6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Where for art thou friends ❯ Auditioning accidents ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER ONE
 
Pretty much everyone had heard about the play, and you can bet a lot of girls wanted to audition for Juliet, and that was exactly where Caitlin and Jen were now. The rest of us were at the lemon. “Ugh… what a bunch of love suckers.” Nikki groaned.
 
“What, you don't like Shakespeare?” I asked.
 
“That… is the understatement of the year.” replied Nikki
 
I tipped my shades at her, “And… is that a copy of the book I see poking out of your knapsack?”
 
Nikki winced nervously, and then she was reminded by Wyatt, “And didn't you once say to Jonesy… “Carry on, Shakespeare?”
 
Nikki was so busted, “So I like Shakespeare, who doesn't?”
 
Just then Jonesy came along, gloating about great he was, and Wyatt just had to ask about Jonsey's get up. He had on a hardhat and a handyman's belt. “It's his new job.” Nikki answered.
 
Her boyfriend nodded, “Can you believe it. They actually hired me to help build the stage sets for the play.”
 
“Dude… I had no idea you were a handyman.” said Jude, but Wyatt explained that Jonesy was anything but. “Hey!” snapped Jonesy, “I'll have you know I have inadequate skills in the art of construction.”
 
“Oh, yeah…? What about the time in grade ten you tried to build that dollhouse for the school-charity?” Nikki pointed out, and as was expected it fell apart with the lighting touch.
 
“And the time you built a table for the fundraiser picnic.” added Wyatt. It fell apart too.
 
“So, I've had a few bad experiences. Now I won't make those mistakes again.” That's when he dropped a hammer out of his belt and hit his foot. “Ow!”
 
“And that rests the case…” I joked.
 
Wyatt decided to volunteer to help Jonesy. “I just don't trust you this time.” he also had to make sure to be careful, because he announced to us that his band had been offered a gig and the “Band-Lovers Pow-Wow” on the weekend. “Nice…” I said as I high-fived him.
 
“Sweet!” added Jude.
 
Just then, Catilin came along shrieking like The clones, “EEE… I did it!” she cried. “I got the part of Juliet.”
 
Jen wasn't really all that sour; she landed the role of a substitute Juliet… if Caitlin wasn't able to make it… “Well you get the idea.” The reason she was so happy was because both she and Caitlin would get to spend a lot of time with Jeff practicing and rehearsing.
 
“I wonder if he'll be a great kisser.” Caitlin wondered aloud. “EEE… I can't wait to find out. Ooh, that reminds me, I have to go and get ready to practice. Hee-EEE…!” She ran off still shrieking, and Nikki finally pulled her fingers out of her ears, “Ugh! If I have to hear one more shriek, I'll throw something.”
 
Now Jen was starting to show hints of uncomforting tension, and it didn't take brain science to realize what was going on. “You gonna be alright, bra?” asked Jude. Jen assured us nothing was going to go wrong. That, of course was what we were all afraid of because usually something would go wrong.
 
Nevertheless, Nikki and I went to work, and Jonesy and Jude went off with Jonesy, leaving Jen on her own. Too bad we did because Jen was starting to have an evil look in her eye.
 
 
In another area of the mall, everyone was busying preparing the balcony set for the big kissing scene. It was only made of simple wood and lumber, and only a few feet off the ground, but it was going to be worth it, once it was all done.
 
Jonesy was surprisingly doing okay, but Wyatt still wasn't convinced and still offered to help; only the problem was Jude not letting him use the hammer. “Jude, come on!” Wyatt snapped as he tried to pull the hammer away from Jude. “For the last time I am not going to hit myself.” but still Jude wouldn't let him.
 
“Dude…! The Band Lovers Pow-Wow is like the biggest concert charity in town. You can't play in it if you hurt your fingers.”
 
“And Caitlin can't play Juliet in Shakespeare's big balcony scene without a balcony, and I don't trust Jonesy.” protested Wyatt.
 
“Then let Shakespeare help him.”
 
“He wrote the play.”
 
“Then maybe he should do some real work.”
 
“Shakespeare's been dead for almost four-hundred years!”
 
“Probably because he had an accident with a hammer...”
 
Jude still wasn't willing to give up, and then finally he slipped causing the hammer to swing hard into Wyatt's thumb. “Ow!”
 
“See… told ya.” said Jude.
 
“You made me do it!”
 
Jude picked up the hammer, “Well look at it this way, at least you didn't dropt he hammer on your other thumb.” And he dropped the hammer directly on Wyatt's other thumb. “Ow…!”
 
Now both Wyatt's thumbs were swelling-up, “Uh heh-heh… want me to get ya some gauze?” Jude asked shyly. Wyatt only sighed and slumped down.
 
 
Meanwhile, Caitlin was practicing her role with Jeff at the library, and she was about to score a kiss when… “Caitlin…” Jen called as she rudely entered and interrupted the mood. “Caitlin… you forgot your purse at the lemon.”
 
Caitlin grouchily took the bag. “Thanks.”
 
That's when Jeff checked his watch and realized that it was lunchtime anyway. “I'll go get a bite, and then come back and practice with you Jen.” He promised.
 
Jen nodded giddily, but Caitlin was not impressed and she waited until Jeff was out of sight to let Jen have it. “Why did you do that?”
 
“Do what?”
 
“You know what-- interrupt us right when it was getting romantic!”
 
Jen put her hands to her hips, “Well excuse me for doing something nice and giving you your purse which was left out in the open where people could steal it.”
 
They quarreled so much that the librarian asked them to leave. Luckily, Jeff heard of this, and was willing to perform with Jen somewhere else… in the back corridors of the mall. “EEE-hee-hee… this is going to be so cool.” Jen cried as she ran off, but Caitlin wasn't willing to let Jen get away with this.