6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Driving U Crazy ❯ Taking the Wrap ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOUR
 
Jen and Charlie crawled out of the car, and Courtney rushed downstairs. “Nice moves, flash!” she practically sneered at her sister. Jen was breathing so incredibly stressed-out you'd think she was about to cough up a lung.
 
“Oh no...! Ah, ah… oh no!” she whimpered. Even Charlie was freaked out. “That was terrifying. Absolutely terrifying.” he cried.
 
Jonesy helped Nikki up. “What happened…?” he asked Jen.
 
Jen gulped hard, “I freaked!”
 
Charlie nodded his head, “I'll say. We were about to pull into the driveway, and then we get passed by a doughnut-truck. Then next thing I know…” he motioned at the huge space where the door to the house once was. “I'm outta' here…!” and he dashed away.
 
“Nice going, Jen.” Robbie sneered. “Now I won't have to keep my mouth shut. Dad's gonna kill you when he finds out.”
 
Jen realized, “He's right… I am so… dead!”
 
Just then, “BAAAAAAAH…!” A loud manly stiffening scream echoed throughout the neighborhood, as Emma and her husband came home. Jonesy's Dad was at a loss for words as he kept stuttering and stuttering as he squeezed past the car and into the house.
 
“What the-- how… but… who…!”
 
Emma, Jen's mom, tried to calm her husband down…
 
“Emma…” cried Mr. Garcia. “There is a car… in… the living room.”
 
“Honey, Honey calm down…” Emma told him.
 
“Emma… there is a car… in the living room.” Her husband growled again.
 
“Honey, don't over react…!”
 
“Overreact…?! EMMA, THERE'S A CAR IN THE LIVING ROOM!!” He screeched so loud, everyone had to cover their ears, and the noise was still deafening.
 
Diego whispered to Robbie “Man… I've never seen Dad so… so…” he didn't have to finish as his little brother already agreed.
 
Then their Dad turned to face Jen. “Jennifer… JENNIFER…!”
 
“Yes Dad…?”
 
“Go to your room. Go to your room, lock the doors, and the windows… and MAYBE I WON'T KILL YOU…!” Jen scrambled for the stairs as most of the others did their best to hold her raging step-father back…
 
Jonesy had never seen Jen so freaked out before, or his father so incredibly angry. What he was about to do and why he did it even confused him… but he stepped forward…
 
“Dad…?” he called. “I know you're mad right now, and you have every right to be… but you're mad at the wrong person. Jen didn't trash the house… I did.”
 
Nikki gazed up at her boyfriend in shock.
 
“You…?” asked his father. “You…? YOU DID THIS…?!”
 
Before Jonesy knew it, he was literally thrown out onto the lawn. “AND DON'T EVER COME BACK…!” his father's voice echoed.
 
Jonesy got up and dashed down the street as fast as he could, until he was way around the corner. “Kicked out of my own home…” he said in disbelief. “I' can't believe it.”
 
He was soon approached by Nikki and Jen. “Jonesy…?” Jen asked. “Why did you take the blame?”
 
Jonesy admitted that as much as he enjoyed seeing Jen get in trouble, this time it was different. She didn't know his father when he got that steamed, “I didn't want you to get hurt… so I took the fall for you.”
 
Jen and Nikki didn't know to take that as either sweet, or silly. “Uh, in case you didn't notice… you just gone kicked out of your home, for a crime you didn't commit…” Nikki pointed out.
 
Jonesy was well aware of that, and he also had no job, and not enough cash to even afford an empty-box. That's when for the first time, and he couldn't stay with Nikki, even though he had been dating her for a long time, her parents were still consider… well a little too parental to Nikki's taste.
 
