Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction ❯ Valkyrie's Mirror ❯ Act VI ( Chapter 9 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Oh My Goddess! - Valkyrie's Mirror
 
Volume II
 
Act VI
 
--------------------
 
The bright lights. The glamour of unrequited flashes of paparazzi like light. The masses that glazed over works of art that had very few equals. And for this day, they all were of 'equals' of the same building in attendance. The show was about to finally begin. After so... so long, the moment had finally come.
 
“Will you cut it out Urd!” ..some 'flashes' more in focus than they should be, from afar.
 
Urd just struts, wearing a uniquely colored version of the 'show girl' suit she wore 'way' back in the early N.I.T. Days . Urd just flusters a hand at Keiichi, while literal newszine hounds fawned their cameras all 'over' her. “Oh chill K-boy, the sight you should see is over 'there'.”
 
K1 doesn't need to look. “Not if I want to keep focused on our bike.” ..as Belldandy basks in 'thrice' the number of picture hounds, beaming as ever in the same color pigment suit type as Urd, still color and match coordinating their outfits, this for for a singular cause. This as Belldandy and Urd sport steel blue, silver lined, and dusk midnight hued outfits, which are otherwise carbon copies of the same outfits that Keiichi and NIT Co. saw before their fated 'duels' with the Four Wheels club.
 
Keiichi risks a nosebleed, as Belldandy somehow senses his head tweak over, and waves.. “Oh! Isn't this fun Keiichi dear?!”
 
Keiichi waves back, Urd just sighs at the impossible popularity levels her younger Sister has, while half the gawking crowd (actually all of them,) give Keiichi the ol anime evil eyes. Keiichi just echoes Urd's sigh, before a nice thump on his head reminds him. “Hey, we are 'not' done yet bucko.”
 
“I know boss, I know.” ..as Chihiro gets her primary assistant, (more an equal anymore,) as they prod the few minor tweaks left to their impressive masterpiece. Urd and Belldandy can't help but look either, as their color coordinated outfits were not for their own auspice. The dark leather and wool work-jumpsuits Keiichi and Chihiro worse, reflected their own work of representative genius.
 
Their bike was a work of incredible beauty. It was also intimidating. It also had another hand within it that neither author of the bike, one not present today, that still was ever present. A sweeping bike design, 'swept' forward with the front wheel set in, 'well' encapsulated in enclosed fiberplastics, chrome seamless casings, and carbon steel (and better materials in places,) that gleamed in a crystal clear polish that caught the forum lights, and all the camera pops that made the bike look like stars were flaring all around this mechanical beauty. The set within wheel had all the superstructure wrap around in three distinct areas, the forth portion a near single seeming piece of fiberplastic with inset triad lights of neon, and road spec side inset lights, the mid portion a high class plastic seating with more of the same coloration plastic swept on low to partially occlude, where chrome polished engine area parts were expertly set. The rear set more dragster like, like a funny bike, with the rear wheel set with a 'rear' drag wheel, swept and all. Essentially, a standard Honda racing bike, utterly remade. The original frame and all even altered heavily. It more looked like a lady in winged dark robes, if one looked from on high. Hence the final name, but not one might think.
 
Chihiro just had to sigh as she admired once more. “We can't seem to go a day without that metal bloke on our minds.”
 
Kei smirked, as much as Bell did there.
 
--------------------
 
-Two weeks prior. (Yup, just two.) -
 
“N.. now what did I do? I'm sorrwy! Sorrwy!”
 
Chihiro huffed over the non-armored bloke of somehow knightly note, as many of the usual gallery watched. Lind, sitting closest at the Temple steps, while this anewed spat took place nearby. A new one indeed, over something not asked about before. “This.” ..as Chihiro held a decently strong looking piece of cycle tubing. Imlade noted.. “Aye? That was for Keiichi's bike after that.. er...”
 
Lind of afar and watching, teardrops. “What few things, I am still exasperated about, even now.” ..speaking for a puck face looking beloved. Chihiro spared the rest of the 'boring' details, and begot to the mains. “You know how hard it is to create a simple framing pipe? Sparring physics and all. And I've been told it wasn't the only thing you made to replace certain items on Keiichi's bike.”
 
Imladris just blinked. “Aye? I'm still paying off certain debts. And... well... I.. uh... I am a warrior that has to repair and maintain my own equipment. Um.. I've outfitted many a brave soul for the same purpose, not for my own accord. Say I dare, since beyond the soul of your machines, the make of the base metals is.. well... basic... for me. Their metallurgical makeup I mean.”
 
What Imlade didn't outright tell, Chihiro DRAGGED out of him in quick short order. Even Skuld was a bit amazed when she heard it all. Such seeped out on her tongue “How come you never told us?”
 
“Because of not asking.” Imlade just quipped, and got a nice head to metal CLONK for it from Chihiro. “We ask for reasons now boyo, so spill it.”
 
Imladris just quipped. “What? It's just working basic metals into formats. Keys to swords, armor to springs in armored locks. Application and stroke of heat and water, knowledge of what to be made unto what specification, and work as a proper craftsman of pride should. It's not that hard when one does such long enough.”
 
Skuld blinks at that. “You wana bet Coz?” Imlade just shrugs. “Did so with a dwarf once. I learned 'much' from him, what tell you by tale. A long one I think withheld here.” ..he puts with the glare of a boss still imprinted. Lind meanwhile keeps her smile level, as Chihiro flipped the tubing to Keiichi, whom on cue knew what to then toss to Chihiro, one of a much more intricate piece of metalwork. “Here... try this on for size.”
 
Imlade caught the same artifice, one of bike mode. “Okay.. forgive my knowledge lacking.”
 
“A brake caliper for a BMW 1991 K1100LT.”
 
Lind watched as Imlade simply then inspected all sides of the bike part, caressing it as if reading braille. Both she and Chihiro noticed the interested gleam in his eye. Imlade just jested to his boss of mortal note. “Ye memorize all such parts with such exacting detail?”
 
“Books and computer sites help that, yes.”
 
After a bit more inspecting, running his rough fingers over the intricate grooves and heat wicking vanes, the holes for more than just merely screwing into place, and guessed intentions of the part, given what he'd learned from restoring Keiichi's bike. Something that had amazed Imlade and K1 alike, both for the fact hands other than ones he knew were touching his cherished parts, and more because they acted so dang 'well' after the fact was done. Something in fact Kei hadn't experienced since he garnered his tools from those Machiners.
 
Keiichi remembered well what Belldandy told him, when Keiichi told of his amazement. “The love of one's works can sometimes be transferred to the finished item. And such may bring two dissimilar methods to the same answer.
 
Wow. Kei rightfully remembered, as Imlade quipped. “You wish for me to replicate this iota.”
Chihiro just quipped to Lind. “Wow, he 'can' listen when warranted.”
 
“A chore, tis indeed.” Lind mock exasperates. Imlade's frazzle is a welcome sight therefore. The Knight Lord then instead stood, and remarked. “Can you spare one hour? Two for a proper finish?” ..which made Chihiro blink in confused shades. “Say wha....? Uh... sure. Go for it.”
 
Blank eyes of wondering watched, as in quick order, Imlade called up to his ship, asked for a simple block of replicated steel. He also asked Lind to bring his white dragonskin backpack, and so soon then he did a nice Skuld-like trick from the pack, by producing a large wooden case, that opened up to display a large number of variously sized tools, all made for extensive metal work. The rough inscribed runes all over them, and the case, told the objects were both very well crafted, and heavily magical. (Ancient in feel too.) Hammers, chisels, files, snips, tongs, and more. “Impressive set Cousin.” Belldandy found herself echoing for the sets of amazed eyes all around. This included Troubadour, whom Urd shove-smacked off of her back, as well as Frig, whom arrived on usual cue of a moment like these. (As too was K1's usually freakout.)
 
Imlade just remarked.. “The Dwarves of many a world plane, are such the masters of the art of the living metal, of the magic blood and soul of the earth. Each one a soul that finds this art replete. I found myself fortunate to learn prior, during my mental prison, in the ways of mathematics and metallurgy and such, by their intense hands. And then in my dour amnesia, to learn the skill of making a metal come to life for a needed purpose, to such a need on the battlefield, small and large scale alike. Many a time on the severe quick, before the blood spilt on the far too soon after. Here however, a joy for the much of better.” ..this he takes a position near the bike shed. Before the others got too close.. “Watch with care to your eyes, and hair. For this formally I warn.”
 
By the tenth initial pound, they 'all' backed away. And despite the intense heat within a blush globe that appeared around the bike shed 'work area', it didn't seem to faze the knight as he worked. They all just watched, as more tools appeared from the box, lain in tilt raised trays that held too many tools for the box itself to normally hold, this with as well as a pail of water Imlade asked for. (Skuld quite was good for that.)
 
He took the full hour, an extra half added, for both metallurgical strength, and a decent polish finish that matched the original part's own. Better to make sure it was all done right, a job should always be such. Especially when lives are on the line, such he learned how the cycle lovers of his life, rode their own beasts. (Going that fast is a hazard after all.) The work reflected the respect he had garnered through them, his present family. And so, he eventually stood, with an item that should have taken months to prepare. An exactly specified brake caliper, of the proper BMW 1991 K1100LT mode, no more or less looking like it was to it's original. Details were hard to believe in the end.
 
Keiichi just quipped as such. “Okay, 'that' is cheating gold dude. It HAS to be!”
 
“Magic and technology are no less?” Frigurina just quipped ever too simply, as Chihiro took the part from her sub-worker. One done with a shaky hand. “Where... where have you been all my life?”
 
“Hey.” Lind grinded. Chihiro just snapped. “You know what I mean grrl!”
 
Imlade just shrugged in kind. “Other than respect of the spirits within the metal part there I honed, it's only metal in the end. I tried to keep it adhering in structure, as if it was armor about to take a severe pounding in a long war. Such is not how a motorcycle engine conducts itself, by the heat and pressures inflicted?”
 
