Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction ❯ The dreamer and the goddess ❯ Expectations ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Expectations
Nekomi, South east Tokyo, Japan.
Saturday 2PM
 
Keiichi and Yuna head out to the hotel shown on Yuna's ticket, using Keiichi's loaned 3 wheel pickup. Unfortunately the traffic hasn't picked up, obviously due to the incident a few hours ago.
 
Keiichi: This traffic hasn't died down after the accident.
 
Keiichi noticed Yuna was sleeping or thats what he thought she was doing. Yuna is actually using her psy powers to see ahead from her, a power known as “remote viewing”. She noticed the traffic jam occurred due to the “accident” and the backlog of traffic due to that.
 
Yuna opened her eyes and told this to Keiichi.
 
Yuna: The “accident” earlier has caused the involved roads to be blocked, this is why traffic jams are occurring here.
 
Keiichi: I thought you were sleeping.
 
She looks and smiles sweetly to him.
 
Yuna: I was using my psychic powers to look ahead from here, its one of the skills i have.
 
Keiichi: So Dreamers have psychic abilities?
 
Yuna: Not all, the imagination of the charge forges most of the dreamer. From their appearance to their skills. Each dreamer is uniquely created from the charge's dreams and hopes.
 
Keiichi: So you are everything Michael dreamt of?
 
Yuna: Yes. Though i do have a few special traits every dreamer has.
 
Keiichi: Special traits?
 
Yuna: Yes. I can go invisible at any time and can alter someone's thoughts.
 
Keiichi: You won't be doing that on me, will you?
 
Yuna: Of course not, Keiichi-san.
 
Keiichi is surprised and interested, Yuna is almost exactly like Belldandy in every way, even to the point that she addresses him as Keiichi-san.
 
Keiichi: So, what is Michael like?
 
Yuna: He is a brave, courageous, kind tiger of a man. He has a strong spirit and a kind heart. Yet when i meet him for the first time, i saw a differently side of him, a side of loneliness, loss, pain, hurt, betrayal and despair. Like, he was just a defect that nobody wants to care about, that was what he said to me once.
 
Keiichi: But was it just a one-off period for him?
 
Yuna: What do you mean?
 
Keiichi: I mean, was he in a depression for a small period of time?
 
Yuna: No... He was in a downhill state of depression for 10 years. His father left him when he was 6 and was forced to move to a new house by him when he was 9. He was bullied in primary and secondary school with no sense of justice or hope during the time. And the rest of his family just doesn't seem to care about him, he was always displaced or forced. When he cried, they didn't care for him, they didn't comfort him or even give him a shoulder to cry on, even when he was bullied. His work at collage got more difficult and they didn't give him any break, he said that his brother got all the convenience he ever hoped for and not him. His ideas and thoughts were not just about him but about others who were repressed by people who were in a higher position.
 
Keiichi: That's not just sad but terrible.
 
Yuna: But that didn't stop him from believing and hoping that someone will come and save him from his fears. Ever since he saw me on trailers, video reviews, images and covers of Final fantasy X, he thought that i was the dream woman who would saving him from this madness. He even thought of me as a fairy, a nymph and even an angel. Then one day, his wish for his dream came true.
 
Yuna: One day, he saved a middle aged woman from a group of thugs, the woman was a gypsy who gave Michael a doll which was done in a similar image to me. The doll was designed to anchor me into reality and transport me to earth. The same night he save the gypsy, he whispered his cry for help. And then overnight i emerged from the doll and became his dreamer.
 
Yuna was about to continue when Keiichi noticed the traffic picking up, they drove to the hotel designated on the ticket. They then entered the hotel and went to the receptionist.
 
Yuna: I have a room reserved for me and a friend of mine for this holiday.
 
She pulls out her ticket out of her backpack and gives it to the receptionist. The receptionist took a peculiar look at the ticket before checking the room number and ticket number on the machine. After a while the receptionist looks at Yuna and Keiichi and replies.
 
Receptionist: I'm sorry, i can't find any reservations based on this ticket.
 
Yuna: Can you check for any reservations for a “Braska Yuna” or a “Michael Morpan” then, please?
 
Receptionist: OK, but i doubt there is any reservations under that name.
 
She keys in a search for Yuna and as expected, there was no resevation for anyone named “Braska Yuna” or “Michael Morpan”
 
Receptionist: Sorry, no such reservations exist.
 
The Receptionist returns the ticket to her.
 
Receptionist: I'm afraid if you don't have a reservation, you are not allowed to stay in the hotel. Sorry for any inconvenience.
 
With that they left, Keiichi and Yuna are going to have to break the bad news to Michael and as they drove back home, Keiichi saw Yuna looking sad as a result.
 
Yuna (Thinks): Guess Michael-san may never have such a holiday then.
Or so Yuna thought...