everybody loves him, so why can't I?)
Coming closer, I noticed that he was bouncing on a white balloon thing. It looked like it wasn't real or anything, so I went even closer. It looked sort of like a rubbery rabbit or something. Worried it might be dangerous, I pulled Tommy off (who was apparently having a ball and did not want to stop and so therefore screeched my ears practically off) and away from the creature. Tommy fussed and struggled in my arms, practically knocking me down cuz I'm so skinny and weak, so I had to drop him very quickly.
"Brat..." I mumbled under my breath as I tried to get in Tommy's way to block him from going back to the thing. He continued to whine annoyingly, but I tried not to pay attention (let's just say I'm used to it). I was looking at the strange animal actually and I couldn't help but think that it looked an awful lot like Mokona, just like the cloud did. Of course, my logic quickly kicked in and I reasoned out that a creature like Mokona didn't really exist in this world, and if it did, how the heck could it? Rubber wasn't alive, and marshmallows couldn't breath and function biologically.
So I walked up to it and took a closer look at its face, and sure enough, it had a Mokona-like expression pasted to its body like a drawing would. "How is this possible?" I asked out loud.
I noticed Tommy following and because I was desperate to find out more about this thing, I knew I had to get him away first. I looked up to the road and spotted Joe and Bob with Bradley and so I started to wave my arms frantically to catch their attention. They looked up and waved back.
I pointed to Tommy in an over-dramatic gesture and hollered, "TAKE THIS KID, WILL YA?!"
"WHAT?" Bob shouted back.
"TAKE THIS KID!"
"WE DON'T WANT 'IM!" Joe complained.
"JUST TAKE HIM HOME!"
"BUT HE WON'T WANT TO!"
"TAKE HIM ANYWAY!"
"WHY DON'T YOU?!" asked Bob.
"I'M BUSY! HURRY UP!"
Joe's shoulders fell and he started to head towards us. "Go see Joe!" I told Tommy and pushed him in the right direction.
"No, I don't wanna!" he complained, trying to cross his arms, which he still hasn't quite ironed out and doesn't help him in his effort to pout, which he has so nicely perfected.
"You have to-GO!" I just pushed harder and then he kind of stumbled. (You probably think I'm the worst big sister in the world, but you try living in a small, cramped house with seven siblings, four of which are younger than me [Brenda doesn't count, so I didn't include her] and see how long you stay "nice".) Anyway, after he stumbled, he scrunched up his face in a means to look pitiful (which makes him just look ugly, no offense) and ran towards Joe. "Thoe, Thoe! Sidda mad at me!" he cried as he hobbled along.
I didn't really pay attention though. I just turned around, back to the Mokona-thing-but it wasn't where I had last seen it! Glancing quickly around, I noticed a white blob heading for the woods.
"WAIT!" I yelled. I heard a fading "puuuu!" and quickly chased after it.
I had no idea what I was doing. I mean, I usually don't chase wild animals like foxes and coyotes (for obvious reasons) and I'm not exactly an athlete, but I just kept going anyway. I rushed through the bushes wildly as it hopped in a shaky, blurry motion ahead of me. I didn't have any time to think this whole thing through, but seeing as to it didn't make any sense anyway, there was no point.
Eventually, I got tired though (understatement, I was exhausted) and I stopped to catch my breath. I clutched my chest and breathed heavily like someone with asthma or someone who smokes heavily. (Personally, I don't like smoking-it smells and is really gross, but I'm so hypocritical!!!! When bishonen do it, it's just so cool! I just thought I'd share that with you because it might explain some stuff later on in this fanfic. Okay, back to me gasping for my life...) By this time, I practically had given up the chase and gave up hope catching up to the thing-whatever it was. Besides, what would I do with it when I did catch it? Eat it? I think not.
"PU!"
I jumped like a gazillion feet into the air and then swerved around, coming face to face with Mokona. For the first time, the fact of fear actually occurred to me.
"Pupupu!"
"W-what are you...?!" I made out stupidly. (As if it could talk. And if it did, I'd really freak out.)
But it just answered with a "pu pu!" and hopped up and down on the spot for a while before it bounded off with an incredible "PU!". Without learning my lesson and because I had caught my breath, I chased after it again. This time, I ran longer and much harder, concentrating on only Mokona who soon started to go in zig-zags. After a while, I wasn't even paying attention to where I was going and stupidly didn't even realize I had no idea where I was.
"Stop, Stupid...!" I wailed. Mokona stopped abruptly and then so did I, panting incredibly hard.