The philosophy makes Keiichi wonder at least, but it just dies a collar throttled death (and Imlade nearly along with,) when Chihiro grabs it. “MAKE ME MORE, NOW!!!!”
 
Imlade responds to the 'three' Chihiro's in his vision. “You're.. ow.. the boss, uh.. boss.”
 
“A full bike.”
 
“Aye?”
 
Chihiro just outright dumps Imlade to Lind's amusement, as she then turns on a freaked out Kei. “Ahh! Me like living!”
 
“Keiichi! We need to redesign the whole bike!”
 
Keiichi blinks. “Eh? Now!? But it's only two weeks till the show! What about Sora and her crew!?”
 
Chihiro just snaps.. “When the Director Emeritus sees a winner, I sink my claws deep buster!” K1 just teardrops. “What's with the old title again of late?”
 
Belldandy then offers.. “What idea did you have in mind Chihiro?”
 
Imlade blinks. “You both mention the cycle show-off competition?”
 
Imladris however doesn't care for the renewed focus for the bike modeling, though Chihiro's 'quite' literal plea, a promise of cake from Bell, and a Calcium retarding headlock from Lind just 'convinces' him. (Well, the first one did, the second simply helped. Lind of the third, just likes abusing Imlade for the heck of it.) From there, a whirlwind of two weeks saw Imladris metalworking ala nonstop, off a quickly published of new goddess blueprints, (seeing Chihiro fawn-cry over Skuld-kun freaked out most of the guys that saw,) which all would become the effectual base for the bike. Save for a few special parts that were already premade, and other materials Imladris's metalwork couldn't reproduce, along with other doodads that came with being sponsored in such a big event, the Dream of Whirlwind was complete. (Not the formal name.) Two days ahead of schedule in fact. And since the event was in Nekomi as an earthquake relief bit along with, transportation worries were only a few kilometers away. Or such.
 
Which gave Frigurina time to scold Skuld, Belldandy and Imladris a bit, (and Urd too so as to not take favorites,) about the overlavishment of their assistance.
 
--------------------
 
Belldandy gave a slight glance of this upon her eye, over at Keiichi.
 
“I hope we have not over done all of this.” ..this Keiichi just smiles back unto her with. “Don't worry, it's not just a show competition.” ..this as he looks over at the ol N.I.T. gang, whom were trying hard to not be freaked out. This Keiichi gulped in kind of. “I guess.”
 
Chihiro didn't help. “You about ready over there?”
 
Of all voices to squeak up. “No.” ..this Chihiro quipped over to Bell. “I.... think Sora still needs some help.”
 
Belldandy was already well on over to help settle Sora's, and the whole Motor Club's nerves for that matter, as Urd headed over to Kei. The elder goddess minced.. “Still think it's a good idea? Her... the bike? All this?” Keiichi just sighed a good puff, but then saw how Bell was bolstering them all up, and a good confident flame sparked in Sora's eyes.
 
As such from Chihiro... “Yup.”
 
Urd just held her uncertainty. What with ten other competitors in this high stakes crowd.
 
--------------------
 
An old, historically amorous eye of narcissistic note, kept focus on the Motor Club entry, more on Belldandy and Keiichi, for both lustful and jealous reasons each. Lecherous even. Conniving ever the worse as ever. Such that he was going to resolve all he wanted, once and for all.
 
“I can't believe you dragged me into something like this.”
 
Her cousin smirked. “And yet you liked the plan well enough.”
 
His cousin just winced her eyes too often as the constant flashes of both camera and stadium lighting assailed her annoyed as ever senses. Course that wasn't all that assailed them, when Belldandy suddenly started waving very clearly at them! “Hello Mister Aoshima! Miss Sayoko!”
 
The said (self-still-presumed) Queen of Nekomi Tech just twittered her eyes. “Just how does she do that?!”
 
Aoshima just takes the opportunity given. Sayoko just looks at him. “Where are you going?”
 
“To say hello of course.”
 
Sayoko knew there would be much more to it than that.
 
--------------------
 
Urd noticed as the sight of two familiar reminiscences approached. “Not really expecting them here.” ..this about the time Keiichi and Chihiro eye each other on Aoshima's approach. Belldandy just greets them as openly as the rest of the world. “Why hello to you both. It's been so long since last.”
 
Aoshima plays the dutiful gentleman, if overdone as usual too. “Ahh, the perfect Lady Belldandy. A pleasure as ever and always.”
 
Chihiro just whispers dryly to Keiichi. “Gold dude makes it sound better.” ..this K1 nods plainly. Sayoko meanwhile greets Belldandy. “Why Belldandy dear. How long has it been?”
 
“Quite awhile Miss Sayoko. I hope you've been very well.” Belldandy returns much more easily. Sayoko just manages to keep her smile. (While inwardly wanting to strangle her. This about the only thing left Sayoko hasn't tried on Bell.) Aoshima meanwhile then looks to 'the others'. “Oh, hello there.”
 
Keiichi makes a half hearted wave. Chihiro just rolls her eyes. Urd... you don't wana know.
 
Belldandy then asks Sayoko. “Did you survive the earthquake okay?”
 
Sayoko at least then turns genuine in tone. “My parents were hurt a little during one of the after shocks, but we got off a bit too lucky, even I have to admit. They're one of the sponsors of this event to really help everyone else out. As my father says, help out those that can help out your own pocketbook later on. But it feels good to do something to help.”
 
Belldandy smiled as ever forever. “I'm so glad. Especially with Keiichi healed up after the earthquake.”
 
'That' got Sayoko worried. “I heard about that! Are you both really okay?”
 
Bell almost answered more than she intended, but this turned out to be the time Aoshima started 'his' natural behavior. (Amongst other usuals.) “Of course 'he' is okay. Luckiest stiff this campus ever saw.”
 
“Gee thanks.” Kei quipped back. Chihiro started rubbing her knuckles, as Sayoko actually chided. “Jeeze cousin, at least 'try' to be as civil as your tutors were paid for. After all...” ..this as she made 'buddy' like with a strangely misplaced hug around Belldandy's shoulder. “...there are other ways to prove things by.”
 
Aoshima just looked like a bland puckerfish as he considered, this before..
 
“Wasz this creep doins here?!”
 
“Ah, the missing link cometh.”
 
Keiichi just appreciated Tamiya's timing, not that Aoshima cared for the said same presence. Chihiro just threw her hands into the terse situation. “Okay guys, we have reporters all around us looking for a scoop.”
 
Aoshima didn't take kindly to being that. “Said of one seeking meek fame? I suppose little changes over the years.”
 
Boy did Chihiro and Tamiya growl in matching tune. Sayoko just looked around at the literal extravagance around them. “There 'are' a ton of scoop reporters around us, isn't there? Too bad this isn't another contest to see who'll be queen of the campus. I've been dying for a rematch.”
 
Belldandy just cheerfully reminded. “It is unfair, however this is not for us, but for all of Nekomi. This exposure evidently helps everybody.”
 
Sayoko just slunk her shoulders. “It could be for Miss Japan, and I'd still lose.” ..this Belldandy only blinked blankly.
 
Aoshima meanwhile kept chipping away. “So, this is what dear ol Sora will be riding. How... um... what is the word.” ..not one meant for child's ears, at least mindful a few were nearby. Chihiro got the gist and gripped her arms, (so as not to drop kick the bloke outright, and she would...,) as she responded back. “She's already tested this bike herself, as well as the fabricator, myself and Keiichi here. It'll get the job done with Sora at the helm.” ..this Keiichi nodded just as confidently.
 
Aoshima of course, “Oh, I believe you. Someone has to finish behind us after all. Where probably shouldn't matter in the end. Not after our machine glosses all the covers tomorrow.” ...this as many look at the gleaming gold and purple, with gold chrome no less, Yamaha base bike, the entire chassis swooped more forward to look semi-Harley like, with swooping fins and juts that make it look a bit wicked looking. Aoshima just glosses along with.. “The best engineering and money can buy! I tell you tomorrow 'everyone' will know Toshiyuki brand name!”
 
Chihiro just quips back with more flashes of cameras around her, than when Aoshima was speaking. “Uh... the mags won't show anything till next month you know.”
 
“Who asked you!”
 
Sayoko just eyed as well. “You know the Mishima family is the primary bank roller here, you know.” ..this Aoshima fingers his eyeglasses with a lightly pompous. “Yes yes, though 'my' family had the best designers around.”
 
By now, Sora and her club group were watching, as Chihiro pressed. “Ah, bet you'd like to know we 'too' have a rich and famous designer that practically made the whole bike! Best metalwork I've ever seen in all my years, I'll have you know. With 'yours' truly and Keiichi the best as well, 'not' needing all that hogwash money.”
 
Keiichi just teardropped. “Uh.. I think gold dude said not to..”
 
“Don't worry, I got this.”
 
“Yuhs, yous tell em boss.”
 
Aoshima just shrugged. “The proof is on the track as always. Maybe this time... ah... nah, you wouldn't at an event like this.”
 
Keiichi got that 'bad' vibe. “Uh, you wouldn't try to...”
 
“Trying to wager on an old pro huh?”
 
Keiichi 'and' Sora now got nervous. “Ah... boss, I don't think...”
 
Aoshima just jumped on it. “You're not boy. We are. Maybe the winner... oh...”
 
“Pays for the other's cover rights to a magazine producer of our own choice?”
 
Aoshima nabbed it one step further. “The winner gets the losers workshop. Everything 'else' included.”
 
Keiichi panicked.. “Boss!!”
 
“Deal!!”
 
Urd just moaned as Chihiro seemed to let her dander get the better of her. Sora looked a bit 'poisoned' in the facade, along with her whole club. This while Aoshima knew that winning and getting Chihiro's beloved Whirlwind meant getting Keiichi fired, and 'that' (in his mind,) meant Belldandy leaving the loser and be once again on the heroic pickup on the slide. As convoluted as ever. “Deal indeed.”
 
