Akira Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Chaos Academy ❯ The Chaos Academy ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: All characters belong to their respective owners.

Summary: The infamous school from "The Anime World" is finally open for class, and education will never be the same...

Author's Note: I first came up with the Chaos Academy as a mere joke for "The Anime World." That was a big success, and I was thinking of a sequel, when one of my readers asked if I was going to write more about the Academy. I hadn't planned on it, but that very same morning, I already had three pages done. This is the result, and you've all got Star Otaku to thank for it. Enjoy!

1. I have given some characters additional powers. After all, it works for the story, so don't bother telling me what they can or can't do, because I'll just say it's my fanfic and not yours. If you're looking for some sort of continuity, stop it. :)
2. In creating the Chaos Academy, I've combined elements of high school and college.
3. The Kagato mentioned here is the grey-haired one with the spaceship Souja, not the dark emperor of Jurai (who has green or blue hair).
4. Tetsuo was featured in an 80's anime movie called Akira. If you haven't seen it, and you like blood & guts scattered everywhere, do yourself a favor and try to find it.
5. This story was intended to be a mini-series, but I figured I'd save us all some time and make it one story.
6. The Sabrina mentioned here is the younger version of the Saffron City Pokemon trainer, in case you get curious.

<...> are thoughts.


The Chaos Academy


Professor Tomoe was the toughest teacher that ever lived. He was also the best. His classes were always full, and the students in it were always struggling. The few that did pass went on to become the best villains. The rest got booted to Rerun Remedial School.

Of course, being smart wasn't really a requirement in this class. Being totally evil was, but it helped if you could be fiendishly clever at the same time. So far, only four seniors had received Prof. Tomoe's seal of approval. Around school, three of them were known as the Destroyers, and for good reason. Kagato, Vegeta, and Garlic Jr. all had very bad tempers, and the raw power needed to back them up.

Kagato was the leader and the brains of the group. It was rumored that he'd seduced every female teacher in the school. That was only a rumor, though. He'd actually only gotten to one, but since she was the toughest female teacher, and the smartest being to ever grace the hallowed halls of Chaos Academy, the feat made him legendary among the students.

Vegeta, the enforcer of the group, was supposedly the strongest. He was captain of the school's football team, which was aptly called the Heralds. That was short for Heralds of Apocalypse (with Vegeta, of course, being the Apocalypse). It was also Vegeta's duty to date every head cheerleader for at least three days. No girl had ever held his interest longer than that. No girl but one, anyway.

No one knew very much about Garlic Jr. He obviously wasn't human, and his father had been one of the school's founders. He had the nastiest temper of the three, and spent most of his time creating strange potions in the science lab.

The last senior was a spirited girl named Ryoko. She had recently become the head cheerleader, and Vegeta's newest girlfriend. They'd been together a record three days...and two months. No one could figure out why, though. Ryoko seemed to be like all the girls before her. She had a love for blowing up things (as did most of the students), and could easily win a beauty pageant, if she added a touch of make-up. There was only one thing that made her different, and most people considered it a bad thing: she was the alleged daughter of Professor Washu. Ryoko never confirmed or denied the rumor, but it was clear she didn't like her "mother" very much.

* * * * *

The day had started off like any other. The elite seniors were all gathered in Professor Tomoe's homeroom for the morning announcements.

Tomoe cleared his throat and began. "Everyone remember to congratulate our Heralds when you pass them in the halls today. They captured the western division title last night, and are now in the finals."

A collective cheer went up around the classroom, and several students reached over to clap Vegeta on the shoulder.

"Also, Garlic Jr. took first place in the state Science Fair this year with his project on the Chaos Theory. Kagato & Vegeta took second with their combined project on Human vs. Saiyan Stamina."

Another round of cheers, followed by shoulder claps for all three Destroyers.

