Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Black Ice Heart ❯ Suicide Attempt number...? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Black Ice Heart
Chapter 2: Suicide attempt number…?
Summary: Katara is the princess of the southern water tribe, but she doesn't want to be. She blames her father for leaving her and has tendencies to do the unthinkable. Although can a certain young prince melt her icy heart? We can only wait and see. Zatura.
Disclaimer: I do not own Avatar: The Last Air Bender.
 
 
 
~~~~~~~Katara's P.O.V. ~~~~~~~
“Katara, go set up the sleeping bags.” Sokka yelled to me from his position in front of the fire, keeping the stew from boiling over.
“Ok, Sokka, I'll set them up if you would untie me.” I call to him from where I sat tied up on Appa's back.
“Don't worry I'm coming.” Aang stated monotonously as he flew up and began undoing the knots.
Truly I could care less what they did with me I only wish they would let me fulfill my wish even if they don't like it.
“Aang, would you do me a favor and hand me Sokka's club?” I asked him innocently.
“Sure, Katara, what ever you want.” He said as, stupidly, he handed me the weapon I had requested.
When both Aang and Sokka had their backs turned I began to hit my self upside the head with the club Aang had given me. I was on the fifteenth strike when Sokka turned to look at me to tell me dinner was ready.
He saw what I was doing and yelled,”Aang how could you be so stupid, you know she's not allowed to have weapons? Katara, stop doing that! Don't you know how much that hurts me, to see you like this?” Sokka then proceeded to run over to me and wrestle the club out of my hands.
“I'm sorry, Katara, but we have to tie you up again for your own good. Your too dangerous to be left alone for to long.” Aang told me as him and Sokka wrapped the rope around my arms.
~~~~~~~Two days later on Appa ~~~~~~~
We were flying further north, to find my accursed, bastard of a father. It hurts to think that he is still alive even after what he did to me. Even after he told the firebenders that I was in the tent with my mother only after they agreed to spare his and Sokka's lives. Because he did that I can not forgive him, and I doubt he even wants my forgiveness seeing as he was willing to sacrifice my life for his own. He even opened the door for them; I saw it with my own eyes.
I decided that with my new found freedom, Sokka didn't tie me up, I would pass the time looking over the side of Appa's saddle in to the ocean. However, just below us I saw the fire nation ship that has been tailing us since we first began our journey. It was just far enough to the side that if I fell I would land on it.
My first thoughts were to jump and see what would happen, but when I stood up to do so a flying lemur, a warrior, and an airbender all tackled me and tied me up again. Sighing with indignation, I reached for the knife I had hidden in my sleeve earlier that day just incase I did end up tied down.
Once I got my self untied I looked around and saw that no one was looking. They were all to busy looking over the map trying to figure out were they were headed next.
~~~~~~~ On Zuko's ship Zuko's P.O.V. ~~~~~~~
Earlier today I saw the girl stand up on the saddle and look down over the ship as if contemplating jumping and landing on the ship. Although as soon as she stood the Avatar and the water nation baboon and the fucking little lemur thing jumped on her. After that I saw the ropes being tied around her as they made sure she was safe.
“It seems as though the Avatar is about to lose his precious prisoner that he usually has under lock and key and takes special measures to make sure she doesn't escape.” Uncle said as I looked up to see the girl standing and looking for our ship. I watched as she frantically looked around her checking to make sure that no one was watching her and then would glance back to look for the ship.
I could see it in her eyes, even from so far away, when she noticed the ship and prepared herself to jump then she looked over her shoulder. I saw her hesitate then fling herself in the air and came tumbling down through the air. Behind her I could see her captures, too late to save her, watching as she fell, like a raindrop, too surprised to do anything until she landed heavily on the deck of my ship.
“Uncle, please check and make sure the guest is alright?” I reacted quickly trying to guess what the Avatar would do now that he has lost his prisoner.
(AN: I was seriously contemplating on whether to stop here or not, but then I decided that I should go on and not make my readers mad.)
~~~~~~~ On Appa No one's P.O.V. ~~~~~~~
Sokka could not believe his sister would do that. He could not believe that she would be as unhappy as to throw herself into the air and onto that fucking fire nation row boat. With that stupid fucking little bitty fire bending prince that has no fucking honor and probably enjoys rapping an innocent little girl who's not emotionally right and fucking trying to capture Aang and failing miserably because he's a miserable failure and is a failure as a human and all that the fire nation stands for and that is why he has been banished.
“Aang did she just do what I hope she didn't do?” Sokka asked fear sounding through his voice.
“Yes, Sokka I believe she has just jumped over the side.” Aang replied sadness laced through his entire being.
“LET HER GO IT DOESN'T MATTER TO ME ANY MORE! LET HER DIE IF THAT'S WHAT SHE WANTS! LET HER RUN TO FUCKING EXILED BANISHED ASSHOLE OF A PRINCE, ZUKO!!” Sokka burst out suddenly and turned around walked up to Appa's head grabbed the reins and made Appa go inland and land to make camp for the night.
“Sokka what are you doing? We have to get Katara back.” Aang yelled.
“No Aang let her do whatever makes her happy. We shouldn't be forcing her to go somewhere that she doesn't want to go.” Sokka stated in a whisper so quiet that Aang had to really listen to hear.
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
AN: That should last you all till next week when you get chapter 3. As always reed and review!
 
Stay tuned for Chapter 3: The tell-tale heart, coming next week.
Remember first three reviews get a preview of the next chapter.