Belldandy looked on, blinking a lot, as Sayoko just moaned. “(I need a better family.)” ..knowing probably how this would turn out.
 
She however didn't know the half of it, as the announcer started calling out for the end of display judging, and the practical competition portion to come next! Very next as it turns out, as Sora just saw Chihiro come up, while Aoshima bid Belldandy adieu. As he walked away with Sayoko... “There's no way this time.”
 
Chihiro however just looked into Sora's blank eyes, and just gave a confident gleam. Sora saw them...
 
...and did the same.
 
---
 
Keiichi just looked at Belldandy worriedly. “Man, I wish Chihiro would think more sometimes.”
 
Urd, nearby hearing, was surprised when Bell remarked calmly. “Everything will be fine. Sora's not the same since back when she started. Everyone has a moment that finally comes.”
 
Keiichi looked, and then remembered the last testing session the club had, with the finished bike that Chihiro actually had Imladris 'deliver' in person. (Which made Chihiro's suspicion about Imladris's riding ability equal to what Lind pushed at him with. The goddesses and gods were learning mutants as Chihiro came to appreciate, even if it made her jealous all the same.) And then came Belldandy, then Chihiro and Keiichi proving the bike, before Sora found just how much at 'ease' she was riding this new machine of glory. In fact, so much so, they learned that Imladris's armor touch apparently fitted to motorcycles, as Imladris informed the bike was essentially form fitted to Sora, and essentially for 'her'!
 
Hence, the Director's Curiass ('the' formal name,) was christened, and now waiting for Sora's guiding hand. One that seemed readily willing as Keiichi looked at Sora as she fitted a black and silver lined glove, to the blush of her still uncommitted admirer of glasses nearby. Keiichi nodded. “She's going to kick butt.”
 
Urd just wished she brought... wait.. “Where's my camera?”
 
Keiichi blinks.. “Don't you mean mine?”
 
---
 
Aoshima now further away. “No way this time I tell you.” ..this not even caring Sayoko had left to find her parents in the crowd, such was his ego, as he came back to the bike and a high priced bike racer/ringer brought for this very event. A seemingly age it seemed to finally... “No way. I'll get my girl at last! Sora's no match! No way they can beat me this time! No...”
 
--------------------
 
“....WAY!!!
 
Aoshima just stood there in shock, as literally 'everyone' else at the finish line of the race track set next to the show arena, went nutz! Confetti, flashing bulbs and cell phone cameras were going nutz as well, as Tamiya helped hoist Sora, and very larger than her own body trophy, up above for all to cheer madly at!!! Aoshima just stood there with two great clumps of his own hair... er.. to obvious note. This as he screeched.. “How could I lose!!??! Impossible!!”
 
Few heard him, as Chihiro and Keiichi just clapped, both with a good teardrop... “Gawd, she's a natural after all!” ..with Belldandy happily cheering with tears in her eyes for the new champion. Quite a few of the other competition racers that had raced in some of the most amazing bikes ever conceived, were also there cheering, given just how dominated they all were, by one so.... young.
 
Sora took it all in good stride, disbelieving it all as she had all right to proudly think of.
 
Who knew.
 
Chihiro was cheering just as happily, as Aoshima just rudely snapped at her suddenly, all too up close. “Foul! You did something! I know you did!!”
 
Chihiro just blanched. “Well pardon me for not properly maintaining your own bike, old fifth place of ten. Sheesh.”
 
Keiichi next just looks blandly, as Urd nearby just smirks to herself. Oh those unlucky stars of fate. Wonder if Sigrun had a hand. This as Aoshima's entry blew an engine at the final turn, as well as popped the rear wheel well hinge, blew said same tire, and the driver sneezed too hard at the wrong time. Oyah.
 
Aoshima just spouted out despite it all. “Well you can forget the bet! All of it!”
 
Chihiro just leveled a stare, and then promptly. “Eh, who needs the workshop of a loser anyway. I got the best team there is, bar none anyway. Now, if you would.”
 
Aoshima barely has enough time to 'gack', before some reporters just shove him back, as they clamor for any story they can get from the winning team. As far as Chihiro was concerned, she just became national famous! No less her hard workers along with. Things finally were about to change. The coming years were going to be something indeed for Whirlwind.
 
--------------------
 
One following day at a time...
 
“You sure you don't want me to move?”
 
Chihiro just looked over her shoulder, the flashing lights all but starlight on this chilly morning. “Nope, just keep looking champion like for today. Even pay'n ya for it too.”
 
Sora, sitting in her same black and silver racing uniform, her four tiered, golden trophy a good tier higher than she sat, squirming somewhat at that, as her hangover from the previous night finally was abating. (A miracle given Tamiya as the author of said party.) Given that Sora was getting a wee tired of another sort, having been essentially a trophy of her own, as the rather tightly cramped confines of Whirlwind was filled with Sora, her teammates, and Chihiro. Bell and K1 were outside, vainly trying to get some work done, as the rest of the space was chalk full of reporters, many still trying to out scoop each other for any tidbit they could. Japan's appetite for ristars on the racing circuit would be whetted by the start of December, which was not far off now.
 
Sora however 'again'... “Paying for it with my butt here.”
 
Chihiro just smirked and prodded in another sort, as she snapped lightly at Sora's 'best' goggle/glass wearing admirer. “Mind giving Sora your seat?” ..and literally pushed him past more than a few looking reporters, as Sora barely caught.. “Yeek! Suzuki!!”
 
“Sorry Sora, I.. ACK!” ..whence both fell. This as both Sora and Suzuki lain in an 'awkward' position. Chihiro just twittered her left eye. “Maybe I overdid it.” ..before she just turned on the charm. “See folks! Whirlwind can make anyone happy! Mostly for bike lovers though.”
 
While some reporters shouted more questions, Sora and Suzuki just mentally growl at Chihiro as Sora is helped up. Belldandy afar at the cluttered doorway just smiles before looking back as Keiichi kindly finished his demonstration of finishing a refurbishing job on a Kawasaki KX 85 engine block. It was another example of Whirlwind showing off some 'real' stuff. Enough that gave some of these stoic types that 'think' they've seen it all, a reason to smirk. The same that gave Belldandy reason to be proud once more.
 
Belldandy was milling this thought, as Keiichi came up to her. “Wow, this is pretty new stuff for us huh?”
 
Bell's kind smile comes with... “A day for dreams to come true.”
 
Both just smile at each other as some of the reporters take another gander at the winning Director's Curiass as it sat in the sunlight near the entrance, where the other bikes were usually parked. Their smiling didn't prepare them... “ISN'T THIS GLORIUS PEEPS!!”
 
Keiichi's heart flutter isn't helped much there. “If you say so.. Whag!” ..nor his neck as his and Belldandy's are glommed around by a positively bubbling biker babe boss! “I know so! This is what all that hard work was for!”
 
Keiichi makes a reserved sound, which Chihiro blinks at. “Not agreeing, ol underling?”
 
“Oh, just a worry.” ..this Chihiro prods out of him with a waiting stare. (And a bit of neck squeezing.) “We started all this for our love of bikes. We're not going to lose all that if we start expanding? Like good burgers that lose taste when they become mass marketed, and all?”
 
Chihiro lets go and moves to lean on small structure siding, that made up her owned world. “Well, I guess it's a balancing act. But I also guess I just want us recognized for what we do. All this goes along with it, even if it is... pushy.”
 
“Just like you?” ..Kei said before getting a good comical glare in return.
 
“Everything grows beyond their original bounds and ties with time, when the seed is watered and worked enough. Many times more than one ever intended, to whatever end.”
 
Chihiro smiles. Keiichi just replies to Belldandy's eternal wisdom. “Yeah.”
 
Belldandy then adds. “But there are really no ends or beginnings. Just the next step to be taken.”
 
“The one with big bucks behind it, that's for sure!” Chihiro just beams back to her version of norms. Keiichi just sighs. “Nice we had this talk.” ..this just before they hear. “Talk won't be cheap. Not for you.”
 
The three and a few reporters in the area note, as Chihiro warns. “This property is for paying customers and the like buddy!”
 
Not that Aoshima cared. “Oh really? I'm not surprised that you'd hoodwink everyone, after that 'interesting' display yesterday.” ..this as Sora pops her head out. “Chihiro, the reporters want to ask.. eh? Ohhhh!
 
Sora sees Aoshima, Aoshima sorta to Sora in kind, Suzuki at Aoshima quite reservedly. Chihiro still at Aoshima with daggers. A nice gathering the reporters seem readily available to take snapshots of. Chihiro however just looks at Sora's reaction. “(Sheesh, lose the Lolita Complex grrl.)”
 
Aoshima however went with course that solved all that anyway. “I don't buy that you won that contest, fair and square.
 
I want a rematch. Now.”
 
Most looked with pipped eyes. Keiichi just stammered.. “Wh.. what do you..” ...this as fresh engine noises finish approach to the shop. Chihiro of note blinks. “Ah, maybe they can help.” ..though Keiichi looks reserved at this, the sight of three bikers, one known as Keiba pulls his helmet off quick. The other two just watch for a moment, as Keiba quips out. “Having fun today cousin?”
 
“We were. How's the new flock doing with ya?”
 
“Mighty fine.” A knightly voice responds, atop a V Star Classic. “Still getting used to this in a way.”
 
“What else is new” ..his Confessed joshes back, side saddling her Honda Valkyrie as she slid off. All three of which just congregate around their familial kin. Most around watch as Chihiro quips. “So, feeling more 'one' of us bud?”
 
Imladris shrugs in his own way. “Just keeping it on the eternal level, like everything else milady.”
 
Lind answers for him better. “He's enjoying himself as much as we all do.”
 
