Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Bleeding Earth ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
When Double D woke up as he notices that he was nearing the city. He looked out of the windows to see that he was entering the outer walls of the city. He notices the farmlands. The plane soon was descending.
Later, he was on a plane strip that was build just recently to load and unload supplies, people, and other uses. “Good luck, sir.” said the pilot. Begins to take off in the plane. Soon Double D was met with an Ostrich Horse stagecoach. He was soon begins to be towed off till he reach the inside of the city to where the governor building is (which is the same place in the royal palace.)

Along the way he notices that the city had change after the war with the Fire Nation. He notices a newspaper that reads: Fire Nation Civil War is still at large. He waited as he reaches the capitol building. He then was escorted to the governor’s room. There sitting at a throne still was the once called “Earth King”.
“Hello, sir.” Double D said. The governor looks at him.
“Double D, It’s a relief to see you here.” He said “This thing about murdering had drove me crazy. I want it to stop.” He explained.
“President Cartlon wants this slaughter to end as well.” Double D said. “That is why I’m here.” He said.
“I know. I made the request for you.” The governor said. “I also will want you to have a partner.” He said. As a girl name Song walk in. she notices Double D
“Double D, is that you?” she said.
“Song?” Double D said as they did a friendly hug.
“It’s been a while that we seen each other.” Double D said.
“Yeah, it has been a while.” Song replied.
“I’m sorry to interrupt, but I need to speak about the murders.” He said. As the two stopped and waited for the governor to speak.
“The murders are occurring in the upper ring which is here. About 5 girls were found with there necks slit and there lower organs removed. The 6th one was found with her head chopped off.” He said.
“What organs to be exact?” Double D asked.
“I’m not sure, but the police wants to you to examine the body.” Both Double D and Song looked at each other.
There in a small building just near the newly build police station. There in a row were the 6 bodies each in coffins made of wood. The girls were all white skinned and the last had no head. “Oh, here’s the head.” Said a policeman, he placed the head on a table. Double D begins to gag at the disfigured face that the head had.
“The poor girl didn’t even scream.” Said the Policeman, he walked off. Both Song and Double D walked to the bodies.
Song walked towards the bodies. She notices that the necks were slit, as the governor says. Double D swallowed hard as he walked to the body that Song was observing. He then lifted up to see what organs that were removed. He then saw that there was a very deep gash to the groan area just below the waist. Double D quickly looked away and finally threw up. Song placed here hands on her mouth and looked away also.
“What mad man would do this?” Double D said.
“I don’t know, but we need to get him and fast.” She said. “First, we must find out why, he is killing innocent girls.” She said as they walked back to the capital building.