6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Birthday Blunders ❯ Intro ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

INTRO
 
September 13th…
 
Another day at the mall… It sure felt somewhat strange for us not having to go to school like most of the teens and kids, and we only had like a few classes at college a week or so.
 
Caitlin shivered softly, “Oohoo… anyone else feel a draft?” she asked.
 
Jen adjusted her sport's-jacket. “Yeah… What's wrong with the mall's air-conditioning…?”
 
“My guess is… that.” Wyatt said pointing at Jonesy, who came up to the table dressed in a green uniform, meaning that he had indeed gotten his new job on mall maintenance. HE sat down next to Nikki who was indeed shivering…
 
“What's wrong, Nikki-- need a little warmth and comfort…?” he flirted, but his girlfriend growled. “What were you thinking turning the air-conditioner on high?”
 
Jonesy felt it was fine just the way it was, and so did Jude. “It's all a matter of just not thinkin' about it.” Jude said, “The less you think about the cold, the less it will bother ya.”
 
Wyatt looked dismayed, “Jude… you've spent this past year managing an ice-rink. You're used to cold weather… and Jonesy… you're suit is nylon. It traps the heat from your body inside. Why should we have to suffer..?”
 
Jonesy didn't believe him, “Yeah right… I'll bet everyone thinks it cool now that they actually are cool…” but he looked around and saw practically everyone in the mall was shivering or sneezing slightly. Even I looked cold as I approached the Lemon wearing a knitted black sweater over my black basketball shirt… with the right arm a little too much longer than the left…
 
“Jonesy what have you done; go turn the air-conditioner off right now!” I practically sneered. “Man, it's like the North-Pole in here!”
 
Seeing as how everyone agreed with me, Jonesy scoffed, “Fine, bake in heat.” and he walked off.
 
“Where'd you get that sweater, Mykan?” Caitlin asked.
 
“Oh, heh… my sister-in-law, Sophie, she sent to me for an early birthday present. She knitted it herself.” I answered.
 
Even Nikki was impressed by the blackness of my sweater. “I wish the Khaki-Barn would sell something that. It sure looks cool…” she complimented.
 
I raised my right-arm, “Uhm… yeah, that is unless your right-arm is six inches longer than your left.” I joked.
 
“Whoa, wait a minute…” Jen said, “Is it your birthday soon?”
 
“Yeah…” I answered as I stretched my arms out wide, “It's on the fifteenth. No big deal.”
 
Everyone, except Wyatt gasped in shock. “Whoa! How can you, like, not be excited about your own birthday, Dude?” Jude asked.
 
I tipped my shades in confusion. “I'm just not… I don't really do things like have a big fiasco or something. I'm used to it. I'll probably just have a small dinner-date with Amelie, and then kick back and chill.”
 
“Sounds like a plan…” Nikki said, but Jen and Caitlin had that look in their eyes. “Uh oh…” Wyatt muttered, “I think it's gonna' be one of those things again.”
 
(Intro Theme)
 
Jonesy… Caitlin… Wyatt… Jen… Jude… Nikki… Mykan
 
Jonesy… Caitlin… Wyatt… Jen… Jude… Nikki… Mykan
 
Now that we're through with school.
We get to make all the rules,
And spend more time with all my friends.
Always hangin' together…
In a place where we grew up.
 
I'm 7teen…
I have found my own way.
I love my job, and I live at the mall today.
And I am on my own now and forever.
 
I'm… 7teen. Life was sweet.
Though we grew up way too fast…
Still, the memories will last.
 
Jonesy… Caitlin… Wyatt… Jen… Jude… Nikki… Mykan
 
1… 2… 3… 4… 5… 6—
 
I'm 7teen… 7TEEN!
 
Still, the memories will last.
 
Jonesy… Caitlin… Wyatt… Jen… Jude… Nikki… Mykan
 
“7TEEN”
 
Author's notes:
 
Publish date: Sept 15th
 
Well what do you know? It really is my Birthday…
 
That's where I got the idea for this fic, but don't any of you get anything wrong about me. I'm not Mykan Spotswood, I don't have his life, we're not even the same age…
 
He's still and always will be just a character I created. All fictional.