6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Mega Mall Madness ❯ Showtime Round 1 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THREE
The big day came sooner than it felt like all of a sudden. The mall was closed for shoppers that day, but the whole place was loaded with people in the audience. Even the second floor was packed, and those unable to attend sat at home and watched on TV.
All of us, even Jude, even got to meet the host back-set with Jonesy's help. The girls all nearly fainted at the sight of him he was just such a catch to them. That's when most of us had to go and take our seats, even the contestants, and they were handed three special items they would need.
Caitlin was so excited she could hardly breathe. John was excited too and so were the Jessies. Of course there was Trisha being pompous again. She was whispering something to Mandy and Gwen, and it caught the rest of our attentions, and I couldn't help but notice Mandy was patting something in her skit-pocket, and Gwen pointed to inside her purse, then all of them staring sinisterly at Caitlin.
“She's up to something.” We all agreed. Trisha was defiantly going to try and cheat.
The audience soon began to cheer as the theme-music started, and the voice of the announcer rang loud over the mall. “Have you ever dreamt of running through a shopping mall… grabbing as much as you possibly can…and instead of paying money, you make money? Now you can live that dream as you run wild through the aisles, and test your shopping skills, all here on Canada's best shopping game-show-- MEGA MALL MADNESS! ”
Spotlights waved all across the set and the audience as the announcer asked, “Are you ready to go shopping?” Everyone held up their items and cheered louder than ever. “Who's got the Khaki-Barn flip-flops…?”Caitlin and John stood up, “Okay! You're on!”
“Who's got the Albatross `N Finch pink pashmina?” Trisha and Tad stood up, “Okay! You're on!”
“And, who's got the Willows and Williams picture-frame?” The Jessies stood up, “Okay! You're on!”
All the players dashed down from their seats to their contestant stands. “We're ready to play Mega Mall Madness… and here's your host…Davis Ruftech!”
The crowd was cheering so loud, as Davis ran down, you think you'd go deaf. “Thank you! Thank you everybody, and welcome to Mega Mall Madness coming to you live from the Galleria Mall in West Edmonton Alberta. We have some fabulous prizes to give away and one of these teams could walk away with over Ten-Thousand dollars in cash and prizes.”
The audience cheered, and then each team was given a free one minute and thirty seconds to use in the big rush. The tick was to correctly answer as many questions as you could, ten seconds for each correct answer, and build as much time as you had to shop in the mall, but of course first Davis liked to talk to the players, meet them, and let the people know who was playing. After that it was game time.
Caitlin, Trisha, and the female Jessie would play first in the mall-trivia game and their partners were cast aside. Davis was going to give hints, questions, and descriptions about products, items, or stores. “Just buzz in when you think you know what I'm talking about.”
Question One: “This item is felt, and describes the feeling of warmth and comfort that it provides.”
“Beep-Beep” went a buzzer. “Caitlin…?”
“Somebody-loves-me sweater…?”
A bell dinged and Caitlin received ten extra seconds. “That's correct.” said Davis. The audience applauded, and some of us shouted, “Go, Caitlin!”
Next Question: “Flying high for the best quality clothing can be accomplished with the aid of these two feathered friends.”
“Beep-Beep!”
“Trisha…?”
“That's easy-- Albatross `N Finch.”
“You got it.”
Next Question: “Diamonds are a girl's best friend, but usually this color and sensation--”
“Beep-Beep!”
“Uh… Caitlin…?”
“Frilly and Pink.”
“As usual….”
Last Question: “This type of fabric's name is homonym to common item used for repairing.”
“Beep-Beep!”
“Jessie…”
“Tulle…?”
“That's correct. You got it.”
The theme-music started up again. Caitlin was leading with 1:50. Trisha and Jessie were tied with 1:40 each. It was time to take a commercial-break, but there was still plenty of game left, “Here on Mega Mall Madness.”
During the five minute rest period. We all saw Caitlin, and Wyatt massaged her shoulders. “You're doing great out there, but you got to keep it up.” he reminded her.
Caitlin sipped from her water-bottle. “Ahh…! Well at least I'm still ahead of Trisha, but I'll keep trying.”
Trisha on the other hand was getting a little tensed. “The lemon head's playing better than I thought. If I don't out take her, we got to plan-B.”
The girls nodded, but I still saw them, and I whispered to Jonsey to put a little plan of our own into action if Trisha dared to make a move.
The break ended before we knew it and it was back to the game. Now the partners, the boys, were going to go for more seconds in the next game. The next challenge was a money-match up. The players were required to look at the game-board and correctly identity which item or product cost the total amount given. John and the male Jessie did great, but Tad incorrect answered the last one, which put him and Trisha in last place now with 1:50, while John and Caitlin were tied for 2:00 with the Jessies.
Trisha was getting angrier, much to Caitlin's delight.
Next, the partners were asked to unscramble the names of fabrics, while listening to three clues related to it.
After that round, the scores were all tied at 2:10 three ways. Now Davis called everyone back because it time for the final round called, “The Round Robin Game.” This was a round that had six questions and a chance to earn up to sixty seconds. The only catch was the partners would be rotating for each one.
They would be shown close-ups of a store or place inside the mall. Their task was to identify the location. Caitlin and Trish went wild. They each buzzed in and correctly answered the questions back and forth. However, in the end… all the players were still tied with 2:30 each.
“Who wants to runt he big rush?” asked Davis. Caitlin, Trisha, and the male Jessie raised their hands. “When we come back, Caitlin, Trisha, and Jessie will run wild through our aisles grabbing everything they can get their hands on, and remember-- The team that piles up the most money, is the team that gets the chance to go for famous prizes. Here on Mega Mall Madness!”
With that, they cut to commercial.
Author's note:
Say…
I'll bet you can guess what Mega Mall Madness and Davis Ruftech are parodies of now…