6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen Musical Movie ❯ The curse ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER NINE
Jude was with Starr at Vegan island while Starr was on her break. They too had been tested about the jukebox still going crazy and the musicals still occurring. Now it was more vital than ever that the answer be found.
With the knowledge that the jukebox was from the 1950s, Starr researched as many newspaper websites and archives-records as she could. “Anythin' yet, babe…?” Jude asked. His girlfriend tipped her glasses, “All I get jukeboxes on display… jukeboxes memorials… and something about old style music.”
Jude slapped his forehead in dismay. “Bummer…? I'm startin' to think we'll never get to the bottom of this.”
“Give up, hope… you should not.” said a voice that sounded like Yoda. It was Darth, and he was with Julie. Though, they were better looking now these days with their image change, “Some things… never change.” Jude muttered to Starr. She simply nudged him in the gut. Darth and Julie were still pretty much nerdy, just like she was. “Sorry…”
They heard that they were doing some research on the musical phenomenon. “I think I have what your looking for.” Julie said. She reached into her Wonder-Taco and pulled out a slip of paper she printed off. “What else do you keep in there?” Jude wondered. “And how did you get this…?” asked Starr.
“My little Taco-Spicer has her ways of research, as do I.” Darth answered.
Starr looked over the research. “We've got to tell this to the others. Like… now!”
Darth and Julie attended the meeting with us at Wonder-Taco where we went over everything from the news clipping…
“It's cursed…?” asked Jonesy. “Get outt'a here…”
According to the clipping…
That jukebox was once an attraction in a café sometime during the fifties. One day a gypsy came to the café but was treated very harshly and ridiculed. So she placed a supposed curse on the jukebox.
Said the gypsy…
“You ever play this jukebox again, it will bring a cursed omen to all those around you. Never again will you be able to perform a simple task without falling into its power.”
No one believed the curse was real, and the café was closed down, out of business the next day. So that jukebox was never played again and people forgot all about it.
“Whoa…! And to think it was in Spin-this all this time?” said Wyatt. Serena felt amazed and shocked at the same time. “Hold on a minute…” said Nikki. “If we unplugged that thing, why does music still play?”
“Bra… it's a curse.” Jude pointed out. “It doesn't need a plug. It doesn't need batteries… it just comes and goes as it wants.” He knew what he was talking about, having seen many horror-movies, and being rather superstitious, and as much as the rest of us wanted to disbelieve it, how could we… finally everything was starting to make sense. “But how do we stop it?” I asked. “This curse-thing, whatever it is-- look what it's doing to us…”
The paper didn't tell about how to stop it as the curse was never unleashed in those times. We we're on our own. “What if we smash the thing…?” Wyatt suggested. Caitlin talked us out of that, “Then we might not ever be able to stop the curse. It's too risky.”
Jonesy felt this was his fault. He, Jude, Wyatt, and I found the jukebox, but he was the one who set it off by turning it on. “Ah… then perhaps it is only you who can stop the curse.” Darth suggested.
“What…? Me…? But how…”
Darth, Julie, and Starr decided to do more research in gypsy curses, whether they were real or not. Jude decided to help them as he knew a thing or two about these things. “I heard one way to kill a gypsy curse to get one of those little green men who look like elves, except they're smaller and have Irish accents.”
“You mean a leprechaun, and that's only the movies.” said Jen.
“Yeah, let's just deal with one freakish thing at a time…” added Nikki.
Darth and Julie decided to head off, “The force is strong in this case…” Darth said.
“The dark lord won't win this time.” added Julie.
As they got up to leave, music started to play again. “Oh, no…! Not again!” groaned Wyatt.
Nikki covered her ears. “Make it stop! Make it stop!” she cried.
(Darth)
There are really strange things,
And
who knows what it brings.
And it usually
thrills or it scares me…
There are movies that I know
And wherever
that I go
They seem to be all that I
hear and see
Even though at times I've said…
"
All the fear is in my head"
But this music stuff it is so…
Oh, what is going on here?
What is going on here?
That song made us, and people around the shop feel shivery.
(Julie)
-As the music plays
We fall into a daze
And we wake feeling strange and confused.
It's like the Jedi joins the Sith
When it's the good guys he'd be with
A belief that I would have refused
That's just a movie
And this thing is real, see?
I can feel the force as the wind doth blow.
Oh, what is going on here?
What is going on here?
(Darth)
-Years of being a nerd, I overcame so many things, no matter what the cause.
(Julie)

But to have something seem real. I don't feel the way that I once was.
(Both)
It's a thing we can't explain, and it's rotting in our brains, or being in a haunted train.
But as all this music goes by…
Will we do it `till we
die…?
Caitlin gasped.
Jen gulped hard.
The couples all held each other.
(Darth)
-Now a Jedi, he is strong
He can right that which is wrong
Oh, I will not let this curse just snag me.
(Julie)
Rebels, now you will beware
We will slice you in there
We will bag you as you tried to bag me.
(Both/imitating Yoda)
But for now, leave we must
end this curse is what we just,
Need to settle all the score, we'll go
But, what is going on here?
What is going on here?
We'll tell what it is here…
This music's got to stop.
No sooner had they left, did the music stop, and we actually agreed with their song. We had to find a way to stop this curse… somehow!