6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: At'Choo ❯ Crazier even for Jude ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO
The next day, most of us met at the lemon, but Jude and Caitlin hadn't arrived yet. We were all complimenting on the vegetables we ate last night. Jen wasn't feeling very good though, and her stomach kept gurgling. “That's because Robbie and Diego stuffed a mushroom in my salad!” she grouched at Jonesy.
“What? Don't look at me.” protested Jonesy. “I had nothing to do with it, I swear.”
“I believe him.” Nikki said.
“You what?” snapped Jen, but her sister-in-law seemed to know more about Jonesy than she did, “When he lies he sweats a lot, I've seen it when we make out.”
The rest of us, expect Jonesy exchanged gross remarks. “A little too much…” Wyatt groaned. Jen felt like she was going to blow. “Excuse me!” she cried as she dashed off for the nearest washroom, she ran right past Caitlin who came up to us wearing a females yard-working outfit—complete with jean-overalls, a simple green T-shirt and a red bandana.
“Don't tell us… those are for your work-date with Ross?” I asked.
“I got it on sale at Garden-Gnomes, Jonesy rung it up himself.” Caitlin said, and that reminding Jonesy he had to get back to work. He pecked Nikki goodbye and was off, and that's when Jude came along, but he was acting a little off… even more off than usual. IT was like he was sleuthing. “Uh… Jude?” called Wyatt.
“Shh…!” snapped Jude. “You'll throw me off the trail.”
“What trail…?” asked Nikki.
Jude explained that he was some sort of detective solving a murder mystery commit by, “Jack the Ripper…”
Now we were all concerned. There was no Jack the Ripper, and that happened in the late nineteenth century. Something was obviously wrong with Jude, the way he was acting and twitching, and that the right of his face was starting to turn red and he scratched it vigorously.
“I think I better call my mom.” Caitlin said as she whipped out her cell-phone. The rest of us had to try and keep Jude calm, but Jude was starting to get a little defensive, until Nikki simply punched him hard and knocked him into a deep sleep. “Nice…” Wyatt commented.
Nikki blew on her fist and rubbed it against her chest, “What can't it do?”
There was only one place safe we figured best to take Jude while he was like this, and that was the detention cell. He woke up the minute the bars snapped shut. “Dude…! Ya can't keep me in here! Lemme out…!”
Ron simple pounded the bars with his new battering-rod. “I always knew it would be one day you'd slip out from the nutshell… maggot!” he sneered.
“Ron…!” I snapped at him. “Watch it now.”
Ron apologized for fear I'd prank him again. He was more than willing to keep Jude detained until Caitlin's mom would see him, but sadly Caitlin just got a call back form hr mom saying the earliest she could see him was the next morning.
Jude didn't like the sound of that and began to snarling a thrashing at the bars at the very thought that this meant he'd be staying in there all day. He began to make up all these excuses about fire, rats, “Someone, let me out!”
Nikki just grabbed him through the bars and gave him another knock to the head sending him to sleep. “Nikki… you'll give him a bruise.” Wyatt cautioned.
“If it happens, it happens.”
We all decided to leave Jude where he was, and head off. Caitlin had to go on her date, “But what about your allergies?” I asked.
“I don't have allergies…” Caitlin said. “Maybe I was just catching a small cold.”
“Right… that's it.” Nikki mocked.
Unfortunately, we were so busy for the rest of the day, none of had told Jonesy about Jude…
And by day's end, Jonesy was passing by Ron's office as he walked along when he noticed Jude was behind bars, and Ron was nowhere to be seen for he was out on patrol. He walked right in, “Jude…!”
“Oh, dude… so glad you're here.” cried Jude, he seemed to be acting a little normal, but Jonesy had no idea of what was really going on. “Dude… ya gotta let me outta here. I shouldn't be in here.”
Jonesy, of course, opened the bars. “There you go.”
Jude breathed the largest sigh of relief ever. “Ah…! Thanks a lot…! Oh hey, would you check in there a minute I think I left me cell in there.”
Jonesy, stupidly walked in, and that's when Jude slammed the bars shut and laughed manically. “Jude…? Jude…!” snapped Jonesy, “Hey, Jude! What you are doing…? Let me outta' here!”
“Sorry, bro… I need a head start while the night is young.” growled Jude, and he walked off snickering and almost drooling in a crazy state and breathing and snarling like a wild beast.
“What have a done?!” groaned Jonesy.
The rest of us were walking through the mall, and Caitlin's nose was red as strawberry, and her voice sounded clogged. “We warned you, Caitlin.” Jen said.
Caitlin blew her nose for the umpteenth time. “All right…! All right!” she groaned. “Oh! Ross… dumped me because I was sneezing too much anyway. It's probably for the better.”
Nikki's phone rang. “Jonesy…? You're where…? YOU WHAT…?!” She hung up quickly. “We gotta go…!” she cried.
“What's going on?”
“Why, what happened…?”
“Huh…?”
We all rushed to Ron's office, and Ron was surprisingly there almost refusing to let Jonesy out. “What happened to Jude?” I asked.
Ron tapped the bars, “It just so happens that this lowdown… let the convicted loose.”
“You let him out?!” snapped Wyatt.
Jonesy apologized, and then again none of us actually told him about Jude's condition. The main thing now was to find him and get him back. Who knew where he was right now or what he was up to…?
Suddenly, the floor started to rumble a little, and people outside ran past Ron's office like a stampede as Jude rode by on one of the riding mowers he stole from Garden-Gnomes. “Dude… I can get fired!” snapped Jonesy.
“So long… DUDE!” shouted Jude as he laughed maniacally and headed for the exit. We let Jonesy out of the cell and chased after Jude, only to find he was already way out of sight, for a guy on a riding-mower.
“It doesn't make any sense…” said Wyatt.
“Um… yeah it does!” cried Jen. “There's a psychotic guy loose on the city!”