Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction ❯ Garm vs Belldandy: Round Two ❯ Who let the dogs out? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Urd reclined lazily on the davenport, watching an episode of Sex and The City while her sister Skuld and Sentaro Kawanishi lounged on the floor, immersed in a game of Monopoly. Velsper jumped up on the couch next to the platinum haired goddess, as if to try and sit in her lap.

"Hey, watch it furball," she warned half heartedly.

"I'm going out," he whispered, so soft that Sentaro wouldn't hear.

"Suit yourself," the Goddess of the Past told him. "Just don't wander out into the street or get chased by a stray dog."

The cat leapt off the couch then ran through a tiny swinging door that Keiichi had installed recently to allow for unlimited egress. The former demon hated the punishment hell had handed down. His whole fate had been decided because he always wanted to remember his doublet, the beautiful goddess Belldandy. Now, he was a lower life form and able to be around her all the time. For now, he was content, knowing full well that she was bound to a mortal both by contract and love.

People gaped at the sight of a monstrous, wolfen creature running down the road followed by a tall gaijin.

"You may not have required my aid, elf," Garm called back. "For you are in the very land where your quarry hides."

Symon knew from the hell hound's actions that was most likely true, as he resorted to a rather conventional means of travel. It didn't take long for them to reach their destination and Garm recognized the temple, having been summoned there before. He angrily burst over the outer gates and into the front yard, hell bent on announcing his presence to the resident goddesses. As per the doublet system, he could not try and take their lives, but sure intended to get a pound of flesh for one-upping him the last time.

Velsper ran up the tallest tree, but knew he wasn't safe the moment he sensed the demon dog's presence. The cat wondered why and how the watchdog of Nibelheim had come to this plane. The latter came to a brief halt, irisless eyes focused up at the small, black cat.

Inside, Urd sprang off the sofa. "Skuld, we have trouble! Call Megumi. Bell is over there!"

"What's wrong?" Sentaro asked as Skuld rushed to the phone and hit speed dial. Banpei went to combat mode and rushed out the door, while Sigel stayed close to her mistress, both to protect her and await orders.

"Velsper is there, Widowmaker," Garm growled back at the elf warrior.

Symon gazed up at the cat, eyes narrowing. He knew Velsper had been exiled to Earth and had his powers significantly altered. That was the only reason he had decided to confront the former first class demon.

Velsper stared down at the elf, recognizing him despite being one of countless enemies he had made throughout the Nine worlds. Symon took an arrow from his quiver and drew back the bowstring, took aim, then fired. He didn't intend to kill the cat right away, just strike the branch it was on to knock off. Of course, the latter didn't know that and blasted the projectile with a beam of light from the star on his forehead. Cat laser.

"Not totally powerless, eh murderer," Symon observed. He took a running start then launched himself onto the tree, climbing it with superhuman speed and agility.

"Garm!" Urd appeared from the inside of the temple, World of Elegance behind her in a battle ready mode. "What business have you here?"

Banpei fearlessly advanced on the canine, holding a charmed halberd. Garm gave an unearthly howl, bowling the robot over.

"Your paltry servant is no match for me," he declared.

Velsper scrambled down the tree, trying to get away from the elf.

"Spirits of water, heed my commands," the elf uttered in his native language. A geyser, powerful and wide, erupted from beneath the feline, sending him high into the air. It set him up perfectly to be belted with a viscious looking mace. The cat's battered body crashed hard through a nearby fence.

World of Elegance encased Garm within a wall of holy flame.

"Foolish wench," the beast snarled. "I have braved the fires of Muspheleim. Your spell is nothing!"

Bounding faster than a cheetah, he headed for Urd, who had no choice but to take to the air to avoid him.

As soon as Skuld got off the phone with Belldandy, she conjured a debugging hammer, configured with anitdemon programs. Channeling her force poweres into a focal point, she charged Garm, swinging it like she had when playing softball for Megumi's team.

Such a blow would have felled an elephant, but the hell hound never batted an eye.

Belldandy emerged from a mirror in her tea room, clad in full battle dress. Skuld had warned her that the temple was under attack from multiple opponents. She feared for everyone's safety and was glad she had left Keiichi back at Megumi's apartment.

Garm snarled at Skuld and lunged at her, faster than anything on Earth, even as the Middle Norm summoned her angel.

"Holy Wind Press!" she called out, sending a focused blast of powerful air, shockwave class, at the huge demon dog.

Symon stepped through the wrecked fence and grabbed Velsper by the tail, stared him in the eyes and slammed him hard into the ground. The elf intended to torture and inflict much punishment onto the demon turned feline.

"Skuld, run that eviction program!" Urd told her little sister. She saw the elf warrior draw his sword, seemingly about to do in Velsper. If the latter died, it meant the same for Belldandy.

"Urd Bolt Strike!" she called, sending a super blast of electrostatic energy directly down on the unsuspecting elf.

Symon dropped the cat, and his sword, shaken by the attack. "Why dost thou protect this fiend!" he demanded, wincing.

Urd was impressed that he still stood and suspected his enchanted sword had protected him somewhat. "As a goddess second class, and a Norn, I command you to stand down!" she ordered him in an authoritative tone.

"I say they nay! Vengeance is mine upon this demon" the elf shouted back in defiance. He brought his foot down on Velsper's neck.

The loud roar of a motorcycle startled everyone and the elf didn't have time to react as Keiichi leapt from the bike and tackled the bigger being to the ground. The attack was comparable to a kitten attacking a panther, but Keiichi knew if Velsper perished, his beloved would too.

Skuld and Sigel hurried to write the program into the ground, but Garm wasn't about to let them complete the job. He lauched himself with unbridled ferocity at the black haired goddess, claws and fangs bared to tear her to pieces. Belldandy blocked his way with a shield, emanating from both of her hands. Hellish energies began to emanate from the hound, his eyes raged with fury and hatred.

"You are the one who overcame me before! I'll savor your flesh!"

Belldandy clenched her teeth, intent on holding him off, but suddenly dropped to her knees, affected by her connection to Velsper. The cat had taken massive injury and it meant the same for his doublet.

Symon backhanded Keiichi off of him, a powerful blow that sent the smaller man rolling. He came to a stop and made no sound, kayoed into oblivion.

"Keiichi!" Belldandy cried, fearful for his safety over her own. She struggled to run to him, but fell back down. Urd swooped in and attended to her, ready to take to the air in case Garm charged them.

Sigel's rocket punch didn't even slow him down. He reached in and grabbed her with his jaws, expecting the taste of human blood. Instead he got mechanical wires and circuits.

"Robo!" Skuld's eyes went wide, then gasped too slow to get away from the hellish creature. A blur of motion flew through the air as Sentaro on his bicycle sailed wheel first into Garm's snout. The metal frame smashed inward by the brute's force. Garm landed on the teenage boy, who had fearlessly risked his life to protect Skuld, not knowing her divine nature. The teenager let out a blood curdling scream as the monster began to maul with with extreme savagery.

"NoOOO!!!!" Skuld screamed in horror, too little, too late.

In the Command Center of Heaven, Peorth sat nervously in her chair, getting a fresh report that Belldandy's life signs were critical and that Garm was attacking the three Norns.

"Chrono, get me Folkvang, tell them I need the Valkyries' aid," the Forth Goddess ordered.

"But it's not our place to dispatch the military especially to Earth," Chrono noted.

"The lives of three goddesses depend on this!" Peorth said icily. "Do it now!"


"Urd, protect Skuld," Belldandy insisted weakly.