"Oh, and now some very good news. It appears we have a new student joining us today. All of you are to report to Gauntlet Arena after homeroom." Tomoe glanced down at his watch. "That's all, then. Class dismissed."

Kagato licked his lips as the three Destroyers headed for the Arena. "Hear that, Vegeta? Fresh meat."

The young Saiyan Prince smiled. "Good. It's been a while since I got to use my Gallic Gun."

"I say they last all of five seconds," Garlic sneered, rubbing his small hands together.

"I say two and a half, since it's Vegeta's turn to start things off," Kagato added.

Vegeta was about to reply when a pair of arms suddenly appeared around his neck.

"You boys planning on having some fun without me? That's not nice at all!"

Kagato rolled his eyes. "Hello, Ryoko. I see you're in a good mood today. How's your mother?"

Ryoko gave Vegeta a peck on the cheek and smiled icily at Kagato. "I don't know or care. But I'm always in a good mood when my man's about to be see some action. Don't you just love the stench of burning flesh in the morning?"

"Well, we won't see anything unless we hurry," Garlic growled. "Kagato?"

"Very well. One mass teleport, coming right up." Kagato waved an arm, and the four were instantly standing inside the already crowded Gauntlet Arena.

"Well, the new kid should be here any minute," Ryoko said, narrowing her eyes. "I can hardly wait."

* * * * *

Professor Washu peered over the top of her glasses at the small girl. "Are you sure you're in the right place?"

The girl nodded. "Yes, ma'am. I was ordered to come here by Jurai's royal family."

"I can understand that," Washu said, "but are you certain you're supposed to be a senior?"

"That's where the entrance exams placed me, ma'am. I'm not really familiar with this planet's educational system."

"Okay, then. According to these test results, you're supposed to be in Professor Tomoe's homeroom. That means you'll have an advanced class schedule. Hmm...the same as my Ryoko. Who did you say your parents were?"

The girl lowered her head. "I...didn't. I don't have any."

"I see. Sorry about that." Washu glanced back at the papers in her hand. "Well, Yugi, welcome to the Chaos Academy. I assume you're aware of your special abilities already?"

"Yes, ma'am. Why is that important?"

Washu simply stared at her. "Trust me, it's VERY important on your first day..."

* * * * *

A warning horn blared in the Arena, and the main doors slowly slid open.

"Better get ready, Vegeta," Ryoko warned. "Here comes the new kid!"

Vegeta stepped forward, quickly building up the energy needed for his signature attack. "Any last bets?"

"One second and three quarters," Garlic said, taking out a stopwatch.

* * * * *

Yugi swallowed noisily as she stepped inside the Arena. Suddenly, the doors slammed shut behind her. She was blinded by bright floodlights, which were aimed at the entrance for that exact purpose.

A dull roar began to build up as she stumbled forward. It took her a few moments to sense that the Arena was slowly filling up with some sort of gas. It made her eyes burn and water, and air was becoming thin. A scary thought came to her: it was supposed to be this way...but why?

Before she could come up with an answer, a golden glow pierced through the gas clouds, and an angel reached out for her.

* * * * *

Vegeta was planning to fire his Gallic Gun as soon as the gas activated. But just before it did, the new kid appeared, and he paused. She was very new, as in newborn, and kid was the best possible word for her. She looked more like an elementary student than a high school one. She wore overalls a little too big for her and sneakers. Still, Vegeta and the other Destroyers set the standard of excellence at the Chaos Academy, and no new kid was going to ruin his rep.

He laced his fingers together, forming a gun, and prepared to fire.

Through her tears, the new kid looked up, her eyes locking on his for a fraction of a second. Then she lowered her head, trying to wipe her eyes, and maybe clear her vision.

Fortunately, that fraction of a second was all Vegeta needed. He slowly lowered his hands. <Can it really be her? Is she...the one?>

"Vegeta? What are you doing?" Ryoko asked. "Why'd you stop?"

