Angel Sanctuary Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Blood Moon ❯ Running ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Running, nothing but the sound of his legs pounding the earth reached his ears. For the past ten years he had learned to be alone. He was alone, no one else knew he existed. Oh sure deep in his heart of hearts he knew it would end some day. Just not so soon, laughter filled the air around him. He was no longer alone, slowing from a run to a jog and then to a walk he pondered. HE would do the best he could to make it work. "Reiyo-kun!" The laughter lapsed into silence as a cry for him resounded through the forest. Only one thought came to his mind, who is calling for me?

Blood Moon

I opened my eyes and yawned, today I was going to begin my classes at Kyoto University. I suppose I should have been thrilled, but truthfully I wasn't sure if I even wanted to go. "Reiyo!" I suppose I'm just afraid that it would be like high school, only this time I won't have moving as an excuse. "Living on campus."

NPOV

Reiyo stood and threw on his favorite clothes black baggy jeans and a black baggy t-shirt. Spiking his semi short black hair up took only a few moments to do, "Reiyo, I'm not calling again!" Downstairs he knew his older sister waited, and was probably dying to send him off. Reiyo shook his head, and grabbed a few things shoving it into a bag before hurrying down stairs. "Sorry can't talk, late." Reiyo used his favorite good-bye line on his sister, and noticed her smile. "Late!" She replied knowing he probably will come to her for something since she was closer than there parents to the school.

Reiyo walked the six blocks to the U, and went towards the dorm completely lost in thought. "Reiyo-kun!" a voice whispered coal jet black eyes watched him go towards and into the building. Reiyo yawned silently and looked around once inside the building. It was bigger than he remembered, but then it had been a year since he visited his brother and his love.

Looking at the slip of paper he carried in his hand it told him that he was on the third floor, and that his dorm was coed. Tilting his head a few unspiked strands of cobalt hair fell in front of his eyes. Silently behind him another stood watching him with interest. Mumbling something about 3-A Reiyo headed towards the stairs, coming down the stairs at the same time was a group of guys and two girls.

"Inuyasha, we should wait and see if his room mate shows up!" One girl with pale grey eyes whined, "I agree, she is right Inu we shouldn't ditch him." The other girl spoke up, one of the guys whom Reiyo thought was this Inuyasha, spoke up. "I will stay with him and you two ladies while Inuyasha, Eric and Shippo go to the store." Reiyo shrugged, noticing that his guess had been wrong.

Didn't matter to him though, he headed up the stairs and waited to pass by the group. "Alright sounds good to me, Ship, Eric lets go." Three turned back to go towards the top and three headed downwards. Reiyo followed the three up, and noticed they were heading towards his room. They paused out side 3-A, and he walked past them and into the room.

It held to beds, two side tables, two desks with chairs, and one mini fridge. On one bed he noticed was a female fast asleep. "You must be Reiyo," a voice whispered from the door way. Reiyo nodded and once again tucked a loose strand behind his ear. The girl at the door motioned for him to come out so they could talk. Reiyo dropped his stuff on his own bed and walked out of the room.

The girl held out her hand, "Hi my name is Sango Katyo, she is Kagome Higurashi, and he is Miroku the Letch." Reiyo nodded that he followed what she said and looked them all over, he thought all three of them looked cute. "My name is Reiyo Kokomoto, who may I ask is that asleep in the room?"

Kagome looked through the crack they left and acknowledged that she was still asleep. "Her name is Ryouya. She is not your room mate though, her brother is, but we suspect that he is off doing something." Kagome shook her head in agreement. "You should meet him soon, he has to come back and see his sister off." The other girl smiled at him, "My name is Sango, she is Kagome and he is my very perverted boyfriend Miroku."

Reiyo nodded and turned going back towards the room when Kagome reached out and caught his arm. Reiyo froze as a seen of Kagome as an old woman smiling in her bed flashed through his head. No one else noticed, he turned and yanked his arm from Kagome's grasp. "I don't like it when, people touch me." Although spoken coldly it seemed to carry a darker meaning. Kagome frowned, "I just wanted to say good-bye, we are all heading towards the cafeteria." Reiyo turned and entered the room closing the door in her face.

Leaning against the door Reiyo, sighed he almost for got he wasn't alone. The girl named Ryouya coughed and shifted on the bed. He couldn't help it, even though he hated skin contact for the whole reason that he could see how the mortal would die. He reached out and brushed a piece of hair out of her eyes. Another flash of light and a hospital bed became clear. Poor mortal girl, dying of cancer and her family doesn't even know.

