6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Return of the Zombites ❯ Clues, and Catastrophe ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIVE
 
Ron was proven innocent and returned to the mall to help out with the clean up, and as we all worked, we gathered as much information as we could, and the first of which was the graffiti itself.
 
“BEWARE… We're back!”
 
“Whoever did this isn't working alone…” Jen said.
 
“Cleverly put Gym-Sock…” Jonesy said. His stepsister sighed, and wished she could have a better name, but Nikki persuaded her, “Better just to go with it.”
 
Serena and Wyatt found another clue by “Spin-This” She picked up a small thread of black yarn. “Whoever did this was wearing a black-suit and must've dropped this.” Wyatt said.
 
Amelie even found some foot prints in the mud along the way towards the mall on the grass areas. Of course the trail wasn't very far, but she did take a picture copy of the shoe markings.
 
The rest of us weren't able to find much, but Jude and Nebula sure did. They found “That spray-paint on “Vegan-Island's” dishes made the food taste terrible.” Jude said, and his girlfriend let out a belch. The two shared a laugh, but the rest of us were not impressed…
 
“Jude… Starr…!” I groaned…
 
“Ne-bu-la…” she reminded me.
 
“Whatever…!” I sighed. “Will you guys get serious? We're supposed to be investigating, not goofing off.”
 
“Right…! the couple replied.
 
 
Meanwhile, aboard the Zombite's ship, the Goths had been viewing what was going on inside the mall. Dark Specter recognized eight of the gang members, but Amelie and I were a mystery to him…
 
“Double-Face…” he called, “Who are these two teenagers who side with the gang of six…?”
 
“Unfortunately, the ships' computer is unable to identify them, My Dark Lord.” Double-Face answered, “But clearly they also seem bent on trying to uncover our plot just as their friends, so they too must be annihilated.”
 
Dark Specter knew this was true, but he didn't want Amelie and I killed… not just yet. “I just might have another optional plan in mind for later… Heh, heh, heh! he said.
 
“Sire…” Nefaria asked, “Might I suggest that in the mean time we put our new Zombite-Servant off on another test…?”
 
Dark Specter agreed, “We cannot have him investigating with our enemies, it would expose our cover at the wrong moment.” He said. “Fortunately I have just the idea for his next task…”
 
Once again, he moved toward the microphone and began to chant away to Jude, by the small speakers on his clothes…
 
 
At the Lemon, we were all going over the evidence we had gathered, when Jude suddenly began to feel funny again. His eyes suddenly bulged and he didn't blink again. He got up and began walking away.
 
“Jude…?” Caitlin asked. “Where are you going…?”
 
“Going… for… walk….” Jude answered slowly and ominously. “Gather… more evidence…” and he was gone.
 
“O-kay… that was weird…” I said.
 
“Oui, Oui…” added Amelie.
 
We all then continued to try and compare the clues we had. The Graffiti, the thread, and the shoeprint. Jonesy tapped his cigar. “The way I see it… whoever did this was trying to warn us that there's someone back in town who means way more than just businesses.”
 
Some of the others, particularly Jen were not convinced it was all that. “I say it was just a bunch of kids looking to cause trouble.”
 
Wyatt smacked his forehead, “I smell a sibling-squabble.” I muttered to Serena and Nikki, but Jen and Jonesy didn't quarrel, for once, as both their ideas seemed possible.
 
“I think we need to investigate this a little more closely.” Serena said. Agreeing to her idea, we all got up and to search for more evidence… Caitlin left the evidence we had gathered inside The Lemon.
 
Little did any of us realize that Jude was hiding behind The Lemon all along. He peered round to see if anyone was looking. Once again, all dressed in black, and red glowing his eyes.
 
“Hmm, mm, mm…!” sniggering wickedly, he replaced the envelope with the photos, and material we had gathered in a second, identical envelope. Then he snuck outside and using a cigarette lighter… he burned the evidence to ash. “Meh, ha, ha, ah, ah…! Operation complete…” he whispered.
 
Dark Specter then re-chanted the reverse spell, and after Jude had changed his outfit, snapped out of it once more with no memory of what had happened. “Dude… what am I doing in the back alley?” he asked aloud.
 
He also noticed there was a small cut on his fore-finger. He bandaged it up quickly before headlining inside. When he got back to The Lemon the rest of us were there waiting for him, as we had all come back from our investigation. “Did you find anything Jude…?” Nebula asked.
 
Jude looked confused, “Whoa…! Was I supposed to go… and look for somethin'…?” he asked.
 
The rest of us thought that was weird, as he just said a few minutes ago that he was off to do some snooping of his own. Nevertheless, none of us were able to find anything else at the moment, so we decided to go over what he had already, but when Caitlin opened the Lemon to grab the envelope, “Huh…?”
 
The envelope was beside the blender, “I thought I put this by the sugar-pack…?”
 
We all began to look confused, and our confusion grew stronger as we noticed the envelope was sealed tight, as if someone had licked the seal. Caitlin opened up the envelope to find all the evidence and clues we had gathered were gone…
 
There was only one folded sheet, “What is that…?” Nikki wondered.
 
Caitlin passed it to Jonesy, and the moment he unfolded it, “GAH…!” he threw that note on the table. “Blood…!” he cried, “IT'S WRITTEN IN BLOOD…!”
 
He almost fell backwards in his chair, Nikki caught him. “Whoa… easy there…!” she said trying to calm her boyfriend down. Jonesy whimpered in his trademark moan, “Ugh-ll…!”
 
“Look what it says…” I pointed out as I inspected the note… “We Are Going To KILL You All…!”
 
“Zut…!” cried Amelie. She felt a little faint.
 
The rest of us all gulped hard. “Someone wants to kill us…?” Wyatt whimpered. He began to feel all a quiver, so did Serena.
 
None of us felt as freaked out as Jonesy was. He was starting to think maybe he had gotten himself and the rest of us in a jam more stickier than was thought of, “But… who'd want to kill us…?” he wondered.
 
 
From up in their ship, the Zombites, Dark Specter, even his cat were all laughing evilly. The first half of their plan was successful. It was time to move on to the next phases.
 
Author's notes:
 
Up to here would be where it would say “To Be Continued”