6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Lost as a Dog ❯ Lost, and Found, then lost agian ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THREE
 
Courtney looked up and down all over the streets, “Where is that mutt?” she grunted. “Hey, Mutt… where are ya?”
 
That's when Courtney ran into Jen and the others, and yes, little Emma was still crying. “What's with her?” Courtney asked.
 
“Ugh… we don't know—but we're going to take her home. She could be just homesick.” Jen answered.
 
“By the way…” Nikki asked, “You haven't seen Mykan's dog, have you?”
 
Courtney admitted she did about a while ago and was looking for him now. “That mutt is just the ticket I need to snag me a hunk of Mykan!” then she dashed off to search some more.
 
“Uh… what does she mean by that?” Caitlin asked.
 
Jen could tell what Courtney was up to, but right now she decided it was best to get the baby home. So Nikki decided to text me…
 
 
I began to ask some people if they had seen Penny, and even showed a picture of her that I carried around with me. Sadly, no one had seen her…
 
Then things got worse when my phone rang and I read Nikki's text. “Aw, no…!” Courtney was looking for Penny, and was planning to blackmail me into dating her. I had to find Penny before she did…!
 
 
Jude stayed behind to help us search, only the information he gave to the people, “A little dog… white and… what's that color that's not quite gold…?” and the places he searched; on the lampposts, in the mailboxes, and even in ladies' purses…
 
He was more lost than Penny was… up in his head that is.
 
 
Amelie, however, finally got a lead. She showed a picture of herself, me, and Penny on a picnic to the same police-man. “I brought that dog to the Lost and Found ten minutes ago.”
 
Amelie grinned widely, “Merci Bo coupe” and she quickly phoned me and the rest of the search-party. Unfortunately, Courtney heard all that, “Going for the kill…” she sniggered as she headed off to the Lost and Found to finally put her plan into action....
 
 
At the Lost and Found, Penny wouldn't stop barking, and she was annoying the receptionist. “Hey! Quiet already!” she snapped, but Penny didn't stop barking. She had to get out and find the Balloon man.
 
 
I met up with Amelie, we then met up with Wyatt and Serena, followed by Jude and Jonesy. Then we dashed to the Lost and Found, and we all collided into Courtney, and all fell off our feet and collapsed into a tangled pile.
 
It took us a few minutes to get straightened out. “Courtney! What are you doing here?” Jonesy asked, “And please don't say, “I could ask you the same.
 
“No need…” I cut in, “I know why you're hear, Courtney, and it's not gonna work!”
 
I got up and headed up the stairs, Country tried to follow me, but Amelie tripped her up. “I though I `ad told you to stay away from my boyfriend!” she snapped.
 
“Back off, Frenchy…” protested Courtney, and they almost engaged onto a cat-fight in the street, when Jonesy and Jude held Courtney back, and Wyatt and Serena held Amelie back.
 
“Okay, break it up, you guys…!” snapped Wyatt.
 
“You… seriously need to chill, bra.” added Jude.
 
The rage was interrupted when Penny ran out the open doors, with me chasing after her, “Penny…! Come back here! Where're ya goin'?”
 
“Mykan!” Amelie and Courtney yelled at the same time, and the broke free from the others grips and began to chase after me. “Ahh! Here we go again…!” Serena sighed. Nevertheless, she and the others joined in the chase.
 
Penny had already gone far, and she finally saw the Balloon man. He had stopped to tie his shoes while weighing down all the balloons with his other shoe. As the man tied his shoes, he felt his nose twitch, and he sneezed again. Then he saw Penny…
 
“Go… away you mutt!” then he sneezed again, and, “My Balloons…!” all began to float up into the sky; his sneezing caused him to release his foot holding down the strings.
 
Penny, thinking fast for a dog, leapt up onto a table, then the man's head, “Get off of me! Ah… Ah… CHOO…!”
 
Penny then leapt up and grabbed a string in between her teeth, and began to fly away with the balloons, and the man shaking his fist. “You stupid pooch! Come back with my balloons!”
 
But Penny would not let go…
 
 
The others caught up to me as I ran, “Mykan…” Jonesy panted, “What happened?”
 
I explained that after I collected Penny, she jumped out of my arms and ran down the street. “I think she's after something, but what?”
 
Jude suddenly stopped, “My guess is… THAT!” he cried as he pointed up at what looked like a dog dangling from a load of balloons. “PENNY…!” I shouted.
 
The crowds all gazed up and gasped. “Mondure!” cried Amelie. “She will fall, Non?”
 
Some of the balloons started to fly away from Penny, causing her to slowly lose height, but the more balloons that left, the faster she fell, until she was dropping like a rock. “She's falling!” cried Wyatt.
 
“Hang on Penny…!” I called as I ran to try and catch her, but Courtney actually managed to run ahead of me, I was tired from running so much all day. She was still panning on catching her and forcing me into a date, that's why Amelie began to chase so maybe she could stop Courtney, she did, but the girls ended up crashing into me too, “Aw, man, not again!” I groaned.
 
Luckily, Jude was fast on his skateboard. “Hang on furry-dudette.” Then he skated fast uphill on a stair-banister, bounced off a tent-roof, and caught Penny before she hit. The crowd went wild with cheers.
 
And I had never been so relived and thankful towards Jude. Courtney, however, was real ticked off. She had a chance and blew it, or maybe not, because Penny began to run off again. This was really starting to annoy us…
 
Where was she going now, and with a balloon…? We had to find out so we chased her again. Hopefully we'd finally catch her for good.