“Just I?” Imlade quips, Lind answering by bumping her Valkyrie colored biker suit into Imlade's white and blue/gold lined version. His forehead Sigil a befit pattern for the back as much as Lind's never changed since that Inryoku race. Keiba just shrugs. “Eh, they're both a handful, though it'll be worse for long.”
 
“Another beautiful pair soon to see.” Belldandy chimes. Imladris just blushes while Lind looks about. “Was this the goal intended? This spectacle?”
 
“Oh 'aye'.” Chihiro quips back with, enough to let everyone find amusement in each others feelings for the moment.
 
“Hey.”
 
The voice is ignored as Imladris comes up and bows quite respectfully. “And how are ye Champions of this glorious day?”
 
Sora had a different reason to swoon, as Suzuki rubs his head. “Ah, we're great dude. Heh. (Maybe keep the lingo plainer?)”
 
Imladris just smiles as he looks up, before Chihiro just wraps her arms around Imlade's neck, quite choking him as she beams out. “So how's my proud little fabricator today? Couldn't have done it without ya!”
 
“Just... gacak.. peachy boss. Urgck..”
 
Lind shakes her head lightly and quips. “Oh the rewards that are begotten to all in relative measure.”
 
Chihiro notes that, even as Imlade turns a purple shade. “Well then he shouldn't have held back for so long then. Ain't that right bucko!”
 
Sora gleeps back instead. “I think he can't talk Miss Chihiro.”
 
Chihiro just dumps him to a good coughing fit as she chuckles. “Well, like I just said.”
 
Imlade does finally manage.. “Dang what a... clutch.”
 
A rough COUGH then makes everyone look. Chihiro just drones. “You're bordering on trespassing pal.”
 
“I said I want a rematch now! Heed me?”
 
Chihiro just bland eyes back.. “And I should do so why?”
 
The newcomers to the situation watch warily as Aoshima tries to press. “Because I swear I believe you all cheated somehow. NO first timer is that good!”
 
“Not one that lacks recognition of.” Lind remands back, a harsh tone she needs little to find respect in. Names and such not needed to her. Aoshima tries to stab a look back but quickly turns away from a more piercing version. Imladris meanwhile asks over. “Uh.. boss milady?”
 
“Someone who lost yesterday. Lacking... honor... as you would get it?” ..this Imlade looks back and gets a shrug from Keiichi, and just a plain look from Bell. Chihiro just snapped. “Just because you got a bit of bad luck, doesn't mean you can answer for the other racers Sora beat fair and square.”
 
“How do we know that bike didn't have something in it then? Plus 'her'...” ..this a look at Sora that didn't help her confidence. Suzuki shouted back. “Just admit Sora's better than anything you got! Like any challenge you ever did beat us!”
 
“(Nice one.)” Keiichi thought, some astonished looks given to the usually reserved bloke. Aoshima of course to his ego. “So then you won't mind proving it again?”
 
“Why?” Imladris took a turn at. “To hear prattle to do little more than possibly lay harm where none need put through such. Sora won, accept such and move on please.”
 
Aoshima wanted to vent, but knew his vaunted reputation would ill afford it. Instead he tried a tact with a look at the subject bike at the center of. “Oh? And disavow these ladies and gents of the chance to prove me wrong? I thought racing what all of this was about? What about the needs of the fans?”
 
“Sheesh, he thinks...”
 
“Fine!”
 
“SORA!?”
 
Keiichi interrupted by Sora's sudden flush of decent anger and her own confidence, followed by Chihiro's yell, is responded to by Sora in kind. “He wants to race now. Let em. If Suzuki says we're better than anything he's got, fine. I'm game.”
 
“Impressive.”
 
Imlade eyes over to his right at that. “Uh, love?” ..though Lind's strong look said all in kind. Belldandy of note saw Sora not wanting to feel letting anyone down. (Though such isn't really needed in full actual.) Aoshima thinks he has his chance again.
 
Chihiro just gulps, and then sees the reporters that were waiting. The looks in 'their' eyes told a trap was being sprung, whether intended or not. Imladris then smirks and comments. “Well, she 'is' the Mistress of this bike.”
 
Chihiro didn't appreciate that much. “Dude, this kind of crap can lead to people getting hurt, you know.”
 
Imladris then catches Chihiro off guard by whispering something on she can hear. (Though Lind heading through the Meld of Echo, gets the gist enough. Chihiro just sighs. “Fine. You want a race? We'll do it at the test track.”
 
Aoshima smirks. “The same two bikes and racers. And I assure you, this time there is no chance of...”
 
--------------------
 
“...oh you have got to be..!!”
 
The LOUD cheer from a LOT of people, the same crew from the Whirlwind leading on as Sora ride back from a partial polish victory lap, after one heck of a drumming as Sora actually beat the same racer and machine Aoshima 'sponsored', by a good ten seconds. As Sora is hugged in a kind of 'not-realizing-better' kind or way from Suzuki, Imlade just stands by Keiichi and quips while clapping. “Yup, thought those Machiners tools would do the trick.”
 
“You kidding? Chihiro knows her machines better than I expected by now. I need to learn more competition lessons from her.” This while Tamiya hoists Sora quickly after she dismounts, while Chihiro 'reminds' Tamiya through the cheering. “You're still giving the ticket sales to the club, right?
 
“Yus Lady Chihiro. (Succubus.)”
 
Aoshima meanwhile STAMPS over to the driver of his supposedly unbeatable machine of the best racing had to offer. “WHAT WAS THAT ALL ABOUT!?!?”
 
The driver just shrugged. “Once maybe luck. But twice... I'd race again anytime just to be beaten by someone that good. The way the melded together, woman and machine, was...” .this before Aoshima just growls comically. “I didn't ask for an artful assessment! I meant what HAPPENED!? I pay 'this' much money into a machine my Obaasan could drive to glory, and you...!!”
 
“Cut it out cousin.”
 
Aoshima looks behind her. “Sayoko?”
 
The beauteous author or the next act in the story, just remarked to start off. “You always were too blunt with your passion to win. Maybe I can show a better way to get what you want. Especially since 'I' own the controlling share in that bike and all.”
 
Aoshima just looked, as did his hired driver. “What are you....?”
 
Sayoko just walked with a dangerous piece of paper to bequeath.
 
---
 
Chihiro just chuckled. “Wow Sora, guess that old baby faced bit is going bye bye huh?”
 
Sora actually remarked to this with, as she held her helmet. “Oh, there could still be a use for that sometimes.”
 
Suzuki just gulped. “Where'd the old Sora get to?” ..most the others just smiled as the cheering seemed never ending. That would end quickly with, as Belldandy noticed. “Oh, it's Miss Sayoko.”
 
More than a few heads looked, as Keiichi noted in Sayoko's eyes. “(Uh oh, what's she got planned.)”
 
Chihiro started off as Aoshima just caught up to her, trying to be (in her own version of,) cordial. “Hoped you got to see the race grrl. Sora's really become something today.”
 
“Oh, if you want to call it that.” Sayoko started off. Keiba amongst them, noted. “Now what? Sora won. I think we're through for today.”
 
“I don't think so.” This Sayoko put in a stern enough tone to make the cheering start to die off quickly from all about the track stands. Sayoko just put in a serene tone that kept the unease readily near. “While my 'ever' so proper cousin would believe he might lose to a simple, better racer and all, I know better than he does.”
 
Aoshima actually remarks in the fore of Keiichi's own words. “What are you talking about?”
 
Sayoko despite... “I mean 'how' could anyone stand a chance when this bunch of people have a Witch leading them!”
 
That made everything silent quick, as Sayoko stabbed a finger at Belldandy! “I stand to reason that through her, and most the rest of this crew, used techniques that give them a decided advantage over anyone else that could stand a chance against them! What else can I call this, but an unfair advantage!”
 
While most listening thought Sayoko was babbling, the immediate crew knew well enough, as Keiichi stabbed out. “Sayoko! What are you doing!?”
 
Sayoko then made her move. She handed a piece of official enough, bank like paper of some sort, to Chihiro. She read it and blinked, trying not to gasp. “This is...”
 
“The land deed that your workplace resides. The bank you took part of the loan for, is owned by my father. Therefore I can claim legally that land and... well, my father said I could have 'fun' with it.”
 
“You can't be serious!” Keiichi of note. Sayoko drilled further. “Indelibly. Why try to fight cheaters at their level, when you can up them one better. My father taught 'me' well.” ..this last part aimed at a growling Aoshima. “With a word, I can claim the lease, and... well, good luck finding a new home after I am done.”
 
Belldandy this time yelped out. “Miss Sayoko! Why are you doing this? Why would go this far, when you are not such a bad person!”
 
Sayoko by now had one of those AGGRIVATED thought bubbles over her head, but managed her composure to press with. “You want to know why!? How about this! For once I can get back for all those years of torment, ever since I lost my title!! And for once I get to act upon it too!”
 
“You gotta be kidding us.” Keiba quipped, as Keiichi then asked in a weird sorta tone. “I thought you were only a secretary or some... YEEEE!!”
 
Sayoko just banshee screamed out to the ill of her hair style. “I'm the heir to the Mishima family!! Watch your mouth!”
 
Chihiro just yelled back, shaking more and more to the point of crying even. “You can't be serious! My Whirlwind means everything to me!”
 
“Really? Let's prove how much so. Fairly!
 
Aoshima stands smirkingly behind Sayoko, as Chihiro takes the bait somewhat with.. “How bout one more race for 'that'!” ..a hand stabbed at the paper Sayoko holds in crumpled folds. Keiichi and Keiba in kind.. “Chihiro! / Cousin!!”
 
Sayoko smiles. “And if I win, you and all you own are mine. That means to do whatever I want.”
 
“Fine.” ..if Chihiro had better sense to stop responding with. Nay to added objections from Keiichi. “Aw come on! Why are you doing this Sayoko?!”
 
