6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Mrs. Jonesy & Mr. Nikki ❯ Party time ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SEVEN
We all stood outside the washrooms waiting for Nikki to come out. She didn't look any better than she was when she did. “This is a total disaster.” she said. “And the worst part is… it means I may very well have gotten this… makeover… for nothing.”
None of us knew exactly what to say. This was harsh on all of us. We spent all this time, all that money, only to have it blow up in our faces, even if we'd get our money back. “Look there's gotta be a way.” I said.
“Mykan's right…” Wyatt said “We've never given up before and we always pulled through. Even by the law…”
That was fine and dandy by all our points of view. “But how do we get by it this time?” asked Caitlin.”
Finally, Jonesy had an idea. “Who's the only person we know who knows more about the law than anyone.”
We all suddenly got his drift. “Dude…?!” cried Jude.
“No way, Jonesy!” snapped Jen. “Don't even think about it…”
We found ourselves there anyway-- at the office of Ron the Rent-A-Cop. “So you two maggots wanna tie the knot, eh?” he asked at Jonesy and Nikki. “And you have the GALL to come here to me to find out how to evade the law?!” he thundered like and angry god.
“We figured you're the only one who can help us, just you helped us before.” Jonesy said. He referred to the time that Ron helped his and Jen's families' learn to live together. Ron never forgot that, “Hmm… that sure was a good cake.” He said as he rubbed his chin. Then he agreed to help us out, “But only on one condition…” he said.
Wyatt slapped his head, “I had a feeling it wouldn't come cheap.” he whispered to the rest of us. We all nodded nervously, and Ron said. “Cut me in for a little slice of the action…”
We didn't understand that. Ron raised an eyebrow, “A piece of sweet satisfying goodness…?”
We were still confused.
“I want cake people. Cake…!”
“Oh…!” we all exclaimed. All Ron wanted was to come and pig out on the cake. Nikki and Jonesy felt it couldn't do any harm. “Good…” said Ron.
Then he got straight to work searching for a loophole in the law to allow Jonesy and Nikki marry, and it didn't take too long for him to tell us that our only chance was to “Hire yourselves a boat and sail out to International Waters.”
Wyatt snapped his fingers, “Of course! International-waters…”
“What's that…?” asked Jude. “Some kinda theme park…?”
“No, Jude… it's the ocean.” said Caitlin. “It's like a boundary line twelve miles away from the land. Once we cross it, there aren't any laws at all. You can pretty much do anything you want out there.”
Jude felt like he had just won a-million dollars. “Sw-eeeeeet…!”
Jen knew that with their deposit back, and Nikki knew that her dad could easily rent them a ship and pay for travel arrangements. “Yee-haa… we're back in business!” I said as we all slapped high-fives bro-fisted, and Nikki and Jonesy hugged.
Ron nodded, “I feel surprising good about this.”
“All right we can all hug later. We got a wedding to plan.” Wyatt reminded us and we all headed back to work.
The parents were told of this and the arrangements were made in almost no time. Nikki's dad booked us all plane tickets to Vancouver and rented us all a very special ship we'd sail out in the Pacific and have the wedding and the party there.
All the guests were informed too, but the other band members still weren't coming. Luckily Wyatt and I had an idea of how to fix the song we made and practiced it.
Final arrangements were made. Clothes picked out, catering competed including a cake. Guests were confirmed coming. Now all that was left to do was… wait.
(-2 days remain)
Nikki's shower was held at the Garcia's place, all the boys were out for the night. Which meant for once Courtney and Jen would be relieved from Robbie and Diego's shenanigans for one night. Even Serena, Amelie, and Starr were invited.
Nikki preferred to party her own style, rock and roll fever style-- Nothing classy or meek. “But showers are supposed to be really classy events.” Caitlin pointed out.
“Yeah but… this is my shower.” Nikki stated.
“Ahh…!”
The girls partied as if they were all single. Serena even challenged them to a limbo contest. Nikki fell flat on her bottom, but in the end it was Baby-Emma beat all the ladies just by crawling under the pole.
Jonesy's stag was at Grinde-Me… and Charmaine promised not to kick the guys out this time, if they didn't turn the volume too high. Coach Halder and Ron were there too, and Jonesy swore he wouldn't run through the place naked again.
All the night they watched sports on a big screen, munched on all the pizza's they could eat. Jonesy's dad even had a very special gift to give to Jonesy, one that would take care of his problem for a gift for Nikki.
He handed his son a small box, inside containing two gold rings. “Your mother and I gave these to each other when we were married, and when we divorced I kept them ever since.” He said. “I'm passing them on to you and Nikki now son.”
Jonesy couldn't believe he was doing this but, he hugged his dad warmly and tenderly… for the first time in since… ever. “Thanks, Pop.” Was all he could say as he gazed down at the rings.
Robbie and Diego just poked fun at Jonesy for the way he was acting all soft, but Wyatt and I told them to lighten up and that Jonesy was going through a lot right now. Still, the two didn't seem to really care and kept acting like big shots. Ron actually approved of this. “Reminds me of my good ol' days.” he said.
Jonesy took one last look at the rings and then gave them to Jude. They were his to hold until it was time. “Don't lose em, man… I'm serious!”
Jude solemnly swore this would be one of those few times he wouldn't screw up. “If I do… you can kill me.” They bro-fisted and then Jonesy excused himself to use the restroom…
At the Garcia's, things were still partying as smooth as ever when Nikki began to feel a little nauseas again. “Be right back…” she said as she headed for the washroom. She didn't even mind this time that the door was still broken and wouldn't close, everyone was downstairs.
As she washed up at the sink, she gazed at herself in the mirror and stared at her reflection in mere shock. “Oh my god…!” she cried.
While at the same time, Jonesy was in the restrooms at Grinde-Me, also gazing at his reflection with the same reaction as Nikki. “Whoa…!” he exclaimed. Then at the same time, Nikki and Jonesy said the exact same thing…
“I'm getting married…!”