Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction ❯ The Made In China Monologues ❯ The Made In China Monologues ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
***

"Ha!"

"Shhh!"

"Why bother? He's asleep..."

"Because he could wake up!"

"Nah.. look at the way he's all cuddled up to Marius," Joker whispered, tilting his grey hat off to the side.

"B-but..." Belldandy insisted, stepping down from her platform. "He's so easily woken up!"

"Then we'll have to be quiet, won't we?" Joe asked, stretching and flipping his braids around before jumping over the chord connected to a rather large and brand-new mouse.

Batman looked over at Batman, and then glanced to the other Batman as well. They all looked stern and unsure of whether or not to join the figures on the desk. The first Batman was fairly cleaned up and obviously well cared for. He stood up and peered over the edge, eyeing his long-time arch enemy with distrust. The second Batman looked over as well. This one was abused - or loved... hard to tell, really. The Bat sign on his chest had long since been scratched off, and there were large marrs of black on his chin. The third Batman couldn't even do so much as stand up. He sighed and shifted his broken leg, wishing he had never been slammed into that tree oh-so long ago.

Just then, a soft thump of plastic sounded behind Joker and Belldandy... as Demona made her appearance. She hissed and folded her wings over her shoulders. "You humans are so foolish. If JN wakes up, he-"

"-won't think anything of it!" Joker interrupted, waving his arms around in front of the gargoyle. "He'll think he's dreaming and roll back over!"

"Yeah, Bobo," Joe exclaimed, putting an arm around his white-faced buddy. "Loosen up."

Lara and Niddler looked between each other, wondering about the conversation. Just what were the other figures up to, anyway?!

"So how's dis gon' work, clown?" Joe asked, pulling Joker at the shoulders.

"Simple, my dear blood-sucker! We just.. just..." Joker looked over the edge of the desk, blinking several times. "Wait a minute... how ARE we going to do this?"

"With wings, of course!" the female gargoyle responded. She stretched hers out and snickered, leaping over the side.

The figures watched in awe as she floated down to a fairly fur-covered brown carpet. Demona laid her hands on her hips and grinned upward at the figures she'd left behind.

"If only I had my Batlaunch," the cleaned up Bat muttered. "But that damned loser lost it.. along with my Batcuffs, cape and the box I came in."

"Mine too!" the abused Bat called around a silver stereo front.

"How about losing your leg?" the last Batman spat, his voice angry. "Don't whine. You've still got all your limbs."

Joker glanced between the Batmen, biting his tongue in amusement. Ohhhhh, how he'd love to tease them. But now wasn't the time for it. They needed to come up with an escape. And fast! Any moment now, Big Mamma could start chewing at her cage and alert JN of their activities. Joker swore the hamster did it on purpose.

"All I want to see is what's in that bag," the clown grumbled, getting down onto his knees to look over the edge... as safely as possible. On the other side of the room, a bag labeled 'Topps' contained a mysterious object. JN had come home today, tossed it on the floor and giggled about it for a while. He had, of course, been sitting positioned so that none of the figures could watch. "Catch me!" he whispered, gesturing to gather Demona's attention.

"Are you kidding me? You'd break my arms!"

"Oh, don't be stupid! I weigh no more than a grape!"

"I won't do it!" she protested, glaring up with reddened eyes.

"Oh, but you will!"

With that, Joker leapt over the side, his grin perfectly maddened. He plummeted downward, his arms outstretched and his grey trenchcoat flapping behind him. (Oh no!) All three Batmen gasped, their eyes widening. Belldandy leapt into Joe's arms, hiding her face in his bare chest - missing a nipple, by the way.

Demona covered herself with her wings just before plastic met plastic... and both creatures tumbled over onto the carpet.

A few moments of silence went by... and the Joker scrambled to his feet, giggling and brushing himself off. "Now THAT's what I call a belly-flop!"

Demona snarled and rushed Joker, tipping him over in one blow. He covered his face with his hands and prayed she was only playing around. All of a sudden, two Batmen thumped onto the carpet nearby.

"Don't you touch him!" the abused one demanded.

"Or what?!" Demona snapped in response.

"Or we pull your wings out of your back!" the clean Batman threatened, pointing at her with his tiny hands.

"Yeah!" the crippled Bat added in.

All figures glanced upward, pausing mid-sentence. They furrowed their brows and then giggled. Right. Like HE could do anything.

Joker, deciding the moment of terror was over, stood up and brushed his curls out of his eyes. "Thank you, Batsies. I'll owe you one." He strolled off, humming a Nine Inch Nails tune he'd heard earlier to himself.

Seconds later, the vampire figure followed the group to the floor, laughing as he toppled the abused Batman over. He ignored the half-hearted threats that ensued and ran to catch up with his buddy.

"Whatchoo t'ink is in de bag, eh?" he asked, matching his stride with Joker's.

"Mmmm.. knowing JN, it's either a comic, a new Power Rangers tape or a new recruit. Hopefully he'll have finally purchased a Harley for me. I need one to dust me off every few months."

Joe nodded and shoved his hands into his pockets, glancing over his shoulder at the Batmen.

After a five minute trek, they reached the mysterious bag and walked around to it's opening. Both figures were excited, eager to find out anything new.

Joker bent down and crawled inside, making soft crinkling noises as he went.

"What is it?!" Joe pleaded, peering into the dark bag.

Silence.

"Hey... Joker? What is it..? C'mon, Bobo.. tell me!"

"You are *not* going to believe this," a weirded-out voice answered.

"Why? What is it?"

Two distinctly seperate giggles floated out of the bag's opening afterward. A few crinkles of plastic, followed by more giggles, had Joe and the rest of the figure gang intensely curious.

From the bag, Joker emerged, his right hand holding onto another one. Out stepped a very sheen and perfectly new Return of the Joker figure, grinning deviously.

"Woo!" the crippled Batman sounded. "Just what we need! Another trouble-maker!"

Both Jokers danced around in circles, holding each other's hands gleefully. They leapt and spun faster, occasionally tripping on the carpet, but having fun overall.

"I may have to share my ledge with you," the original Joker observed once they'd finished being spastic. "But I think I can handle that.. hehehe.. because now we can tell each other caper stories all night!"

***