Satisfaction.” Sayoko all but seethes, a bit of all that demonic exposure from on and off contact seeping through, it so seemed. She adds.. “Of course if anyone has a few million Yen and the lawyers along with, we can go that route. Years and years for the same result in the end.”
 
Imladris 'about' gruffed out something to that accord, though Lind held his left shoulder stiffly enough. A few familiar heads turned to look, as Chihiro pressed. “Same race and all?”
Sayoko was aware enough to reply. “Not all. Poor Sora has been through enough today. Plus she's been touched as well. Oh yes I can tell.” ...so she believes. Chihiro blinks dryly. “Tha heck you want then? I'm not just going to pluck just any guy or gal outta the stands here!”
 
“Then I'll choose for you.” Sayoko remanded, waving the damned Proof of Ownership form to silence further disdain. She felt she was the one that had the only right to be in control here. She even rubbed it in as she 'winked' back at Aoshima. “See, this is the way of getting what you want.”
 
“What a world.” Aoshima grinds out, as Sayoko started looking around at the flock of foes, and saw too many that had proven themselves over many, many races. Reputations were swath in them all, and trying to go on even 'her' version of even footing. Keiichi and Belldandy, Was Sayoko crazy!? Chihiro and this Keiba next to her, Sayoko had heard about. Forget that. The NITMC crew was out with Sora, as she already informed. Tamiya was too much a bucket load to make a good challenge. (She 'was' trying to be fair, after all.) These souls Sayoko just knew would defeat her orchestrated plan.
 
Not that she realized it as her own really.
 
--------------------
 
The high early afternoon breeze from on high was being somewhat ignored, as She watched the proceedings below. That was until.. “What are 'you' doing up here?”
 
Hild craned her neck to look upside down at.. “Well if it isn't Our fave brethren.” ..this as Urd had sensed as much as Frigurina did, both with a miffed as ever looking Sigrun beside them both. Birds and clouds belay a simple scene from ten thousand meters up. Hild just drone. “Come to watch?”
 
Urd just imparted off of Frig's question. “Going to answer 'my' Mother?”
 
“We decided to ensure future market shares. That is all.”
 
Sigrun just eyed below at the 'very' scene that was enacting at that moment. “Should I inform My Master of this course then?”
 
Hild just beamed a cute smile, her kith form ever the dire of biker attire. “Inform? Why We believe we should know what is coming! Even We can see this coming. Hence why We are using our new future acquisition and all.”
 
Frig cocked her eyes. “Used? This had better not cause another catastrophe.”
 
Hild waved her hands. “Nay nay, like We don't have an Enemy to finish off first with either. But such the same will not deter Us from our market share. You know the rules as they are played out, such that will continue even into the now and come after.”
 
Urd just sighed. “So it's a game you think you are playing?”
 
Hild just twists around and then waves her relative kin to come over. “Oh come come. It's more than that, since when We implanted the idea in this... Sayoko, as she is so plainly named... to play the game of chance with them all. She's only being as impressive as We suggested of her to be. One step from amongst our lofty flock she already is, so why not use her as Our Mara dear once tried. It'll be good training for when both she, this Sayoko, becomes a CEO of note as well, and also the day We collect from the same resultant chaff. Do come watch and see why Urd dearest, what you are missing out on.”
 
Urd grimaced. “I don't mind missing out on 'that'.” ..though of Frig's part. “But I can see another mind of work you 'think' you see coming.”
 
Hild growls at her Doublet. “We've been at this for too many Eons to not know better of the mortal soul. Plus We 'do' see what Our mutual charge has done with his civilian life off our mutual Wraith watch. A collusion you can attest in appreciating.”
 
Sigrun, looking despite the haughty speech Hild was spouting, just remarks on seeing. “Is 'that' what you mean?” ..their hearing equally up to Eagle par. Hild and Frig look, as Urd cocks her head, before Hild smirks. “Close enough.”
 
Frig however remarks. “I think the race is already lost to you.”
 
Hild smirks worse. “'They' are not Our concern. But such entertainment shouldn't be remiss.”
 
Urd just smiles. “Such an action is more 'my' department anyway.”
 
Frigurina smiles as much as Hild frowns. And while Hild had already two new sets of souls, clawed into and all, the result of Hild 'suggesting' Sayoko to garner hold of the property deed to Whirlwind, (an act meant to fester greed and what such into her soul, and work Aoshima the same along an eventual same road, where not mentioned,) how it all finally turned out became an unintended result of 'all' that prodding Chihiro had pressed upon for months. And while their driver's licenses were only a few minted days old, that didn't stop what happened next.
 
At the end of a stabbing finger.
 
--------------------
 
“Him!”
 
Imladris had long since begotten ill of being the center of attention. Lind of more personal note in gasping surprise, as Chihiro exclaimed at first. “Say WHAT!?”
 
Belldandy unintendedly exacerbated.. “Cousin?”
 
Sayoko blinked. “Cousin?” ...this as Aoshima suddenly gave the unknown soul to him, a renewed look, as Chihiro learned. “But... but he only just got his license a few days ago! You can't...”
 
“I am!” Sayoko trounced upon hearing, Imladris just spouted in kind. “How uncouth is this intention!! My skill at the stake of another's ownership!?? Outrageous!!”
 
Sayoko just eyed Belldandy... “He even sounds like a relative.” Bell just smiled in simple note. “Yes. And if you intend to impress this direction, such will be my trust in him.”
 
“Cousin.” Imlade quipped to a confident looking Belldandy. Aoshima however warbled. “Are you sure about this Sayoko?”
 
“Oh yes.” Sayoko just glammered, a slightly blushed eye at Imladris (never mind more than a few afar onlooking fems the same,) this while realizing.. “(Yes. Who better to humiliate Belldandy with, than one of her own kin. I've never even heard of him! He can't be very good!)” ..this a mind unintendedly echoing her usual self. Not to mention Aoshima's earlier this very day! She just seals it with... “It's either him or you are 'so' done grrl.”
 
Chihiro just growled. The last inflection Sayoko used to quite effect. Imladris looked at Keiichi for some clue on how to combat this, but only saw him asking Chihiro. “Uh... boss?”
 
“So, him and your bub over there then?”
 
Sayoko to Chihiro in turn. “Them both, same bikes. One lap.”
 
“Three. Why waste it all on just one this time? This since there's little choice. (Damn it all.)”
 
“Very well.” In smarmy turn.
 
“Forget it.” Suddenly came from behind them, as Aoshima's hired driver suddenly gets off the Mishima owned bike, (Papers to prove even,) with a good annoyed tone. Sayoko blares. “Say what!?!”
 
The rider just tosses his helmet away. “You can even keep my pay. This is too dumb for even a professional to stand. I'm outta here.”
 
Sayoko just screams back, as the rider heads deliberately into the crowd! “What the heck do you think you're doing!?”
 
Chihiro gets a stab back in with. “Being a decent bloke I'd say. This 'is' all so dumb anyway.”
 
Sayoko however just SHOUTS anime-big head at Aoshima! “What kind of dope did you hire anyway!?”
 
“He came highly regarded for the money! ACK! Sayoko!” ...said ego-diva just starts throttling him! “You and your dumb money! Who are we going to get to ride our machine now!”
 
I'll do it.”
 
A lot of gasps look, as Imladris takes a turn at shouting. “LIND!? What are you doing!?!
 
“Challenging you.”
 
About most were either numb or confused out the Kalamazoo now, as Imladris just snapped. “This isn't normal fare! With all stakes here, what if I lose to you!”
 
Lind just snapped all her bodily language and voice at 'that'! “What did you say?
 
“Er..” Imlade gleep managed, as Lind imposed, quite a harsh tone, if comical all the same . “How 'dare' you say such a disgrace before me. Show 'me' weakness will you?”
 
“Um...” Imlade just swiveled eye at random looking, not getting more than blank, teardropped looks, before gulping. “Sometimes.. a mind to such ills I still am.”
 
Chihiro just moaned. “Oh great, the track will be destroyed.”
 
“Say what?” ...Sayoko blinked, before Imladris finally steeled back. “ERGH! You are 'such' a valkyrie. A challenge you shalt have then.” ..this Lind then looked a bit too contently to Chihiro. “We shall partake in the stakes aforementioned.” ..this Chihiro just sighed and waved her hand in both defeat, and a growing headache. “Fine. Whatever. Just don't kill everybody.” ..before she then looks 'at' Imladris. “At least you get to help 'me' for once.”
 
Imlade dumped his head, as Lind already was going to the now vacant Mishima machine, as Keiichi remarked. “Someone tell 'me' what just happened! It's like a strange fairy tale or something!” Belldandy giggled next to Keiichi, a hand to her chin. “Possibly it truly is.” ..before looking quite serenely at her love. “Is this not what you and Chihiro wished for all this time? The same I have come to appreciate?” Keiichi had to admit with an itch of his nervous chin. “N... no, not like this really.” ..which Bell in kind. “It will be alright. Just remember whom of both are competing here. Such already determines before our knowing eyes.”
 
Keiichi had to think on that, as Sayoko and Aoshima watch this blue steel haired woman they had never met before. Aoshima of disregarding note. “Who are you?”
 
Lind in kind. “You only chance to win. I know your chosen opponent 'very' well. To mind and all alike.”
 
Sayoko just went with it, half numb herself now. “Wow. Well, whatever works for us huh?”
 
“I'm not doing it for you.”
 
Aoshima and Sayoko both stop, as Lind places a hand on their machine. This as Lind was already in silent communion with this unfamiliar beast. The two cousins didn't realize Lind would need that, as Imladris was reintroduced to the machine he had already helped partially make. And with Keiichi's and Chihiro's hands also already lain into the twice broke in machine of black and chrome, Lind 'knew' there was a challenge to be had.
 
Imladris knew there was importance at stake however. He tried to be apologetic at first, but Chihiro just SHOVED him forth to the bike with.. “Let's just do it already boyo.”
 
