6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Up up and a Jude ❯ Rescue ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
CHAPTER FOUR
 
Jude and Caitlin had risen to well over twenty-five-hundred feet. It was really getting cold, and they even floated through some low clouds which dampened them both. “Ew… my hair!” cried Caitlin. Jude wet bangs began to over his eyes. “Whoa! I… I can't see.” he groaned as he tried to throw his bangs out of his eyes and almost knocked Caitlin off his back. “JUDE! JUDE!” she screamed. “Are you crazy?”
 
“Sorry bra…”
 
Just then, Jude's phone rang again, we told him and Caitlin to keep their ears open for the sound of a chopper. It was their only chance since they could actually call Nikki or Jonesy since the chopper was too noisy for their phones to be heard.
 
Soon the clouds cleared away, and Jude and Caitlin were hovering over the town of Lloydminster at three-thousand feet. Suddenly, Caitlin could see the chopper it was all the way on the other side of town.
 
Nikki and Jonesy got the word from us, and told the pilots where to go… but suddenly Jude farted the biggest and loudest fart he ever had. “Ew… Jude!” cried Caitlin. Then Jude farted again. “Uh oh…!” cried Jude. “I'm not feelin' so light here.”
 
Jude was farting up the helium, and he was starting to slowly move downward, but the more he farted, the more he dropped faster and faster. Caitlin held on for dear life as they started to plummet just as Jonesy and Nikki's chopper caught up with them.
 
“Guys!” cried Jonesy, “We're too late! They're dropping like a brick!”
 
According to Starr's calculations, they would hit the ground in less than three minutes. The only chance now was to fly and dive along side of them and hope they could latch onto the emergency rope-ladder.
 
The chopper was gaining on them, and Starr warned Jonesy and Nikki to tell the pilots to approach them from above, “If you fly alongside them, you might hit them with the rotors!”
 
The pilots were already well aware of that and already were flying directly above them. “All right, kids… this is where you take over!” one of them said. “Use your harnesses on the seats so you don't fall out, open the door and drop the ladder.”
 
Jonesy and Nikki set to work, and Jonesy decided to go for it. Nikki kissed him hard in the lips for good luck. Jonesy then strapped himself in, and slid the door open. He leaned his head out to see the bottom of the chopper and he shouted as loud as he could, “GUYS! GRAB THE LADDER!”
 
Jude, since he was an expert skydiver, with or without a suit was able to float over just enough to let Caitlin grab on first. “GO! GO!”
 
Caitlin barley was able to grab on, and after getting off Jude's back Jude hit the bottom of the chopper, without that extra weight on him anymore he wasn't falling so fast. “DUDE!” cried Jude!
 
The ground was coming fast, if Jude didn't grab the ladder within the next few seconds he'd be lost because the chopper would have to pull out of its dive. “JUDE!” shouted Caitlin, “GRAB MY HAND!”
 
Just in time, Jude grabbed her hand and was safe. “NIKKI!” shouted Jonesy. Nikki got the word and told the pilots to level off. “Guys! We got them!” she told us.
 
 
We all cheered and hugged and slapped high-fives in my car. That was as close as anyone wanted to cut it ever.
 
 
Once we all made it back to the mall, Caitlin and Jude caught a bit of a cold from being up in the cold for so long. Caitlin's smile was so shiny anymore and she did feel a little tipsy, but that was probably form her ride, or the gum's side-effect. “Ah-Choo!” she sneezed, “I guess it serves me right for not reading the labels.” She said through her stuffed nose.
 
Jude was just happy to be able to walk again. “From now on, I'm keeping my feet on the ground.” He said, “Or at least I'll remember to bring my parachute next time.”
 
Jude's dentist and the people who made Caitlin's gum would be facing a lawsuit for what happened. As for Jonesy, now that Jude couldn't fly anymore, he was out of a job again. “Ah well… I would've fired myself anyways. Too dangerous a job.”
 
Nikki was glad everyone was safe too, “But my dad still doesn't believe me and says I have to take out the trash for the next three days for falsely borrowing the company chopper.”
 
“That sucks!” grunted Jen.
 
Wyatt was just glad it was all over, “I think there's a moral to this story.” He said.
 
“Oh yeah…” I added. “Keep your teeth clean… or you could end up with more than just a bad infection.” As much as that didn't make too much sense, we all shared a laughed.
 
Ending Theme
 
I'm 7teen…
I have found my own way
I love my job and I live at the mall today
And I am on my own now and forever…
 
I'm 7teen… 7TEEN.
 
Still the memories will last.
 
Jonesy… Caitlin… Wyatt… Jen… Jude… Nikki… Mykan…
 
7TEEN!