Vegeta didn't answer. Instead, he slowly floated into the air and flew away from the stands, heading straight for the new kid. <I have to reach her before it's too late...for both of us.>

"Maybe he wants to hit her at point-blank range?" Garlic guessed.

"No, it can't be that," Kagato said. "He hates getting blood on his uniform. There's something strange going on in his head." And he would know, since telepathy was one of Kagato's specialties. Vegeta had exceptionally strong defenses, mentally and physically, but for the first time in years, Kagato caught a gleam from the Saiyan's mind. There was an overwhelming feeling of...concern?

The gas hid Vegeta from view, but he had no problem maneuvering through it. He could hear the girl's coughs and gasps as he got closer, and put on a sudden burst of speed. "Grab my hand!" he shouted.

The girl didn't obey, and it took him a few seconds to realize why.

Vegeta closed his eyes and focused his energy. His muscles ripped and began to expand. His eyes turned green, and then his hair flashed with a golden glow. The light from it pierced through the gas, and he waited.

Finally, the girl came stumbling towards him, tears running down her small face. Instead of taking his outstretched hand, she collided with his chest and threw her arms around his waist.

Vegeta frowned a bit, and the glow quickly left his hair. His eyes returned to their normal color. He wrapped an arm around the girl and floated upward. Then he aimed at the floor and fired the Gallic Gun. He fired a second blast at the Arena's roof and flew through the hole just before the Arena was filled with laser blasts, bullets, arrows, spears, and anything else that could be shot or thrown.

No one even saw him leave. No one but the other Destroyers and Ryoko.

* * * * *

Yugi slowly opened her eyes. She was outside now; the sun blinded her for a moment. She shielded her eyes with her arm, and slowly sat up, moaning quietly. As she did so, a hand came to rest on her shoulder.

Yugi gasped and looked at it. A white glove covered the hand. Her gaze went past the glove, up the well-defined arm, and came to rest on the face above hers. The eyes looked like they could form the perfect glare, but for now, they only held concern.

Neither of them said anything for a long time.

"Are you hurt?" he asked.

Yugi continued to stare at him, but shook her head.

"Do you have a name?"

She swallowed, then whispered, "Yugi."

"Yugi what?"

She shook her head again. "Just Yugi." Her eyes finally left his, and locked on her feet. "Thanks for saving me, Mister..."

"Not Mister. I hate that. Call me Vegeta."

She nodded, and started to get up when he took her hand.

"You are hurt."

Yugi followed his gaze down to her arm. There was a long wound where something had hit her arm, and blood was beginning to pool up there. "Oh. It's nothing. I-I'll be okay."

His eyes left her arm and traveled to her face. She swallowed a gasp, becoming even more nervous than before. <She's afraid of me.> "Why are you so scared?"

She began to shake a little. "Y-You're a S-Saiyan, right?"

<Here it comes. All Saiyans are violent monsters that kill people.> He nodded.

Her eyes widened a bit. "S-Saiyans attacked my h-home planet. Th-They killed a lot of p-people."

"Well, I wasn't with them, and I did just save you." His eyes didn't leave her face.

Yugi stopped shaking, but she was still very nervous. Her eyes drifted down to his right knee. His uniform was torn there, and little red spots seemed to decorate the wound. "Y-You're hurt, t-too," she whispered.

He glanced down at his knee. "It's nothing."

For the first time, a tiny smile appeared on her face. "That's what I said."

He matched her smile with one of his own. "I'd better take you to the nurse."

She hesitated, then came closer to him. "Are you in Professor Tomoe's homeroom?"

"Yes. Why?" he asked.

Yugi smiled a little wider this time. "Me, too."

"You?" He looked genuinely surprised. <She's a senior? An elite one? But how?>

She nodded. "That's what Professor Washu told me."

He stared at her, then shook his head. "Come on. I want to get you checked out before Kagato finds us."

Yugi did her best to keep up with his fast pace. "Who's he?"

