6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Mega Mall Madness ❯ Showtime Round 2 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOUR
The show was back, and all three teams had swapped their regular clothes for Mega-Mall Madness racing outfits each with their team number on it. “Welcome back!” Davis greeted everyone.
It was time now for the Big Rush for the three teams. Team one-- Caitlin and John… Team two-- Trisha and Tad…. Team three-- Jessie and Jessie… All had two and a-half minutes shopping time so they would all leave at the same time.
“First… I want you to look around-- The entire mall area is all yours. Just grab anything you want. Fill up as many bags as you can, and when you can't carry too much more, just bring them here at the checkout and then go back out for more.”
Caitlin resisted all she could to shriek for joy. She always had wanted to shop like this. Then Trisha gave her the, “Don't push yourself, Lemon head.” Expression, too which Caitlin gave her the look of, “Bite me.”
Davis then explained there was another way to add more money to their totals. “The Mega Mall Madness shopping-list...” It was a chance for them to earn and additional two-hundred and fifty extra dollars to their shopping-totals if, and only if, three special items were brought back.
“Now, shoppers, listen carefully I can only say it once… and partners, I remind you to remind your shopping partner what these items are so they won't forget.”
The three items were…
Five Grinde-Me Coffee Soapbars
“Three cans of three tennis balls…from the Penalty Box”
“And two Smash Face compacts from Hundingtons.”
“Now, there's still yet another way to increase your totals. As this is a shopping mall, during the rush I'll announce the name of best selling time. There is three of that one item specially-marked in this crate behind me. Bring it back for an addition two-hundred dollars.”
“At the end of the rush, the team that makes the most in merchandise will win the game, and proceed to the bonus with a chance to win cash and other fabulous prizes… and an opportunity to even win a brand new car.”
The screens showed everyone images of a new red Ferrari. It looked almost like mine back at home, but the crowd still cheered and awed in excitement.
Now the clock was set for two and a-half minutes. “Caitlin, Trisha, Jessie… are you ready?”
The shoppers cheered for joy.
“Audience, are you ready?”
The only answer was more cheers and more applause. “All right…! Then let's go shopping-- On your mark… get set… GO!”
The shoppers ran wild all through the set aisles. There were all kinds of things to buy, the usually things you'd find at a mall. Clothes, shoes, stuffed-animals household appliances… just about everything in the usual manner…
The shoppers ran wild-- up and down, to and fro. You'd think they were acrobats or strong-people, despite their visual appearance, the way they are able to carry so many bags and large items at once.
Suddenly, Jessie skidded and he slipped off his feet. “Ugh…!” He managed to get up but every now and then he kept slipping which cost him valuable time. Caitlin found a moment to help him up. “My shoes… they feel slippery.” he said.
Trisha rushed by and couldn't help but here them and she smiled that evil smirk of hers.
(Grey Flashback)
During the break… Many snuck backstage and wiped the soles of Jessie's running shoes he'd be wearing for the rush with bicycle-wax.
(End of flashback)
“Heh, heh, heh…!”
Caitlin still helped Jessie up and even let him have an extra one of the bonus items she had gotten, and then before long. Davis announced, “Attention shoppers! Today's best selling item… A Frilly Pink Teddy Bear.
Now all the shoppers were heading for the special bin to get that bonus item. Trisha got one instantly, but Jessie was still slipping, though he still didn't know why. What was worse, Caitlin was starting to slow down, and she was starting to look… sleepy!”
Caitlin yawned and wondered, “What's wrong with me? Why am I suddenly feeling light-headed?”
Trisha had that look in her eyes again…
(Grey Flashback)
During the break… Gwen snuck backstage and replaced Caitlin's real water-bottle with an exact copy of it, but dosed with dissolved sleeping-pills mixed in.
(End of flashback)
Caitlin was going slower and slower and she was feeling like she couldn't carry as much anymore, and time was almost up. The rest of us, watching from our seats, tried to cheer her on, but the warning bell signaled time was up.
The tension was now mounting as Davis stated, “In just a few moments we'll find out who's going into the bonus round. So don't go away.”
While the rest of the audience cheered, the gang and I were worried about Caitlin. We couldn't tell if she had gathered enough to beat Trisha…
and why was Trisha still smirking like that?
Caitlin came over to us feeling like she was going to drop off any second, until Wyatt gave her a sip of his coffee, waking her up. “What's going on?” she asked.
None of us could really figure it out, except Jonesy and I. We both gazed down at Trisha, and she was talking with Mandy and Gwen and they all seemed to be acting pretty strange.
Before the break was over and the big moment had arrived. All of us had our fingers crossed for Caitlin…
Davis welcomed the audience back, “All the merchandise has been entered and cleared. The totals have been added up, so let's find to who won the big rush.”
The two Jessie went first, and despite Caitlin's kindness back then, they didn't get all the items on the shopping list, but the did get the best selling item which gave them two-hundred collars like that, which brought their total amount to… Eight-hundred and eighty-seven dollars. The audience applauded.
Next came Trisha and Tad, and they got both the list, worth two-hundred fifty, and the best selling item, and their total amount came to. Fifteen-hundred dollars exactly.
Finally, it was over to Caitlin and John. They too got the shopping list and the best selling item. This was now it… if Caitlin and John scored more than Trisha and Tad; they'd be on their way to the bonus round.
The total amount came too…
…Fourteen-hundred and fifty! Trisha and Tad had won. As the rest of the crow cheered, the gang and me, our jaws were dropped open in shock, and our eyes bulging. Even though Caitlin was acting like a good sport. So as not to look bad for the camera's… the minute she got off stage, and came to see us behind the set… she burst into tears. Luckily no one could hear us.
John was just as upset too, and what made things more upsetting was watching Trisha and Tad enter the bonus round… Where they had to solve three clues in order to find the final time containing the key to the prize-vault, and win a prize.
Not only did they actually do it… and not only did they win ten-thousand dollars in cash, but they did it less than forty-five seconds which meant… They won the car too!
That brought the show to the end. “This is Davis Ruftech reminding you-- When your at a shopping mall, and your giddy with gladness… think of the fun you'd have on…” he put a hand to his ear as the audience shouted, “MEGA… MALL… MADDNESS!”
Caitlin and John still went back on stage, acting like good sports, and waving goodbye with everyone as the credits rolled.
It was all over now.