Several hours later the sound of a door opening and closing awoke Reiyo from his light sleep. He blinked and looked towards the door, even though the room was bathed in darkness he could see clearly. "Ryouya, come its time for us to go." A voice softly spoken broke through the harsh darkness.

Reiyo watched silently, and then growled. How could I have fallen asleep, dammit. He stood up and snapped on the light by his bed, he had unfinished packing two hours earlier. Looking around the room now lit up he realized once again he was alone. Walking towards the window he paused, as a book caught his eye. "True Myth's and Legends of Vampyres" he smirked, and came to stand by the window as the moon shone down upon the school grounds. "Legends and Myths all start with a bit of truth, after all they have to start somewhere."

He threw the window open and leaned out of it, and then after awhile he leaned on it. He didn't even notice when the door opened and closed again. "You must be Reiyo, my group of friends has already told me about you." The new comer ran a hand threw his short blonde hair and half closed his blue green eyes, "I should have realized that you were asleep." He walked over to his bed and began to get ready to go to sleep, still talking, "My name is Setsuna," getting up once more he snapped off the light next to Reiyo's bed and got back into his own, "Good night roomie." Setsuna could have sworn he heard a reply.

*~Reiyo's Dream~*

The cry came swiflyt that he didn't have to run anymore, but then why was he running? The scene changed an he was in a room quite empty and void of all people. Except for a girl in tears and some in the shadows, light hit the shadows just right and he could see deep black eyes. He tried to go towards them but felt held back, once again the voice called out. No better yet it was whispered, "Reiyo-kun" The girls sobs became louder until he was forced to look at her, when he glanced up the shadow was gone. Who is calling for me?? Was all he could think.

~*~Waking world~*~

Reiyo's head snapped up, some one had been calling his name. "Kuso" he muttered realizing once again he had fallen asleep. He knew it wasn't really his fault, after all he didn't ask for the premonitions, they just came to him. He himself was still adjusting to who he was, death among life. A living, still breathing vampyre. Oh he died all right, but his `parent' wouldn't let him be like all others. "You will continue among the living, your thirsts and hunger will change. You are no longer human, you are a vampyre in human disguise." The memory of the cold voice still bothered him a little, but it was fading as the days passed.

He looked out the window once more and noticed some one walking away from the building. The guy was in the shadows and even with his enhanced vision Reiyo could tell the person was hiding himself on purpose. Shaking his head Reiyo got up and walked to the door opening it just as a girl was about to knock, "Kagome right?" Reiyo muttered to her, she's the one from my dream.

"H..Hai? Your up early.." Saltwater…she's been crying already. Reiyo nodded, "I think he is still asleep." Kagome's face fell, a little `o' forming "Hai, I should have known. I was heading down for breakfast anyways. Care to join me?" Reiyo turned and grabbed his key, which had been tagged and left on his bed. "Sure".

As the two walked down the hall Kagome talked non-stop about everyone Reiyo had met yesterday. She also dropped hints that she knew the perfect girl for him. "She's cute and funny, and really sweet. Reiyo, I'm not boring you am i?" "No Kagome-chan, I have just been lost in thought." Kagome nodded and then stopped walking, "Do you hear that? It sounds like some one is crying."

Reiyo opened the door to an empty class room and spotted a girl inside, she was crying openly on the desk she sat at. This must be the girl from my dreams and not Kagome. Reiyo turned his head and looked towards the shadows, he could see a form of some one. Kagome walked in to the room behind him and cried out, "Oh Keri are you alright?"

"Reiyo-kun," a voice whispered from the shadows. Reiyo walked to the shadows and stood in front of the form. At the same moment Kagome opened up the blinds and let in the sunlight. "Who are you that calls my name?" Reiyo asked in a quiet tone. "I am…"

Vampyre: Ahhhhhhhhh, *screams and then falls silent*

Inka: *wonders why she is screaming and see a big black wall in front of them* What's that?

Vampyre: *in dramatic tone* that is what keeps me from writing further… its killing my creativity.

Inka: sooooo what is it?

Vampyre: Writers block.

Inka: -.-"""" so who is the one calling out for Reiyo-kun?

Vampyre: I have no idea, *sobs* writers block is in the way so I can't see who it is….

Inka: umm, are you okay??? *watches her keep sobbing* umm, Review please!!! I think she needs some inspiration!! *sobs grow louder* Desperately!!!! Oh and I need candy!!!!