"Someone you definitely won't like, and vice versa."

* * * * *

Ryoko was the first to find Vegeta. He was standing inside the nurse's waiting room when she appeared in front of him. "We need to talk," she said seriously.

Vegeta looked as if he had seen that coming, but didn't say a word.

"Why'd you save the kid, Vegeta? You know something like that could ruin your-and our-reputations. Kagato won't like it."

Vegeta closed his eyes. "When have you ever known me to be interested in what Kagato did or didn't like, Ryoko?"

"Never, but you were smart enough not to show it or think it! You've never pulled anything this stupid! Do you really think he's not going to do anything?"

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were worried about me."

Ryoko sighed and placed her hands on his shoulders. "Vegeta, please don't do this to me. You know I can't stand it when you say things like that!"

Vegeta opened his eyes. "Then why do you even bother to stay with me?"

"We both know why," Ryoko whispered, staring into his eyes. "You just won't admit it to yourself yet."

The door to the examination room swung open, and Washu stepped out. "I see you two are still as close as ever."

Vegeta pulled away from Ryoko and turned to Washu. "How is she?"

"Ask her yourself," Washu replied with a smile.

Yugi slowly stepped out from behind Washu. Her right arm had a long bandage on it, but she was perfectly fine otherwise.

Ryoko's eyes narrowed. "Vegeta, if you-"

Vegeta silenced her with sharp look, then kneeled down to inspect Yugi's arm.

In that instant, Kagato and Garlic Jr. appeared behind Ryoko.

"A warning, my friend," Kagato said quietly, looking directly at Vegeta. "The next time you wish to hide from me, keep your sickening concern for a small child to yourself. I almost choked on the scent."

Yugi quickly hid behind Vegeta as he stood and faced Kagato.

"You disappoint us, old friend," Garlic muttered, shaking his head. "I always hoped Kagato was wrong when he told me this day would come. If you hand over the child now, we can still pretend this never happened."

Vegeta glanced at Ryoko, and then down at Yugi, who was hugging his leg tightly. His eyes traveled back to Kagato. "Come and get her."

Kagato narrowed his eyes. "You are a fool to challenge me, Vegeta."

"No, Kagato. I was a fool to follow an even bigger one." Never taking his eyes off his rival, Vegeta reached down and picked up Yugi. "Coming, Ryoko?"

Ryoko hesitated, then followed Vegeta out of the office.

Kagato frowned. "I suppose you knew this would happen, Washu."

Washu shrugged. "I knew Vegeta wouldn't take orders from anyone. I thought you knew that, but I guess you didn't."

"I knew. I just didn't think he would openly challenge me."

Washu nearly laughed. "You think he's afraid of you? Because if you say that, I promise I'll never stop laughing."

* * * * *

Yugi was very nervous. Partially because Vegeta and Kagato had been inside the Arena for a long time, and mainly because Ryoko kept staring at her, and not in a good way.

"You just better be worth it," Ryoko muttered.

"What?" Yugi asked.

"Vegeta's life. You do know Kagato could kill him, don't you?"

"I didn't ask him to protect me. He wanted to."

Ryoko glared at her. "Why?"

"I...don't know. He didn't say."

The main door slid open, and Garlic Jr. walked out.

"Who won?" Ryoko asked.

"Vegeta. Kagato's gone...banished." There was a strange look on Garlic's face.

"Well, where is he?"

"Still inside."

Ryoko's eyes widened. "Is he...?"

"No. He's hurt, but that's not it, either. I'm not sure, but I think he was...praying."

"Praying?" Ryoko repeated in disbelief. "Vegeta?"

"That's what I was thinking. You'd better check on him. I'll watch the child."

Ryoko nodded and flew into the Arena.

Vegeta was kneeling in the center, and his eyes were cloudy. His uniform was torn and stained with blood in almost every spot. Yet, there was a tiny smile on his face.