The immediate first few minutes of renewed prep, also became a strange time as abuzz anew came across the campus folk. Reporters and cell phones were replete with this strange twist, one that soon spread across the campus, brining more than a few new spectators to watch... whatever this turned out to be!
 
One already amongst well by now, came running up with.. “Guys! Guys!!”
 
Keiba fluttered an unintended heartbeat. “Megumi!” ..as said biker Queen came up with two helmets. “Here's their helmets!”
 
Keiichi blinked. “How did you...”
 
“I was done with class when I heard about Sora. But... 'this'...”
 
Chihiro waved it off.. “I swear they both set this up, if I didn't know better.” ..this Imlade took his helmet from Megumi. “I sure had no foresight into all 'this'! Blame me not!”
 
“I will anyway!!” Chihiro comically yelled back!
 
Lind came back near at that point, letting Aoshima's own crew handle what little prepping was needed. Megumi just eyed her as Lind took her own helmet, brought in kind. “Is 'this' what you were talking about a couple of days ago in the waiting line?”
 
The Valkyrie just smirked her effective usual. “One grabs what chances comes to oneself.” ..this she then adds to Chihiro's annoyance. “Note I will not hold back. Not a meter or a gram.”
 
“God forbid the possibility.” ..as she finishes checking the tires.
 
Lind remarks. “I would expect that indeed of Him.” ..and turns away from Chihiro's added growl. Lind then 'reminds' to a waiting knight, as he stands and gets tidbits about Director's Curiass from Sora, with no more than a mindful stare. Sora notes this with her own judgment. “She just doesn't give you any breaks.”
 
Imladris just sighs. “Actually, she gives me a 'lot' of them. Concussions too. Oyah. Sorry about your bike.”
 
Sora smiled back as Suzuki and the troop could only watch something 'way' out of their control “Don't worry about it sir. I'd like to say have fun and all, but... hehe..” ..this as both she and Suzuki knew the relationship vector here, as well as anyone nearby, save for the nearby instigators of all this.
 
Imladris just nods. “Yup, never more pressure than a vice fully applies. At least now I have to back up my discourse unto ye.”
 
Sora giggles nervously some more, as Suzuki remarks. “Hey, just do your best.”
 
“Yes.” ..they hear Belldandy add, as she comes up. Imladris.. “Cousin? Are you... no... of certainty you ever are, I should keep reminded.”
 
Belldandy nods. “Well you should for yourself. But keep the memory of what is about to occur in mind always. Of whatever else, this moment is now to be experienced.”
 
Imladris feels the end of this wisdom at the end of a kind hand. A somewhat exasperated sigh comes back, but with a smile as well. “Yeah, guess anything unique should be.”
 
Chihiro however balks with.. “Just don't lose. Please? Please.”
 
“I won't.” Imladris iron clads back with his helmet shoved on. Chihiro finds a needed strand of hope, as soon after, two sets of engines are fired up again, this time with something real at stake. But beforehand, Lind imparts through her helmet. “A warm up lap to Prepare.” ..this Lind gets a nod from Imladris, before Lind gets a wary nod in kind from Aoshima's pit crew. (All three of them really.) Lind shoots off to test out the one mile, three sharp corner with one added long round corner test track, without heed of much else than to her learning senses.
 
Imladris then hears from Keiichi. “Ready as ever dude.” ..and Chihiro added. “Like the maniac said.”
 
Imladris soon complies, his own jitters having to be shoved down as any other battle, as he has to pay attention as much as Lind is doing, to both the machine, and track nuances, both their minds in that mode by the end of the first turn. Belldandy of note make light of this... “I think both realize their role already.”
 
Chihiro puts in her 'own' light. “I think they're certified.”
 
“Yup.” ..comes from most of the better knowing around. Sayoko meanwhile just looks at Aoshima, both kinda lost their original intentions with all of this. Sayoko however tried to needle Chihiro more with. “Well, I guess one of your own... I think... won't be well liked by the time this is done.”
 
Chihiro however, by now, had realized better. Especially after this long with the two participants at hand. She just responded. “You don't get them.” ..this as the sounds of engines started to grow in doppler. Sayoko was thinking on that, when Lind's bike rounded the last corner. By the time she came to a good hard stop, even Keiichi was surprised. “Dang, that looked too natural for her.”
 
Lind just eyed over at her 'real' crew, as the second bike round the same last corner, 'just' as effectively. By the time Imlade stops in the 'outside' pole position, Sayoko was blurting out. “Don't tell me...”
 
Chihiro just looked over. “Still wana do this broad?”
 
“Yes.” Sayoko snapped back.
 
Lind and Imladris then dignified each other through their visors, as the former informs. “Three laps. Such not to lead lesser for all watching.”
 
Imladris smiles. “To lead a path to Heaven we shalt.”
 
Megumi then whispered to Keiba at this waiting last. “Hope the bikes come back in one piece.”
 
“What about them two?”
 
Megumi gawked at Keiba. “You're kidding right?”
 
And then to insert usual symmetry into this, Belldandy appears with the starting flag, between them both. The air grows quite tense, as Belldandy imparts. “Keep to accord of what this race is about and for. Mindful you both of your new field of glory please. This for yourselves anew and to all watching.”
 
The readily amicable nods given back by both competitors gives Belldandy her measure of calm. What Megumi feared wouldn't come to pass as Bell now understood. But how 'close' to that mark all the same was another matter at hand. Both kept their engines controlled, as Bell stepped back and set her flag. Flashes all around seemed to double as does most held breath, as Bell raises the flag.
 
“WHOA!” Keiichi can't help as two bikes literally blast off by Bell! She turns around to just see in time as Lind already takes the early lead with Imladris dead on her rear wheel at the first turn!
 
The speed for them both isn't the point to worry about, as Lind was used to such speed as she flew in combat many a time. Imladris for his part had a far more technological version, from the same vaunted Galactic Campaign. It more came down to applying old experiences to the new model, ones that struck heavy chords as they sped towards the second turn. The beating in their hearts was not for the race either.
 
'Do you understand my heart?'
 
Imladris gulped a bit as that first as he heard their burgeoning Meld Link. 'I understand many are counting on us.'
 
'On you. My concern lies behind my rear wheel.'
 
The made that second turn, more things being judged as they went. Imladris.. 'And this concern should not concern our boss?'
 
They leaned out of the turn with their knee protections each well scrapped. 'I ply that respect for the sake of our friends. Chihiro knows better what we really are.'
 
'This becomes the reason to oppose here?'
 
'My reasons are not yours. Mine were ever the same in all we spar each other unto. Watch this next turn.'
 
They both leaned at a maximum dared speed, finding how their machines reacted to each other, as Imladris found his machine, while efficient as Heaven, was getting a bit as loose as well, as he couldn't hold the same racing line that Lind forced from her machine. Imladris instead took the exit of the turn as a bounce off to catch up to the outside at the midrange of Lind's bike at his wheel. Doing so takes him PERILOUSLY close to the out track edge, though Lind finds her own action made for a loss of enough momentum to then let Imlade catch up to the full edge of Lind's vision, via helmet. This as they scream towards the long curve..
 
'My reasons are for you to understand. Only when you have, will you have won this race. But only in that way.'
 
Imladris had about two seconds to ponder that, as they reach the long curve. And true to only their nigh insane form, Imladris leans to take the turn as Lind does, and literally presses his body and bike almost onto Lind's, measurable breathing space just zilch as they push motorcycle physics to the wail of their tires! What few that were able to watch from the high, if occluded confines of the track walls above the same track, thought they knew there was a crash coming. Their jaws lost feeling when the two did 'not' do as expected, though by the exit of the turn, Imladris lost ground due to the same effects of strain and some of that looseness of the bike.
 
Lind just threw off the wince of her right leg being pinned onto the black sheen poly-plastic of her foe's bike at the fore behind the front wheel! Imladris just gasped for breath after the high G forces of the turn made, as both returned quick focus to the coming fourth turn. Imladris then returned to the Link... 'You still realize how reckless this all is. Fantasy has limits in this reality. Sad, but still a real limit.'
 
'Then you still know not of my love. Not enough.'
 
Imladris's heart panged a bit of panic at that, as the turn approached quick! Imladris tried to dive in early, but Lind acknowledges the attempt a split second later, as Imladris dives in, but only gets his front wheel into the rear wheel area before both are fully touching, their knees scrapping just as hard when they are seen by the shocked crowd! Lind captures the lead off the turn but has Imladris on her inside now, only a quarter length behind from dead even! The two blast by to the manic arm waving shouts of... “Have some danged SENSE!!!”
 
Keiichi looks at Chihiro. “Uhhh...”
 
“Yeah yeah.” Chihiro already knew fully. Sayoko however blinks over. “Well, your driver still is behind mine at the moment.”
 
Keiichi, Chihiro, and 'then' added, Megumi and Keiba just remark a bit too much in tune with each other. “You really don't get it.”
 
Belldandy did, and knew the result to come as well. The only question was if Imladris knew Lind's heart as much as she hoped he did, as they disappeared into the second lap. Imladris was only having a problem with that, since his mind was concerned on upholding the honor forced unto him. Lind's mind was already awash with the moment, as both went into the second hard corner.
 
By then a different converse was occurring, this time one Lind was not partaking.
 
'You're too loose for what I need.'
 
(Bike: Director's Curiass:) 'You're not using me correctly.'
 
'Inform.'
 
They reach the end of the second corner.
 
(DC:) 'You drive this bike. But you're not 'riding' me.'
 
Imladris wondered in kind. 'Of my deviation?'
 
(DC:) 'This bike has your hands within and upon, this I fully well know, and of the understanding of the soul of the machine in made by hammer and focus. Extend that as you would the same, to ride me as you feel of a living beast for this same intent.'
 
