Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Completely Helpless ❯ Completely Helpless ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER::: Toph, Katara, and all character's mentioned are the exclusive right of Nickalodean. Or whoever owns them. Basically someone other than me owns AVATAR.
 
 
A hand whipped across Toph's face. Touching her cheek she felt the icy blood ooze out of her pores. The nothingness was bearing down on Toph, stronger and more unnerving than it had ever been. She was standing on air. Her usual means of interpreting her surroundings was gone. Without her sense of feeling vibrations and turning them into some sort of understanding, she was completely helpless. Completely helpless. “Wake up!” She screamed. The echo of her small voice reverberated and became louder with each pass. Gradually the words began to morph into a laugh. Simply a giggle at first, but becoming more depraved with each passing second. “Shut it! Leave me alone!” Yelling to the laughing may have been pointless, since it continued to imbue its maniacal passion into Toph's mind. How long it lasted no one could say. When you're this close to death, time is meaningless.
 
 
After a second or maybe hours it stopped. Toph spun around waiting for something. Anything. The silence was almost worse than the cacophony. Suddenly she felt hot air next to her face.
 
 
“You are alone. You have always been alone.” Her own voice told her from the darkness in a sinister whisper. “No one wants you. No one likes you. No one feels anything but pity for you. Why should they? What can you do for anyone? You are blind, and not just in physical sight, but in every thing. You cannot see what is right in front of you. You are worthless. Completely helpless. Your bending is the only thing that keeps you hoping you have a purpose. But really you will never amount to anything. You aren't even pretty enough to make a decent whore. No one will ever love you. You will be a burden to all you meet for the rest of your life. You are completely helpless.”
 
 
Something brushed against Toph's leg. Reaching down, she felt more of the cold, thick, liquid. “What's happening?” She asked the abyss. Falling to her knees, she began to cry. “Please, stop,” she begged. “Please?”
 
 
Silence was her only answer.
 
 
It was then she felt the hands.
 
 
There was only one at first. It was soft, like the one that slapped her. Small too, like a child's, a child maybe her age. It started pulling at her hair. Teasing it. Braiding it. Curling it around its finger. Whenever Toph went to grab the hand though, it always moved. Or simply wasn't there to begin with. Yes it scared her, especially when it began to rip her hair out… But it didn't scare her nearly as much as the next one.
 
 
This hand was not as soft and much larger. Definitely a women's hand. It grabbed Toph's wrist and started to twist it. Toph pulled away as hard as she could, but that only seemed to antagonize the hand. So it broke Toph's arm. Never having felt this much pain in her life, Toph really didn't know what to do. She thought she should scream so she tried. But all that came out was a pathetic choking sound.
 
 
Another hand, a man's, covered Toph's mouth. As she attempted to scream it applied more pressure to her face. As the child's hand ripped out her hair, the women's hand worked on her wrist, and the man's hand covered her mouth. She thought three were bad enough.
 
 
The fourth hand might have been the worst. With the ripping of her clothes off and such. But while that one worked on untying her shoes the fifth decided to traumatize her just a little more. “No…” Toph pleaded as the fifth hand slid up her inner thigh. The coldness that entered Toph was even worse than that which had broken her arm.
 
 
Twisting around futilely Toph needed escape. What started with one tiny hand, had become thousands grouping, prodding, squeezing, terrorizing her. No matter what she did, they were still there. She was completely helpless.
 
 
Then they were gone. She could move again. She touched her arms, legs, face, and shuddered. The blood was everywhere. She couldn't imagine how her body could contain so much blood. It wasn't until sight came to her did she understand, that it wasn't her blood. That in reality it was simply the blood of the hands.
 
 
When one goes through life without the ability to see, there really is no way someone who has had that ability can understand what it's like. What it's like for the very first image you have to be one of horror. Toph really didn't understand what happened to her brain in that second. Colors, well, they must have been colors from what had been described to her, and shapes, came together in front of her. They meant nothing, as if a different language. But after a few moments of adjusting, and vomiting, Toph realized what the liquid, spewing forth from what must have been the hands of hundreds of corpses, was.
 
 
It never was her blood she felt. And how the dismantled hands had the power to molest her, she would never know. And at that moment she saw that her wrist, the one the second hand snapped, was merely a stub now, never to be whole again.
 
 
When she turned away from the gory picture that would forever be burned into her memory, she got a new image. There in front of her were bodies. There in front was Aang. His left arm a stub. There next to him was Katara. Her left hand gone. There behind the two was Sokka, mutilated like the others. Even though Toph had never seen any of them, somehow, this twisted dimension, let her know it was them. The other bodies she recognized too. Her parents. Suki. The Boulder. Zuko. Iroh. Even Appa and Momo were there. She didn't know what they looked like when they were alive. But this couldn't be it.
 
 
“Toph? That you?” Katara's body moved ever so slightly as the words came out.
 
 
“Katara you're alive?” Toph started to tremble. “No way.”
 
 
“Help me up.” Katara's head flopped to the side limp.
 
 
“Of course, come on we have to get out of here.” She ran to Katara only to see that the pile of bodies shift. They surrounded Toph. There was no where to go. She was helpless. Completely helpless.
 
 
“Katara what are you doing!” Toph panicked. “You guys it's me, Toph!”
 
 
“We know.” Katara spat. “And we know that you're one of us now.” Mutely Katara, along with the other corpses, lifted her left arm. And Toph, powerless to stop it, lifted hers, right along with them. She was helpless. Completely Helpless.