Ryoko landed next to him and helped him up. "Vegeta, can you hear me?"

She expected him to say something like, "I don't need your help." Instead, he blinked. "Where is Yugi?"

"Who?"

"Yugi. The girl."

Ryoko frowned as she half-dragged, half-carried him to the door. "Garlic's watching her." Noticing his sigh of relief, she narrowed her eyes. "You know her or something?"

"No."

"You love her?"

He smirked. "How can I love someone I don't even know?"

"Then why'd you save her?"

Vegeta looked at her. "I had to." That was all he would say about it.

Yugi gasped when they came through the door. "Is he okay?"

Ryoko smirked. She obviously didn't know Vegeta very well.

Vegeta pulled away from Ryoko and stood shakily on his own feet. He slowly took a step, then another. He stayed that way for about three seconds. Then his legs finally gave out, and he fell to his knees. He took deep breaths, trying to calm his racing heart.

Arms slipped around his neck, and long, soft hair brushed against his scarred face, but they didn't belong to Ryoko.

"Are you okay, Vegeta?" Yugi asked quietly. Her eyes were filled with concern, and there was no longer any fear in them.

Vegeta didn't say anything right away. He slowly wrapped an arm around her waist. When his voice returned, he drew her closer and whispered, "I will protect you. I swear it."

"But are you okay?" she repeated.

Vegeta thought for a moment. "No, I'm not." Then his eyes rolled up into his head, and he passed out.

* * * * *

Though Vegeta's eyes were first met with darkness, they adjusted quickly. He was lying on a bed, but not his own. After a few minutes, he realized that it was Ryoko's room.

He started to move when he heard a loud snore. Vegeta's eyes drifted to the left. Ryoko was asleep beside him, a light blanket hiding everything but her hair from view.

Vegeta decided it would be best if he returned to his own dorm before they were discovered. He began to move again, but found his left arm was numb. He soon found out why.

Yugi was asleep between he and Ryoko, part of the blanket covering her small body. Her arms were wrapped tightly around his left one, so much so that she was cutting off circulation.

With some effort, Vegeta finally removed his arm from her iron grip. As soon as he did so, however, Yugi moaned in her sleep and reached for him. She kept feeling around the bed until her hands found his chest. Then she cuddled up against him and rested her head on his shoulder. Yugi sighed, a peaceful look coming over her face.

Vegeta watched her for a long time before wrapping an arm around the child. She snuggled into his embrace and began to snore quietly. Vegeta sighed and stared up the ceiling, something he did when he couldn't get back to sleep.

<So is this what it feels like to have a family? Father taught me everything there is to know about fighting, but he never told me a thing about families.>

His eyes drifted down to Yugi's face.

<Is that why she's here? Am I supposed to learn...from her?>

As if answering his question, Yugi murmured in her sleep, "Daddy..."

Vegeta's eyes widened a bit, but he decided not to wake her up. It would raise too many questions, and he was too tired as it was.

* * * * *

When Yugi woke up, Vegeta was gone. She quickly turned and shook Ryoko, who woke up with a snort.

"Whadda ya want?" Ryoko asked groggily.

"Wake up, Ryoko! Vegeta's gone!"

Ryoko groaned. "He's a big boy that can take care of himself. Go back to sleep, kid."

Yugi climbed out of bed and ran to the doorway. As she passed through it, and a strange tingle went up her spine. She shook it off and continued down the hallway. She could hear voices, and one of them sounded like Vegeta's.

Eventually, she walked into a kitchen. In the center of the kitchen, around a table, sat Washu and Garlic Jr. Standing a few feet away from them, drinking black coffee, was Vegeta.

"Vegeta!" Yugi cried as she ran in.

The Saiyan looked up in surprise as she leaped into his arms. "Hello, Yugi," he muttered, looking a little embarrassed.

Yugi hugged him tightly, pressing her face against his shirt. "I missed you," she murmured.