So Jonesy decided to bunk with me in my apartment for a while. I didn't mind, as long as he didn't trash the place, and he would have to take a pay-cut from his freelancers check at Comic-Cavern to pay for his side of the rent and bills…
 
 
But after a few days, things really got bad…
 
Jonesy ended up making a few messes in my apartment… Spilling his soda on my clean carpets… leaving candy-wrappers on the balcony… my beguile dog, Penny even got sick on my bed because Jonesy fed her table-scraps.
 
He even got me into trouble with the front-desk because Jonesy turned his Boom-Box up so loud that it annoyed the neighbours… I couldn't go on like this, but back at the Garcia/Masterson household… things weren't any better. The large hole in the wall was covered by large sheets of strong plastic. At least it was summer-time so the air was getting in…
 
Still, not a day went by that Jen didn't get scolded by Courtney, her step-brothers, even all of us at the lemon. “Jen… normally you do good things for the gang…” I snapped at her, “But letting Jonesy take the wrap for you is the first time you've ever stooped so low!”
 
Jen gazed at everyone else; Caitlin turned away and huffed, “Hmm!”
 
“Un-cool…!” said Jude.
 
“Very un-cool…” added Wyatt.
 
Nikki was giving her the silent treatment, and Jonesy, well… “I'm not going to go back on It.” he said. “I'm sure Dad will calm down… in like a million-years? Aww…” and he head fell down onto the table.
 
The guilt was really starting to eat away at Jen, “Look…” she said, “I will find someway to pay Dad back, and convince him to let you come home.”
 
But the rest of us just got up and left. Caitlin didn't even care that she closed the lemon in the middle of her shift. “Hmm…! Some step-sister you turned out to be.” she hissed.
 
Jen was left alone, and she sighed heavily…
 
 
Then, things did change, from bad to worse!
 
I was at the Soda-Hop Ice-Cream parlor, flirting with Amelie. We were even playing that old game she and Jonesy played when he tried to ask her out, only it wasn't serious it was just playful…
 
The object was to see how long it would take for one of us to cave-in.
 
“Wanna go out with me…?”
 
Amelie giggled, “No…”
 
“Wanna go out with me…?”
 
“No…”
 
“Wanna go out with me…?”
 
“Hee, hee… No…”
 
I tipped my shades, “Wanna go out with me…?”
 
Amelie giggled again, “Okay… fine, you win.”
 
We shared a soft kiss, but then as I turned to leave, we both saw Courtney marching towards us really steamed. “Oh, no…” I groaned.
 
Courtney was ready to make me dump Amelie and go with her, by force! “Okay Frenchy…” she grumbled at Amelie. “There's no room for the two of us in Mykan's heart.” She sneered, “And there can only be one hottest girl in the mall.”
 
Amelie felt her honor, not to mention her French heritage insulted, and she hissed like a cat. “You leave Mykan alone…!” she growled. “'E chose me… not you!”
 
“Yeah… because you're so high and mighty, what with the French accent, the long blue hair, and the oversized mountains on your chest.”
 
Amelie's anger was spiking, and before I, or anyone else near-by new it. “Whoa, check it out…!”
 
“…Cat fight!”
 
Back and forth Amelie and Courtney continued to yell at each other. Finally I couldn't take it anymore. “ENOUGH…!” I screamed. The entire area of the mall fell silent. “Look Courtney… you can't keep stalking me like this.” I said calmly.
 
Courtney realized I was right. “Look… I just want you to like me..” she asked.
 
I explained to her that I could learn to like her, “But I can't LIKE YOU-like you. Look Courtney, I can learn to like you as a friend… but you gotta' understand, I'm in love with Amelie, and you can't change the way I feel.”
 
Courtney understood it, slightly, and realized she had been making a fool of herself; trying to land a guy was well-taken. “I'll let you off, this time…” she assured us, “But watch your back Frenchy, I'm going to keep on fighting, until Mykan loves me more than you.”
 
“Later…” and she was gone.
 
Amelie gritted her teeth, but I held her back assuring her, “I am one-hundred percent yours.”
 
She giggled and pecked my check, “You `ad better be,”