Imladris heard and learned so much anew as they reach the long curve. (DC:) 'I ride with the contact of my soul to the pavement that is also a part of me. With both in concert, there is more that is effective than the power you seek at your hands. With too much of a push, I lose the optimum that results in the better.
 
The same as I feel the wind rush by, and the joy in those watching. This and more is what I was so made, and wish to be used for. Use me for that now.'
 
Imladris had one of those eureka moments, when many of the words of wisdom, heeded from Belldandy for so long, 'finally' was understood unto the soul! Understanding nature in so many forms, and souls that held spirit in so much of life. The new feeling extended to the living metal he had fabricated with such pride, he now understood it's soul, as if one understood the tree for it's roots, the spirits that coexisted between the tree and the earth, while it gave food to many creatures, yet gave more for those that took for granted, namely the lifeforms that once lived amongst them, before growing in self supposed mind to control them. But more, the soil that came from the hills, and there from the mountains, and what created the soil, the spirits further that mingled, many fully aware, yet partaking of each other, reneging, or even obstructing each other as nature of whim created.
 
The watershed moment where Imladris's version was of the bike he rode, the track it rode upon, and all that goddess taught and augmented information and enhanced understanding, both of mind and nanite, that gave the technical understanding to ride as one, that understood 'why' Lind and Belldandy had begotten to quickly to riding such metallic beasts of such ease, was all upon him.
 
And whether intended or not, Chihiro's pressed intent all along. He smiles as he does not realize the fourth turn approaches. “Gods to the Earth indeed.” This before he does focus on it!
 
Lind heard this and wondered, before snapping that thought dead off, to let live her enjoyment in flourish, as they both hit the turn just as insanely as the first lap had been!! They SNAP by the S-F line with Keiichi and Belldandy both jumping and shouting to the unintended reflective mimic all real of the most of the rest of the crowd!! “Go man go!! / Keep going! Yes!!”
 
Chihiro by now was just as emotionally skewed, as Sayoko and Aoshima just wondered 'what' they got into! (And in fact didn't realize how 'Hilded' they both had been even! This Frig's eventual chastises to the CEO would fall on deaf 'forked' ears later on anyway.)
 
And to be sure...
 
--------------------
 
“Wow.” Urd and Sigrun blurt, neither even remotely close to being as skilled, though mainly to lent to passions unrelented, than their lack of the same 'technical' goddess understanding and being. Frig just rubs at her own melon with equal exasperation. “Those two will 'never' give each other a break. Forget settling them down even 'after' they do so!”
 
Hild however just quips dryly. “Still not unto par to broom racing.”
 
U/F/S: “Oh shut it and watch wench!”
 
Hild looked perturbed at being spoken to like 'that'! Frig sure enjoyed it.
 
And back to two other enjoying....
 
--------------------
 
Lind noticed something 'far' different, as Imlade hit the second straight with such ease, with the next turn flash approaching. As they hit that turn, Imladris even began to drift enough to gain outside edge, and gain to near dead even again! Lind realized at that moment from hearing Imladris's mind echo... 'You 'are' a god.'
 
'Do you mind love!?' ...Imlade girly screeched back, whit Lind smirked quickly attempted to commune again with her bike, as the long curve approached.
 
'Can you give me any...'
 
..and in WHINNY turn!! 'ALL MY PARTS ACHE LIKE $#!^!! I NEED A BAD LUBING MAN!! BY MY MAKERS, THIS SUCKS... (Ahem..)'
 
Lind got the 'gist' the bike wasn't quite as expertly made as originally paid for. Lind just dryly looks blankly at nothing in general, within her visor. “Lords on high, what a whiner!”
 
And then they hit the long curve, and Lind knew it was then already over. Imladris hit the zenith of understanding his chariot, as he drifted the turn so effortlessly, even as Lind's rear wheel was quite literally touching the mid of Imladris's bike. Lind however couldn't get her bike to bite hard enough because of that and had to jink 'just' enough in righting the bike forward and proper at the turn exit, that Imladris pulled ahead finally!
 
At the wheel only and on the outside, as it turns out, at the fourth stretch, as Lind tried to boost more speed...
 
'I understand. But I have a goal first.'
 
Lind gasped, and lost 'just' enough focus for that next split second to let Imladris pull a half length ahead! They come to the turn and Imladris's uses 'ALL' his gained length to dive into the turn, where the bike loves it! The racing line Lind is forced to take takes her over the inner rumble warning strip, pushes into Imlade's bike as he releases from the turn...
 
“GO BUB GO!!” Chihiro shouts to her supreme glee, as Imladris makes the turn with a half bike length lead, and manages it at a natural turn line, SHOOTING by the finish line at only a wheel length lead as Lind manages to recover, too late, and to 'such' a cheer!!
 
Sayo/Aosh: “Aw crap!!
 
The cheering however is lost into the fact that Megumi then shouts! “Hey! There's a new fangled invention called gas! The Finish line's back here too!!”
 
Belldandy however then looks back with 'such' a beaming smile. “They looked so in synch there, did they not?” ..this seeing something everyone was missing enmasse. Megumi just blinked back with her own version. “They looked.... heh... racy.”
 
Keiba however balks.. “I'm still not riding that hard like that. My bones aren't that tough.” Megumi however prodded back bemusedly.. “Wuss.” ..which make Keiba look at her in disbelief, as intended.
 
Keiichi meanwhile just remarks to Chihiro. “So.. think they pass? Eh... huh?!” ..as Chihiro just ignores him to suddenly scoot over and... “Gimme that!!!” ..NAB the property lease papers! Sayoko just only looks in dumbfounded objection as Chihiro bounces around like a Texas jack rabbit! “Mine mine mine!! Oh Yes! Yahoo! Yes! ALL MINE!!
 
No one however objected of course. The cheers were well within stride anyway. This continued soon after as the two riders 'finally' round the bend, but 'not' at a cool lap speed!!! Keiichi YELPS! “JEEZE!!” ..as the two finally screech to a smoky tire stop, with Imlade even burning his rear tire as he rounded the bike to face towards Lind's! Imlade however can't react further before most of the Whirlwind/NITMC crew mob him! Chihiro as much moreso. “You did it! Holy cow you really did it!!”
 
Imlade however loses feeling in his teeth, as Chihiro then shakes him. “Don't do that again!!!
 
“Tis was not 'my' choice!” ..Imlade manages out, though this soon turns back to celebrating. Lind meanwhile just enjoys the moment, though for her 'own' focused reasons. Ones that even are making her Valkyrian blood and code boil over! Such as a bad time for Aoshima, having seen his bike lose a third straight time, to blow a gasket at her! “What the hell was that??!! How could you lose to...” -SMACK!-
 
Lind's stiff backhand just comes with. “Your bike cries for a better tender. Such for your shame.”
 
Sayoko just comes up... gingerly.. and asks in better form. “I thought you said you could beat him.”
 
“I said I was your only chance against him.” Lind states, looking at only 'one' soul, there and then. “But there's little chance when the machine is not up to par. I'll need a better machine next time.” ..and leaps off Sayoko's machine, and leaves it all 'there' to fester.
 
Keiichi meanwhile just ruffles Imlade's hair as his helmet is yanked off by said owner. “You know your drama and flair, gold dude.”
 
Imladris just smiled (shrugging,) and instead responded to Belldandy at first... “I understand.” ..and then to Chihiro.. “I really do.”
 
When it becomes that Chihiro tears up as much as Belldandy, in understanding for that moment, it all becomes of something indeed. But another understanding came next.
 
“Another race beloved.”
 
Imladris looks in shock at Lind. “Wha!?”
 
Lind pressed her melon onto his, Imladris 'blessing' he he felt her forehead Sigil in a formal tactile fashion. Imladris blushes through as he manages.. “I.. I know you wanted to beat me, in challenging me....”
 
“Never of results was my intent, 'my' love.” ...this Lind puts in a serene tone. The others watch as a Valkyrie's heart blesses forth. “To race 'you' was all I wished for. In all manner of ways are such my challenges, pressing and testing you, to exceed further than the last mark. Such is where my new joy finds it's battles. The sooner the next challenge of this new mode, the more joy I will feel.”
 
Imladris sniff-chuckles out through a heck of a lover's blush. “Such a Valkyrie you of all such are. 'My' sweet and barbed beloved.”
 
Keiichi just moaned. “I think it's time to get them both, bike maintenance lessons.” ..though Megumi just eggs this on with.. “Maybe you both can handle Inryoku finally then.” ..this K1 blanches.. “But the JDOT just fixed that road finally!”
 
Imlade just smirks. “Too bad, how sad.” ..this Lind smiles and heeds the night to come.
 
--------------------
 
-One quiet, three mornings later-
 
“So, guess that's that then.”
 
Chihiro just smiled. “Yup. Hope that report looks good in the mag.” ..this as the last, and quite most patient of reporters finished up on her laptop, and settled to head off. A lady of short, spike-soft cropped hair just then asks for her accord. “Are you sure you're just sticking to standard bikes and the usual? I swear you got something special starting around here, if I may say so.”
 
Chihiro just smiled 'so' contently, and looked around her permanent shoppe. (Her's and her's alone forever if she could manage it.) She then half shook her head and answered. “That bloke is too special. If I really want to use em to make a special bike with us, I'll ask when he knows I want to. Course I have to get past his 'guardian' first and all.”
 
The reporter just smiled. “Must be a special cake then when the next one is made.” ..speaking of the next if ever made bike or magical fabrication. Chihiro responded while holding one of Keiichi's Machiner tools to her chin, an open ended wrench at that. “Oh, he loves cake. But not every cake can be mass marketed.
 
But the next one will be just as famous for it's singularity, and all that crud.”
 
The reporter left it at that, as Chihiro then walked outside and saw Bell and Keiichi fiddling with a brake caliper, Bell this time feeling it over to 'see' where it hurt. Keiichi looked up as the reporter left. “Another good interview?”
 