Vegeta put her down before returning to his seat at the table. "Did you sleep well?"

Yugi simply climbed into his lap and made herself comfortable. "Yes, but I don't think Ryoko likes me very much."

Washu snorted. "I wouldn't worry about it. Besides, if Vegeta likes you, she won't have much choice."

Yugi looked up at Vegeta. "You like me?"

Vegeta actually turned a slight shade of red.

Yugi grinned. "I like you, too!"

"Not to interrupt, but how are you going to explain what happened yesterday to everyone else, old friend?" Garlic asked.

Vegeta started to answer, but Washu cut him off. "We've already figured it out. Vegeta will just say that Yugi is his cousin."

"You really think that will work?"

Washu smirked. "This is Vegeta we're talking about. Even if anyone was suspicious, they wouldn't exactly be brave enough to ask questions."

* * * * *

Professor Tomoe was surprised to find that Vegeta, Ryoko, Garlic and Yugi were the first ones in class that morning. The Destroyers usually walked in just before the warning bell rang. "Good morning, students. Did something happen to Kagato?" he asked.

"Transferred," Garlic replied.

"I see. And who do we have here?"

"This is Yugi, the new student," Vegeta said. "She's my...cousin."

"Cousin?" Tomoe adjusted his glasses. "I take it you have relatives on Jurai, then?"

"At least one, apparently," Ryoko muttered.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Yugi." Tomoe shook her hand. "Good to see you survived your first day with only minor wounds. Most new students are usually in the hospital for a week. Anyway, take a seat wherever you like."

As Yugi sat in Kagato's old seat, she whispered to Garlic, "How did he know I'm from Jurai?"

"Professor Tomoe is a brilliant man," Garlic answered. "He has a gift for identifying many different races. Hasn't been wrong about a student yet."

Soon, more students began to enter the classroom. Most nodded to Garlic, Vegeta, and Ryoko, but no one even looked at Yugi.

"Did I do something wrong, Vegeta?" Yugi asked after a while.

"No. Kagato was very popular, and they think you're trying to take his place. It'll be like this for a while." Vegeta was about to say something else, but he suddenly stopped.

Yugi followed his gaze to a boy standing in front of their table. His hair was black and his face was somewhat pale. He wore a ripped white T-shirt, black pants, and a swirling, red cape.

"Hello, Tetsuo," Vegeta said quietly.

Tetsuo nodded. His bloodshot eyes traveled to Yugi. "You have the talent," he whispered.

Yugi stared at him. "I do?"

Tetsuo nodded again. "Join us. After school. Gauntlet Arena." He glanced at the Destroyers and then added, "Come alone." With that, he slowly walked away and took his seat near the back of the classroom.

"W-Who was t-that?" Yugi asked.

"Tetsuo," Vegeta replied. "He's currently the most powerful student at the Chaos Academy."

"He's president of the Psychic Club," Garlic added. "He must want you to join."

"Me?" Yugi squeaked. "But I'll never be that scary!"

"It takes time to become that evil," Vegeta said. "In Tetsuo's case, it only took a few days, but he's clinically insane, so I guess it was a trade-off."

"If he's crazy, why do they let him walk around like that?" Yugi asked.

"You just answered your own question," Ryoko replied.

"But why do I have to come alone?"

"Only psi-talents are allowed," Vegeta explained. "None of us are. Of course, Kagato was..."

* * * * *

Yugi had never been more nervous in her entire life. The Arena was almost totally dark, save for the many candles that had been placed at certain points on the floor. There were about thirty other students. Each either looked extremely intelligent, or, like Tetsuo, just plain scary.

Tetsuo sat in the center of the Arena, surrounded by a circle of candles. He seemed to be meditating, so no one dared to disturb him.

Yugi took a seat on the floor and watched the others students talk quietly among themselves. Suddenly, a hand touched her shoulder. She looked up to see a girl her size holding a candle. She had long, green hair and dark eyes.

