Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction ❯ Way of the Ya ❯ Vol. One, Chapter Eight: Voices Carry ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Voices Carry
Yulia slept near the window when a shuffle woke her up in the living room. The wild girl slowly woke up. A figure was putting on a jacket in the dark. Yulia sat up quietly. The person looked like Shone. Yulia watched on for a moment. Her eyes widened quickly.
“Shone?” she whispered aloud. “What are you doing?” Her boyfriends whipped around quickly and covered her mouth.
“Shhh!” he whispered to her. His woman went quiet right away. Shone smiled at her kindly.
“Come with me tonight,” he whispered. Yulia looked at him with joy in her eyes. She tried to speak, but Shone kept his hand over her mouth.
“Just nod,” he whispered. Yulia did so. Shone smiled at her again.
“Quietly, go get dressed,” he told her. His girl nodded again. The boy lowered his hand and Yulia hurried up the stairs. Shone stood behind her smiling.
Soon, the couple walked outside. Yulia looked around her. Night as far as the eye could see. Street lights above provided the light they needed tonight. The rich neighborhood slept in for the night. She turned back to her man.
“I don't get it,” Yulia said. Shone smiled at her.
“Get what?” he asked. His girl shrugged at him.
“Why are we here?” she asked. Shone smiled at her.
“Just cause,” he replied. “Nice night.”
“Yeah, but why?” Yulia asked. Shone moved in a bit closer. His girl felt herself blush. “Oh damn!” she thought. “I didn't even realize he towers over me now!” He took her into his arms.
“I just wanted to get away,” Shone whispered to her. Yulia blushed some. He knew how to set her heart on fire.
“Get away…” she said. “…with me?”
“Yeah!” Shone whispered. Yulia blushed again.
“Okay,” she mumbled. Her man kissed her on the forehead. Yulia froze up for a moment. “Oh wow!” she thought. Her mind went blank. Shone slowly pulled away.
“Shall we go now?” he asked her. Yulia looked at him confused.
“And go where?” she asked. Her love shrugged at him.
“Anywhere,” the boy replied. Yulia thought about that for a moment. A smile came onto her face.
“Okay,” she said. “Let's go.” The couple headed off into the night. Shone led the way naturally.
“I'll show you where I like to escape to at times,” he said. His girl nodded at him.
“Okay,” she said. “Lead the way!” Shone did so.
The couple walked out of the neighborhood into the woods. The rich boy held his girl's hand the whole time.
“How do you know where you're going in this place?” Yulia complained to him.
“Are you doubting me babe?” Shone asked.
“Just saying!” his girl called.
“There's your answer!” hey boyfriend spoke up. Shone stepped up onto some decaying logs. He helped his lady up as well. Yulia liked not having to walk in puddles left over from yesterday's rain. Sadly, her feet would be freezing now. Shone led his girl through the brush.
They came to an open field. Yulia looked out amazed. Lights as far as the eye could see. Shone sat down on the cold wet grass. He looked up at his love.
“Come lie down with me,” the boy said to her. Yulia smiled at him.
“Surely,” she replied. The thugette sat down next to her boyfriend. Shone smiled at her again.
“Beautiful, huh?” he asked her.
“Yeah,” Yulia replied. Shone gave her a little shrug.
“Found this place two years ago,” he replied. “My mom was driving me crazy one night and I stormed off. I wandered aimlessly until I came here. Now, I come here ever since.”
“I see,” Yulia replied. Shone nodded. But then, a question came into her mind.
“Shone-kun,” Yulia spoke up. Her boyfriend looked over at her.
“Hm?” he asked. Yulia sat up some.
“Where's your dad?” she asked bluntly. In a few seconds time, the ruffian wished she hadn't asked that. She noticed Shone's face. He looked like… he would cry. Yulia's heart began to ache for him right away.
“What's wrong Shone-kun?” she asked him. Her boyfriend shook his head.
“Dunno,” he replied. “I haven't seen him since I was nine.”
“What happened?” Yulia asked. Shone sighed and shrugged at her.
“My parents are divorced,” he explained. “My mom hates my dad so much that she banned him from ever calling, writing, or visiting us.” His girl looked on in pity.
“I'm so sorry,” she said to him. Shone smiled at her sadly.
“It's okay,” he said. “I've gotten used to it now.” His girlfriend didn't believe him at all. It's one thing for Kimi to be hateful to her. But being hateful to the father of her children for no reason? That's just wrong! Something had to be done. But for now…
“Hey!” Shone said quickly. “You want to go pick up something to eat?” Yulia looked up at him on that one.
“Hm?” she asked.
“Want to get something to eat?” Shone asked again. “I know a good place in the city where they are open twenty-four/seven.” Yulia smiled at him lightly.
“You know what?” she asked. “I sure would!” Shone grinned at her on that one.
“Well then,” he spoke as he leapt up to his feet. “Come, let's go get a treat!” Shone helped Yulia to her feet and the pair headed into the city to eat.
Eat Up!