Chihiro nodded. “Not that that race was supposed to be about us, but I guess we're getting a lion's share of the attention now. Might even get enough business to finally expand and hire new workers for the larger projects I wanted to start. I'll give us time to focus more on custom machines.”
 
Keiichi blinked as Belldandy looked on, cradling the brake part like a kitten. “Us?”
 
Chihiro blinked. “Yeah. I mean... if you want to. Probably would mean a heck of a lot more work, probably you two would need to help with more front office work. I mean... if...”
 
Keiichi smiled. “Heh, going anywhere now would be a dumb thing. I'm still learning from ya anyway.”
 
Chihiro blinked. “Me?
 
Belldandy smiled over. “We've learned so much in our time here. So many wonderful things. And if Keiichi dear says he wants to remain, I won't leave his side either.” Keiichi harmonized in kind. “I got a ways to go to think about being an owner, or doing anything like you have done boss. Besides, I think there's still a lot to do before I make any decisions.
 
Like maybe start a racing team of our own, or other things.”
 
Chihiro looked ready to cry. But not, as instead she went with her nominal demeanor and started SMACKING at Keiichi's shoulder. “So you two want to be abused by me some more eh! Don't expect any extra time off than you two already cause.”
 
Keiichi dryly moans as Bell looks blankly. “Gee, we feel so blessed.”
 
And then on ever the appropriate cue, two motorcycle engines that were starting to become familiar now, bring one leading Valkyrie as she beats her beloved to the gate entrance 'once again'! She exacerbates with a jackknife spin of her Honda Valkyrie, to face an already stopped Imlade. One who tears his helmet off outright! “That's twenty-seven times in a row! Lemme win just 'once' again milady!”
 
“Forget it.” Lind quips, Keiichi blinking blandly. “I thought you said you 'understood' and all that.”
 
Imlade was going to answer when Chihiro just chucked a rock off Imlade's hard head! “There's a stack of parts to sort, and some paperwork as well with your name on it!”
 
Lind just looks over. “And I?”
 
Chihiro thumbs. “Help road test with Keiichi later, that bike over there.”
 
Imlade just shrugs, rather than whine, like it'd do any good. “Well, back to the ol grind.”
 
“Oh yeah..” Chihiro 'adds' with crackling knuckles. “Grind ya good.”
 
Chihiro even makes mock Training Instructor 'hup' sounds to prod Imlade along with, as Lind smiles to Belldandy. “Appreciative is she not?”
 
“With such grace and care too.” Bell quite literally comments. Keiichi just blinks in disbelief at them both. “You both don't know sarcasm do ya?”
 
Lind just shrugs. “Urd already is replete there, where we are not needed.” ..this K1 nods readily as well. Belldandy just hands the brake part to him then and just smiles through and through. K1 just blushes per his Keima-gene instilled nominal, and Lind just smiles in sake of it all.
 
Chihiro (inside:) “I SAID SORT THEM BY MANUFACTURER NUMBER, NOT SERIAL NUMBER!!”
 
Imlade (whinny:) “Nya hon furus nwacla ar racina!
 
Chihiro (SNAPPY!:) “Cry in Japanese already!!”
 
The three just laugh, as another kind of family should.
 
--------------------
 
Aoshima and Sayoko didn't like the lecture they got from Sayoko's father about the lost revenue and all, from the race. Aoshima just moans to Sayoko. “Why am I here?”
 
Because I am. Shut it.”
 
They got yelled at more than they ever did as kids. Probably explains a lot.
 
--------------------
 
-Later that day-
 
Suzuki was walking down a simple side street, looking for a late afternoon snack. That was until the sound of a ridiculously modified Honda monkey bike suddenly pulled up to his left. A set of soft, but much more than ever, confident eyes looked from within a white helmet with a Shoei sticker upon it, at a surprised pedestrian.
 
Going my way?”
 
Uh! Ah! Oh yeah, yes! Yes!!”
 
As Suzuki got on, quite close since the bike was danged small of seat, he didn't realize lot of snacks would soon turn into box lunches and more, in the immediate future.
 
--------------------
 
Frig floated along the now serene grounds of the Temple, the sun she knew so long ago as part of her ancient works left unto said selves, just shines it's eternal middle aged solar radiance upon her soft brow. 'Tis such a glory of a day.'
 
And then there was a sneeze, and about a bazillion red rose petals shot everywhere again. A rose goddess just moans like she had a BAD flu from inside the residence. “Devoir ce jamais se terminer!?!?” Frig just sighed as Talos emerges from the residence. “Blather it all, she still tisn't well.”
 
Frig just groans. “I told you the medicine you and Peorth took would take another day, before you could get near her again. Swear under bless I do of you, for causing an allergic reaction unto my Primary Administrator, despite unto this Earth she is attuned.” This Talos just looks sadly, if meekly in reaction. Frig just conjures a broom and dustpan with nary a spell uttered, and smacks them into Talos's chest. “Here, you clean it all up this time. Five times wasn't enough to teach you. At least Peorth remembered to change her nasal code to something other than that... ick... we could be drowning in. And be patient about it will you?”
Yes milady.” Talos moaned out and started his sad sweeping attempts. Frig despite, just giggles under it all, knowing this state of affairs was killing them both. Hence their last trip to Paris together didn't go so 'hot' as intended. Almost had to be separated to the other side of the planet each, before Urd recognized it as a unique 'Commitment Bug', that Peorth forgot she had, given how long ago Talos had been out of her life. (Work in Heaven can do that when 'really' wanted of forgetting.)
 
More than one reason that Frig and her group had been bugging the 'heck' out of Hild for the past few days, even after that race that impressed even this ancient Lady of the High. A long story held short, as Urd frittered nearby. “Still bad huh?”
 
Frigurina just shrugged. “The unknowns of cross world relationships. You should know.”
 
Don't start Mother! That dope is driving me crazy again! I had to make him go repair trees in the Amazon to get some peace, sheesh!”
 
Frig just looks at Urd, before Urd just relents a bit too soon after. “Oh okay, so I missed him.”
 
Knew you did.”
 
This spiel suddenly ends at the end of a Gate activated 'door' that chimes into an opening about near the main temple. Frig and Urd float over as Talos watches, with a red wine haired General appearing through. Hirund responds first to Gate, as she pokes her head through the opening, like into from another room, with the General remarking with.. “Swell and done, as my semi-grandson would remark.” ..as she tosses some Angelsugar cubes to Gate. The Utility lass squeals. “Yay, good tea session today.” This as she heads 'back' in and closes the Gate behind her. Frig comes up and bow-curtsies, Urd doing likewise. Hirund in return the same then hears.. “So everything is in place?”
 
Hirund responds to Frigurina.. “Lind's regimen is ready, she just needs to clear it through the Training Judicator up in Heaven. Hence why I am here, but not just just for only so and such.”
 
Frig cocks an eye, as Hirund then pulls from her Valkyrian jumpsuit folds somewhere, a glowing white card of a sort, this Urd looks unto.. “What is that?”
 
Frig takes said card, and upon reading.. “By the Light! There hasn't been a special occasion of this sort in an Age!”
 
Urd takes and reads to her suddenly paling skin tone, (a good trick at that too,) as Hirund smiles. “If he wanted to wane from the glory light, this tisn't his time to attempt such.”
 
Frig blinks. “So this means...”
 
Hirund nods.
 
And the grounds explode with more rose petals!!!!
 
Frig/Urd: “TALOS!!”
 
I'm way over here blast it!!” ...not within even near the residence anymore, though in a day that will change. Hirund just smiles at it all, and smells of it like rarified air. “Ah, the smell of mortal chaos in the daylight. Smells like... victory and joy.”
 
Frig: “More like Murphy's Law, that danged god of a mutton.”
 
Urd: “You sure Skuld didn't help?” -BONK- “Okay okay! Not she did! Ouch.”
 
Hirund then heard from Frigurina. “You'll have to wait till this eve. Where they are, you should be awares.”
 
Hirund nodded, quite contentedly. “All the more to replete their shock, when time comes. Till, then.. where's a good place to eat already! My tummy aches in objection!”
 
Frig shocks Urd before she's dragged along anyway.... “Your godson's funds are replete! Let's have a day of pigging out at expense to that end!”
 
Urd: “Jeeze Mom! Wait! I didn't forget how to walk here you know!!!”
 
Talos just sees them suddenly disappear to the terror of vendors all over Nekomi. He sighs, before he hears Peorth emerge with at the doorway. “What was all that bruit fort?” ..before she sees Talos again.
 
And promptly sneezes. Talos is up to his neck in rose petals now, as is half the temple grounds, as he anime cries. “I got stuck here on this Plane for 'this'?”
 
The next sneeze just covers his muffled sobs.
 
(End Act VI - Vol. II)
 
===================
 
Author's Notes: Believe it or not, this story has been on and off in my mind, for nearly a year now, since my last chapter. The whole story in fact, though being just burnt out after writing for so long previously, prolonged things more than I actually wanted. Sometimes there's an interest level that's needed to get the love of the details in, to make a story good. When it's not there, ick. Bugged and ate at me to not write like I wanted, but time helps, and here it all comes around.
 
Have to thank The Goddess Project net site for a question I had about 'who' the heck the names were of Sora's NITMC club mates, especially Suzuki, Sora's admirer in the manga. Also wanted to 'use' Aoshima and Sayoko of my own accord, especially in way that Hild could have 'used' them, while all this still hearkening a theme I'd been ploying around with since the race in Act II - Vol. II. I wanted to put of the 'racing' spirit that had underpinned much of the series in general, into all this, and as another part of Lind's and Imladris's relationship.
 
Either all of this makes sense, or just gets flustered off with ill words. Each to their own. :)
 
But now I get to a point in the story, where several events, probably as outlandish as the next, start happening. But before that, something more holiday themed first off, in a stand alone story coming, that only needs writing out over the next week or so. Something 'carol' like.
 
But first, some pizza. Cyaz next act.