The creature turned around slightly and I noticed a crazed, glazed-over excited look on its face (if you could call it a face). "Pu!" it cried and waddled into some bushes. I rushed after it and crawled into the space Mokona had made in the branches. There was a small tunnel behind it and the retreating back of Mokona was barely visible in the dim light filtering through the dense leaves, but I continued to follow anyway, getting my pants and hands all covered in thick, red dirt and grass stains, (I live on PEI, just to tell ya.) even after it was too dark to make out anything really well. When I first realized that the branches were too thick for me to squeeze through, I tried to go backwards and get out, but my clothes caught on the jagged branches and I started to panic.
"Mokona!" I cried. "Help! Someone, help! Mokona!"
I heard a faint "pu!" and decided to give a final thrust ahead before I officially gave up, because well, Mokona was still around, wasn't she? As I used up the last of my pursuing strength by crashing ahead, I suddenly found out that the ground underneath me gave way and I started to tumble into a large pit or something similar to that.
"YAAARGHHH!!!" I hollered uncontrollably as I continued to fall for a few minutes into black nothingness. Of course, the fall was taking an incredibly long time and I eventually stopped because my throat seized up from rushing air pressure. Then, as I was falling, a strange sensation started to engulf my body. It started to tingle and numb off and on in an uncomfortable way. I had never before experienced this feeling before and I'm pretty sure I was the first person in the whole world who had. My limbs felt like mush and my eyes felt large and watery.
"W-what's happening to me?!" I thought in a panic.
Then, with a loud KER-SPLAT I hit the ground. (4.5 pts!) Stars appeared above my head and danced around in a swirly blur before my eyes. Ruffled and confuséd, I quickly peeled myself off the ground to find myself in an odd cave filled with many tunnels leading out. Above each entrance, there was something written down. I squinted in the darkness to see and even though I could just make it out, I couldn't read it because it was in Japanese! (I'm fairly good at defining what is Japanese and Chinese, even tho I can't read it, and I'm pretty sure it was Japanese...)
"Where am I?" I asked myself out loud like a big dork, because even I could tell that I was in a cave of some sort. But it was different somehow. Not different as in strange, but because it just didn't look right. If you know what I mean. Or you might think this is really strange. Either way, it was strange. And as I was trying to figure out just what it was, Mokona left my thoughts-but just as she did, she popped up out of nowhere, bounced around me until I was dizzy and then bounced down one of the tunnels.
"Wait! Can't you just wait?!" I shouted and stumbled to try and begin the chase again, but as I did, I stupidly tripped over a stupid rock on the stupid ground and fell flat on my (stupid?) face. (Lack of adjectives or what.) "#$*&@! OUCH!" I cried, even though people who know me knew I wouldn't say that in a million years, whatever the word was, but I just wanted to write those cool symbols down. Anyway, I placed my hand up to my bleeding nose and looked down at it. That's when I figured out what that odd feeling was.
Looking at my hand, I saw that it had a distinct outline and color. I exaimined it closely, turning it over and over in front of my face. This was not my hand and I definitely knew it. It was a drawing of it!!!
I quickly scanned the rest of myself to see if my hands were the only ones affected or not, and sure enough I realized that I had become a drawing! "This is ... impossible!!!" I screamed. I glanced all around, I spotted a mirror in the corner of the cave shrouded in shadow. Don't ask how it came to be there, I don't know. But this story has to work out somehow and if I have to add stuff or take stuff away to make it better, so help me, I'll do it! (Get out from the shell.... okay, I'll shut up now...) All right, I saw the mirror.... and quickly ran to it and looked in. What I saw in it was me, myself and I, Susan Hickey, "anime-ized". The large, glassy eyes, the thin nose, the flowy hair (with a distinct color too!) and the long body. I smiled at this "new me" and the reflection smiled back. Then I got silly and tried out half a dozen funny faces-and they appeared with ease! "This is too cool!" I squealed and I turned into an excited chibi.
Then all of a sudden... "Puuu!" I heard faintly.
"Oh yeah, Mokona-if I follow her, maybe I'll end up seeing more anime people-and I'd fit right in!"
So the anime-ized me raced off down the tunnel where Mokona had bounded down just moments before-down into the dark and into the unknown...

Did you enjoy???????????? Okay, I'm too into this. I've tried serious fanfics, but I get bored so easily and so since fanfics are supposed to be fun, I decided that I would do one of them. Hopefully I can see this one through to the end. And hopefully, you will join me. Thank you very much for reading it and totally wasting your time on my pathetic attempt at literature. (*bows Japanese style*falls down*ouch...*)