6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Mega Mall Madness ❯ Jude's going crazy ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO
As the days passed, part of the mall was closed off while the set ups for the show were being initiated-- Seats for the audience and people who had tickets, even up on the second floor overlooking the area. Wyatt and I were pleased to see Jonesy working hard as we stopped by the scene and had lunch together. “Wow. This is so cool.” Wyatt said. “I never thought I'd see a game-show behind the scenes before.
“No joke.” added Jonesy, “I've already seen enough cool things to get used to a gig like this.” Then he reached into his pocket, and handed me and Wyatt two free tickets to the show. He already gave ones to Nikki and Jen, and even Jude.
“How did you get these?” I asked. Jonesy had that little smug look in his eyes and said “I'm a stage-hand; I'm allowed to give out a few freebies.”
Wyatt and I knew he was asking to be fired again, but still even though it was wrong we decided we'd take our chances. We still needed a lot more money for me to replace the picture-screen. “How much do we have so far?” Jonesy asked.
“Not even enough to buy one fifth of it yet.” I sighed “It's gonna be a long road yet.”
What amazed us all is that Jude was still trying, and practically overworking himself to an unhealthy state with his two jobs. In fact, he walked right past the scene looking all twitchy, lacking sleep, and carrying a whole arm full of empty soda bottles on his way to cash them in “Gotta get cash! Gotta get cash! Gotta get cash!”
The three of us exchanged confused looks with each other. “Uh… Jude…” Jonesy called, but Jude didn't stop and kept going muttering the same three words. Wyatt and I decided to go talk to him, while Jonesy got back to work.
Meanwhile, the girls were still doing their best to help Caitlin be ready for the show in a few days. Caitlin stood in front of one of the full-fledged mirrors at the Penalty-Box and flexing her muscles, which weren't exactly what you, would call buff, but she looked ready. “And I feel ready too.” She said with confidence. “Ooh… but I wish the show would hurry I'm so excited and nervous I have butterflies in my stomach. Oh, and today I'm going to meet my partner today.”
Nikki and Caitlin left Jen to her shift and headed out. “So who's the lucky one you get to share this grateful joy with?” Nikki teased.
Caitlin received a call from the show-producers earlier saying they had found her partner, and they were to meet today. “His name's John.” She said. “Too bad they didn't send me a photo. Ohh… but I don't think they have to. Ahh…!”
Nikki muttered, “Uh-oh… here we go again.”
Caitlin went off about her one of her dreamy rants again believing John would be a handsome hunk of mainlines. Maybe they'd fall in love start dating, and she'd find… “Don't say it.” Nikki hoped.
“…The one”
Nikki smacked her own forehead, “She said it.”
A few minutes later, Nikki and Caitlin arrived at the Khaki-Barn where the meeting would be held, and would you know, they bumped into Trisha right there at the door. “Trisha…” sneered Caitlin.
“Lemon-Head and friend…” grunted Trisha
“Tad…” snapped Nikki.
Tad said nothing and just rolled his boring eyes, much to Trisha's annoyance. They all went in. There they met two of their opponents. The third team, a brother and sister named Jessie and Jessie, and yes they were fraternal twins who loved to shop. They were kind and happy to meet their opponents, as usually Trisha was mean and self-absorbed.
That's when a skinny, short, and considerably geeky guy came out from using the staff washrooms. “Hello…” he said in a rather geeky voice. “I'm John… you must be Caitlin.” He held out his hand to shake hrs, which Caitlin did but his seemed rather warm, and sweaty. “Uh… hi…” she said.
“Oh, sorry… I get kinda nervous when I meet new people.” replied John.
Caitlin smiled but vaguely. “So much for… the one.” Nikki whispered at her. “Good luck.”
Caitlin decided to give John at least a chance. If he was going to be on the show at leas that told her he was good at shopping and all that stuff that came with it. He and Caitlin actually got a long nicely, but Trisha was just as rude as ever. Bullying John, demeaning him because of the way he looked, “And Smell… yuck!”
John almost felt like crying. He didn't like it when people insulted him for his looks. Even he knew that was shallow. Caitlin comforted him, and that's when the two Jessie came to a pack with them. They didn't care who won the show, as long as one of them beat Trisha and taught her a lesson.
After a few words with the producers of what was going to happen when the show started. That was it… nothing to do now but wait it out until Showtime in a few more days.
We all met up at the lemon, except for Jude. Waiting for the show to come seemed to take forever. It had only been an hour but it felt like six to us. “Where's Jude?” asked Jen, trying to break the awkward silence.
“Last time I saw him he was carrying a large water jug full of pennies to the bank.” said Wyatt.
“He asked me how much he could sell his board for at the Penalty Box.” added Jen.
Caitlin even said that he asked to borrow her magazines to find places that buy your hair for wigs. We all exchanged looks of concern. “He wouldn't?” asked Nikki.
“He might…” I added, but at that moment, Jude skated in, without his toque on and no hair either. “What up?” he asked. “Why's is everyone starin' at me?”
We didn't bother to ask, as we already could tell. “Dude… you're really in a panic over paying Mykan back aren't you.” said Jonesy.
“And not havin' much luck.” Jude moaned as he lay his head on the table. “Ah, man… at this rate I'll be… er… uh well… I'd be old… really old before I could pay ya back, dude.”
I decided to soften up a little. It was great that Jude was determined to help me, but it pained me to see him torture himself, shave off his head, and work endlessly. “Ya, know Jude… what if I just pay for the whole thing now and you can pay me back little by little?”
“Jude…? Jude…?”
Jude had fallen asleep. We all honestly just didn't know what to do about it.
Author's question:
I wanna know from all of you.
Do you want me to actually post up all the whole game-show while Caitlin plays or just half dash through it with montages?
I won't post the next chp until I know