"Greetings, sister," she whispered, bowing. "I am Sabrina. Are you new here?"

"Um...yes. I'm Yugi."

"Welcome to the Psychic Club." Sabrina sat down beside her. "So, what is your talent?"

"My...talent?" Yugi asked.

"Yes, your gift. What is it that makes you one of us?"

"Oh. Um...I can move things with my mind, and sometimes, I can read thoughts."

Sabrina smiled. "So you are a fellow telekinetic, and a telepath. Tetsuo will like you."

"Is that a good thing?"

"Oh, yes! Tetsuo only teaches the students with the greatest potential. There are not many of us, but we can do great things together."

"Was...Kagato one of those?" Yugi asked.

"He was very powerful, yes. But he would not allow himself to be taught. Tetsuo was going to take a vote to decide whether or not he should remain." She lowered her voice. "Personally, I thought he was a jerk, and I'm glad he's gone."

Yugi smiled. "Me, too."

Sabrina reached for her hand. "Come. I will take you to Tetsuo. He will introduce you to everyone."

Yugi hesitantly took Sabrina's hand and followed her to the circle of candles.

"I must ask that you only refer to him as Akira while we are here," Sabrina said. "Otherwise...well...you don't want to know."

Tetsuo opened his eyes and looked at Yugi. "Welcome, child. I sense a great power within you."

"Um...thanks." Yugi chuckled nervously.

"Do not be afraid," Tetsuo said. "We are all family, and you are one of us now. Sabrina will be your guide. Feel free to ask her anything that concerns you." He stood up and spread his arms.

Everyone instantly grew silent and turned to face him.

"Brothers and sister, rejoice! Another has found her way to our family. I would like to introduce Yugi, Vegeta's cousin. She possesses the gifts of Move, Think, and Create."

"What does that mean?" Yugi whispered.

"That means you have telekinesis, telepathy, and...life." Sabrina's eyes widened a bit.

"Life?" Yugi asked, looking confused.

"The ability to give it, and to take it away," Sabrina whispered. "But we will talk about that later, my friend."

* * * * *

"You're really going to do this, aren't you?" Ryoko asked.

Vegeta didn't look at her. "You expect me to abandon the child, Ryoko?"

"I just want to know why she's so important to you."

"My reasons are my own."

"Fine." Ryoko crossed her arms over her chest.

"Are you jealous?" Vegeta asked.

"I guess I am. Would it make a difference if I wasn't?"

"No."

She sighed. "You don't know the first thing about children."

"Then I guess I'm going to learn," Vegeta said. "You will, too."

"What makes you think I'm going to keep seeing you?"

"Yugi likes you. You'll stay for her."

Ryoko didn't say anything.

A few minutes later, Yugi finally emerged from the Arena, but she wasn't alone.

"Who's that?" Ryoko asked.

"Sabrina," Vegeta said. "Tetsuo's favorite prodigy."

"That guy gives me the creeps," Ryoko muttered.

Vegeta smirked. "That's his job."

Yugi ran up to them. "Guys, guess what! Tetsuo said I've got great potential!"

"That's real nice, kid," Ryoko said.

"Oh, and I made a new friend! This is Sabrina!"

"We've met once or twice," Sabrina added, smiling at them, but mainly at Vegeta.

"We'd better go," Ryoko growled. "Washu's waiting." She grabbed Vegeta's arm and nearly dragged him away.

"Thanks for helping me, Sabrina," Yugi said. "I really appreciate it."

Sabrina nodded. "There is no need to thank me, my friend. I will see you tomorrow."

"Okay. Bye!" Yugi waved and ran to catch up with Ryoko and Vegeta.

Sabrina smiled. "What do you think, Tetsuo?"

Tetsuo suddenly appeared beside her. "I think she will be my best student yet, Sabrina." A smile slowly inched across his face. "Yes, my best, indeed."

The End!