Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction ❯ Rind, the Ring, and I ❯ Return of the Otaku ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Late Spring/Early Summer.

Sada watched the last out being recorded at the softball game being played by Nekomi Tech and Tokyo Women's Christian University. He came down from the bleachers to congratulate the team and their MVP, star pitcher Megumi Morisato. Swarms of other fans were wellwishing the players so he knew it wouldn't look out of place. The alum, formerly known as the Anime Otaku, took time to shake hands with the other players.

Having attended every single game for the season, he had come to memorize their names with uniform numbers.

"Megumi_chan, you did great! MVP!" he took the lithe pitcher's hand in his and kissed it. The senses were always important to him.

"Thanks Sada," she said cheerily. The elation of the moment caused her not to be ill at ease with his attention.

She knew him as a friend of her brother, then as a customer at the video store he worked at. He had gotten her some nice electronics equipment at bargain basement prices in the past.

"Listen, I was wondering if we could celebrate your season," he spoke quickly, narrowed eyes staring at her through thick black rimmed glasses. "Perhaps over dinner?"

"Well, the whole team is going to the Hokkaido Grill," Megumi replied. "You're welcome to come along!"

That wasn't exactly what he wanted, but it was better than nothing.

"Okay," he readily agreed, then shuffled off as more and more people came to talk to her.

The feel of her hand and being able to kiss it stayed fresh in his mind.

A few hours later, Sada sat by himself in the bustling restaurant, unable to get close to Megumi's table. She had changed into casual clothes, a red tank top and jean shorts. Quite a tomboy, but she did have an athletic, lithe body. He watched her, stewing inside, watched her laugh and joke with her teammates and friends. The star pitcher was one of the most popular girls on campus, also having earned the Queen of racing mantle. And while Sayoko Mishima had been the idol of mostly every male student, Megumi Morisato was the girl who lit his fire. He started out admiring her from afar, but the chance of getting to know her better despite his lack of social skills enabled him to do what he was now doing.

In the depths of his heart, he vowed to sell his soul to be the one who won her.